Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Amanda Baker (24) strangled to death by a fifteen year old inmate

Amanda Baker (24) strangled to death by a fifteen year old inmate

This is a story of how this Hero LIVED:
    Scotts Bluff County Correctional Detention Center, Nebraska
    Correctional Officer Amanda Beth Baker
    End Of Watch: 02-16-14 (1st of 3 LODD to be posted today)
    CO Amanda Baker, 24, was strangled to death by a fifteen year old inmate (details below). Born with a soul that has courage to wear the badge, CO Baker had been Saving, Serving, and Protecting behind the walls standing as our last line of defense since 30 June 2012. CO Baker was assigned to the Scotts Bluff County Detention Center, both the adult center as well as the juvenile center. Co Baker enjoyed her work and gave 100% at all times. Taking pride in her work and in who she was always presented itself in her demeanor and her positive attitude.

Fellow Officers truly liked working with this True Blue Sister because she was fearless in the face of danger and not deterred by the risks dealing with the incarcerated. She was ready for the battle if one presented itself and never hesitated to back the Officers up. Now, being courageous is a definite must when dealing with violent offenders with nothing more than a few tools and fellow Officers to cover your six, but there is another quality imperative to do this work ... compassion. And our Sister Amanda had plenty of it ...

CO Baker was well aware that not everyone who found themselves behind the bars was evil. She understood that people sometimes make bad choices in life but are generally good at heart. Amanda never judged anyone and she treated all fairly and with humanity. CO Baker took time to talk, knowing that sometimes all someone really needs is someone to listen to keep them calm. So with an ever-present smile on her face, CO Baker proved to be an incredible asset with her ability to calm the masses with a few gentle words and understanding. She put everyone in a good mood just by walking through the door. And keeping the inmates calm is no easy task and yet so vital to safety for all.

CO Baker was just like any other Correctional Officer who get mistreated by some inmates. She had dealt with the harassment, assaults, and everything that comes with this job that so few are willing to do and yet, this amazing Warrior never let the bad outweigh the good. She was determined to make a difference in her small corner of the word and for this she will be remembered.

When not walking the halls, ensuring those behind bars are kept safely from the public, Sister Amanda was also attending nursing school. But her greatest love above all else was her baby son. Oh how she loved and doted on her pride and joy. CO Baler was trying so hard to make a better life for her son and she sacrificed so much to do this. But not once did she complain. Amanda was a wonderful role model to so many young women, showing the world that if you work hard enough and stay focused on what is important, you can accomplish anything you set your mind to. May we carry forward our Sister's legacy by taking a part of her with us as we enter into our daily arena as we continue to create our own. May we vow to never let her be forgotten so her son can grow up knowing how much his mommy was loved and how she truly Lived As Only A Hero Could. May we never forget.

This is very brief and just preliminary as this is an ongoing investigation. Once exact facts are learned, we will update here. On 14 February 2014 0210hours, CO Baker entered the 15 year old inmate's cell. The male inmate got the upper hand and strangled CO Baker into unconsciousness with his arm. (not known why she was there alone, possible manpower issues, nor do we know how she was found as yet). She was rushed to the emergency room. She was being treated and put on life support. At 1520hours, doctors declared our beautiful Sister as being brain dead. Even upon her death she gave her life ... for the People ... Sister Amanda was kept on life support long enough to donate her organs as per her wishes.Sadly, and with a heavy heart, late Sunday 16 February, CO Amanda Baler was removed from support, succumbed and was pronounced deceased.

02-19-14: Though there are still many questions to be answered, and as this is still an ongoing investigation, we do have an update of some details in the killing of our Sister Officer Amanda Baker: An arrest affidavit filed by Scotts Bluff County sheriff's investigator Matt Holcomb says security video shows the inmate talked Officer Baker into checking something on his cell floor - he then jumped on her back and attacked when CO Baker turned her back. She fell face down - the inmate straddled her and wrapped his arms around her head and neck. CO Baker tried desperately to fight off the attack but finally lost consciousness approximately one minute later. The inmate kept his hold for another minute and a half. The affidavit also adds that the inmate then took her keys and began to open several other inmates' cells. A fellow CO was walking the halls and noticed the cell doors open. Upon inspection, he found Sister Amanda unconscious (but breathing). He called for help and began CPR efforts before she was transported. We will continue to update as the investigation continues.

