Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Chad Oulson (43) was shot dead in a movie theater by a man who asked him to stop using his phone during the previews

Chad Oulson (43) was shot dead in a movie theater by a man who asked him to stop using his phone during the previews

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2014...g_the_previews

Oh, Florida!!!

The shooting suspect, identified as retired Tampa police officer Curtis Reeves, 71, became annoyed when a couple sitting in front of him were texting during the movie's previews, according to the Pasco County Sheriff's office.

Police said that Reeves asked Chad and Nichole Oulson several times to stop, and then Reeves left the theater. When Reeves returned, Chad Oulson asked Reeves if he reported his phone use to the theater managers, police said. That prompted an argument which ended when Reeves pulled out a gun and shot Oulson in the chest, police said.

Hey, previews are pretty important.

This story makes me so fucking mad. Totally worth killing someone over. Now that little girl has to grow up without her father because of some trigger happy nut job.

Oh, he was a retired police officer? IN BEFORE RON.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    Oh, he was a retired police officer? IN BEFORE RON.
    Yeah I'm sure he'll be here soon enough!

And seriously? First off, while it's a dick move to use your phone during movies, if it's just the previews then shit, motherfucker...calm the fuck down!.

I don't find it a problem during previews, but once the movie starts and you're distracting me? Yeah, no. Sounds like both the victim and his wife were douchenozzles. I want to hear more about what happened, but that's my take. Doesn't mean they deserve what happened to them, but there's a reason you don't text/use your phone in the theater. It's fucking rude! Not "I'm going to shoot you dead" rude, but rude nonetheless.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Now go fuck yourself.

An argument over texting in a Florida movie theater that escalated to involve popcorn being thrown ended with a retired Tampa SWAT police captain opening fire on a man sitting in front of him - fatally shooting him and wounding the man's wife as she tried to save him.
    Curtis Reeves, 71, was charged with second-degree homicide of Chad Oulson, 43, after he was shot dead at around 1.30 pm in front of 25 horrified witnesses during a screening of the Mark Walhberg film, Lone Survivor.
    'Somebody throws popcorn. I'm not sure who threw the popcorn,' said Charles Cummings, who, as a birthday treat, was about to watch the movie at The Grove 16 Theater.
    'And then bang, he was shot.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2qMcfc0L6
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

All jokes aside, this is really fucked up.

Now featuring creatures. Creature Feature's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kevansvault View Post
    Yeah I'm sure he'll be here soon enough!

And seriously? First off, while it's a dick move to use your phone during movies, if it's just the previews then shit, motherfucker...calm the fuck down!.

I don't find it a problem during previews, but once the movie starts and you're distracting me? Yeah, no. Sounds like both the victim and his wife were douchenozzles. I want to hear more about what happened, but that's my take. Doesn't mean they deserve what happened to them, but there's a reason you don't text/use your phone in the theater. It's fucking rude! Not "I'm going to shoot you dead" rude, but rude nonetheless.
    This. For sure. While nobody should be shot over something so trivial, the victim acted like a jerk. It's not even the texting that is the worst part, it's continuing to text after a person near you has expressed his problems with it, blaming the guy for telling management, and then arguing with him over it. Curious to see what type of "argument" this was that caused someone to pull of a gun on him. Common courtesy goes a long way. Being self-centered and disrespectful doesnt. Unfortunately, this guy didn't seem to care and got into a stupid argument with a nutjob with a gun.

Feel bad for his kid and wife though.

There were only 25 people in the movie theater.

Why didn't the old man and his wife get up and MOVE?

Why can't people just respect others? I get so angry at people being loud and using their phone at the movies. One of the reasons me and my husband quit going unless it is something really really special. As ill as I get though..... hurting someone over it? Never. Get management or move. So sad. ... so many lives affected by noting more than a temper tantrum.

This is Chad's facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/chad.oulson?fref=ts

My heart breaks for his wife and little girl.

As if the pain that the former police officer caused couldn't get any worse:

A witness said the victim was texting his three-year-old daughter before he was shot dead.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2qNdeWC6V
    Last edited by nestlequikie; 01-14-2014 at 04:47 AM.
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    This is absolutely crazy! What makes people reach the point where they say fuck it, I'm killing this guy over something stupid? I don't get it. That's why I don't argue with people in public. Since Illinois has a conceal and carry law, I go out of my way to be nice. I never want to annoy some damn fool who doesn't mind spending 25 to life in prison for killing me!

