Thread: Luke Arduini (28) allegedly jumped from the Golden Gate Bridge

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    I hate to say it, but I don't think we will until he's declared dead

He took a pic of the Bay Bridge right before midnight on NYE and wasn't heard from again. They even hired investigators and still nothing. His friends stopped posting about him mid January. This points to his friends maybe knowing deep down what happened. I'm pretty sure he jumped and they never found the body
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I hate to say it, but I don't think we will until he's declared dead
    I figured I would update this thread. Luke was a friend of mine. We grew up together. He was a fantastic person. After the death of his father (2006), his depression worsened. He was being treated but hated to be on medication.

Luke moved to CA from his small, suburban hometown in Delmar, NY (outside of Albany). He had previously lived in NYC and had traveled to Thailand and other countries to compete in Muay Thai. Loved punk rock (Rancid was his favorite band). Wore Chuck Taylors almost exclusively. Loved animals. Had a sense of humor that was unmatched. Words cannot do him justice so I will not bother.

He attended a NYE party at a friend's apartment. Luke then caught an Uber to his apartment where he left some food and water for his new kitten. The suicide note referenced in the post above was only made available to a handful of people (no more than six). He did not send the note to his family (he left behind a mother and two sisters).

That's where things start to get sketchy. Luke went home and then left (presumably on foot). A young girl who was in her parents car reported seeing a man matching Luke's description standing on the side of the bridge. He was wearing a purple Yahoo hoodie, jeans and a pair of red Chuck Taylors.

We are assuming he jumped. His body has not been recovered. A memorial service was held for him at Yahoo a few weeks later? His family attended. A local memorial was not held.

As for the tattoo referenced above? That was in memory of Luke's best friend Brian who passed away in 2009. Brian suffered a pulmonary embolism from a blood clot. He was 24- years old. They had been friends since they were babies. Luke and Brian would prank each other (really.. it was Luke doing all of the pranking. Brian wasn't all that great at it :-p). Luke convinced Brian to enter that code into his computer, saying that its effects were an urban legend. Brian did so? and found out what happened as a result. It was a joke between the two of them. Nothing to do with Luke's depression (as speculated in comments both here and on various news articles).

Luke battled depression for a very, very long time. Everyone in his life tried to help him? but you cannot help someone who refuses to help himself.

Thread Information