Inmate has been charged with two counts in the death - first-degree murder, a Class IA felony, and first-degree assault, a Class II felony. He appeared Tuesday in Scotts Bluff County Court for arraignment on the charges - preliminary hearing in the case has been scheduled for March 17, 8 a.m.

On February 19, 2014 the Scotts Bluff County Attorney's Office filed charges against another inmate, age 16, for aiding and abetting first degree assault upon Corrections Officer Amanda Baker. The information leading to this charge was developed during the ongoing investigation - He has been charged as an adult.

Amanda leaves behind her son David II, 6, mom Julie, step-dad Randy, sister Cassie, and brothers Isaiah and Noah. She was greeted at the gates by her father David. Our heartfelt thoughts and prayers go out to the entire Baker family, the Men and Women of the Scotts Bluff County CDC, fellow nursing students at Western Nebraska Community College, and to all whom have had the pleasure and the privilege of knowing and working along side this True Blue Hero.

Our Sister, as you now stand tall at the gates of Heaven may you continue your vigilant watch over us all as we carry on in the battles to come ... In our Sister's Honor. We thank you for your service and for your sacrifice. We thank you for your life. Job Well Done Ma'am.

Rest In Peace Correctional Officer Amanda Beth Baker ... We have the watch from here. SALUTE!
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Who was the inmate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Video shows teen inmate luring guard into cell before strangling her, authorities say

GERING, Neb. — A surveillance video shows that a 15-year-old inmate lured a corrections officer into his cell, then strangled her, authorities said Tuesday.

The video shows the teen, Dylan Cardeilhac of Torrington, Wyo., pointing to something on the floor of his cell at the Scotts Bluff County Detention Center.

He then choked the guard, Amanda Baker, 24, from behind, according to allegations in an affidavit filed in county court.

Cardeilhac, who appeared Tuesday in Scotts Bluff County Court, was charged with first-degree murder and ordered held without bail. He had been awaiting trial in connection with the robbery of a convenience store.

The affidavit says the attack on Baker occurred about 2 a.m. Friday and took 2 minutes, 37 seconds. The video “clearly shows that (Cardeilhac) had talked Amanda into coming into the room to look at something on the floor,” a sheriff's investigator said.

At one point, the video shows Baker with her back to Cardeilhac before he jumped on her back and began choking her.

The two fall to the ground, with Baker on her stomach and with Cardeilhac's arms wrapped around her head and neck.

After Baker lost consciousness, Cardeilhac continued choking her for about 90 seconds until she went limp, the investigator said.

After the attack, the investigator said, Cardeilhac took the keys off Baker's belt and left his cell, opening and entering cells that housed other juvenile offenders. He eventually was found hiding in another cell and placed in isolation.

A corrections officer found Baker as he walked past a hallway leading to the cells and noticed that many cell doors were open, the investigator said. The officer secured the open cells and found Cardeilhac while radioing for help.

One corrections officer grabbed smelling salts for Baker, who was unconscious but breathing, and another administered CPR until ambulance workers arrived.

Baker, who was taken to Regional West Medical Center in Scottsbluff, never regained consciousness. She was put on life support so her organs could be donated for transplant. She died Sunday.

County Attorney Doug Warner said the jail's policy is for at least two guards to be present before entering an inmate's cell, but Baker “may have been too trusting.”

Baker was a student at Western Nebraska Community College and hoped to continue her career in Wyoming. Ron Johns, director of the jail, called Baker “a very warm, very caring person who loved people and loved her job.”

