Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Zoe Campos' (18) remains were found five years after she disappeared

Zoe Campos' (18) remains were found five years after she disappeared

Zoe Campos: Lubbock teen missing; someone seen driving her car

http://www.missingpersonsofamerica.c...g-someone.html

The FBI is now helping in the search for Zoe Campos, 18, from Lubbock, Texas.

She was last seen on Nov. 17th around 11 p.m. She was watching a movie with her older sister, Savannah at their home and then she went to bed. The last known contact with her was on the 18th and she was suppose to pick up her mother, Melinda Campos at 2 a.m., but she never showed up.

Melinda received a text from her around 2:30 a.m. that she was on her way, but she never showed up. All phone calls to her from then on went to voice mail.

Her 1997 silver Lincoln Town Car was spotted at the Driftwood Apartments on Utica Avenue near 55th Street by Zoe's sister. It was being driven by an unknown person. Savannah gave chase and the man got out of the car and ran away.

The police came and found Zoe's black jacket in the trunk and her phone charger in the back seat.

Zoe is 5 feet tall and 100 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing black pants and a light green corset and a black jacket (jacket found in trunk of car).

If you have any information on the whereabouts of Zoe, please call the FBI at 872-559-5000 or leave an anonymous tip here.

Police: Missing Lubbock teen now listed as endangered
    http://www.kcbd.com/story/24112522/p...-as-endangered

LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD) -

The Lubbock Police Department has released new information in the case of missing Lubbock teen, Zoe Campos.

A $1,000 reward has been posted for Campos, who is now listed as missing and endangered.

Police say 18-year-old Zoe Campos was last seen on Sunday, Nov. 17, around 11 p.m.

The last known contact with Campos was Monday, Nov. 18, around 2 a.m. She was reported missing the following day.

Police say Campos' car was also seen at Driftwood Apartments with an unknown person driving it. This person has yet to be identified.

Campos is described as being 5 feet tall, weighing 100 pounds, and has brown hair and brown eyes.

Sergeant Breunig and the Lubbock Police Department is asking for any information that would help to locate Campos.

Bruing said, "Zoe was involved in behavior that might put her in harm's way. We believe she is in danger."

If you've seen Zoe Campos, or think you know where she could be, please call Crime Line at (806) 741-1000 or contact Detective Mayer at 806-775-3701.

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2018...he_disappeared

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    He left an apology note? Ok he's crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    that's what makes him crazy? I thought it was the chips.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Oh no.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Bruing said, "Zoe was involved in behavior that might put her in harm's way. We believe she is in danger."
    what??

Quote Originally Posted by *crickets* View Post
    what??
    My guess was she was hooking, hitch hiking, or doing some other activity that would put her in harms way.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Lubbock has a problem with prostitutes (all Hispanic I believe) going missing and turning up on dead on dirt roads on the outskirts of town. Of course the police there will swear they do not have a serial killer, but I digress. My guess is that she was involved with prostitution and they know the score, but I have nothing really to base that on.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Lubbock has a problem with prostitutes (all Hispanic I believe) going missing and turning up on dead on dirt roads on the outskirts of town. Of course the police there will swear they do not have a serial killer, but I digress. My guess is that she was involved with prostitution and they know the score, but I have nothing really to base that on.
    Hooking? She looks like a baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    I don't know...I'm just telling you what I know about Lubbock combined with what LE said about her behavior. It could very well be drugs, hitchhiking or just hanging out with the wrong people. Who knows?! She does look young.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Ron you can't be that naive...young teens get lured into prostitution all the time.

Ron you can't be that naive...young teens get lured into prostitution all the time.
    I didn't call shenanigans, I was saying that would be sad.

The whole dangerous behaviour/she's a runaway explanation seems to be the standard LE code for "we didn't take this seriously immediately & we need an excuse for our fuckup". Just look at how many longterm missing are classified as runaways for the first few years.

http://m.kcbd.com/#!/newsDetail/24126360

Flyers sit on the counter of the Campos apartment, each of the three stacks a different color and warm, a sign they were freshly printed.

On the kitchen table, a new poster adorned with Zoe's face took center stage.

For the Campos family it's all a part of the continued effort to find their daughter, which so far has not been successful.

