Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Zoe Campos' (18) remains were found five years after she disappeared

I found the Namus profile for the UID remains that they found at Clapp Park in Lubbock. It doesn't show that the DNA testing is complete, but it shows that it is a male. I wonder how they came to that conclusion?

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/15381

Zoe was featured on Disappeared this past week. I feel so bad for her family. I am not sure if I knew the info about her aunt seeing her car and following it after she disappeared?! If only she had kept following it. Ugh.

ETA - I see the info about the car is in the first post in this thread but it's different to what is in the Disappeared episode.

From 1st post -
    Her 1997 silver Lincoln Town Car was spotted at the Driftwood Apartments on Utica Avenue near 55th Street by Zoe's sister. It was being driven by an unknown person. Savannah gave chase and the man got out of the car and ran away.

In the Disappeared episode they talk about and show her aunt (not her sister) driving and spotting the car. She turned around to follow it and when he turned down a side street, she drove past as she was scared. Zoe's cousin drove to the area and down the side street and that's where they found the car abandoned at the apartments.

In the Disappeared episode, they talk about her meeting with someone that she knew on FB to smoke weed. It sounds like he knows where she is.

According to the episode, she was last seen at Villa Town Motel in Lubbock.

This place is surreal and unless you are desperate and stranded there is no reason to stay. The front desk said the inside rooms were *updated* and better than the outside rooms??? (the outside rooms rent by the hour). After the shock wore off, we sat in their indoor atrium (swamp) and watched one terrified traveler after another look around at WTF they had gotten themselves into! Security: First off, get your gun and keep it close. The door knobs are jiggled (checked) about every hour. Creeps will walk into your room. Your stuff will get gaffled if you do not lock it up or nail it down. The rooms: The carpets are torn and crusty. It stinks of mildew. There are roaches. I suppose they try to clean the rooms but they are trying to clean over decay. After we saw the roaches, we figured the bed had bugs so we slept on top in our cloths. It was a long night, but we were exhausted and slept. A plus, my husband is super fast on the draw. Edited: Body found at at Villa Town. Advanced state of decomp.I love managements EXCUSE for why the rooms are not regularly cleaned. Have a nice stay!!!

if you don't mind bed bugs ,rats ,roaches mice ,spiders ,nasty sheets smell like bodies ,nasty dirty carpet ,ceiling is caving in the bathroom ,no microwaves for refrigerators as advertised ,no swimming pool as advertised management coming into your room all hours of the day and night ,saying "we need to do a rain check "management going into your room when you're not there and removing things .(this has been proven ) no handicap parking , when I went to the front desk and ask for an ice bucket ..they had me a plastic bag Dollar General Store ,and it leaked ! when I went to the front desk after I paid my rent ,I was told there was no refunds . I was only there for about 25 minutes I was told the front desk that since I didn't like the rooms they showed me ,and since it took me about 25 to 30 minutes to make up my mind ,,,they could not give me a refund ,,so I got stuck there!!while I was there ,prostitutes and crack heads we're always asking me the same question "hey man you want some "so the village town of Lubbock is not the place to stay ,when you read this review please pass on to others ,,the City Health Department has tried to close them down ,the city codes has tried closing down ,the Fire Marshall has even tried to closing down ! but the dude has Middle Eastern or oil money ,that should explain everything .

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowU...ck_Texas.html#

http://amarillo.com/local-news/news/...wounding-7-was
    Last edited by Olivia; 05-02-2017 at 05:23 PM.

http://www.lubbockonline.com/crime-a...preparing-grim

Mother of Zoe Campos holding onto hope but also preparing for grim outcome

Campos reported her daughter missing Nov. 19, 2013, two days after her daughter sent her a 2 a.m. text message from their apartment saying she was on her way to fetch her from work. Her daughter never came, which was unusual, she said. When Campos arrived at her home, Zoe wasn?t there.

Then the next day Campos said her sister spotted her daughter?s car, a silver Lincoln Town car Zoe had worked on, and followed it to an apartment in the 5500 block of Utica Avenue where the driver abandoned it and ran away.

Since then, Melinda Campos said she?s received tips placing her daughter in Mexico and the Middle East with the Islamic State group.

