Thread: Saverio Bellante, 34, murders landlord and cuts out his heart and lung after dispute over chess game

Saverio Bellante, 34, murders landlord and cuts out his heart and lung after dispute over chess game

Saverio Bellante
    DUBLIN - An Italian man allegedly cut open his Dublin landlord's chest following a fight over a chess match.

Saverio Bellante, 34, was charged Monday with murder. Officials say he admitted his guilt after being arrested Sunday at the home he shared with Tom O'Gorman, a policy researcher for a conservative Catholic think tank in Ireland.

Pathologists said the 39-year-old victim suffered dozens of severe knife wounds to his head and chest, which had been cut fully open. Ireland's senior pathologist determined that the heart remained, but a lung was missing. Police offered no explanation for what happened to the lung.

Evidence suggested that O'Gorman's prone head and body also were bludgeoned with a dumbbell.

Bellante called police to report the killing. He claimed to officers that he had cut open O'Gorman's chest and tried to eat his heart after a dispute over a move in a chess match the two had been playing.

He offered no plea at his arraignment Monday in a Dublin court. When Judge David McHugh asked him why he had no lawyers, Bellante said he wanted to represent himself and would decline state-funded legal aid. A policeman, Det. Patrick Traynor, testified that, when charged with murder in police custody earlier Monday, Bellante replied: "I am guilty."

McHugh ordered Bellante to be held without bail in Dublin's Cloverhill Prison and to receive a psychiatric evaluation pending his next court appearance Friday.

Bellante, a native of Palermo on the Italian island of Sicily, had worked in Dublin for the past two years at a pharmaceutical company.

O'Gorman lived with his mother in the prosperous west Dublin suburb of Castleknock. After she died in 2012, he rented a room to Bellante, who had lived there only a few months.

O'Gorman wrote frequent papers and blog posts for the Iona Institute, which lobbies against same-sex marriage and abortion rights in Ireland, a predominantly Catholic nation.

Iona Institute director David Quinn said O'Gorman loved history, the subject he studied at bachelor's and master's level at University College Dublin, but was most passionate about the fortunes of Ireland's rugby team and the Liverpool soccer club. "He had lots of opinions and liked a good argument," Quinn wrote in a tribute published Monday, "but he was good fun."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/worl...#ixzz2qLsZrwPQ

Tom O'Gorman

A lung is missing?!? did he eat it?

another European cannibal??
    Last edited by *crickets*; 01-13-2014 at 09:59 PM.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Damn, crazy. Well, I guess we know who lost.

I have had to totally control myself after a loss..

Saverio's FB:
    https://www.facebook.com/saveriobellante

he's a customer service rep for Allergan Pharmaceuticals.

He shared this video on his FB page on Jan. 11:

Saverio Bellante shared AJ Venter's video.
    January 11
    This has just given me such a big smile on my face ..........

(it is a cute video. that little kid rocks!)

but I mean--the same day he shares that video with that comment on FB, he murders his landlord and cuts his heart & lung out?? then calmly calls the cops and admits it?
    Last edited by *crickets*; 01-14-2014 at 10:17 PM.

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    This is why I don't play chess.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post
    This is why I don't play chess.
    IKR?! You know never know when you're going to crown someone's rook, and then they checkmate you in real life.

I haven't played chess in years, the terms in the above post may be used incorrectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Queena View Post
    IKR?! You know never know when you're going to crown someone's rook, and then they checkmate you in real life.

I haven't played chess in years, the terms in the above post may be used incorrectly.
    I'm just too stupid for that game.

Sore loser from hell...Asswipe

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

Ahhhh. By "conservative think tank " they mean Ireland's pro-life movement. Is this the first pro-lifer to be eaten?

His kind are really outdoing themselves with the demon theories in the comments here -

http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/ire...life-activist/

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post
    I'm just too stupid for that game.
    Right? Way too many rules. This goes left? This goes like an L only? Suck this, pass the checkers.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Right? Way too many rules. This goes left? This goes like an L only? Suck this, pass the checkers.
    Seriously! My kid plays checkers and is getting pretty good and he wants me to teach him to play chess. Hell to the no. Your mommy is too dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    Ahhhh. By "conservative think tank " they mean Ireland's pro-life movement. Is this the first pro-lifer to be eaten?

His kind are really outdoing themselves with the demon theories in the comments here -

http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/ire...life-activist/
    He was a pro-lifer, Irish Catholic. It's still barbaric (or demonic to some) to kill him and try to eat his heart.
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-n...2#.UuFWj3ko6qU
    It is understood Tom O'Gorman was a former journalist with The Voice Today, a Roman Catholic newspaper.

A graduate of University College Dublin, he was more recently a researcher with the Dublin-based Catholic lobby group the Iona Institute.
    His funeral is tomorrow.
    http://www.independent.ie/irish-news...-29943654.html

Thread Information