Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Paul Weeks (38) is one of 239 people missing after a Malaysia Airlines plane disappeared while en route to China

Debris not from a plane apparently? http://news.yahoo.com/metallic-debri...085646037.html

Nope but I enjoyed all the theories.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Well, at least the wing is legit, right? Just not the part they thought might have been a door.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

Well, at least the wing is legit, right? Just not the part they thought might have been a door.
    If the wing was proven legit, I would assume some kind of official announcement confirming it, surely?

it's legitimately from a 777 and there are no records of another 777 crashing into the ocean, but they haven't yet confirmed that that piece came from that plane. last i heard, at least.

the conspiracy people are trying to claim that that piece falls off of planes quite frequently and no one ever reports it because, you know, it's not like that piece is really that important anyway.

'that that' in a row is really uncomfortable, yet i used it twice in the preceding post.

Pretty sure a flaperon is pretty important though.

I think they're just trying to not jump to conclusions.

They're pretty sure the flaperon is from MH370. It was sent to experts in France to check actual serial codes to confirm the match.

I wonder if the erupting volcano was just a ruse to keep the island from being swamped with treasure hunters.

I haven't been able to find out what those low rock walls are about on Reunion Island. Any clues?

New article from the Daily Mail, they think they've found a window:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...l-moments.html

May not be much, but at least the families have something now.

More pieces are turning up on Reunion

http://www.9news.com.au/world/2015/0...reunion-island

Everything but the plane -

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/in...13-gm5371.html

The search for missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 has discovered a shipwreck from the 19th century. Photo: ATSB

A vessel in the search for missing Malaysia*Airlines flight MH370 has made the amazing discovery of what is thought to be a shipwreck from the 1800s.

About 80 metres in length, it is the second shipwreck discovered by accident*in seven months*in the search for the missing aircraft.

The Havila*Harmony was in the search area on December 19 when*sonar contact was made with an object on the seabed.

The search for MH370 continues off the WA coast Photo: Department of Defence
    A spokesman for the Joint Agency Coordination Centre said early analysis suggested the object was likely man-made, probably a shipwreck.

Advertisement

"The search vessel*was tasked with further investigation and around two weeks later captured a high-resolution sonar image, confirming that it was the wreck of a ship," he said.

An expert*at the*Shipwreck Galleries of the Western Australian Museum believes the vessel dated*from the turn of the 19th century.

The purple area marks the remaining search location for MH370.
    Maritime archaeologist Ross Anderson said it looked*like a large iron or steel sailing ship sitting upright and very intact dating from mid-to-late 19th century or*possibly the early 20th century.

"It appears it is collapsing in classic iron ship fashion with the bow and stern triangles upright and intact, and side plating collapsing out to starboard," he said.

Mr Anderson was not able to identify the name of the ship based on the image provided.

The scattered remains of a shipwreck found in May 2015. Photo: ATSB
    "It is a bit hard with the grainy image to determine if it is three or four masted, which would narrow the possibilities, although it is a large vessel some 80 metres in length," he said.

"So many ships have been lost over the years, it*is all but impossible to identify vessels or their country of manufacture or*port of origin without being able to do more detailed artefact studies."*

Mr Anderson said the best clue was often something like crockery that may have visible the name of the shipping line or similar information.

Last May, the wreck of what was suspected to be a mid-19th century cargo ship was also found in the search area.

Images taken by an automated underwater vehicle revealed several man-made objects including an anchor, and a box-shaped object about six metres long. Black rocks scattered across the seabed were thought to be coal.

The museum's*maritime archaeologists at the time were able to identify it as a wooden sailing ship with a cargo of coal.**

The Havila*Harmony departs the search area as early as Thursday, returning to Fremantle for a scheduled port visit.*

Another search vessel, the*Fugro Discovery arrived in Fremantle for a scheduled resupply visit on Monday and was due to leave Wednesday and arrive back in the search area around January 19.*

A third ship, the*Fugro Equator, continues to conduct search operations. It will return to Fremantle for a scheduled resupply visit in early February.