The only new lead she?s received came from investigators from ?Discovery Investigation,? which aired an episode about Zoe in April. She said she learned that her daughter may not have been at home the night she disappeared but was at the home of a male friend visiting another friend who had just had a baby. She said she believes the man knows what happened that night.

She said that person has been uncooperative with investigators.
    She said conversations early this year with a police detective forced her to face the possibility that her daughter may no longer be alive.

?Up until then I was still, like, ?No, she?s out there, she?s out there, I know she?s out there, I know she?s out there,? ? she said. ?And then he kept telling me ? and I don?t think he meant it in a bad way ? he was just trying to prepare me because I still have to be strong for my other daughter.?

The thought of her daughter?s death is heartbreaking.

?It?s horrible,? she said. ?Because, I?m sitting here thinking sometimes on a bad day, I?m thinking, ?OK, I?ll never be able to see her?; all I?m going to get is her bones and I won?t even be able to see that. I won?t ... Like, that last day that I saw her four years ago was the last day that I will ever be able to see her.?

Also, the Villa Town Motel reference in Liv's post above has been permanently closed down.

http://www.kcbd.com/story/35116782/v...ty-court-order

Villa Town Motel shut down by Lubbock County court order

The petition from the State of Texas lays out a long list of allegations:

"Defendants own, maintain, and operate The Villa Town Motel/Inn, which is a common nuisance, notorious for harboring habitual criminal activity, including prostitution, promotion of prostitution, aggravated assault, aggravated robberies, narcotics possession, narcotics distribution, human trafficking, and illegal drug offenses – in violation of the Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code. Defendants knowingly tolerate, and have failed to make reasonable efforts to abate, the criminal activities at The Villa Town Motel/Inn, and instead have enjoyed a steady stream of income from renting rooms to those who conduct these illegal activities on the premises."

The order says Lubbock police have made 165 arrests and responded to 1,516 calls at the Villa Town Motel since January 1, 2015, including life emergency calls such as fight in progress, shots fired, aggravated assaults, disturbances, stabbings, and delivery of controlled substances.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...id=mailsignout

It was five years ago this past Saturday that 18-year-old Zoe Campos vanished without a trace in Texas. On Friday, police in Lubbock announced a break in the case and filed a felony murder charge against 25-year-old Carlos Andrew Rodriquez.

PEOPLE obtained the arrest warrant detailing the allegations against Rodriquez.

The defendant is being held on $500,000 bond and is currently serving a four-year prison sentence following his recent conviction on stalking charges.
    The warrant alleges that in March, an inmate at the Lubbock County Detention Center approached authorities, claiming to have information pertinent to the Campos investigation. The inmate allegedly told police Rodriquez boasted about getting away with murder, saying, “They’ve searched the land already, they’re not gonna find the body until they move the concrete.”

Earlier this month, police with cadaver dogs searched the property, and found bones that were eventually identified as belonging to an animal, not a human.

But the arrest warrant alleges Rodriquez was interviewed against last week by investigators, and he agreed to guide them to the location of human remains he said were buried behind the home in which he lived in 2013.

The warrant further alleges Rodriquez confessed to authorities that he killed Campos, telling them the girl drove to his residence in the early morning hours of Nov. 18, 2013, after a mutual friend introduced the two of them only hours before. Later, he allegedly admitted to choking the teen to death.

https://www.kcbd.com/2018/11/21/offi...ins-found-nov/

Police say human remains found Nov. 16 are Zoe Campos

Five years after 18-year-old Zoe Campos went missing, police found human remains and are saying they’re connected to Zoe’s case. During the news conference, officials have confirmed the remains belong to Zoe Campos. Her remains were found in the backyard of 1924 70th Street. The man accused of killing Zoe lived inside the house at the time of her death.

Officials say there is a lot of work to be done and her remains are still in custody with the Medical Examiner’s office to determine the cause and manner of death. The medical examiner’s office say they use forensic dental and forensic anthropology to make the identification.

There were hundreds of thousands of tips and sightings of Zoe Campos, according to Chief Greg Stevens. Within the five years, the chief said there was not enough information to make an arrest.

