Thread: Stepfather kills Colo. teen mistaken for burglar

Stepfather kills Colo. teen mistaken for burglar

Girl, 14, had apparently sneaked into basement around dawn.

A Colorado teenager apparently sneaking back into her home before dawn Monday was shot and killed when her stepfather mistook her for a burglar.

Colorado Springs police said the unidentified 14-year-old girl was shot just before 6 a.m. as she entered her home in the 4000 block of Ascendant Drive, on the city's northeast side. Officers rushed her to a local hospital, where she died.

Police do not plan to release the identities of the victim or her stepfather, said spokesman Larry Herbert.

The initial 911 call was for a burglary in progress, he said. He did not say how many times the girl was shot or identify the type of weapon used.

Officers found the girl in the basement with a chest wound, KOAA-TV reported, adding police scanner suggests she had climbed through a cellar window.

A neighbor told KRDO-TV she was startled by "three bangs," which she thought was "someone hitting on a car or a garage door or something like that."

Police and the district attorney are investigating. No charges have been filed.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...illed/4180329/
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

I'm trying to find a name, but this girl's picture was on a article on facebook about it

Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers

Kiana O'Neil, 14 years old

her and her mom

Kiana O'Neil, 14, has been identified as he Colorado Springs girl who was gunned down by her stepfather early Monday morning while entering her home

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2oPdgGrhs
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Memorial facebook - https://www.facebook.com/pages/RIP-K...85939468280122
    Last edited by beli; 12-24-2013 at 08:02 AM.

That sucks.

I find it scary how grown-up and glamorous 14-year-old girls look these days... We didn't look like that at 14. My son is coming up on 12 1/2 and it's crazy to think his peers will look like this in a year and a half. He's one of the shortest kids at his middle school and still looks and acts like a little kid.

But I digress. This sucks. And how do you determine whether this story about what happened is true or if the stepdad just hated his stepdaughter and wanted her dead?

I don't question this story at all. This kind of thing happens a lot. ...more often than an actual intruder being shot dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

I used to sneak out a lot around 1AM-3AM when I was in high school. I'd go out our back door and come back through there.
    One night my dad apparently was awake in the office doing god knows what, but as I was opening the back door he came running at me with a bat and a knife. Thank god he didn't stab me, I did get hit though.
    He apparently heard the gate creak open and got prepared to protect his home. I never snuck out again because of that, and also because my parents found out I was sneaking out and there wasn't any possible way to do it anymore.

Dude, some of the comments on some of the articles I've read on this are bad. Esshh!

I don't think its the dads fault. I take complete responsibility for my dad almost stabbing me because I was sneaking back in. He didn't know what to expect, was terrified and just did was his extincts told him to and that was to hit and stab me before I(if I were a burglar/murderer/etc) hurt him. I don't blame him at all, he didn't know who I was or if I had a weapon or anything.

I'm the dumbass in that situation to do something I wasn't suppose to.

I'm sure this ladies stepfather didn't mean to harm his stepdaughter.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

don't you first and foremost check the bedrooms to make sure everyone's accounted for before shooting to kill? especially when you have a teenaged child in the house?

i used to have my friends sneak in all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    don't you first and foremost check the bedrooms to make sure everyone's accounted for before shooting to kill? especially when you have a teenaged child in the house?

i used to have my friends sneak in all the time.
    Well you damn sure AT THE VERY LEAST make sure you can SEE who you're shooting and that it's not a person that, you know, LIVES WITH YOU first...

right? i remember the story about the kid who was shot breaking into his aunt's house (who lived next door). she called her brother about a break-in and he shot the kid and didn't realize it until later, when he noticed his son didn't wake up during all the commotion.

the kid had a knife and a rope, i think. he was legit breaking into his aunt's house. he didn't even call out 'dad! don't shoot!'

now, i can see shooting a prowler at a window from outside, but not opening the door and bam!

or the one where the guy shot his friend in the closet pulling a prank? wtf? trigger happy fuck-ups.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

I always think about that movie "Strangers," where the guy's best friend was coming in to help save them from the intruders, and the guy shot his own best friend because he thought he was the intruder. Of course, the intruder was right behind the best friend with an ax, about to off him anyway, but still.

Thread Information