More than 80,000 square kilometres of the sea*floor has been scoured*so far of a 120,000 square kilometre search*area.

It is anticipated the search will be completed around the middle of the year.

Australia has led the international search for the plane, which vanished on its way from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing on March 8, 2014. Six Australians were among the 239*passengers and crew on board when it disappeared.

The Australian Transport Safety Bureau is focusing its search on the southern-most part of their targeted area in the "seventh arc" of the Indian Ocean,*over a slightly wider terrain, with only one-quarter of the area where the plane*was most likely to be found left*to be searched.

There have been no confirmed sightings of debris from the MH370 since part of its wing was discovered*washed up on Reunion Island, east of Madagascar,*in August.

What happened to those kids who found a plane full of skeletons?

Oh conspiracy interwebz, I thought you'd hit your lowest point when you throught you'd discovered poisonous chemtrail rainbows in your garden sprinkler, but now you've really plumbed new depths

http://www.ibtimes.com/flight-mh370-...d-shah-2305061

Flight MH370 Pilot Alive? Authorities Debunk Internet Hoax Claiming Zaharie Ahmad Shah Found In Taiwan
    BY JULIA GLUM @SUPERJULIA ON 02/12/16 AT 9:14 AM

Thousands of Internet users rapidly shared an article this week about the re-emergence of Zaharie Ahmad Shah, the veteran pilot of the Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 that disappeared nearly two years ago, with the reporter claimimg he was alive and recovering in a Taiwan hospital.

The only problem? The story is fake, the Asia News Network reported Friday. Shah and the other 238 people who were on board the Boeing 777 when it vanished en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing in 2014 are still presumed dead.

Transport Minister Datuk Seri Liow Tiong Lai told reporters Friday that the Shah rumor was not true. "The ministry will provide updates on MH370 from time to time. Any information regarding MH370 must be referred to us," Bernama reported he said. "Do not speculate."

Lai added that he had confirmed that the report was wrong with Malaysia's Taiwan consulate, according to the Star Online.

MH370 Pilot Resurfaces In Taiwan, Two Years After Flight Disappearance
    Posted on February 12, 2016 by Sean Adl-Tabatabai in Weird // 3 Comments
    Captain Zaharie Ahmad Shah, the pilot of the disappeared MH370 flight, has resurfaced in a hospital in Taiwan

The article in question was posted by the World News Daily Report on Wednesday with the headline "TAIWAN: MH370 PILOT MYSTERIOUSLY RESURFACES ALMOST 2 YEARS AFTER HIS FLIGHT VANISHED OVER CHINA SEA." Accompanied by a photo of a heavily bandaged man lying in a hospital bed, the story claims a group of Taiwanese villagers found Shah near the Tangshui River and got him immediate medical attention. Doctors allegedly thought Shah had regressive amnesia, and the website quotes one: Dr. Syed Boon Sulong.

"The patient is still very weak and sick, and his brain seems to be blocking access to a certain part of his memory in order to protect him from pain that these memories could generate," Sulong said in the article. "His health is too fragile for the moment, but over time, he should able to remember everything.?

The report undoubtedly came as a shock to Malaysians holding out hope that MH370 and its passengers might still be alive despite the plane's curious disappearance. But it was quickly debunked. The Asia News Network noted that the article's source describes itself as "an American Jewish Zionist newspaper based in Tel Aviv and dedicated on covering biblical archeology news and other mysteries around the globe." Snopes reported that the photo of the patient ? allegedly Shah ? was actually a man named Aung Myo Oo from Burma. The doctor pictured ? reportedly Sulong ? was actually the country's deputy director-general of health, Jeyaindran Sinnadurai.

The search for debris from MH370 continued Friday in the Indian Ocean. An operational update from earlier this week indicated more than 85,000 square kilometers of the ocean floor had been swept so far for evidence. The search was set to cover 120,000 square kilometers ? a goal it will likely reach in June

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    What happened to those kids who found a plane full of skeletons?
    I totally missed this. I'm not having much luck finding any updates though, most articles seem to say it's been dismissed outright without further invesigation. I'll have a proper look for updates later on today

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/...ns-missing-jet

http://twitchy.com/2015/10/13/no-pla...e-phillipines/

Glad the families of those on the shipwreck get closure...