The employees at the detention center “have just been trying to get through the days” since the attack, Johns said. The staff has been heartened by an outpouring of support from dozens of law enforcement agencies and corrections centers, he said.

“We've had emails from Canada, New York, Texas and just all across the country,” Johns said. “It's great to have that support. You don't feel so alone and we're hearing from people who understand just what we're going through.”

Born in Newberg, Ore., Baker was a 2008 graduate of Scottsbluff High School. She is survived by her 6-year-old son David Baker II; mother and stepfather Julie and Randy Baszler of Minatare, Neb.; brothers Isaiah and Noah Baker; and sister Cassie Baker of Scottsbluff. She was preceded in death by her father, David Baker.

A memorial service will be at 3 p.m. (MST) Saturday at Monument Bible Church, 4124 Ave. I, in Scottsbluff.

Donations to help Baker's family with expenses are being accepted at any Platte Valley Bank location. Checks should be made out to the “Amanda Baker Memorial.”

World-Herald staff writer David Hendee contributed to this report.

Amanda Baker's family provided the following statement about her death:

Amanda Baker was a light in our world that was blown out much too early. At the age of 24, she was a loving mother and a cherished daughter and sister. With a great sense of humor and a smile that took over her whole face, any room would brighten when she entered. She was furthering her education and was working to getting her credentials to become a nurse at the Torrington (Wyo.) Correctional Facility. Amanda was trying to make the very best life she could for herself and her 6-year-old son. Amanda had a great inner strength and she will be greatly missed by her family, friends and co-workers. In the words of her son, “She was the greatest mother ever.”

http://www.omaha.com/article/20140218/NEWS/140218706
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

What an unfortunate mistake, however I am close to positive that she went outside of protocol.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

Quote Originally Posted by g r ee n ey e s View Post
    What an unfortunate mistake, however I am close to positive that she went outside of protocol.
    i agree. who turns their back on an inmate and lowers themselves to the ground.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    i agree. who turns their back on an inmate and lowers themselves to the ground.
    Maybe they were having sex..

hot for jailer?
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

2 incredibly stupid things even I would know better than to do:

1). enter an inmate's cell alone

2). turn your back to said inmate

(sorry)

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Yeah. Not very smart. However, I don't think they were having sex. They KNOW it's on video. If they were going to have sex, I'm sure the would sneak away to a place where they wouldn't be on surveillance. I'm sure the prison guards know where the good sex spots in the prison are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

I have to admit though, that thought (sex with inmates) popped into my head when I read she had a baby..

ETA: that's a pretty hardcore, scary 15-year-old.
    Last edited by *crickets*; 02-20-2014 at 04:48 PM.

Senior Member TheFavoriteDaughter's Avatar
    I usually like to give people the benefit of the doubt but that sounds like pure evil.
    Suzanne Knight (21) brutally raped and devoured 3 toddlers while on a meth binge before hanging herself Marky69: If those toddlers didnt want to be eaten then they shouldnt of looked so god damned delicious. RIP Suzanne

A couple of thoughts: one, this was probably the kid's initiation into a gang or something.

Two, my friend works at a prison and says the worst people on earth are the prison guards. They're all just hateful, power hungry fucks, men and women. Just utter bags of shit. This is in keeping with pretty much everything my friend whose father was a correctional officer has told me and my mom's friend who was married to one told me. Maybe this woman was the rare exception but I don't believe for a second everything was kosher with her.

A couple of thoughts: one, this was probably the kid's initiation into a gang or something.

Two, my friend works at a prison and says the worst people on earth are the prison guards. They're all just hateful, power hungry fucks, men and women. Just utter bags of shit. This is in keeping with pretty much everything my friend whose father was a correctional officer has told me and my mom's friend who was married to one told me. Maybe this woman was the rare exception but I don't believe for a second everything was kosher with her.
    So she deserved to be strangled?

