Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dora Betancourt (11) was stabbed nearly 40 times by her older sister

Dora Betancourt (11) was stabbed nearly 40 times by her older sister

A 14-year-old girl has been charged with first-degree murder over the death of her younger sister who was stabbed more than 30 times after a sibling fight turned violent.

Dora Betancourt, 11, was allegedly stabbed nearly 40 times by her older sister over the child's supposed ingratitude, according to the Chicago Tribune.

Police say Dora's older sister, who remains unnamed, called for an ambulance and claimed a Hispanic man had broken into their Chicago home before stabbing the 11-year-old in the neck, chest and arms.

After a strand of the older sister's hair was found on Dora's lifeless body, police say the older sister confessed to the frenzied attack in which she shouted a reason for the attack each time she stabbed her younger sister with a kitchen knife.

"The young girl's body had so many wounds they couldn't count them all ... [and] were so deep they punctured her lung," the Lake County Medical Examiner's Office told CBS Chicago.

Coroner Dr. Thomas Rudd said there were indications that the younger girl fought for her life, including defensive wounds on her left hand that indicated she "probably grabbed the knife" and a defensive wound on her right thumb.

During a court hearing, prosecutors said the suspect told authorities the 11-year-old didn't appreciate all she had done for her, including making dinner and doing the younger girl's chores.

No adult was home at the time of the slaying. The discovery of the body Tuesday morning prompted a brief lockdown at nearby schools.

"We are very confident this is an isolated incident and there are no other concerns to the neighbours and or the community around it," Mundelein police Chief Eric Guenther said.

The victim and the suspect attended St. John's Lutheran School in Libertyville.

"We are deeply saddened by the loss of one of our children," school spokesman Steven C. Fuoco told the Daily Herald in Arlington Heights. "We recognize this is a very difficult time for the family, friends and classmates. We have made arrangements for spiritual and professional assistance for our school family."

http://au.news.yahoo.com/world/a/209...ng-ungrateful/

holy shit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    This kinda shit scares the hell outta me
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

Quote Originally Posted by luvit View Post
    "The young girl's body had so many wounds they couldn't count them all ... [and] were so deep they punctured her lung," the Lake County Medical Examiner's Office told CBS Chicago.
    That's a lot of rage. How terrifying for the slain sister, especially considering she had defensive wounds.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Talk about a bitch with issues. My older one sometimes advances on the younger one. He knows better not to touch him, though, as I've had to make sure he understood that they are not allowed to touch each other like that, and put the fear of god into his teenage ass. Sounds like someone should have done that to this little bitch, too. Poor girl is dead, by her own fucking stupid bitch sister. There's no fucking excuse for that shit.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

I kind of hope they charge the older sister as an adult. She needs to be put away for a long time.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

gofundme.com/6ee85s

This is a fundraising page for the family

Mundelein Moms' find outpouring of support for slain girl, 11

Stunned by the brutal stabbing death of an 11-year-old girl ? allegedly at the hands of her 14-year-old sister ? a group calling itself Mundelein Moms raised more than $6,000 for the family of both girls as they prepared for the funeral next week.

The teen remained at a juvenile detention center Thursday while detectives continued their probe into attack on Dora Betancourt, found with 40 knife wounds in her Mundelein bedroom Tuesday.

?I think it?s wonderful, what our community is doing to reach out to the family,? Police Chief Eric Guenther said. ?... Not only have they lost a daughter, now they have one (who) is going to be answering to this tragedy.?

The 14-year-old, charged with first-degree murder, is not being named because is charged as a juvenile.

?We have developed a camaraderie of compassion as a result of this tragedy,? said Katie Henning, a mother of four who came up with the fundraising idea. The website is at: gofundme.com/6ee85s.

On Friday, residents plan to turn on their porch lights in support of the family, Henning said, adding that she hopes to expand fundraising beyond the funeral expenses.

Officials have said the teen told police she was angry because Dora had hit her the night before and did not appreciate her efforts to keep the household running. The girl said she had cooked dinner at least six times the previous week along with doing other chores, a prosecutor said during a court hearing Wednesday.

Authorities allege that, just before 8 a.m., the 14-year-old got a knife from the kitchen, went to Dora's bedroom and stabbed her, saying with each wound inflicted that the younger girl was ungrateful for her.

Dora had attended St. John Lutheran School in Libertyville and was a cheerleader for the Lake County Stallions.

The cheer group released a statement describing Dora as ?a lively, spirited child who loved to cheer and spend time with her teammates. She will be missed by her entire team.?