Originally posted by animosity:

Hmu next time, we'll have some soapy gins and then draw each other naked. Until we get kicked out.

Fuck I wish so hard that I could add 'adventurer' to the end of my job description.

Between the ocean and shitty farm fields, California
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Fuck I wish so hard that I could add 'adventurer' to the end of my job description.
    Do it. I don't think there's a rule to how adventure-y you have to be to get the title.
    Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post
    I want that fucking meat.

Third Piece of Plane Wreckage Confirmed as MH370 Debris.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/07/asia/m...med/index.html
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

CNN)Missing plane Malaysia Airlines MH370 was plunging towards the sea with no one in control when it made its last satellite communication, new analysis reveals.

A new report released by the Australian Transport Safety Bureau (ATSB) on Wednesday provided the clearest picture yet of the missing plane's final moments in March, 2014.

"Additional analysis (of) the final satellite communications to and from the aircraft is consistent with the aircraft being in a high and increasing rate of descent at that time," the report said.

"Additionally, the wing flap debris analysis reduced the likelihood of end-of-flight scenarios involving flap deployment."

According to end of flight simulations run by the ATSB, the plane was spiraling in its final moments, descending at up to 25,000 feet per minute (284 miles per hour).
    Airlineratings.com aviation expert Geoffrey Thomas told CNN the report debunked theories that the pilot had been flying the plane when it landed in the sea.

"The really important news in this report is that the flap found in Tanzania was stowed. Therefore there was no way this airplane was being flown by anyone," he said.

"It was out of control, ran out of fuel and spiraled into the sea at high speed."

This figure illustrates the resulting flight paths from the simulations performed by the manufacturer and aligned at a point consistent with when the final BTO transmission may have occurred.

They called off the search. Poor families, waiting all that time for nothing.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/17/asia/m...ded/index.html

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-02-0...-ocean/9401892

Wild conspiracy theories about Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 have now spread to the search ship tasked with finding it.

Key points:
    ? Ocean Infinity signed a deal with the Malaysian Government to search 25,000
    square kilometres over 90 days
    ? Seabed Constructor went dark on tracking websites
    ? Some suggest search ship retrieved chest from sea floor
    ? For nearly a week some aviation buffs and MH370 followers have been
    debating online whether the missing plane has in fact been secretly found and
    ? if not ? why the ship's Automatic Identification System (AIS) was abruptly
    turned off for several days, preventing online observers from tracking its
    movements.

The ship, Seabed Constructor, suddenly went "dark" on tracking websites not long after it had completed a curious circle, several kilometres wide, prompting many on Twitter to question what was inside the circle on the sea floor.

The ship then headed south-west in a straight line, and a few kilometres later turned its AIS off.

"I'm sticking with my theory that the big circle is a piece of debris, and the line south was to locate the plane. When they think they found it they turned off AIS as protocol," one tweet said.

"This. Is. Strange. I have never seen a ship do this. Maybe there's an AUV lost down there?!?" said another.

Seabed Constructor has spent two weeks scouring the ocean floor in the southern Indian Ocean for the fuselage or debris from MH370.

Its operator Ocean Infinity ? a Texas-based company ? has signed a deal with the Malaysian Government to search a 25,000-square-kilometre area over 90 days, and will receive payment of between $US20 million and $US70 million only if it finds the missing plane.

Speculations ship made secret detour to chest
    The decision to switch off the AIS prompted some to speculate that the ship had made a secret detour to a nearby shipwreck to retrieve a chest known to be on the sea floor.

The shipwreck was discovered in 2015 during the previous Australian-led search for MH370, in waters south-west of the current search zone.

The ship itself has all but dissolved over time, leaving only the metal frame and piles of nuts and bolts.

