Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Erica Avery, 16 & Patricia Montes, 15 Brutally Beat Their Friend & Held Her Down During Rape (Recorded Attack On Cellphones)

Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post
    Yet another "this is not my little girl" parenting fail.
    I'm going to be honest and straight up admit that my kid, my little girl that I love so much, is making some awful freaking choices. 16 years old and have interacted with the cops 3 times as of now. Man, I try, I ride her, trying to keep her on the up and up but she shmoozed me. I will always think she has a good heart but her head is empty. I'm fighting it though. I thought I had been the last 2 years but I obviously wasnt enough :( It sucks, I'm scared that my kid will not get past this ridiculousness and the way she is acting. I don't want her to end up like these girls. I'm not sitting back and watching though, I pulled her out of the HS and into a charter school, restriction here at home for 3 months, no internet access or phone, no friends, therapy, psychiatric evaluation (looking for depression and anxiety issues... and anything really), Planned Parenthood, and I'm starting therapy.

Sorry to go off on a tangent but damn. I'm scared my kid isn't going to grow out of this.
    We are each our own devil and we make this world our own hell...Oscar Wilde

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by noshame View Post
    I'm going to be honest and straight up admit that my kid, my little girl that I love so much, is making some awful freaking choices. 16 years old and have interacted with the cops 3 times as of now. Man, I try, I ride her, trying to keep her on the up and up but she shmoozed me. I will always think she has a good heart but her head is empty. I'm fighting it though. I thought I had been the last 2 years but I obviously wasnt enough :( It sucks, I'm scared that my kid will not get past this ridiculousness and the way she is acting. I don't want her to end up like these girls. I'm not sitting back and watching though, I pulled her out of the HS and into a charter school, restriction here at home for 3 months, no internet access or phone, no friends, therapy, psychiatric evaluation (looking for depression and anxiety issues... and anything really), Planned Parenthood, and I'm starting therapy.

Sorry to go off on a tangent but damn. I'm scared my kid isn't going to grow out of this.
    Is there a "scared straight" program in your area? Actually seeing the inside of a jail and interaction with inmates may help. And I hope the therapy includes you directly. Is there something in her past that is affecting her emotionally? I feel for you
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    As reported by Riptide, Montes and Avery were both active on Facebook. After the rape, Montes took to her Facebook and posted:

Your a hoe; Stop trynna act like a saint.

I looked at all their sites. None of these kids sound upstanding- judging by their facebook accounts and this crime. The one girl is only 15 (or 16), and she's been arrested for pot and theft. One is a highschool dropout. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that they all were- or at the very least, had shitty grades and poor attendance.
    The one parent needs to be slapped that keeps saying her daughter was a "good girl"- but I don't know why I am surprised. Her facebook is pretty much trash..like her daughters.

It wasn't like these kids had secret lives they hid from their parents. The facebooks are open. Pot, booze, and fucking.

This was copied from the very top article that was posted.

See! That pretty much explains everything. This bitch can't even pretend to give a shit.

The whole being a drop out doesn't make any sense to me. Sorry I'm focused on that, but here in Ohio your ass will go to jail if your kid is not in some kind of school until they are 18. If you miss over 10 days, you get called to the school board to explain why. (maybe this is just true in my county, but the school does NOT play around here)
    I'm going to play a little bit of devil's advocate. What do you do about it as a parent?

Quote Originally Posted by noshame View Post

Going down this tangent and not completely addressing this case... Kind of addressing both of these posts. Also, what these girls did is monstrous. I am not defending them in any way..

Raising a teenage daughter is a PITA. Sam has turned out pretty well but it's a balance of discipline and communicating with them. I was always trying to go too hard with the discipline which ultimately just pushes them away. luckily Virginia was a good communicator. But at times I feel she was too much of a "BFF" which was driven by her own rotten childhood with a mean and domineering mother. I was too much of the intimidating drill sergeant.

You can't go too far in either direction and there's a good segment of it that is completely out of your control. You do your best to influence a good outcome.