Quote Originally Posted by Live2Love View Post
    Where did she say that? What she is saying is there is probably some piece of the puzzle we are unaware of. Which is completely valid. Never once did she insinuate that she had it coming.

And to be honest, I thought the same thing. I know it's not ideal to think badly of the victim, and she was certainly the victim. I have met a few correctional officered though and I swear they teach classes there on how to be a disgusting human being. There are exceptions to every rule, but we don't know what went on. I mean, he had to have a reason. And unless the reason IS gang initiation, then I'm guessing some kind of abuse of power was involved.

It sucks and I'm aware I'm a bitch for thinking it, but I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Live2Love View Post
    No, I'm saying it is highly unlikely that this woman was some saintly angel and this just happened. There is more to this story. The possibilities are endless. It is even conceivable that she WAS one of the good guys and this was a set up involving the inmate and guards. A kid who robs a convenience store just randomly brutally murdering someone? In a prison with constant supervision, but no one noticed until it was over? This doesn't make sense. There is more to this story.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by *crickets* View Post
    2 incredibly stupid things even I would know better than to do:

1). enter an inmate's cell alone

2). turn your back to said inmate

(sorry)
    3) being a female CO.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Maybe they were having sex..
    This is what I'm thinking. CO + Inmate relationships and sex arrangements happen all. the. time.

Also, what Bowie said. CO's are notorious for being crooked.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Affidavit: 16-year-old helped plan attack on Scottsbluff jail guard

GERING, Neb. ? A 16-year-old youth charged as an accessory in an assault on a corrections officer allegedly helped plan the fatal attack.

On Wednesday, Scotts Bluff County Attorney Doug Warner charged Guy Eagle Elk of Lisco with aiding and abetting first-degree assault.

Dylan Cardeilhac, 15, of Torrington, Wyo., has been charged with first-degree murder and first-degree assault in the Feb. 14 attack on Amanda Baker, 24.

According to an arrest affidavit filed in Scotts Bluff County Court, Nebraska State Patrol investigators learned that Cardeilhac had expressed a desire to escape from the Scotts Bluff County Detention Center, where he was housed in the juvenile section.

Investigators said Eagle Elk allegedly had conversations with Cardeilhac on striking or ?choking out? a corrections officer to get keys to the facility, the affidavit states. Eagle Elk allegedly told Cardeilhac that Baker would be ?an easier target? and told him how to choke her until she passed out.

Court records indicate that Eagle Elk was scheduled to be transferred to the Youth Rehabilitation and Treatment Center in Kearney after facing a shoplifting charge in juvenile court.

http://www.omaha.com/article/20140219/NEWS/140218453
    If it hadn't been for Cotton-Eye Joe
    I'd been married long time ago

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Yeah. I didn't get the "gonna have sex" vibe here. Although I'm sure that kind of crap goes down constantly in prison.

She was VERY dumb to enter alone and turn her back to him though.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Yeah. I didn't get the "gonna have sex" vibe here. Although I'm sure that kind of crap goes down constantly in prison.

She was VERY dumb to enter alone and turn her back to him though.
    If you can't handle a 15 year old boy, maybe you should work at Old Navy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    This is what I'm thinking. CO + Inmate relationships and sex arrangements happen all. the. time.

Also, what Bowie said. CO's are notorious for being crooked.
    Faux real. Totally fucking happens. Not only consensual sex, but including rape. Sex happens all of the time in jail.

If you can't handle a 15 year old boy, maybe you should work at Old Navy.
    Yeah, I mean.. females all know about the nuts.

Faux real. Totally fucking happens. Not only consensual sex, but including rape. Sex happens all of the time in jail.
    These you want you ain't getting. And the sex you're getting you don't want.

Yeah, I mean.. females all know about the nuts.
    Yea, it's like he attacked a soccer mom in the mall, not a prison guard watching cells.

There was actually a prison close to where I live that was closed down because of the CO/inmate shit going on. http://www.insiderexclusive.com/just...risons-scandal
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Thread Information