Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Giovanni Gonzalez, 17 hit by train and dies

Giovanni Gonzalez, 17 hit by train and dies

http://www.wesh.com/news/central-flo...0#mid=18423390

A teenager is dead after being hit by a train in Daytona Beach.

Giovanni Gonzalez, 17, was walking on the tracks toward the train and holding a skateboard at Wilder Boulevard Monday night.

Police said the engineer saw Gonzalez, blew the train's horn and did his best to stop the train, but it was too late.

The train hit and killed Gonzalez, police said.

According to the engineer, it appeared Gonzalez tried to get out of the way at the last minute.

"They said the kid looks like he tried to jump out of the way at the last second," said Jimmie Flynt, Daytona Beach police spokesman. "We really don't know what the kid was trying to do, whether he was playing chicken with the train or what."

Police are investigating why Gonzalez was on the tracks.

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/news/central-flo...#ixzz2uSPGjvLQ

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    More "blackneck" shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar
    What an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

I'm thinking he maybe had earbuds in and was listening to loud music, and it was a total accident.

Poor kid.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    I'm thinking he maybe had earbuds in and was listening to loud music, and it was a total accident.

Poor kid.
    Oh, it was one of those stealth trains.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Oh, it was one of those stealth trains.
    Or he was walking with his back turned to it and didn't see it.

And obviously didn't hear it, if my music theory is true.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Have you ever been near approaching trains though?? I doubt he was surprised unless he was WASTED.

Probably playing chicken like a dummy.

Have you ever been near approaching trains though?? I doubt he was surprised unless he was WASTED.

Probably playing chicken like a dummy.
    Yeah, I used to live behind a freight train track. We'd walk our dogs along the sides of the tracks. They're loud, but they don't shake the ground like an earthquake.

If the kid was listening to music and had his back turned, it's easy to see how it could have happened.

But what do I know, I'm sure playing chicken with the train all by himself is a more sensible approach.

Yeah, I used to live behind a freight train track. We'd walk our dogs along the sides of the tracks. They're loud, but they don't shake the ground like an earthquake.

If the kid was listening to music and had his back turned, it's easy to see how it could have happened.

But what do I know, I'm sure playing chicken with the train all by himself is a more sensible approach.
    At 17? Wouldn't doubt it.

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar

NOPE.

Giovanni Gonzalez, 17, was walking on the tracks toward the train and holding a skateboard
    he's a dumbass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

Quote Originally Posted by neenerneener View Post
    NOPE.

he's a dumbass.
    Yea, I can't really get my head around not hearing a train. Coincidentally, Mr. Gonzalez got his head around a train with great ease.

Meh. I'm still not gonna jump on that bandwagon.

Yea, I can't really get my head around not hearing a train. Coincidentally, Mr. Gonzalez got his head around a train with great ease.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

The first thing I think of is suicide. He's facing the train, he can see it coming, and the engineer honked that loud ass horn.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

What's the motivation behind playing chicken with a train when you're by yourself? That's what I don't get. I never knew people who played chicken with trains, but I would imagine people who do it, do it to show off to their friends.

I dunno. I'm just gonna bank on it being a freak accident. Or maybe a suicide with a last minute change of heart.

What's the motivation behind playing chicken with a train when you're by yourself? That's what I don't get. I never knew people who played chicken with trains, but I would imagine people who do it, do it to show off to their friends.

I dunno. I'm just gonna bank on it being a freak accident. Or maybe a suicide with a last minute change of heart.
    I'd question it if he were 40. Teenagers are dumb.

I'd question it if he were 40. Teenagers are dumb.
    Dude what are you talking about?!? Teenagers kill themselves quite often

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Dude what are you talking about?!? Teenagers kill themselves quite often

Either suicide or "I'm an invincible teenager" syndrome. He was handsome. Poor kid.

Aww, that really sucks. Giovanni was a very handsome young man. I am sure his unfortunate death was quick.

I always say kids, teens are braindamaged till 'bout 30. We may never know what happened, xcept the train won.

Godspeed, Giovanni

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    The first thing I think of is suicide. He's facing the train, he can see it coming, and the engineer honked that loud ass horn.
    That's what I'm thinking too. Sadly I think he changed his mind at the last second but it was too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Live2Love View Post
    That's what I'm thinking too. Sadly I think he changed his mind at the last second but it was too late.
    It's local to me and suicide is a rumor that is going around amongst his fellow skaters. He was alone, so the playing chicken thing, seems weird to me.

He was raised by a single mom and the community is raising money to help with the funeral. He had tons of friends and everyone loved him.

SOUTH DAYTONA ? About 100 kids young and old, many with a skateboard in hand or under their feet, flooded a Ridgewood Avenue skateboard park Thursday ? not to grind a new rail or ride a new ramp but to remember one of their own.

Giovanne ?Gio? Gonzalez, a 17-year-old amateur skateboard competitor who attended the Richard Milburn Academy, was killed about 8:30 p.m. Monday when he was struck by a train. It is not known why Gonzalez was walking along the tracks near Wilder Boulevard in Daytona Beach when he was hit.

Jericho Skate Park, formerly Stone Edge Skate Park, held a free skate session at 4 p.m. before the 6 p.m. memorial.

?Nothing compares to losing somebody,? said Gia Gonzalez, 28, the teen's sister. ?I never thought I would wake up on a Tuesday morning to the news I woke up to.?

Tears ran down the faces of several teens as they made their way to ?the bird's nest,? the highest point in the skate park, to share their condolences and give hugs to Gio's family and closest friends.

?I'm still in shock,? said Gloria Gonzalez, the teen's mother. ?I'm here to say I loved my son very much.?

She told memorial attendees she sometimes wondered if she loved him too much, giving him all things skateboarding: clothes, shoes, boards, stickers ? you name it, and Gio probably had it.

?He's with Jesus now, and I'm happy about that part,? Gloria Gonzalez said.

Gio lived in Daytona Beach but was known as a fixture at the South Daytona park where he always had a smile but never a high-and-mighty attitude about his skating abilities.

Close friend Bobby Brundidge first met Gio about two years ago.

?We used to skate together every day,? Brundidge, 21, said. ?I love him. He has a big part of my heart.?

Brundidge said he loved the way Gio, whose favorite trick was a backside air, brought people together, many of whom admired Gio's talent as a skateboarder.

?He was someone I looked up to,? said friend and fellow skateboarder Jackie Harris, 19. ?He really touched me.?

Gio's cousin, Alexio Cardona, said he was impressed by how quickly his younger cousin became skilled at the sport.

?He was three times better than me in nine months time,? Cardona, 21, said. ?He's doing trick flips up in heaven.?

http://www.news-journalonline.com/ar...1040?p=1&tc=pg

"He is with Jesus now" ... in non-existence land.

I've been right near tracks and not heard the train approaching. Some of the lighter passenger trains really don't make much noise at all and they move so fast that by the time the engineer honked, it may have been too late. I live right near some tracks and have a friend who has tracks in his back yard. We've been standing in that yard, just feet away from the tracks, and not heard the train until it was almost right next to us.

Thread Information