Thread: Alexa Linboom (5) died after being forced to drink grape soda

Alexa Linboom (5) died after being forced to drink grape soda

A Tennessee couple faces murder charges for allegedly punishing the man's 5-year-old daughter by making her gulp excessive amounts of water and grape soda, leading to her death, authorities said.

Alexa Linboom was forced to guzzle the fluids after she took "one or two grape drinks" that belonged to her stepmother, District Attorney Berkley Bell told CNN affiliate WJHL.

"She was allegedly force-fed so much liquid that it caused the sodium level in her body to go down and caused her brain to swell," he said.

In addition to drinking more than 2 liters of fluids in about two hours, she also suffered other forms of punishment, Bell told the affiliate. He did not get into specifics.

The child became unresponsive, and the pair drove her to the hospital on New Year's Day in 2012.

Two days later, she was declared brain dead and removed from life support.

A two-year investigation determined her death was a homicide as a result of acute fluid/water intoxication, the Hawkins County Sheriff's Office said in a statement this week.

Randall Lee Vaughn, 41, and and his wife, Mary Lavonne Vaughn, 58, have each been charged with first degree murder, two counts of aggravated child neglect and aggravated child abuse.

The Surgoinsville residents are being held on a $500,000 bond. They did not enter a plea in their first appearance before a judge Friday, CNN affiliate WREG reported.

Information on their attorneys was not immediately available.

Their trial is scheduled to start in October.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/08/justic...html?hpt=hp_t2
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Some parents amaze me with their styles of "parenting".

Poor kiddo. Rip.

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar
    jesus. that poor kid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    wtf? What are they expecting from that punishment?! Not that it means anything but there is quite the age difference between dad and stepmom
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

http://ktla.com/2014/02/07/girl-dies...as-punishment/

Alexa

The Vaughns disciplined Alexa by forcing her to drink about 2.4 liters of fluid, including several 12-ounce cans of grape soda, in a span of one to two hours, according to an autopsy report prepared by the Quillen College of Medicine at East Tennessee State University. She was bruised throughout her body and had cuts on her face, the report states.

DOCUMENT: Read the autopsy report http://documents.latimes.com/autopsy...alexa-linboom/

The couple told investigators that Alexa had urinated in her pants and vomited several times before they brought her to the hospital about three hours later. They had tried to feed her oatmeal to calm her stomach, but she passed out while eating. In the car, she did come to and played patty cake, the couple said. Others who knew Alexa told investigators she was a "normal" and "healthy" child.

The report also notes Alexa had moved to Tennessee about three months before her death because of allegations of neglect at her previous, unspecified home.

Both of the Vaughns were charged with first-degree murder, aggravated child abuse and two counts of aggravated child neglect.

An obituary in The Rogersville Review said Alexa Rae Linboom was a tomboy who enjoyed coloring, playing with her Barbie dolls, animals and being with her two brothers and three sisters. The Tennessee Department of Children?s Services told the Associated Press that the five remaining siblings were taken into state custody in February 2013.

The couple, who are being held on $500,000 bail, were given an Oct. 20 trial date by a judge and are due back in court for a pretrial hearing in April.

A spokeswoman for the Hawkins County district attorney?s office said prosecutors have not decided what sentence they would seek, with options including life in prison, life in prison without the possibility of parole and the death penalty

Last edited by blighted star; 02-09-2014 at 05:06 PM.

Well they just look like a whole bunch of friendly, don't they?
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

RIP Alexa. I'm sorry your parents were too stupid to know their hateful punishment was killing you.

Poor Alexa. Such a shame she had to live with an EVIL, VILE & WICKED stepmum. Fat-pumpkin face maggot was probably jealous, and full of venomous hate.
    Her sperm donar is just as bad.

Waterboard these two shits with grape soda and sodium hydroxide chaser.

Godspeed, Alexa

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

Geez.. doesn't really seem like the sort of thing that would call for "punishment" of any sort, to me. I mean, if someone is particularly anti-drink sharing, seems like a simple, "don't drink other people's drinks" reminder would suffice.. I hate to imagine the sort of punishments this child was subjected to for any REAL misbehavior. :-(

RIP, Alexa..

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Seems like everyone is forgetting about that little piggy drinking all the soda in the first place!!
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Seems like everyone is forgetting about that little piggy drinking all the soda in the first place!!

Yea, stepmom should have been sharing and not hogging it to herself.

Seriously though, Alexa had been there for only 3 months and had signs of other abuse. This was probably the inevitable outcome anyhow. Moved from one house of neglect to another of abuse. How was this girl supposed to win? Wish I had millions and billions to take care of all the unwanted...kids, elderly, animals.....

Grape soda is the sugariest, fizziest drink. I cannot imagine how that poor girl was even able to keep that much fluid down. That had to be one painful experience.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    My daughter (who is also 5) is constantly grabbing my frapp and running off with it and it makes me so mad because she ends up drinking half of it, but I would never ever think to "punish" her by forcing her to drink ALL THE COFFEE IN THE WORLD. Fuck these people. A child dead over grape soda. Ugh.
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

Between the ocean and shitty farm fields, California
    White people drink grape soda?

I kid I kid.

seriously though what a horrific way to die.
    Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post
    I want that fucking meat.

i like grape soda. also strawberry.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

I love grape, and orange. Those are my favs. I try not to drink any soda that isn't diet-whatever, and I have yet to see a diet-grape soda. I've seen a diet-orange, from Sunkist I believe.

Now I want a grape soda, dammit.

Wait, that kind of sounds bad because of this poor girl dying from it. I didn't have the craving for it until Ani posted she liked it...made me think how I like it too....and miss it...

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

White people drink grape soda. Black people drink Grape Drink..aka purple stuff

I'm also kidding!!

Couple sentenced in grape soda death of 5-year-old

TENNESSEE ? A man and woman have both been sentenced to 35 years in prison after the death of a 5-year-old girl forced to drink large amounts of grape soda.

According to The Tennessean, Randall Lee Vaughn, 41, and Mary Lavonne Vaughn, 58, were both sentenced Monday. Randall was the father of the little girl, Alexa Linboom, and Mary was her step-mother.

Alexa was forced to guzzle 2.5 liters of soda and water over a one to two-hour period after she took ?one or two grape drinks? that belonged to her stepmother, District Attorney Berkley Bell previously told CNN affiliate WJHL.

The child became unresponsive, and the pair drove her to the hospital on New Year?s Day in 2012. Two days later, she was declared brain-dead and removed from life support. A two-year investigation determined her death was a homicide as a result of acute fluid/water intoxication.

http://fox8.com/2014/12/10/couple-se...of-5-year-old/

Quote Originally Posted by sogs View Post
    Nothing matters but the lesbian.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Enjoy prison, assholes!! Hope it was worth it! You stupid inhuman pieces of shit. It's one thing to be a total dumbass, it's totally another to do what you two did. People like you fucking make me want to beat the shit out of something. Fuck you both, I hope you die in prison. Soon. Your reaction to something so minor...so fucking stupid...is truly disgusting and shows more than your level of ignorance, it shows the type of people you truly are: fucking assholes.

Poor Alexa, she deserved better than these two...and from the sounds of it...she deserved better than most, if not all, of the people in her life.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Well, they won't have to worry about any grape soda where they're going. Or "grape drink", as the first article called it. (Pronounced, of course, "grape drank", as it should be.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    SMH. White people! Always trying to help and shit.

Thread Information