But Paul Kennedy, chief executive of Fugro ? the company that carried out the first undersea search ? confirmed in 2016 that a large chest was the only thing left intact.

What we know about MH370

Mystery still surrounds the case of Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 with investigators still to determine how the plane ended up in the Indian Ocean.
    "It's a big chest, it's about three metres long, maybe one-and-a-half metres wide. And it's still closed," he told a conference in Perth.

"The whole ship has deteriorated. But there's a big chest in about 4,000 metres of water."

The ship's identity has not been confirmed, so it is impossible to know what, if anything, is in the chest.

Aviation buff, John Zwicker, tweeted the chest "may be a box of old socks".

Mr Kennedy said the WA Maritime Museum had no records of a ship that matched the wreck found.

But the anchor had "ceased manufacture" about 1820, meaning the vessel could be almost 200 years old.

Others have speculated that it could be a Peruvian-built transport ship, the S.V. Inca, which disappeared on its way to Australia in 1911.

Either way, Twitter has run hot with speculation that Ocean Infinity indeed took a deliberate detour to the wreck, presumably to retrieve the chest and any booty it might contain.

"Tomorrow I'll confirm the GPS I have for #Constructor down to the wreck and back. I've already confirmed it with my source. It happened. It isn't a big deal from my point of view," said Mike Chillit, a long-time MH370 follower.

He questioned whether Australians had a right to share the spoils of any bounty brought up from the deep.

Others are sceptical, given the strict 90-day deadline Ocean Infinity has to find MH370 if it wants to receive any payment.

"I don't see the point of OI going to have a look at the shipwreck now. They have a 90-day window, Malaysian 'observers' on board and a target: #MH370. They can look at it after the search if interested," aviation buff Juan Valcarcel said.

Seabed Constructor to dock in WA
    Ocean Infinity has repeatedly declined media requests for interview, so it may never reveal why it turned its AIS system off, or whether it used the three to four "silent" days to visit the shipwreck.

The data behind the MH370 search

The data gathered during the Australian Government-led search for flight MH370 in the southern Indian Ocean.
    The AIS was turned on only after the Seabed Constructor was apparently on its way to Fremantle in WA. It is due in port within the next 48 hours.

A spokesman for the company has told the ABC that the stop is "a quick turnaround of the vessel and then continuing with the search".

Aviation experts say even with the AIS turned off, the ship is still visible on marine radar systems, but not on live website tracking apps.

The Malaysian Government last night said the search has so far covered 7,500 of the 25,000-square-kilometre priority area.

So far two "points of interest" have been identified, but "upon further investigation, these POI's were classified as geological".

The four-year hunt for Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 has ended with the latest, privately funded search coming to a close.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-44285241

US-based Ocean Infinity had been using a deep-sea vessel to survey a vast area of the southern Indian Ocean.

But it found nothing and Malaysia's government says it has no plans to begin any new searches.

The plane disappeared on 8 March 2014 while flying from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing with 239 people on board.

Official search efforts ended last year and there are still fierce debates about what happened to the flight.

Grace Nathan, whose mother was on MH370, said she was opposed to ending the hunt.

"People might think: 'Why are these people still harping on about this, it's been four years'. It's important for people to remember that MH370 is not history," she told the Guardian newspaper.

8 March 2014: Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 departs for Beijing. The plane loses contact less than an hour after take-off, with no distress signal or message sent. Initial search efforts focus on the South China Sea

15 March 2015: After evidence emerges that the plane was diverted to the south, the focus switches to the Indian Ocean

July 2015: Large piece of debris washes ashore on Reunion, an island in the Indian Ocean east of Madagascar

January 2017: The governments of Australia, Malaysia and China announce they are suspending the official search after failing to find anything in the area thought to be the plane's final resting place

January 2018: Amid pressure from relatives, Malaysia signs a deal with a private company to resume the hunt. Ocean Infinity agree to work unpaid but would have received a reward of up to $70m if it had found the wreckage

May 2018: Deteriorating weather makes operating in the area impossible, bringing the hunt to an end. Malaysia says it has no plans to restart it

There is still no answer. Finding the plane, or at least more bits of its wreckage, could prove key but investigators have very limited information about the plane's last hours.