"A lot of unpromising leads and we get a lot of crank calls. It's kind of hard now. The police have been pretty active, trying to stay on top of any little clue that we send them," said Zoe's mother, Melinda Campos.

Zoe's absence has been hard to deal with, especially in the holiday season.

"Thanksgiving was Zoe's favorite. She loved turkey and Christmas is just not going to be the same if we don't find her," Melinda said.

It has been just over two weeks since Zoe was last seen. Yesterday the Lubbock Police Department held a news conference to provide an update on their investigation.

They said, "Zoe was involved in behavior that might put her in harm's way. We believe she is in danger."

The Campos family was shocked.

"We were unaware of what was going to be said and what was said caught us off guard," Melinda said. "She should have been considered as endangered at the very beginning. Zoe was a homebody. She was young, beautiful but she was a homebody. I don't understand where those comments come from."

The family is worried it will shift the focus away from finding Zoe.

"I feel like people are going to be looking at her like oh well this is just an 18 year old bad kid and that's what I want to get across is that she's not. I am her mother, yes, but she's not that person that would do something like this and then stay away."

"At this point I feel like it's something that doesn't need to be commented on because it doesn't fit Zoe's criteria and I'm going to stick with that regardless because I'm her mother but other people that know her know that wasn't her," Melinda said.

"Zoe wasn't a bad person at all, that wasn't my sister. She wouldn't put herself in danger, she would give you her last," Zoe's sister, Savannah, said.

Melinda says she is thankful for all of the support people have given their family and says she will not lose hope.

"People have reached out to us and said prayers with us, hugged us, it's awesome. It just gives us that hope. That's all we have is hope, the faith that someone will eventually call with the best lead ever and that's what we hope on."

If you've seen Zoe Campos, or think you know where she could be, please call Crime Line at (806) 741-1000 or contact Detective Mayer at 806-775-3701.

Yep. Standard police response

http://m.amarillo.com/news/texas-new...-sunday-may-be

LUBBOCK - The distraught family of an 18-year-old Lubbock woman said they remain hopeful she will return safely. Lubbock police officials believe Zoe Campos, who was reported missing since early Monday morning, Nov. 18, may be in danger. Campos has brown hair and brown eyes, is about 5 feet tall and weighs about 100 pounds. She was last seen wearing black pants a light mint-green corset and a black jacket. Lubbock Police Department spokesman Sgt. Jason Lewis said he could not elaborate on what indicated the danger.

Campos was last seen about 11:30 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 17, according to her older sister, Savannah. Savannah said they watched a movie at their home in the 3500 block of 50th Street before she went to bed. Melinda Campos said her daughter was supposed to pick her up from work about 2 a.m. Monday, Nov. 18, at an East 34th Street bar, but she never showed up. “The last text that I received from her was between 2:30 a.m. and 2:39 a.m. saying she was on her way to see me to pick me up,” Campos said. Her phone calls were never returned and are all going straight to voice mail. Other family members and friends have not heard from Zoe, and it has filled Melinda Campos with anxiety and fear. “I’m very scared for her,” she said.

Savannah Campos said her sister always kept in contact with her family. “So it's weird that her phone was off this long,” she said. “It’s weird that she hasn’t come back yet. This isn’t like my sister.” After filing a report with the police Monday, Melinda said officers told her to wait it out, hinting that Zoe might have run away. “If they knew her like we knew her, (they’d know) that’s not (like) her,” she said. The Police Department's tone changed Tuesday night after officers found the abandoned 1997 silver Lincoln Town Car that Zoe was supposed to fetch her mother in, according to Melinda Campos. Campos said her sister spotted Zoe’s car being driven by an unidentified man. After a brief chase, the man abandoned the vehicle at the Driftwood Apartments in the 5500 block of Utica Avenue. Melinda Campos said she hoped she would find her daughter by the vehicle. “It gave me a lot of hope that the next step was going to be Zoe was going to be right there, and we’re still waiting; we’re still waiting,” she said.