With Sam we had an instance of bullying, she moved out of the house in the last quarter of her senior year got busted for prescription drugs and dropped out 3 weeks before graduation. She smoked weed, had sex and drank like most of us here. Does that mean that we sucked as parents or didn't care? Well I know we cared.

Sam is now 20, works full time and is off drugs. She likes to drink but has stopped so that she doesn't violate her probation, which is she is close to completing. She's going to get her GED. Yesterday her and her boyfriend, a Marine veteran, were out looking for a house. Our relationship is close and much better. Yes, she's still a brat but I feel a lot better about her future than I did a couple years ago.

So, I am not going rush to judgement on this mother until I do some more reading. She might be a single mom who works 60 hours a week. Not every bad person is a result of poor parenting. More importantly I hope no shame gets something out of my post.

Also, what these girls did is monstrous. I am not defending them in any way.
    Last edited by PCP777; 01-19-2014 at 07:10 AM.

I suspect that most of us know families with several kids, where most of the kids are great and one seem likely to wind up in jail or dead. Sometimes parents set kids up to fail, but often, kids turn out rotten in spite of decent parents. Other kids turn out great in spite of being raised by wolves in a cave at the edge of town. Who knows.

I helped raise one of my cousins. She got into major trouble in high school, got kicked out. Some of her friends went to jail but she was lucky enough to get probation on the condition she go back to school. Her local district wouldn't take her, so she came to live with us. We put her in an alternative school where they encourage the kids to work full time while finishing their diplomas (she had one semesters worth of work to do) It took her about a year what with the full time job. She didn't have time to get into trouble... Managed to pay her court costs, restitution etc., and graduated from High School with $5000 in the bank. I had hoped she'd spend it on college, but 3 days after she graduated, she hopped on a bus to follow her worthless boyfriend. They had a couple of kids that that county eventually took away from them. He went back to jail. She got probation again....

She's 35 now. Never been in jail. Not dead yet. So I guess she's not done as poorly as she might have.

Both of her sisters (one older & one younger) are upstanding citizens. The older one is damn near perfect. Still married to her high school sweetheart, son's getting married this spring... etc. She teaches music in the school system and, works as a wildlands firefighter in the summer. The younger one is a sped teacher. Two nice kids.

So yeah, too bad the parents sucked.

I don't know what caused Erica and Patricia to be monsters but monsters they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Is there a "scared straight" program in your area? Actually seeing the inside of a jail and interaction with inmates may help. And I hope the therapy includes you directly. Is there something in her past that is affecting her emotionally? I feel for you
    There is plenty in her past that has driven her to be who she is today. Her bio-dad chooses not to have anything to do with, it's been over 5 years this time since she has spoken to him. He only lives 15 minutes away. Has a long history of not showing for visitation when she was little and I covered for him. I didn't bad mouth him, I always covered for him when he didn't show up. He "ended up having to work", car trouble, sick... My thinking was I always wanted her to have a chance to have a relationship with him. I was damned sure that no one was ever going to be able to blame me for her not seeing him... it bit me in the ass. Now she as a young adult is figuring out on her own that he just doesn't want anything to do with her. She is mourning him as a young lady and it's affecting her. She wonders why she isn't good enough for him to want to know her and this leads to her letting boys treat her however they want and she accepts it.
    His family has nothing to do with her, my parent both passed before she was 3 years old, I have a volatile relationship with both siblings so we never had a huge family system. I married my high school crush 4 years ago so she finally has a dad but that doesn't fill the whole left by the biological. The biological is a horror story and it's actually good that he chooses not to be in her life but she at 16 doesn't understand that yet. His story is much bigger but I have already hijacked this girl's thread.

