Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Holly Grim's (41) remains were found almost three years after she went missing

Holly Grim's (41) remains were found almost three years after she went missing

Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-27-2022 at 07:16 AM.

sounds like they've found several bones on that property. The police have told mom that she should prepare herself for bad news.

I suspect they've found Holly's body...just haven't announced it yet.

http://www.wfmz.com/news/news-region...-news/41943576

A WFMZ-69 News broadcast Sunday showed an excavator on the Woodhaven Drive property of Michael Horvath, a former co-worker of Grim, in Ross Township Monroe County. The pair both were employed at Allen Organ at the time of Grim's disappearance.

The Pocono Record previously reported a human bone was found on the site, but no charges have been brought against Horvath.

Pennsylvania State Police told WFMZ there are "a lot of items in the house" and hundreds of people -- including Horvath -- have been interviewed.

Lehigh County investigators have sealed a search warrant issued by Monroe County, according to a WFMZ report. Police did not say in news reports if Horvath has been cooperative in the investigation.
    http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/lehi...e_to_exca.html

I feel bad for the mom,she's held out hope all this time & now she may find out her daughter's gone.
    It's a scary world we live in. Monster's around every corner and we don't even realize it until they target us.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Rivers View Post
    I feel bad for the mom,she's held out hope all this time & now she may find out her daughter's gone.
    It's a scary world we live in. Monster's around every corner and we don't even realize it until they target us.
    Its very scary. My sister was abducted from her bed in the middle of the night. Even though she was 19-years old at the time, I know my mother blamed herself for not making sure the door was locked, even though its been determined that her killer was already hiding in the basement waiting for everyone else to go to bed. Her remains were not found for 11 years and by then, both of our parents had already passed away. When I read about missing persons cases, its always a dilemma whether to reach out or not because they always want to ask how our situation turned out and I don't want to take away any hope they may have for a safe return. Our vivid imaginations can take us to dark, dark places, especially in the middle of the night. None of us wants to think our loved one is being tortured or raped but its impossible to hope that they've gone to a better place and are no longer suffering.

My heart goes out to this family.

Quote Originally Posted by McCourt View Post
    Its very scary. My sister was abducted from her bed in the middle of the night. Even though she was 19-years old at the time, I know my mother blamed herself for not making sure the door was locked, even though its been determined that her killer was already hiding in the basement waiting for everyone else to go to bed. Her remains were not found for 11 years and by then, both of our parents had already passed away. When I read about missing persons cases, its always a dilemma whether to reach out or not because they always want to ask how our situation turned out and I don't want to take away any hope they may have for a safe return. Our vivid imaginations can take us to dark, dark places, especially in the middle of the night. None of us wants to think our loved one is being tortured or raped but its impossible to hope that they've gone to a better place and are no longer suffering.

Sorry to hear you and your family had to go through that!

Yeah, this story has not really received the press that many missing persons cases normally do. I have tried to update it periodically, but there just hasn't been much there. I am inclined to think that they got a very specific tip or something.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Sorry to hear you and your family had to go through that!

Yeah, this story has not really received the press that many missing persons cases normally do. I have tried to update it periodically, but there just hasn't been much there. I am inclined to think that they got a very specific tip or something.
    Thanks. I'll be following this case and if I see anything new, I'll update the thread.

Sorry to hear about your sister Court.

I'm sorry to hear about your sister. Your family must have suffered greatly. ~hugs

Quote Originally Posted by dtfpaf798 View Post
    I'm sorry to hear about your sister. Your family must have suffered greatly. ~hugs
    I appreciate it. I've been asked to contribute her story to a book on how families of "cold case" victims handle their grief. Its been really fucking me up recently, so if I've been a bit of a bitch, that may be one reason. Not that I'm ever sticky sweet, but being new here, I should have treaded lightly. :)

I appreciate it. I've been asked to contribute her story to a book on how families of "cold case" victims handle their grief. Its been really fucking me up recently, so if I've been a bit of a bitch, that may be one reason. Not that I'm ever sticky sweet, but being new here, I should have treaded lightly. :)
    I can see how reliving your sisters story must be very hard but I wonder if it will eventually help you heal. I can't imagine not knowing for so long. I hope you can find some peace. And btw I didn't notice any bitchiness. :)