All police officers found was Zoe’s black jacket in the trunk and her phone charger in the back seat. “Zoe’s very attached to her phone, so for it to be off with her charger in her back seat, it just sends up red flags to us,” her mother said. Savannah Campos described her sister as a laid-back person who kept to herself. Melinda Campos said her daughter loved being with her sister and her sister’s children. Both women said Zoe’s social circle was limited to her older sister, a cousin and a friend. “She wasn’t the type of person that would go out to parties or clubs or anything like that,” Melinda Campos said. “If she did go to a party it was with a friend and that was very rare.” She said her daughter planned to graduate from Matthews Alternative High School in December and study to become a mechanic. Her daughter bought the Lincoln to fix it up, she said. “She was real excited about fixing it up and making it hers,” she said. Savannah Campos said her younger sister’s plans were influenced by relatives who were good with cars. “And that’s something she took an interest in,” Melinda Campos said.

Family members have used fliers and social media to raise awareness about the 18-year-old. “Hopefully somebody will see her or remember that they saw her and give us any little bit of a clue,” Melinda Campos said. Zoe’s father, a Marine serving in Afghanistan, is making his way home to be with his family, she said. “He’s scared to death,” she said. She hopes her daughter will show up before then and the family is holding on to the hope that Zoe is safe. “Right now that’s all we have,” Savannah Campos said. “We’re just trying to hope and pray that she’s going to walk through that door or call and say, ‘Come get me.’ ”

If it was anybody else but her family saying that, I would believe them.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Some of these are very old, but Jennifer Lynn Wilkerson, Mark Ysasaga, Maegan Hembree and Zoe Campos' cases are not too old and all seem to be just closed as some type of 'endangered' case. Just for reference, Lubbock isn't huge. It's population is only about 230,000. These cases do not include the several murdered prostitutes found on the outskirts of town, or the victims of serial killer Rosendo Rodriguez, since their bodies have been found.

http://www.everythinglubbock.com/sto...50eSsGFfNvZR6g

LUBBOCK, TX -- Zoe Campos, 18, of Lubbock made news recently with her mysterious disappearance in November. Campos remains missing, but she is not the only one on the DPS “Missing Persons Clearing House” for the greater Lubbock area.

Edna Laverne Blodgett, of Post, was 75 on June 2, 1993 when she turned up missing. She would now be 96 if she is still alive. DPS lists her as “disabled – endangered.” A man was convicted of murdering her, but her body was never found and she remains on the DPS list.

Stephane Shae Henderson, now age 41, of Levelland was last seen on November 28, 1993. DPS says Henderson has a tattoo of an “S” between her thumb and forefinger, and scars on her left thigh, right hip, and lower abdomen. She is listed as “endangered - foul play possible.”

Enoe “Noe” Garcia, 36, of Lubbock, has been missing since July 1, 2000. DPS says Garcia has a scar on his back from surgery and walks with a limp. He is listed as “endangered - foul play possible.”

Jennifer Wilkerson, now age 36, of Lubbock, has been missing since July 13, 2004. DPS says she has a tattoo of the word “taken” on the back of her neck. Wilkerson is listed as “endangered.”

John Freisen Martens, now age 11, of Muleshoe, has been missing since September 21, 2007. DPS says he was taken by his non-custodial mother, Margaretha Freisen, who is now wanted for kidnapping.

Mark Ysasaga of Lubbock was 15 years old when he was last seen on June 14, 2012. He is listed by DPS as a runaway. Ysasaga has both ears pierced.

Maegan Hembree, 31, of Smyer, has been missing since February 26, 2013. A man suspected in her disappearance has been arrested on unrelated charges.

Campos is the most recent addition to the clearinghouse. She has been missing since November 17, 2013. Campos is listed as “endangered,” and someone was seen driving her car a few days after her disappearance.

There is one other case on the list with a Lubbock tie. Christina Jeanette Chandler, now 52, of Fort Worth, was 29 on - the day she went missing. DPS says, “Ms. Chandler's vehicle was found abandoned in Lubbock, Texas.”

The following are links to the Lubbock-area missing persons on the DPS clearinghouse.

Christina Jeanette Chandler
    Edna Laverne Blodgett
    Stephane Shae Henderson
    Enoe Garcia
    Jennifer Wilkerson
    John Freisen Martens
    Mark Ysasaga
    Maegan Hembree
    Zoe Campos

Sadly, it takes a while before LE fesses up to fuck ups aka "a bunch of pros that get killed by Johns now we better pay attention" until one one of two things happen. Some fresh, good girl gets thrown in to the mix or media finally pays attention. The Long Island Killer is a GREAT example of this.