The Rev. Kevin Raddatz, pastor at St. John Lutheran Church, said in a statement that ?at this time of such horrendous hurt, we are comforted by the love and care so many are sharing. We thank our neighbors for their concern and for respecting the family's privacy at this time of hurt. This community is showing itself to be more than strangers but a family that cares.?

Visitation is planned for 2 to 8 p.m. Tuesday at Kristan Funeral Home, 219 W. Maple Ave., Mundelein, and for 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. Wednesday at St. John Lutheran Church, 501 W. Park Ave., Libertyville. A funeral service is to follow at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the church.

This is the sister:

https://www.facebook.com/aurora.knaufstrom?fref=ts

Her name was on the obituary as a surviving sister, so I'm assuming this is the one who stabbed her. She looks 14. She has pictures of them together

Obituary:

http://www.kristanfuneralhome.com/fh...88&fh_id=11076

Quote Originally Posted by becoming View Post
    This is the sister:

https://www.facebook.com/aurora.knaufstrom?fref=ts

Her name was on the obituary as a surviving sister, so I'm assuming this is the one who stabbed her. She looks 14. She has pictures of them together

Obituary:

http://www.kristanfuneralhome.com/fh...88&fh_id=11076
    I'm always interested in a family killing to see if the murderer is included in the obit.

Why was a 14 year old cooking dinner every night?
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why was a 14 year old cooking dinner every night?
    That's what I'm thinking. Latchkey kids? Not making excuses but maybe the 14 year old was overwhelmed and snapped?
    Getting arrested for coke in Vegas is like being found eating a chocolate bar in the willy wonka factory.

The older sister waited until her sister was asleep to murder her.

The girls' mother wept during a Wednesday court hearing where prosecutors claimed that the older girl had set her alarm early and made her attack while her little sister was still in bed.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2rJb4jg6z
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Something is very wrong with that girl. It's not like they were fighting, and she picked up a knife in a "heat of the moment" rage.
    She had so much hate for her sister that she planned to attack her. Not only that, but she was also able to sleep until the alarm went off. Usually anger and rage go away when you've had a chance to sleep it off.....or even just remove yourself from the situation for awhile. Not this girl.

Both of my girls cooked, cleaned, and did other chores. I always felt like I would be selling my girls short if I didn't, as a mother, teach them how to do those things. I don't think it's fair to make a kid run the whole house, but on the flip side.....so many parents have to work.

ETA: One thing I just noticed. The girl set an alarm to wake up early. After she killed her sister- she called her mom at work. Does that mean the mom works all night?

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    The older sister waited until her sister was asleep to murder her.

Something is very wrong with that girl. It's not like they were fighting, and she picked up a knife in a "heat of the moment" rage.
    She had so much hate for her sister that she planned to attack her. Not only that, but she was also able to sleep until the alarm went off. Usually anger and rage go away when you've had a chance to sleep it off.....or even just remove yourself from the situation for awhile. Not this girl.

Both of my girls cooked, cleaned, and did other chores. I always felt like I would be selling my girls short if I didn't, as a mother, teach them how to do those things. I don't think it's fair to make a kid run the whole house, but on the flip side.....so many parents have to work.
    I agree. I mean even if she had done it in a moment of passion she would have felt regret and likely NOT made up some bullshit story about a hispanic guy. I think she must be a true nut job. Schizophrenic maybe, or perhaps just a regular old sociopath like ted Bundy. Either way this girl is obviously a danger to those around her so I hope she gets locked the fuck up for a long while.

Bumping this up for Queena

An article from Sept 24
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburb...924-story.html

ew psychological evaluation has been completed for the Mundelein girl accused of stabbing her younger sister to death, and authorities will review it before deciding if they will try the teenager as an adult.

The 14-year-old murder suspect, who was wearing scrubs from a juvenile detention center with her hair in a side ponytail, sat expressionless during a hearing this morning as her attorneys provided the 20-page report to Lake County prosecutors.
    The girl has been held in the detention center since her sister, 11-year-old Dora Betancourt, was killed Jan. 21 in their Mundelein home.

"The state needs meaningful time to review the report ? obviously, it is the defense's goal that they not proceed with the transfer (to adult court)," said one of the girl's attorneys, Michael Conway.

"We believe (the case) should remain in juvenile court," Conway said after the hearing.

The girls' mother and Dora's father attended the hearing, and several other supporters of the family remained outside the courtroom while the hearing took place.