I feel so sorry for his family. He should've just let it go, or maybe stood outside until he finished his texting....because it's obvious he didn't care about the previews.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    And if the perp's pic doesn't scream "God fearing Republican gun nut asshole" I don't know what does. Nothing wrong with going to church, it's the worship of guns and what they represent that angers me. This man obviously thinks that it's perfectly fine to solve any problem with a FIREARM. How fucked up do you have to be to think that? Who taught you that? Are you fucking retarded?

Someone stole my parking spot: Imma shoot 'em.

That woman cut in front of me in line: Imma shoot her.

Asshole texting during the previews: Let's see how he feels after a bullet.

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Now go fuck yourself.

This is enraging. I don't care if that guy was doing the fucking macarena on full fucking blast during the most important part of the movie, you don't take out a gun and shoot him?!?! Crazy ass old man. Hope he never sees the light of day again.

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    There were only 25 people in the movie theater.

Why didn't the old man and his wife get up and MOVE?
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

Quote Originally Posted by Creature Feature View Post
    This. For sure. While nobody should be shot over something so trivial, the victim acted like a jerk. It's not even the texting that is the worst part, it's continuing to text after a person near you has expressed his problems with it, blaming the guy for telling management, and then arguing with him over it. Curious to see what type of "argument" this was that caused someone to pull of a gun on him. Common courtesy goes a long way. Being self-centered and disrespectful doesnt. Unfortunately, this guy didn't seem to care and got into a stupid argument with a nutjob with a gun.

Feel bad for his kid and wife though.
    Oh whatever. I'm that person who hates people who use their phones in the movie theater, but this was during the previews. He was probably texting his daughter goodnight before the movie started and this asshole just had a bug in his ass. No amount of texting during a movie or arguing gives a guy a right/reason to use a gun.

He left the theater and came back, so he probably went to go get his gun. 1st degree murder.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

I think the fact that he left, walked to his car, retrieved the gun and walked back in shows premeditation..doesn't it??

Now the guy is setting himself up for a SYG "i was afraid for my life" defense...because popcorn was thrown.

According to the arrest report, Reeves claims that the victim struck him in the face with an unknown object and said that he was in fear of being attacked.

"Somebody throws popcorn. I'm not sure who threw the popcorn," said Charles Cummings, who, as a birthday treat, was about to watch the movie "Lone Survivor" at The Grove 16 Theater. "And then bang, he was shot."

Cummings and his son Alex -- who both had blood on their clothes as they walked out of the theater -- told a group of reporters Monday afternoon that the show was still in previews when the two couples started arguing.Cummings, who said he was a combat Marine in Vietnam, said Oulson fell onto him and his son. "Blood started coming out of his mouth," said Alex Cummings. "It was just a very bad scene."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/01/14...-cant-believe/
    the GD movie hadn't even started yet!!!
    Last edited by *crickets*; 01-14-2014 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by *crickets* View Post
    Now the guy is setting himself up for a SYG "i was afraid for my life" defense...because popcorn was thrown.

the GD movie hadn't even started!!!

Fuck this prick, and his "right" to tote a gun around town.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Movie popcorn is expensive. Seriously, that shit costs waaay too much for someone to just throw it around. Also, stupid old man.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    As if the pain that the former police officer caused couldn't get any worse:

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2qNdeWC6V
    Since when do 3 year olds text?

I'm sure he was texting the baby sitter to tell his daughter something, but that sentence makes it sound like him and his 3 year old daughter were texting back and forth.

This is really sad, and I feel awful for the victim and his family...especially his wife, for having to see that. She can never un-see her husband getting shot and dying right in front of her. I just couldn't imagine....ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Sounds like she'll forever have a scar on her hand too as a constant reminder for how she tried to stop the bullet.

Stupid fucking old man.

more guns for everyone. if someone else in the theater had a gun, they could have shot this guy before he shot the other one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post

Also, I just noticed my girlbox is full.

MORE GUNS, FLORIDA!!!

Thread Information