I see how it can be easy for these girls to go wild, even when a mother is trying her damnedest to make sure her teen daughter is smarter than this. And that she is better than this and has a chance at a great future. This child is my world but she is stomping all over my heart. How did it end up like this??? I just feel lost. Add to the fact that she was off for 2 1/2 weeks for the holidays (got busted on the 29th so she has not been out of my sight since then), home for a week because of the Polar Vortex and Snowpocalypse 2014, wisdom teeth out this past Tuesday so home all week, Monday is MLK jr. day so no school, Tuesday is the first visit at the psychiatrist, Wednesday we meet with the probation department so she will not be back to school until Thursday. We are all just overwhelmed right now and I'm not seeing a break anytime soon.
    We are each our own devil and we make this world our own hell...Oscar Wilde

When I was a teenager, I made sure to go to school every day. Always did my homework, got the best grades I could (A's, B's maybe a few C's here and there). I never once got in trouble at school, always paid attention, was never disruptive. Never had detention or anything close to that.

But by the time I was 16, after being good in school I wanted to go out and do bad things. Not too bad. I would drink, sneak out of the house at night, smoke weed. By the time I was 17, I was doing ecstasy almost every weekend. If it wasn't that, I was getting wasted at parties. I was always fighting with my dad, getting grounded. Got caught having parties at his house when he was out of town, drinking his booze (yep, I was that girl who drank all his vodka and filled it back up with water. He never drank it so thought I was good, until he was dating a new chick who liked to drink and when I saw him reach for the bottle I booked it out of the house. Funny but long story.)

Anyways, I may not have been the best teenaged daughter, but I wasn't the worst. All the parties and booze and sneaking out, was just a phase. I was young, and stupid. I wouldn't say if you teenager was doing the same, to just ignore it and let it go. Definitely ground them if you find out, but make sure to talk to them calmly about it. All I got was screamed at, so do you think I would really listen? Hell no. But I also wouldn't worry too much that they will always be like that, or get worse. That's not always the case.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

First off, you don't know Patricia personally. Yes, what she did was horrifying, disgusting, and just flat out wrong. But I've known her since she was in Elementary school. She was a good girl, all up until she started hanging out with Ericka. That was her downfall was befriending her, thinking it was the right thing to do. I wouldn't be surprised if it was Ericka's idea to have Patricia lure her into the house. I know Patricia, and she would not think to do that. It was dumb of her to listen to her friend, but it has happened and they are both paying for it. They are paying for it more than the guys who raped the girl. The charge they are facing is a capital sexual battery which can be life in prison. While the guys who raped the girl are facing a 1st degree felony, which is up to 30 years. How is that fair? I'm pretty sure if it was the reversed, give the girls 30 years in prison, they'll never do anything wrong again. But let the rapists out after 30 years, I can guarantee that they will befriend some other teen girls to get them someone to attack.

uh... i don't think you do this kind of thing just because your friend is a bad influence.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Seriously. She played a role in this, too. She could've tried to stop it, or go to someone for help. She chose not to, and now she's paying for it. Maybe you should be feeling sympathetic to the victim, the poor girl who was raped and beaten, instead of the girl who helped make that happen.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Seriously. She played a role in this, too. She could've tried to stop it, or go to someone for help. She chose not to, and now she's paying for it. Maybe you should be feeling sympathetic to the victim, the poor girl who was raped and beaten, instead of the girl who helped make that happen.
    Bingo.

The defendants? mothers testified that they were ?good girls? who had never been in trouble other than minor arrests for marijuana possession and petty theft
    "There's your sign"
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooke Gabrielle View Post
    First off, you don't know Patricia personally. Yes, what she did was horrifying, disgusting, and just flat out wrong. But I've known her since she was in Elementary school. She was a good girl, all up until she started hanging out with Ericka. That was her downfall was befriending her, thinking it was the right thing to do. I wouldn't be surprised if it was Ericka's idea to have Patricia lure her into the house. I know Patricia, and she would not think to do that. It was dumb of her to listen to her friend, but it has happened and they are both paying for it. They are paying for it more than the guys who raped the girl. The charge they are facing is a capital sexual battery which can be life in prison. While the guys who raped the girl are facing a 1st degree felony, which is up to 30 years. How is that fair? I'm pretty sure if it was the reversed, give the girls 30 years in prison, they'll never do anything wrong again. But let the rapists out after 30 years, I can guarantee that they will befriend some other teen girls to get them someone to attack.
    Fuck off. At any point, Patricia could have said no, or done something to stop this from happening. She didn't. She deserves any punishment she gets. She's just as guilty as everyone else in this situation. You're disgusting for defending her. Any good points she had were automatically made irrelevant when she participated in such an egregious crime. So yeah, fuck you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    "There's your sign"