I can see how reliving your sisters story must be very hard but I wonder if it will eventually help you heal. I can't imagine not knowing for so long. I hope you can find some peace. And btw I didn't notice any bitchiness. :)
    Its hard but I'm doing it so that when I pass away, her name/her story won't pass with me. Our parents died at really young ages (mom on her 49th birthday and my father was only 54 years old and they died just a few weeks apart. It was years after their deaths that my sister's remains were found. Then, our older sister died at the age of 52, so I'm the only sane one left. Our only other sister joined a cult after our parents died, so she's not been a part of our family for a really long time. When I was approached to add my sister's story to this book on grief, I jumped at the chance simply because I have this fear that I'll die soon too. I just turned 53, so I'm right at the ages that my family members were when they died. The guy who murdered her has been in prison since the year after she disappeared. He was convicted for a different woman's murder and ended up on death row. Unfortunately, that state did away with the death penalty and then just a couple of years ago, his conviction for that woman's murder was overturned on a technicality. While the state claims that they have him on enough other charges that he'll never be released, I don't believe them. They have done very little to try and work her case so there have never been any charges made against him for my sister's murder. It was a horribly brutal and bloody murder and we came to find out that even though she had been raped and beaten almost to death, he forced her to put her shoes and coat on and marched her out of her bedroom at gun point. I know that she left with him willingly because she was afraid - and rightfully so -- that he would not only kill her but everyone else that was home that night, including my then 3-year old son, our younger sister and my mother and step father. She died a hero and I feel that her story of bravery should be known. I'm crushed that I can't do more for her since I owe so much to her. I know my parents had to die to be with her because she had been alone for such a long time. Her remains were ultimately found very close to where he abandoned her car. How the police department was so inept that they didn't find her makes me more angry than just about anything else, including the fact that the police pretty much blamed every one in our family. Sorry for the rambling.

http://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/m...013-story.html

Police charge Monroe man in Holly Grim's death, found DVD about 'hunting humans'
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-27-2022 at 07:18 AM.

So he would have gotten away with it if he buried her somewhere else....
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

Its hard but I'm doing it so that when I pass away, her name/her story won't pass with me. Our parents died at really young ages (mom on her 49th birthday and my father was only 54 years old and they died just a few weeks apart. It was years after their deaths that my sister's remains were found. Then, our older sister died at the age of 52, so I'm the only sane one left. Our only other sister joined a cult after our parents died, so she's not been a part of our family for a really long time. When I was approached to add my sister's story to this book on grief, I jumped at the chance simply because I have this fear that I'll die soon too. I just turned 53, so I'm right at the ages that my family members were when they died. The guy who murdered her has been in prison since the year after she disappeared. He was convicted for a different woman's murder and ended up on death row. Unfortunately, that state did away with the death penalty and then just a couple of years ago, his conviction for that woman's murder was overturned on a technicality. While the state claims that they have him on enough other charges that he'll never be released, I don't believe them. They have done very little to try and work her case so there have never been any charges made against him for my sister's murder. It was a horribly brutal and bloody murder and we came to find out that even though she had been raped and beaten almost to death, he forced her to put her shoes and coat on and marched her out of her bedroom at gun point. I know that she left with him willingly because she was afraid - and rightfully so -- that he would not only kill her but everyone else that was home that night, including my then 3-year old son, our younger sister and my mother and step father. She died a hero and I feel that her story of bravery should be known. I'm crushed that I can't do more for her since I owe so much to her. I know my parents had to die to be with her because she had been alone for such a long time. Her remains were ultimately found very close to where he abandoned her car. How the police department was so inept that they didn't find her makes me more angry than just about anything else, including the fact that the police pretty much blamed every one in our family. Sorry for the rambling.
    Oh, hon. I am so sorry for your loss and everything that your family has had to deal with as a result of that. She was a hero, no doubt. My heart is with you.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

How truly horrible for your sister and you are right, she died a hero! I can't imagine how frightened she was, she was so very brave. I'm sorry that the police screwed up and caused your family even more suffering. Thanks for sharing your sisters story. I will keep you in my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBeWithMe View Post
    Oh, hon. I am so sorry for your loss and everything that your family has had to deal with as a result of that. She was a hero, no doubt. My heart is with you.
    How truly horrible for your sister and you are right, she died a hero! I can't imagine how frightened she was, she was so very brave. I'm sorry that the police screwed up and caused your family even more suffering. Thanks for sharing your sisters story. I will keep you in my thoughts.
    Thanks to you both. I didn't mean to hijack the thread. Appreciate the comments.