Chief Stevens said Zoe and the man who admitted to police that he killed her met the day she died. They were not involved in a romantic relationship.

https://www.kcbd.com/2018/11/17/zoe-...remains-found/

Lubbock Police officials say around midnight the murder warrant was issued for Rodriguez. He has been charged in connection to the death of Zoe Campos.

Rodriguez has been in jail after being convicted of stalking in a different case that happened in November 2017. He was awaiting his transport to prison, where he will serve a four year sentence, when new details in this investigation broke. He would have been eligible for parole after serving one year, 10 months and 22 days.
    Sorry it's huge, I can't get it to be smaller

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Maggot dick. Wastes a life. Gets away with murder. Brags about it because he lacks a brain and a goddamn soul.

I hope he gets gaped every day in prison. I hope he suffers. I hope, in the end, he begs for death.

He deserves no less.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Now go fuck yourself.

http://www.kcbd.com/2019/01/18/rodri...campos-murder/

The man accused of murdering 18-year-old Zoe Campos in November 2013 has entered a not guilty plea in court.

That plea comes despite 25-year-old Carlos Rodriquez' confession to police about how and why he killed the teen.

Rodriquez entered his plea Monday, Jan. 14 in Lubbock’s 140th Judicial District Court.

https://www.kcbd.com/2019/07/11/carl...campos-murder/

In a letter addressed “dear people,” Carlos Rodriquez admits he killed Zoe Campos in 2013.

Rodriguez said, “after five years of fear, guilt and shame I can finally make peace with myself and God. I want the people in my community and on social media to know not just part of the truth, but the whole truth.”

He begins at November 17, 2013 when he first met Zoe. He goes on to explain his initial attraction and desire to get to know her.

He walks through how he invited her to his house, his excitement when she arrived. How she followed him to his bedroom, and how one thing led to another and they had sexual relations.

He goes on to tell how he and Zoe smoked cigarillos containing K-2 synthetic marijuana.

Rodriquez said he was losing track of time and spacing out, hallucinating that Zoe was a demon. It was then he choked her from behind and killed her.

In his letter, Rodriquez said his intentions were to meet Zoe and have a good time. He wanted to see if they could be friends or more.

“I’m not a murderer,” Rodriquez said. “I simply committed a reckless act five years ago that ended tragic.”

That’s why, he said, he’s asking the Court, the District Attorney. and his community to please give him a chance to learn.

I’m not asking for a dismissal, I just want a fair judgement.” Rodriguez said. “Please reconsider me and have mercy on me.”

In the letter, Rodriquez asks readers to do their kids, friends and people dear to them a favor. He said “educate them on this k-2 synthetic marijuana. Please, it will save everyone suffering, pain and most importantly it can save lives.”

Are you fucking kidding me?!? He?s not a murderer, the drugs were. Fuck this guy. Grr

Also I was an asshole in the beginning of this thread and I feel bad about it now.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Five years.

1825 days.

43,800 hours of agonizing wait.

Only to find out that your loved one is gone. And gone because some dime store hood rat couldn't handle his drugs.

Fuck you Carlos.

I'd love to give you props for admitting to killing her, but the fact that she's not coming back to her family means all you deserve is acknowledgement that there may be something buried deep inside you that was once worth saving.

Doing the right thing doesn't mean a whole lot after the fact. If not for your sorry little bitch ass, she'd still be alive. I hope you live with the memory of what you've done for the remainder of your days. Maybe one day you'll grow up and accept what you know deep down in your heart is the truth: You killed a woman because you were a little bitch ass maggot subhuman sack of shit.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Now go fuck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post

Also I was an asshole in the beginning of this thread and I feel bad about it now.
    Happens to the best of us. I'm an asshole 90% of the time.

I completely missed the arrest updates. He could be telling the truth about the K2, it can cause psychosis & violence, but he has no way to prove he had it in his system that night since he decided to lie & put her family through hell for years.

So fuck him.

Was he ever sentenced? Couldn't find any updates

Quote Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
    Was he ever sentenced? Couldn't find any updates
    As of August...
    https://thecinemaholic.com/zoe-campo...rodriquez-now/
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Thread Information