Experts still cannot come to a definitive conclusion as to whether MH370 remained under the pilot's command, or crashed out of control into the sea.

One widely explored theory is that the plane's pilot deliberately brought it down.

But Australian investigators have rejected this, saying he was unconscious during the final moments.

Technical failure remains another possibility but in the absence of an official explanation conspiracy theories have abounded.

What happens next?
    Malaysian Transport Minister Anthony Loke says a full report into the plane's disappearance will be published in the future but has not given a date.

Australia, Malaysia and China have agreed that an official search would resume only if credible evidence emerged on the plane's location.

Although the Malaysian government says it will not extend the private search, Anwar Ibrahim, who is widely tipped as next prime minister, told The Australian newspaper there was "further digging" to be done.

In the long-term, a project to map the ocean floor may also offer answers.
    Last edited by Music; 05-30-2018 at 05:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Why?

Because I don't like anal penetration sex between men, I don't.

Just because I don't like anal sex, doesn't make me any less gay or unable to be loved.

I can't be the only one out here, I'm just not. Don't worry about it. Mind your fucking business.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-07-3...eport/10051196

MH370 report: Queensland woman furious at 48-hour notice to attend briefing in Malaysia

A Queensland woman has been left fuming after being given only 48 hours notice to attend a government briefing in Kuala Lumpur on the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370.

Danica Weeks's husband Paul was among the 239 people aboard the Boeing 777 when it vanished between Kuala Lumpur and Beijing in March 2014.

The Malaysian Government is today releasing its final report on its investigation into the missing plane, but with two days' notice to travel 6000 kilometres, the Sunshine Coast mum said it was impossible for her to attend.

"I couldn't turn myself around in 48 hours to get there," Ms Weeks said.

"I wanted to be there, to be briefed on the report, I've been waiting to see what is in it."

Ms Weeks said if she had been given more notice of the briefing and that the flights would be paid for, she would have made sure she was there.

She is angry she will miss out on her opportunity to ask questions of the government as to what happened.

"We miss out on the one-to-one question time," she said.

Travel confusion 'a slap in the face'

A representative from a Malaysian support group phoned Ms Weeks early last week and advised there would be a briefing today, but that the families would need to get there at their own expense.

Ms Weeks ruled that out, but was then advised on Thursday that "they were going to pay for our flights."

She was also concerned whether any of the Australian families would make the briefing in time.

"They would be in the same boat as me, with not enough time to organise getting there," she said.

"I'm very angry, that this offer came with only 48 hours to get over there.

"I would have jumped at the chance to ask questions about where my husband is, what happened.

"It is a slap in the face again that we couldn't be there to get the briefing."

Ms Weeks said her children desperately needed answers she was unable to give.

"We need to know, we can't just lose a Boeing," she said.

"This is ludicrous that this can be unsolved.

"I hoped to have answers."

Ms Weeks waved goodbye to husband Paul as he boarded the flight from Perth to Beijing via Kuala Lumpur on March 8, 2014.

It has become the biggest aviation mystery involving a Boeing 777.

A privately funded search for the missing plane was called off in May.

Ms Weeks and the other families had been waiting for this Malaysian Government report which they hope will shed light on what happened.

But Ms Weeks is not getting her hopes up.

"Once bitten, twice shy, I'm worried they are not going to give much information," she said.

She will have to wait until the media briefing from the Malaysian Government to find out what happened.

"My next step is speaking with the Deputy Prime Minister [Michael McCormack] to ask, 'now that this report is out, where do we go from here?'

"Our loved ones are on that plane, we want answers. Something happened."

Ms Weeks's theory remains something happened to the plane and it had nothing to do with the pilot.

"I believe something happened with the plane and the pilot tried to turn around.

"The plane might have been on autopilot for seven hours before it dropped in the ocean.

"That's my theory, but it is still just such a mystery. I hope one day we will have the answers."

Thread Information