Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Omaree Varela, (9) Kicked To Death By Mother After Calling 911 To Report Abuse Six Months Earlier

Thanks Debk!

Quote Originally Posted by sogs View Post
    Nothing matters but the lesbian.

Aw that's horrible. When I was a kid my aunt's friend called CYS on my grandma saying that my gram wasn't feeding me. They did a few home visits and dropped the case. I have no clue why she did that she's just crazy.

One of my cousins had four kids and CYS pissed me off so much with them. They needed to be taken away and they let them sit there for years! 3 were her husbands kids and they separated and divorced both fell into addiction. My cousin got a bunch of government money and she wouldn't even feed the kids! She'd spend her food stamps on junk food and wouldn't even share with the kids! My grandparents and I would go to the store buy some food and cook a big pot of spaghetti so they'd have left overs for a few days. She'd give it to them the day we made it and would throw the rest away. We'd sit there and watch her eat chips and tea while the kids would ask for a chip and she'd say no. She rented her house and her landlords were so nice. She owed so much back rent but they felt to bad to throw kids out on the streets. My cousin destroyed the house like broke doors, got rats, bugs, holes in walls, ect. Her two oldest are twins and one was autistic and one normal. The autistic wouldn't really talk but he loved helping out he would help us clean. The normal one loved to talk. He'd go to school tell the teachers I'm hungry cause my mom doesn't feed us. They live in a small town so the school could see that they would wear the same outfit for a week and they'd be dirty. The school called CYS and CYS would send a letter hey were gonna visit on this day. That's when we would clean. She started having people come over and do drugs and she got pregnant to the one guy. That guy is a sex offender. I don't remember how it went down but the landlords found out he was staying there and not on the lease and maybe got his name and saw he was on the list? His mom is also weird and wanted that baby so maybe she ratted him out to try and get custody? But any way CYS got word of it and that's when they finally took all the kids off of her. So many people reported my cousin and CYS would warn of them coming so she'd train the kids on what to say, clean the house, buy real food. It's been years and it still pisses me off.

This story pisses me off. You don't kick your effing children, dumb bitch! This child was failed by so many. He had the courage to try to report these people and nobody helped him. The mental and physical abuse must have been just awful and I can only imagine what the inside of that house looked like. The downfall of that "mother"'s face is very telling.

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/s...l#.VfQ2p9-COrX

A Bernalillo County jury found Stephen Casaus guilty of child abuse with reckless disregard resulting in the death of his 9-year-old stepson Friday.
    The jury reconvened Friday morning to determine a verdict in the 2013 beating death of Omaree Varela.
    The reckless disregard count of child abuse means Casaus did not call for help or try to save Omaree's life when the boy was allegedly kicked to death by his mother.
    Casaus was found not guilty of the most serious charge: intentional child abuse resulting in death. That charge alleged Casaus took part in Omaree's fatal beating.
    He was also found not guilty of two other counts of child abuse, but guilty of an alternative count of child abuse in the 3rd degree.
    The jury also convicted Casaus of tampering with evidence and intimidation of a witness.
    According to the Bernalillo County District Attorney's Office, the count of child abuse resulting in death that Casaus was convicted of is a mandatory prison sentence of 18 years. With the other counts, Casaus faces a maximum sentence of 30 years.
    Sentencing has been set for Nov. 10.
    "I do think the evidence was strongest that he was involved in the medical neglect, that he was there in the home, that he allowed Omaree to bleed out for hours and if he had just acted sooner, there was a chance he could have saved the life of Omaree," prosecutor Nicholas Marshall said.
    "We are relieved that the jury did the right thing and did not find intentional child abuse here and they got a guilty where we felt the case was strongest for the state on the medical neglect. So we can't say we're particularly surprised by the verdict," defense attorney Cindy Leos said.
    The testimony of Omaree's 7-year-old sister was a hinging factor in the case against Casaus. She testified earlier in the trial that Casaus played a part in abusing Omaree, along with the boy's mother, Synthia Varela-Casaus, who has also been charged and faces a separate trial.
    The defense argued Wednesday the sister changed her story after more than a year of working with case workers and police, and a psychologist testified her memory could have been altered.
    "First interview: Mom did it. She did not say dad did it," defense attorney Cindy Leos said Wednesday.
    Casaus claims he was in a bathroom at the home shooting up heroin while Varela-Casaus kicked Omaree to death.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Sorry, but the world would be better off without both of these pieces of shit. This boy is dead because he had a cuntwad mother and a fucktard father.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

I totally agree. I hope he's sentenced to the full 30. They may not have been able to prove he inflicted abuse on Omaree that day, but he certainly did on other occasions.

I was looking through some older articles today, and one had a picture of Omaree peering around an outside door on the day police came to investigate the 911 call he made. You could see the sadness and resignation on his face. Heartbreaking.

Thread Information