Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Aura Garcia (43) crushed by drawbridge on New Years Eve

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Death by Drawbridge

I bet the family is crying a river....hope they can build a bridge and get over it.

Not a drawbridge, of course. But, maybe a bridge over troubled waters......
    Last edited by u2addict; 01-06-2014 at 12:05 PM.

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

Yay, finally got my first smite!! Whoever did that, though, take it easy. What I said was a joke, it's a funny saying about bridges I say all the time and this was the perfect thread to post the joke in. If you have read any of my other posts, you will see I'm obviously a nice person and don't go around posting horribly mean things. It was just a play on words and wasn't intended directly to her family. Anyone can see what happened is a sad thing. The only thing I feel bad about is that I got smited by someone who doesn't know how to spell "disgusting"

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I'm trying to feel bad, but I can't.
    It's not like *ding ding ding* RUN FOR YOUR LIVES, BRIDGE OPENING IN 2 SECONDS REGARDLESS.

And the quote of 'she doesn't like being rushed', well, if a bridge is on the verge of opening up, I'm gonna get off it quickly regardless of how heavy I am and how annoyed I am of being rushed.

And if I was so heavy that I walked slow and was annoyed of being rushed, I wouldn't being walking on a drawbridge, that's like level 6 skill level stuff then for when the bells and horns go off while you are on it. You need to work your way up to that.

And it says she was dangling over water, so why didn't she just drop into the water? I feel like I'd have a way better chance at surviving. Unless the article is saying she dropped and fell in between two plates. I don't understand exactly what happened.

I'm sure she had time to get off the bridge though.

Tough crowd..

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Yay, finally got my first smite!! Whoever did that, though, take it easy. What I said was a joke, it's a funny saying about bridges I say all the time and this was the perfect thread to post the joke in. If you have read any of my other posts, you will see I'm obviously a nice person and don't go around posting horribly mean things. It was just a play on words and wasn't intended directly to her family. Anyone can see what happened is a sad thing. The only thing I feel bad about is that I got smited by someone who doesn't know how to spell "disgusting"
    Welcome to the club! I earned my 1st one because of this thread. I was also told folks don't take too kindly to noobs making jokes in death threads.

Luckily, I'm civil...nah it was Mary that helped me.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    I got my first one from the Paul Walker thread. Probably for the same reason. Noob making jokes. Oh well lol. If some people don't hate what you say you're not doing it right.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I got my first one from the Paul Walker thread. Probably for the same reason. Noob making jokes. Oh well lol. If some people don't hate what you say you're not doing it right.
    Maybe someone should start a thread about when we got our first smites....LOL

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

These jokes have went a bridge too far. She's happy now, standing at the golden gate. Did I just sign up for bad bridge puns? Could be worse, you should see the unabridged message.

Welcome to MDS Nathan lol

To get back on topic, I've been checking for updates to this story and nothing. It sounds like the bridge operator was completely devastated.

Thanks! I thought I might as well make my first post count, besides, with facebook signup it makes it easier to get death threats sent my way. Really should have a username change feature for facebook signup.

It could imagine the operator, as well as the family would be devastated. I do joke, but what a way to go.

I thought my new year's hangover was bad.

From another article:
    "On Tuesday, he raised the bridge to allow a boat to pass on the Chelsea River. An East Boston woman, Aura Garcia, who officials said was on the bridge, apparently fell and was crushed to death when the operator lowered it again after hearing her screams. A witness said she heard a loud foghorn and saw flashing lights before the bridge began to rise."
    What bothers me about this is the part where the operator lowered the bridge after hearing her screams. With any machinery that can cause injury, all safety procedures I've ever seen say to immediately STOP the equipment in the event of a problem in order to prevent further injury. Safety interlocks work the same way. If the operator heard the screams and then lowered the bridge rather than stopping it, I think he has liability in this tragedy.
    My avatar? My daughter drew a picture of me.

That's a valid point actually. Probably a stupid question, but aren't there safety features such as an automatic cut off? I guess there would need to be some sort of sensor. I guess if he didn't see her, he just assumed she was still on the bridge and that lowering it to normal level would have allowed her to cross.

That shit was funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Maybe someone should start a thread about when we got our first smites....LOL
    I got my first smite AND my first positive rep from the same comment. Gotta love the people on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Ganley View Post
    I got my first smite AND my first positive rep from the same comment. Gotta love the people on here.
    Awesome Nathan. Welcome to the jungle.

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Ganley View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

My first smite was from someone telling me my cats were adorable, wtf.

For the person who rep'd my comment, it wasn't grey Although, I was wandering what that grey meant, so thanks anonymous person!!!

And I'm just assuming the red is a smite lol. It sure wasn't green!

Quote Originally Posted by Katerss View Post

For the person who rep'd my comment, it wasn't grey Although, I was wandering what that grey meant, so thanks anonymous person!!!

And I'm just assuming the red is a smite lol. It sure wasn't green!
    That's hilarious lol

it's easy to accidentally push the smite button on accident. what i hate most is when i accidentally push the rep button when i mean to smite. grrrr.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Yeah, it's most annoying when you attach the message "go eat a bag of dicks" to a positive rep.

Haha, I just assumed that my cats were soooooo adorable that the person got distracted from the cuteness and clicked the smite. It's my cats fault.

I don't think I've ever smited anyone. All my reps have been good ones I tend to just usually ignore the jerks. Not saying I would never smite someone who deserved it, but I guess I would still feel bad doing it...LOL. I'm too nice for my own good, most of the time!

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

Quote Originally Posted by neenerneener View Post
    Why you smite me?

Thread Information