Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Amanda AKA TrappedAtMyDesk

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

rip amanda. 3 months. yikes.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

That is so scary. Does anyone know how old she was?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Well that brought on the tears. At least she took some time to do the things she wanted to do. How does the song go? Live like you were dying? Yeah. Good for her. Rest in peace, Amanda.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Imagine if this was fake.

"She had tried without luck to find members of Amanda’s family and let them know about the video but did not find anyone who knew Amanda personally, she said. (The Citizen wasn’t immediately able Wednesday afternoon to find people who knew the woman personally, either.)"

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/health/...105/story.html

Why can't she just DM the twitter account? Her brother posted on there so he obviously has access. If any of them exist. I call shenanigans.
    Last edited by Olivia; 01-19-2014 at 12:09 AM.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    I don't know if it's fake or not, but the last paragraph of the article sums up people's fascination with MDS in a nutshell:

“It used to be that you would just find batches of letters in somebody’s attic, and you would read their history that way,” McKarney said.

“Now we leave these digital traces behind us everywhere we go — tweets and Facebook posts and blog posts — and it really stayed with me that some day that may be the only way that people can get to know you and the person that you were.”
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

I don't know if it's fake or not, but I cried. I can't imagine what I would do or how I would feel if I found out I had 3 mths to live.

So is this whole story legit?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    So is this whole story legit?
    Well that's the question isn't it? Once upon a time the regulars here would have solved this by now...
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Well that's the question isn't it? Once upon a time the regulars here would have solved this by now...
    Im with Liv...I call shenanigans.
    Brother goes on her TWITTER account to announce her death the day after? Unless this chick was some weird internet sensation before she passed, that is very fishy.
    You're entitled to your own opinions. You're not entitled to your own facts.- D. Moynihan
    Quote Originally Posted by aquatwins View Post
    I WILL STICK MY DICK IN YOUR HEAD

Quote Originally Posted by Monter View Post
    Brother goes on her TWITTER account to announce her death the day after? Unless this chick was some weird internet sensation before she passed, that is very fishy.
    Yeah, it struck me as a little strange. But kids today, you know. They do strange things. I suppose if she asked her brother to let her friends know? But there doesn't seem to be much interaction, but twitter is harder than fB or the late much lamented myspace.
    https://twitter.com/search?q=trapped...yah&f=realtime

For the sake of all that is good in this world I prefer to think that this was real, and it was a touching tribute to this young lady. Even if it was faked, it makes you stop for a moment and think about the things you hope never to have to think about. Death is real, and for some the thought of not being here scares the shit out of them. She might have told her brother or left behind instructions in the event that she passed, the young people of today are savvy that way, sometimes. And as a twitter user myself, I'm a lot like her...I don't get on and post much. I can go a year or more without tweeting, some people can't go five minutes. As to why they would make that shit up...that's a question for another time. She died of the same type of cancer that killed a good friend's daughter at the age of 16, two years ago. I'm certain that no one in good conscience would halfheartedly post a fake death post like that. But that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by kevansvault View Post
    For the sake of all that is good in this world I prefer to think that this was real, and it was a touching tribute to this young lady. Even if it was faked, it makes you stop for a moment and think about the things you hope never to have to think about. Death is real, and for some the thought of not being here scares the shit out of them. She might have told her brother or left behind instructions in the event that she passed, the young people of today are savvy that way, sometimes. And as a twitter user myself, I'm a lot like her...I don't get on and post much. I can go a year or more without tweeting, some people can't go five minutes. As to why they would make that shit up...that's a question . I'm certain that no one in good conscience would halfheartedly post a fake death post like that. But that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    Well not in good conscience. But fake cancer? You bet. Faking death? ummm well it does limit your options. Usually lunch cancer victims linger and suffer more than Amanda seems to have.

I find it too odd that she died in the 3 months. Usually the prognosis is off by a few months give or take.
    I can't find her twitter profile picture anywhere.
    But I also can't find any obituaries of an Amanda throughout the whole country of Canada and United States for April 14th, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Well not in good conscience. But fake cancer? You bet. Faking death? ummm well it does limit your options. Usually lunch cancer victims linger and suffer more than Amanda seems to have.
    Like I said, no one who had half a good heart would do some shit like that. And yeah, we've seen those human fails who fake cancer and turn all attention whore about it.

She had cancer of the brain. It's fast growing, and it is usually not detected until it is almost too late.

i'm no good at seeing fakers, but now that it's pointed out, yep. i'm on board.

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    i'm no good at seeing fakers, but now that it's pointed out, yep. i'm on board.
    I hate to think badly of anyone... and there are things here that look legit. Other things make me go :???:

on one hand, who would have an active twitter for four years and then die ('kill' herself off)... on the other hand, the twitter only has a few posts over those 4 years.

gorilletteUcarebearbrite91L

I would be inclined to agree in most cases. I know this isn't worth much, but I am in her city and was quite active in the local Twitter meetup bullshit for a couple of years. We have a bunch of followers in common. I never met Amanda directly but people I knew and hung out with had and spoke about her passing IRL. So that lends the story a little cred to me, but hell, people have pulled elaborate hoaxes.

Since I do believe it is true, it is awful and tragic and I wish her family all the peace they can find. Tuesday 11:56pm

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Huh? Pick up her cell phone and type out that she passed. Not that out there.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    gorilletteUcarebearbrite91L

I would be inclined to agree in most cases. I know this isn't worth much, but I am in her city and was quite active in the local Twitter meetup bullshit for a couple of years. We have a bunch of followers in common. I never met Amanda directly but people I knew and hung out with had and spoke about her passing IRL. So that lends the story a little cred to me, but hell, people have pulled elaborate hoaxes.

Since I do believe it is true, it is awful and tragic and I wish her family all the peace they can find. Tuesday 11:56pm
    It is certainly awful and tragic when a young person, or any person, fall victim fing cancer. I'm torn between hoping this is a fake and hoping it's not. But in any case, I'm intrigued by Amanda and would like to know more about her. I've wondered what I would do if I got a dx like hers. Would I go on a wonderful journey (as she says she did) or would I just continue on as I always have, trying to pretend everything is OK? Or something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Huh? Pick up her cell phone and type out that she passed. Not that out there.
    Not many people I know whether they are close with their siblings or not would think to go on an infrequently used social media account that was not theirs the day after their sibling died to announce it to the twitterverse. Not impossible, just a possible red flag, to me.
    You're entitled to your own opinions. You're not entitled to your own facts.- D. Moynihan
    Quote Originally Posted by aquatwins View Post
    I WILL STICK MY DICK IN YOUR HEAD

Not many people I know whether they are close with their siblings or not would think to go on an infrequently used social media account that was not theirs the day after their sibling died to announce it to the twitterverse. Not impossible, just a possible red flag, to me.
    Yeah. If she'd been a frequent tweeter, one of those people who didn't let a day go by... or if this were her way of keeping people up to date ala "caring bridge" or something? Sure. It makes sense to have a family member update your social media, make sure you fB is open so people can leave condolences. Or even to let people know about services or memorial donations to her charities. But that's not what this was. So a bit hinkey.

Thread Information