Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Thread: Chad Oulson (43) was shot dead in a movie theater by a man who asked him to stop using his phone during the previews

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Fucking great news. But now we have to get through the trial with a guilty verdict. I am still not holding out a ton of hope.

I think this guy was bored after retiring from LE, and was hopped up because he was seeing his Republican sniper movie, and just wanted to shoot someone. And yes, his wife is also a piece of shit.
    Yep and yep, with an added age related cognitive and impulse control related decline. We should take guns away like we do keys.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    If this was his impulse control and anger issues after retiring, I can't imagine what he was like as a cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    If this was his impulse control and anger issues after retiring, I can't imagine what he was like as a cop.
    That's the thing that makes me so mad at this guy. If he was a regular Joe with a conceal and carry, it would be different. In his training he would have been taught how to deescalate the situation and how you don't fire shots into a crowded theater. I'm thinking this guy wasn't a stellar cop.

Also fuck him for lying about the guy hitting him, for throwing his phone at him.

Every theater I've gone to does not allow guns.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I think you misunderstand me. As people age, they sometimes lose some ability to control their thoughts and behaviors. It's why occasionally older people may say things that seem really offensive. The inner censor misfires or can't quite assess why something isn't appropriate and it just happens.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0921100332.htm

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I think you misunderstand me. As people age, they sometimes lose some ability to control their thoughts and behaviors. It's why occasionally older people may say things that seem really offensive. The inner censor misfires or can't quite assess why something isn't appropriate and it just happens.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0921100332.htm
    Yeah I am sure this guy was always a shitty asshole but to act so crazy and have such poor impulse control shrieks dementia to me.

Yeah I am sure this guy was always a shitty asshole but to act so crazy and have such poor impulse control shrieks dementia to me.
    Thanks for the summary. I'm guilty of over explaining sometimes.

http://www.fox13news.com/news/local-...ground-defense

Defendant Curtis Reeves may be one step closer to freedom explains Fox 13 Legal analyst Anthony Rickman.

In a big win by his defense team, the appeals court has found merit in his stand your ground case.

"What the defense did so well in this case is create such a good record for the appellate court to rule on. What they are asking for the appellate court to do is review all the evidence as they were the ones hearing this case," explained Rickman.

Reeves is appealing Pasco judge Susan Barthle's ruling in March.
    http://www.tampabay.com/news/courts/...wed-_165038900

Seven months after lawmakers revised the state?s controversial "stand your ground" law, the criminal justice system has been left in disarray as judges hand down conflicting rulings trying to answer one question:

Can the new statute be applied to cases that had not yet gone to trial before it became law in June?

That legal quandary has stalled cases across Florida as prosecutors, defense attorneys, and judges wait for clarity from the appellate courts. Meanwhile lawyers keep filing appeals, including for at least four defendants in Tampa Bay.

"Now we?re in a position where we have to figure out how to wade through this confusion and gridlock," said Hillsborough State Attorney Andrew Warren. "It?s a waste of taxpayer money and it disrupts our system when we don?t have consistency."

The fate of those defendants ? many of whom are accused of taking a life ? could ultimately be decided by the state?s highest court.

"Some judges are saying yes and some judges are saying no," said Pinellas-Pasco Public Defender Bob Dillinger. "It?s obviously something that really needs to be resolved by the Florida Supreme Court."

? ? ?

Under the state?s "stand your ground" law, citizens are justified in using deadly force without the need to retreat if they believe they or others face "imminent death or great bodily harm."

Floridians have always had the right to defend themselves. But in 2005 the Legislature took that a step further, removing the gun owner?s duty to try to escape danger before deciding to defend themselves.

Critics have complained that the law created a "shoot first" mentality.

Since 2005, it has been up to the defense to show their client was immune from prosecution under "stand your ground."

That changed last year when state Sen. Rob Bradley, R-Fleming Island, filed SB 128. It was the second straight year he had filed a bill that proposed shifting the burden of proof from defense lawyers to prosecutors.
    Whatever the appellate courts decide could also affect the case against Curtis Reeves, the retired Tampa police captain charged with fatally shooting a man inside a Wesley Chapel movie theater in 2014.

In March, before the new "stand your ground" law was enacted, Reeves? lawyers argued in a two-week hearing that their client acted in self-defense. The judge denied his claim.

Now his lawyers are appealing that decision.

If a higher court doesn?t rule in their favor, said defense attorney Richard Escobar, "I believe it?s clear that Mr. Reeves is entitled to a new ?stand your ground? hearing because of the change in the law."