Prosecutors are expected to take several weeks to review the psychological report and could decide at the girl's next hearing Nov. 3 if they will seek to move the case to adult court. The Tribune is not naming the girl because she has been charged as a juvenile.

Authorities alleged the 14-year-old, upset at her sister's apparent lack of appreciation for her work around the house, stabbed her sister dozens of times while their mother was at work, then called her mother and claimed it was the work of an intruder.

The older sister's arrest stunned the community and friends of the family who said the girls were close. The girl's Facebook page displayed several photos of the sisters smiling together.
    Last edited by bermstalker; 10-09-2014 at 04:10 AM.

i don't get why there are ever questions about trying someone as a child or not. if the kid is a child, try him as one. if she is a grown ass woman, try her as an adult.

presumably there is a reason for setting up the whole adult/child thing, and i'm assuming that the courts recognize that the brain isn't completely developed (actually, usually until much older than 18) as a teen.

i mean, make a cutoff point and stick with it. using the whole, whether to try a kid as an adult thing as a suggestion is way too subjective and can lead to biases and discrimination.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    i don't get why there are ever questions about trying someone as a child or not. if the kid is a child, try him as one. if she is a grown ass woman, try her as an adult.

presumably there is a reason for setting up the whole adult/child thing, and i'm assuming that the courts recognize that the brain isn't completely developed (actually, usually until much older than 18) as a teen.

i mean, make a cutoff point and stick with it. using the whole, whether to try a kid as an adult thing as a suggestion is way too subjective and can lead to biases and discrimination.
    I agree.

Thanks Berm!

Illinois teen sentenced to 6 years for killing little sister because she felt unappreciated

The Illinois teenager who admitted to stabbing her little half-sister to death because she felt unappreciated will stay in a juvenile facility until her 21st birthday.

A parole board could release the 15-year-old ? who pleaded guilty to murder in January ? a year early after she serves five of the six years, the Chicago Tribune reported.

The teen said she misses her 11-year-old half-sister, Dora Betancourt, during a juvenile court hearing Tuesday.

?I have had a lot of time to think and cry,? said the teen, whose name is being withheld because she was charged as a minor. ?I know that God forgives me.?

The confessed killer was 14 years old when she admitted to killing Dora in January 2014.

The teen woke up early, grabbed a knife from the kitchen and slashed her half-sister nearly 40 times inside Dora?s bedroom in their Mundelein home. Their mother, a single parent, was not at home during the attack.

The killer told police she slashed her sister because the 11-year-old did not appreciate the things she did for her, like make her dinner and help her with chores.

The teen?s lawyers said that she took on many of the household responsibilities and acted like a ?mini-mom? to her sister while the girls? mother worked two jobs to pay for their private school tuition.

The teen originally told police a Hispanic man broke into the family home and stabbed the girl, but she later confessed when cops told her they had hair strands that connected her to the killing.

?My mind was in another place and the devil was in me, and that is why my sister ? is dead,? she wrote in a confession to police.

She was charged with first-degree murder.

Prosecutors and defense lawyers agreed to the six-year juvenile facility deal Tuesday. She?ll receive mental health care and should pose no threat after proper treatment, experts said.

?I am also grateful because of the second chance I am getting,? the teen said in court, according to the Chicago Tribune. ?I'll get out at 21 and start my life over. Not everyone gets that chance.?

The teen said she plans on finishing high school while she?s in the juvenile facility. She?s planning a career in nursing.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.2136814

Nursing?? Oh man! That isn't going to end well.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Bull fucking shit. 6 years?! ! DuPage county has given more time for petty theft. RIP Dora

She tried to blame a hispanic guy, and when she admitted to it she said the devil was in her. Ahhhhh typical.

In any case, as tragic as it was, she was 14 and therefore I'm really glad she wasn't tried as an adult. She's not an adult. And her home situation sounds a little sorted. Plus, I remember being 14 and having really weird rage that I think was spurred by hormones. I once punched out our huge living room picture window because some kids were stomping my baby brothers snow man, on a whim without even thinking. Not saying that's comparable to murder, but I'm just saying I'm glad she wasn't seen as an adult, and I think giving her a second chance after a 6yr time-out is better for the community and her having a potential future than having her rot in jail to become crazy forever and ever.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

The good news is mom won't have to work two jobs to pay that private school tuition. I'm going to hell for thinking that.

It's always Some Puerto Rican Guy.
    http://www.hulu.com/watch/266073

Thread Information