Serial killer. And I PRAY she's okay. But I don't have high hopes
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

Law enforcement isn't there to help you. They either come in after the fact, or are busy writing people tickets.
    They 2 things they're best at is kicking in doors and covering their tracks.

LE might be referring to online behaviour? Like most teens she's got quite a few profiles with her pix & location. Out of 32 likes on a recent fb pic, almost all are guys. Not sure how well she had her location etc locked down before she went missing, but if her family are describing her personality/behaviour/lifestyle accurately, social media might be what put her at risk? One of the articles describes her clothes that night as pyjamas, if that's true, then LE should've had an idea that the runaway description was unlikely to be true.

https://m.facebook.com/zcampos2?id=1282947125&_rdr
    http://www.meetme.com/member/52276460
    https://myspace.com/zoe_gabrielle_campos

I can only get it on image search,

but she has a locked profile on zocialised too

Once I read that some random guy was driving her car and booked it on foot when chased, I knew this wasn't going to end well. I highly doubt she will be found alive. But you never know...

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

Mother of Zoe Campos says calls need to be more specific
    18-year-old one of five missing persons cases with Lubbock connection

http://lubbockonline.com/crime-and-c...c#.UsIwu7Smb4s

Melinda Campos didn?t want to celebrate Christmas this year.

She said the family did come together to celebrate for her grandchildren. But it was hard knowing it was the first Christmas without her daughter, Zoe Campos.

Zoe is one of five people reported missing from the Lubbock area, according to the Texas Department of Public Safety?s missing persons clearinghouse.

Zoe was reported missing Nov. 17 and has not been seen since.

?It was hard for both me and her father and her sister,? Melinda Campos said.

And the last two weeks have been unbearable for her as she has received unconfirmed reports of sightings of her daughter throughout Lubbock and Levelland.

?They just said it's her, she doesn?t look well and someone needs to find her,? she said.

However, none of the callers want to contact the police, fearing they would be investigated.

Campos wants to assure them police detectives are only interested in bringing the 18-year-old home.

?Whoever has the right tip, it?s not about their lifestyle ? it?s about getting Zoe home,? she said.

Campos said the calls, which have come in about two to three days a week, give her hope her daughter is still alive.

But the callers are giving vague information and call about a day or so after a sighting, adding to her frustration.

?I just want to go and tackle those leads,? she said.

However, she is following detectives? advice to stand down.

?I?m not trying to play vigilante; I want to do it the right way,? she said.

But Campos said she still wants to receive calls about her daughter provided the information is detailed and within moments of the sighting. Those numbers are (806) 543-1673 and (512) 992-8383.

?Give us more information,? she said.

Lubbock police believe Zoe is in danger but have not said why.

Two days after she was reported missing, a family member spotted Zoe?s silver Lincoln Towncar being driven by an unidentified man who was wearing a dark hoodie-style jacket.

The family member followed the car to the Driftwood Apartments, where the driver abandoned it and fled on foot.

Police searched the vehicle and found Zoe?s jacket in the trunk.

Zoe is about 5 feet tall and weighs about 100 pounds. She has brown hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing black pants and an icy green mint corset top.

A $5,000 reward is being offered for information that leads to finding her.

Here?s a look at the other missing persons cases.

Meagan Hembree

The Lubbock County Sheriff?s Office is seeking information about the activities of Michael Todd Ramsey in connection with the Feb. 26, 2012, disappearance of then-30-year-old Meagan Hembree of Smyer.

Ramsey, a person of interest in the case, is being held at the Lubbock County Detention Center on unrelated charges.

Hembree had left Hockley County for Lubbock when she disappeared. Her red two-door Saturn was recovered but investigators have not found any more information about her disappearance.

Hembree is 4 feet, 11 inches tall and weighs about 140 pounds. She was last seen wearing jeans, tennis shoes and a gray-and-purple Jimi Hendrix hoodie.

Mark Ysasaga

June 14 marked the first anniversary of Mark Anthony Ysasaga?s disappearance.

He was last seen at the Wal-Mart on Marsha Sharp Freeway and Avenue Q. Investigators believe he went with friends to a home in the 3100 block of 27th Street and left the area on foot that day.

Lubbock police have said Ysasaga has been sighted in Abilene and San Angelo.

A $4,500 reward is being offered for information that helps find him.