Jeez, McCourt. I'm so sorry. How brave of her to sacrifice herself. I'm glad she was eventually found. I had an aunt who was missing for ten years before her remains were found. It is really hard on the family.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Jeez, McCourt. I'm so sorry. How brave of her to sacrifice herself. I'm glad she was eventually found. I had an aunt who was missing for ten years before her remains were found. It is really hard on the family.
    It really is hard and I'm really sorry about your aunt. {{{{HUG}}}}

It really is hard and I'm really sorry about your aunt. {{{{HUG}}}}
    Yeah, two out of four of her kids turned out sane. The youngest became a wanderer. He pretty much goes around trimming pot plants during harvest season and couch surfs or lives out of his car the rest of the year. I haven't seen him in years. The oldest got through school and got a really good job but has had several mental break downs that keep her in and out of the hospital. Sounds like those two are the combination of your other sister.

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Yeah, two out of four of her kids turned out sane. The youngest became a wanderer. He pretty much goes around trimming pot plants during harvest season and couch surfs or lives out of his car the rest of the year. I haven't seen him in years. The oldest got through school and got a really good job but has had several mental break downs that keep her in and out of the hospital. Sounds like those two are the combination of your other sister.
    Oh yeah. Sounds just like her. Its sad. The ripple effects of murder seem to have no end. I think even my sister's kids are having problems with drugs and alcohol. Its hard for me to admit this, but I'm really glad she wanted nothing to do with the rest of our family. She seems toxic and I've always tried to raise my kids with as little drama as possible.

Oh yeah. Sounds just like her. Its sad. The ripple effects of murder seem to have no end. I think even my sister's kids are having problems with drugs and alcohol. Its hard for me to admit this, but I'm really glad she wanted nothing to do with the rest of our family. She seems toxic and I've always tried to raise my kids with as little drama as possible.
    It's sort of a crapshoot how people respond to things. Not going in to all the factors like personality, biology and shit, but common reactions to trauma are one end of the spectrum or the other. Your dad does drugs so you either do too or don't even drink. Of course, not drinking is the healthier choice, but often there are still underlying issues behind the decision. My brother, for example, is probably the most straight laced out of my siblings, but it stems from fear of being like his dad. He's actually afraid to take any risks though and misses out on a lot of cool experiences.

Wow, way off topic.

I don't understand why he wasn't arrested in June 2014? He changed his story and the his DNA was at the crime scene?

How did the wife not become suspicious of her husband digging a huge hole in the yard?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I feel like nobody should call their daughter Holly ever. I can't keep the missing Holly's straight. Grim, Bobo etc

http://www.pahomepage.com/news/holly...ved-to-be-shot

Report: Holly Grim Shot, Buried Beneath Metal Frame

So was she alive for some time? Did he maybe keep her captive and the bedframe was for her?
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-27-2022 at 07:19 AM.

Oh Jesus, McCourt that's fucked UP

This case though, was there nearly another victim? Or am I still delirious with flu & fevers? Because they made a point of saying he only had lunch once with "Nicole" but then there was this in one of RBW's linked articles

When investigators reviewed Horvath's cell phone records, they found he had attempted to call "Nicole" about 30 minutes before Grim's disappearance on Nov. 22, 2013, according to court records.
    What time are they using as the time of "Grim's disappearance"? She was last seen at 6.30am when she dropped her son off - so are they saying he rang this casual, one-time lunch acquaintance's home at 6am?? That seems kind of odd?

Did he only go to Holly as an afterthought because he was all psyched up to "hunt humans" & his chosen target wasn't available right that moment?

Thread Information