Yeah, Patricia knew her FRIEND since Kindergarten and look what she did to her? Hate to see what she would do to YOU given the chance. Honestly, they probably got more time because they did more than just rape her, not to lessen that she was raped, but they lured and restrained her and aided in her rape. Those twonks deserve everything that is coming to them. So yeah...what Neens said.

Quote Originally Posted by neenerneener View Post
    Fuck off. At any point, Patricia could have said no, or done something to stop this from happening. She didn't. She deserves any punishment she gets. She's just as guilty as everyone else in this situation. You're disgusting for defending her. Any good points she had were automatically made irrelevant when she participated in such an egregious crime. So yeah, fuck you.
    I'll co-sign this.

This is simple math of right and wrong. You don't watch someone get beaten and raped and think "this is ok because my friends are doing it". And if you do - you don't possess the type of logic and reasoning that I care to live amongst in the world.

GIRL BYE.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

i love you ladies.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    First off, we don't have to know Patricia personally. Either she's guilty as fuck or she's a huge cunt for going along with a crime so heinous that she deserves everything that happens to her. See, as others have said, there's this thing called "right" and this other thing called "wrong" and if you're not smart enough to know the difference, you deserve a bullet between the eyes. When you put someone in a dangerous situation on purpose, you are a total fucking asshole. Sure, she was a good girl. Now she's an accessory. What kind of friend says "hey, let's have these two guys rape this girl?" Who does that shit? More importantly, what kind of cunt actually says "Sure, great idea!" We know the answer now. There is no excuse for what any of them did.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Pathetic.

There was a huge article on this a few months back. I don't think it's been linked. The reporter tracked down a lot of family members & friends of the 3 girls. The article is spread over 7 pages & had a lot of detail I didn't know. These are the last few paragraphs. He's talking about their victim -

http://www.browardpalmbeach.com/2014...heck-facebook/

She hasn't returned to school, which still pulses with gossip over the incident, and few have afforded her much compassion. Among the dozens of students interviewed by New Times, not one defended her. Most criticized her, citing her reputation at school. Nor has her family been a source of empathy. According to a police report, Jessica's grandmother warned the authorities that Jessica's mother is a "homeless drug user who will try to take away any benefits [Jessica] may receive as a result of this incident."

Then on a Tuesday afternoon last month, Jessica's grandfather answered the door to the apartment he shares with the child's grandmother. It was black inside. A television faintly played somewhere in the dark. "She brought this on herself," the gap-toothed man said of his granddaughter. "She put herself in harm's way, and that's just how I feel."

He declined to say where Jessica is now. Who's taking care of her? Was she all right?

"She's been put away, and that's all I'll say," he said curtly, shaking his head, and closed the door.

jesus.

Holy shit. She's been "put away"? Is she a dog?

I'm reading this now, it's pretty disturbing.

Did anyone see this video? Was it posted?

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Holy fuckballs. This poor girl is going to be so mentally screwed. She's kidnapped and raped by people she trusts. And then betrayed and treated like shit by her own family. I don't blame her if she never trusts another human being again.

I hope wherever she is, it involves intense therapy. That poor girl.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

I just hope they didn't sell her to a sex ring or something. That was disturbing.

She brought this on herself? What kind of a piece of shit says that about his own granddaughter who was beaten and raped? I hope she's far away from her family and that area. She needs to be among people who care about her and who will help her heal. That's what I thought families were for. Fuck all of these people. Holy fuckballs is right, BB.
    "A vagabond dreamer, a rhymer and singer of songs
    Singing to no one and nowhere to really belong." - Waylon Jennings

Thread Information