Ysasaga is 16 years old now and is about 5 feet, 7 inches tall and weighs about 145 pounds. He has brown hair and brown eyes and both of his ears are pierced. He was last seen wearing a turquoise shirt, red-and-black basketball shorts and white tennis shoes.

Jennifer Wilkerson

Friends and family of Jennifer Wilkerson believe she is still alive nearly a decade after she disappeared from her trailer home.

The South Plains College student was reported missing July 14, 2004, after she failed to show up for work the day before.

According to the Texas Department of Public Safety, she is listed as endangered.

However, investigators do not believe she is dead, according to Avalanche-Journal archives.

Wilkerson is about 5 feet, 5 inches tall and weighs about 110 pounds. She has brown hair and blue eyes and was last seen wearing a red halter top, blue capri pants and black flip-flops.

She has multiple tattoos: the word ?Taken? on the back of her neck, a small lady bug on the right side of the back of her neck, the word ?Rotten? and a butterfly on her back, a red rose with a small snake wound around the stem on her upper arm, roses on her right wrist, a fish on her stomach, and a dragon around her ankle.

Enoe Garcia Jr.

DPS investigators believe foul play may be possible in the July, 1, 2000, disappearance of then-36-year-old Enoe Garcia Jr.

Garcia ? who is listed as endangered ? was last known to be driving a blue 1992 Chevrolet truck bearing Texas plates BB8379.

Garcia is about 5 feet, 9 inches tall and weighs about 195 pounds. He has a surgical scar on his back and walks with a limp. He has brown hair and brown eyes and was last seen wearing a green shirt, blue jeans and brown shoes.

Anyone with information on any of the cases can call Crime Line at (806) 741-1000.

Tips can also be sent via text message to 274637. Begin the message with LBKTIPS.

Sex trafficking?

Sex trafficking?
    It's definitely possible. My gut tells me though that Lubbock has/had at least one serial killer (in addition to the known serial killer that murdered Joanna Rogers and Summer Baldwin and put their bodies in suitcases in the trash). I don't know what type of behavior LE was alluding to, but if it's prostitution, that doesn't bode well considering Lubbock's history with prostitutes getting murdered. Here's a story that gives some info about the unsolved prostitute murders in Lubbock:

http://lubbockonline.com/crime-and-c...s#.UsI1U7Smb4s

Lubbock police are looking into the possibility that a new sketch of a rape suspect could also provide clues in several unsolved murders in the area.

Police on Thursday released a composite sketch of a man suspected of raping a woman in 2006 in hopes that somebody could help identify him.

The suspect pictured in the sketch is suspected of choking his victim until she fell unconscious and then raping her, according to the initial police report filed in October 2006.

The woman, who police say was working as a prostitute in 2006, recently came forward again to try and pursue charges after being clean and sober for three years, according to Lubbock police detectives.

The case shares some similarities with the unsolved murders of several women who also had histories of prostitution, according to court and jail records.

"Our detectives are looking into any possible connections of a sexual assault that occurred back in 2006 to some unsolved homicides that we have on the books," said Capt. Greg Stevens, department spokesman. "We're not saying that we believe there's a connection. We're saying we want to look into the possibility of there being a connection."

Police didn't know the likelihood of a connection, pointing out there also were dissimilarities.

The 2006 sexual assault victim recently came forward again to help police with a sketch of her assailant and provide more details about her attacker.

She said he had a tattoo of a red rose with a green stem on his right upper arm. Below the stem was the name "Martinez" and above the rose was possibly "Noel," "Novel" or "Nobel." Both names were in a circular pattern.

The suspect told his victim he was from California.

He was described as Hispanic with a light complexion. He was possibly between the ages of 25 and 35.

Police said the suspect was seen earlier on the day of Oct. 17, 2006, with another Hispanic male with a darker complexion. They were both in an older model, rusted, four-door vehicle that was possibly a Chevrolet.

The man had a medium build and a weight of about 200 to 225 pounds. He had brown eyes.

Police couldn't speak to why the victim didn't provide the details in 2006, but a police report was filed at the time of the crime.

The 2006 report indicates the choking and possible rape occurred between 10:30 and 11:30 p.m. Oct. 17 in the 1600 block of 16th Street.

She was treated at Covenant Medical Center. She had a bloody nose and her neck was red, according to the report.