Omg I remember this thread. Insane how long these things take to go to trial!

Quote Originally Posted by BradfordCocks View Post
    Omg I remember this thread. Insane how long these things take to go to trial!
    Defense is really dragging their feet. I suspect they are hoping the old guy dies before he can be convicted. He must be nearly 80 by now...
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

https://www.wfla.com/news/pasco-coun...-trial-begins/

Curtis Reeves murder trial begins 8 years after movie theatre shooting
    Wow, I had no idea it has been drawn out for this long.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

FFS. I don't care how much fancy footwork someone can delay legally, this is ridiculous. If anything, make them sit in jail while they pull this stalling shit. That'll deter people from abusing the system to avoid paying for their actions. Now I hate this guy even more.

FFS. I don't care how much fancy footwork someone can delay legally, this is ridiculous. If anything, make them sit in jail while they pull this stalling shit. That'll deter people from abusing the system to avoid paying for their actions. Now I hate this guy even more.
    Yes, I'll vote for that! This is ridiculous, this guy has been living his life for the past 8 years. Insane.

I think they were hoping that he would just die and it never go to trial. It's a bunch of bullshit.
    Absolutely.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    Yes, I'll vote for that! This is ridiculous, this guy has been living his life for the past 8 years. Insane.

Absolutely.
    I hear an echo...

But yes. If the defense requests a delay, bail is revoked. That might help them focus a bit.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    I hear an echo...

But yes. If the defense requests a delay, bail is revoked. That might help them focus a bit.
    I like the idea, but sadly, I don't think it would pass constitutional muster; i.e., you can't be punished for exercising your constitutional rights. Sucks, but it protects the innocent as well as the guilty. I still don't have to like it.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.

I like the idea, but sadly, I don't think it would pass constitutional muster; i.e., you can't be punished for exercising your constitutional rights. Sucks, but it protects the innocent as well as the guilty. I still don't have to like it.
    Yeah. I don't actually think justice can be rushed, although it's tempting. It's just amazing to me that Abe Lincoln was assassinated on April 14 and 4 of the people accused of being involved were hanged on July 7. Of course, that was a railroad job.

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Yeah. I don't actually think justice can be rushed, although it's tempting. It's just amazing to me that Abe Lincoln was assassinated on April 14 and 4 of the people accused of being involved were hanged on July 7. Of course, that was a railroad job.
    I have read many an old newspaper and yeah, I think there were a LOT of railroad jobs back in the day. Law enforcement was proud of "beating confessions" out of suspects and bragged about it to reporters - the infamous "third degree." There's no doubt in my mind we executed many innocent people, including children.

I have read many an old newspaper and yeah, I think there were a LOT of railroad jobs back in the day. Law enforcement was proud of "beating confessions" out of suspects and bragged about it to reporters - the infamous "third degree." There's no doubt in my mind we executed many innocent people, including children.
    Yeah and you didn't have forensics, so it was all about eyewitnesses and "confessions"

I get it, but when people are blatantly using the system to stay out of jail we should have a system in place to prevent abusing the system. Maybe, you get three delays and after that you have to be in jail until the court case.

You have the right to a speedy trial. Not to abusing the system to avoid being held. The key word there is "Speedy".

I get it, but when people are blatantly using the system to stay out of jail we should have a system in place to prevent abusing the system. Maybe, you get three delays and after that you have to be in jail until the court case.

You have the right to a speedy trial. Not to abusing the system to avoid being held. The key word there is "Speedy".
    But the right to a speedy trial is a requirement of the Government for the benefit of the Defendant; so what happens when this guy willingly gives up his right to a speedy trial?

We recently had a case on here (can't think of it) where the Defendant requested a[nother] delay, and the judge made a point for the court record, that the Government was ready to proceed but the Defendant was not, so the Defendant couldn't try to claim he was denied a "speedy trial" at a later date. He made the attorney/Defendant say they understood that.

I can't believe that he's avoid trial all these years. I think that he was hoping to die before facing trial.

Quote Originally Posted by Queenatoo View Post
    I can't believe that he's avoid trial all these years. I think that he was hoping to die before facing trial.
    At this point I think its possible.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

You've got to be fucking KIDDING me.

I hope he dies a slow and painful death.

Read about this verdict this morning. Fucking crazy. Floridaaaaaaaaa where you can get shot for just being an annoying dick face.

There are A LOT of people I know that need to move there. Fingers crossed.

Thread Information