The victim told police she met the suspect a week prior to the incident at Whataburger, 1702 19th St., according to the police report.

There were several unsolved murders of women with prostitution histories the years before and after the woman's 2006 rape.

? August, 2008: Monica Adams, 28. Her brutally beaten body was found in an isolated field at North Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard and East Bradley Street.

? April, 2007: Selena Kuykendall, 40. She was found in an isolated field near East Municipal Drive and North Olive Avenue. She had been stabbed and beaten to death.

? April, 2004: Linda Trevino Carbajal, 21. She was found in an isolated area on CR 5700, about three miles west of New Deal. She died from blunt-force trauma to the head.

? July 2003: Cynthia Palacio, 21. She was found in a ditch just west of Slaton. She was strangled.

Law enforcement officials also have never publicly declared a connection between the unsolved murders. They have said there are similarities as well as dissimilarities.

Police urge anyone who may have information about the suspect pictured in the sketch or the unsolved murders to call Detective John Lofton at 775-2408 or Crime Line at 741-1000. Callers may remain anonymous.

http://crimewatchdaily.com/2015/11/1...n-trafficking/

Missing girl next door a victim of human trafficking?

Zoe Gabrielle Campos, a bright and promising teen from Lubbock, Texas, went missing on November 17, 2013. Her family fears she's been taken by a sex-trafficking syndicate.

Thirty-six hours later, a bizarre sighting: Zoe's aunt sees Zoe's car being driven by an unidentified hooded man. Zoe's aunt, Monica, begins following the car.

"I never got a decent look at him other than the hoodie, side profile and that was it," said Monica.

Could Zoe be in the car still alive? Or is the worst about to be revealed?

Then, suddenly the individual stops the car and the door flies open.

"He took off running that way, then circled around," said Monica.

"We never caught him, didn't know where he went," said Melinda, Zoe's mother.

Investigators were able to obtain several pieces of evidence from Zoe's car.

"They found duct tape, some clothes, her phone charger was in the backseat and another man's jacket in back seat as well," said Melinda.

Through Zoe's cellphone records, police have now pieced together a picture of what may have happened after 11:30 p.m. the night Zoe went missing.

"On the night she disappeared she went to dinner with her sister, then took her sister back to the apartment, left her apartment," said Lubbock Police Detective Adam Freeman. "Went to hang out with friend, then left that apartment. Went to hang out with another individual, all prior to her supposed pick-up of her mom, at which point she disappeared."

Police have focused their investigation on one person of interest, but did not share specific information with Crime Watch Daily at this time.

"The last person who was with Zoe is still being looked at, it's part of an active investigation," said Det. Freeman.

Phone records show that Zoe's last contact was with a young man named Carlos.

"Only thing I know so far is the last call she had was with a Carlos Rodriguez, as far as what was said I don't know, they planned to meet up that night," said Zoe's sister Savannah.

Zoe's relationship, if any, with Carlos Rodriguez is unknown.

"The phone records show that they had a conversation," said Savannah. "When we asked LPD or they told us about it they said they questioned him and that he did in fact see Zoe, but Zoe said 'I'll be right back,' went to the store, they were going to go somewhere, she never came back. And that's the last they heard from him."

Police traced Zoe's last-known cellphone activity to within a 1-mile radius of Lowrey Field, a football stadium located in the heart of Lubbock.

"Was around 2 a.m., either shortly before or after 2 o'clock, when last text message went to Zoe's mom," said Det. Freeman. "At that time we were able to get tower location and a distance of roughly a 1-mile radius."

Located within that 1-mile radius is the Villa Motel.

"We got a tip saying that she was spotted at The Villa, little hotel here in Lubbock, she was being forced into a car," said Savannah. "And when they last 'pinged' her phone, it was a mile radius from Lowery Field and The Villa."

Did the anonymous tips and search of Zoe's abandoned car finally provide any clues that lead them to a suspect? Police are not revealing their discoveries at this time, but numerous leads indicate that Zoe may have been abducted and could be alive.

"We have beliefs, people who claim to have seen Zoe, people who claim to have knowledge of her being sold into slavery, but there's no physical evidence," said Det. Freeman.

Three other young women have reportedly gone missing from the Lubbock area. Zoe's family believes she was lured away by an organized human sex-trafficking syndicate.

"That's a very good possibility in this case," said Det. Freeman. "Somebody could've taken her against her will and sold her into slavery."

"I'll never stop looking for her never. That's my baby girl," said Melinda, Zoe's mother.

So far, Lubbock Police have been unable to make any arrests in the case, but they are keeping a watchful eye on persons of interest.

"She's not going to be missing forever, she will be found and I will find her regardless if it's today, tomorrow, next year," said Det. Freeman. "I'm not going to rest till I find her."
    zoe-campos-cwd-820

The Lubbock Police Department urges the public to come forward with any information.

You can submit a tip to Crime Watch Daily or call or text our toll-free tip line at (844) 800-CRIME.

The FBI has further information on the disappearance of Zoe Gabrielle Campos.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Shoulda hit that motherfucker with their car. Then hold his sorry ass down until they got some answers. Boop! Oh, sorry, sir, but that's my neice's car motherfucker and you're not going anywhere until I gets some answers.

Of course he could have had nothing to do with it and just been given the car or borrowed it from the perps...but you know, you never know.

She went missing on my b-day, too. Shit. I hope they find her, and soon. Three years is a long fucking time. You don't want to have girls be suspicious of everyone, but with shit like this happening, how can you not? Grrrr.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Now go fuck yourself.

http://www.kcbd.com/story/32073567/l...park-are-human

LPD: Remains found at Clapp Park are human

Lubbock police have confirmed that a bone found at Clapp Park on Monday is human.

Police have identified the bone as a tibia, commonly known as a shin bone.

A student from the Wolfforth Fire Academy found the bone while jogging and brought it to an instructor who is a licensed physician.

The park is located at 40th and Avenue U. The bone was found behind Safety City.

The Lubbock Fire Rescue dive team has been brought in to search the playa lake at the park, and the remains will be sent to a lab for analysis.

Lubbock Police Department Public Information Officer Ray Mendoza said, "We have to send the bone for further analysis and until that happens...we're not going to know the sex, the race, the age or anything like that. We're hoping that somebody will come forward for that so we can proceed and get ahead of the investigation."

Ruben Sandoval has lived across the street from Clapp Park for 25 years.

He says he’s always felt safe living in the area.

But as he held a garage sale Thursday, he watched from afar as the LFR dive team spent hours searching the playa lake.

Many questions came to his mind once he heard a human bone was found at the park earlier in the week.

“I’m kind of shocked. I really am because I didn’t expect something like this to happen," Sandoval said.

Police say through today’s search, no other human remains were found.

“They are looking at stuff that they did find and hopefully determine whether or not it’s involved with this case or not," Lt. Mendoza said.

Meanwhile, concerned park goers Thursday and voices on social media are speculating whether or not the bone found belongs to a missing person.

“It makes you wonder if it’s one of them out there you know," Maria Uballe said. "And hopefully they find out who it is and maybe somebody’s family, they’ll have peace.”

Lt. Mendoza says the investigation is still in the very early stages, and they can’t determine any connections until the bone goes through further analysis.

“We have nothing at this point that indicates that it is to one of our current cases or anything, anybody that is currently missing," Mendoza said.

As summer vacation starts, Clapp Park is a popular place for families to come.

But until the case is closed, some say they might re-think their plans.

“It was upsetting and scary at the same time," Patty Perry said.

“It happened at our park and it does worry, it does worry me. I’m sure it would worry any parent," Sandoval said.

If you have any information, you are asked to call Crime Line at (806) 741-1000.

We'll continue to update this story as the investigation continues.
    From the Mom's comments on the FB page, it sounds like Zoe is definitely being considered as a match. https://www.facebook.com/milinda.campos. There are a couple of other missing Lubbock area people though, so it will be interesting to see if this matches any of them...or if it is someone else. I still think Lubbock has at least one active serial killer.

Another one where I can't find any more info regarding the bone they found or if it was in anyway connected to this girl? Anyone else have any better luck?
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoMyGoddess! View Post
    maybe when the check comes next time, just throw your dick on the table and be like "if you got the check, i got dessert"

Quote Originally Posted by aphaziak View Post
    Another one where I can't find any more info regarding the bone they found or if it was in anyway connected to this girl? Anyone else have any better luck?
    Nope, not a word on this. I check up on it regularly. Usually DNA testing does take awhile though.

Thread Information