Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Aundria Bowman's (14) skeletal remains were found 31 years after she went missing; her adoptive father has been charged with murder and also raped and killed Kathleen Doyle (25) in 1980

Aundria Bowman's (14) skeletal remains were found 31 years after she went missing; her adoptive father has been charged with murder and also raped and killed Kathleen Doyle (25) in 1980

http://www.delayedjustice.com/?p=4820

From The Charley Project

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...n_aundria.html
    Aundria was last seen in Holland, Michigan on March 11, 1989. She was born in New Orleans, Louisiana and was placed for adoption at the age of five months. After a period in foster care, she was adopted by the Bowman family at age 21 months.

Aundria disappeared shortly after she accused her adoptive father of assaulting her. He was already on parole at the time for an unrelated offense. Her last confirmed location was reported by her father, who said she'd stolen some money from the house before she left. There were possible sightings of Aundria in the Holland area in the days following her disappearance. It's unclear whether her disappearance was related to the abuse allegations. Investigators believe she left of her own accord, but her biological mother fears she met with foul play. Few details are available in her case.

Aundria's mother did not give her up happily & has been searching for her for a very long time. She was told it was a closed adoption & that she could not be given any information about her daughter - until she received a letter in 2010 asking her to provide DNA to try to identify her daughters remains. Even then they would not give her details & she had no idea her daughter went missing 21 years earlier until her husband was able to track down Aundria's case.

Since then her birth mother has done everything she can to get media attention for her daughter's case. Her adoptive parents have refused to take part. Her birth mother has now discovered the criminal history of the man who reported her daughter as a runaway. No-one even questioned him at the time. The house they lived in when Aundria disappeared has since been pulled down. It was in a rural area with heavily wooded sections nearby. No-one ever searched for her & it seems that at the time she went missing the only ones who cared besides the birth mother who was refused access, were her 13 & 14 yr old friends. With no internet there wasn't really anything they could do.

http://www.semmessavers.com/2013/05/...m-holland.html

Aundria Michelle Bowman born on June 23, 1974 as Alexis Badger. From Hamilton Michigan - Missing since March 11, 1989 from a youth home in Holland, Ottawa County, Michigan.

Classification: Endangered Missing

Date Of Birth: June 23, 1974 Age at Time of Disappearance: 14 years old Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'5; 115 pounds Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; green eyes. She may have bleached her hair blonde. Marks, Scars: She has pierced ears. AKA: Alex; Alexis Dentals: Partial dental records available
    The earlier reports said Aundria went missing from foster care/a group home but since then her birth mother, Cathy Terkanian has found friends who knew Aundria at the time & noticed immediately that something was wrong when she left school for home but then failed to turn up to an arranged meeting of friends at the local bowling alley.

Cathy Terkanian, October 18, 2013: Aundria M Bowman went missing from the care of her adoptive parent after having accused her adoptive father Dennis Lee Bowman of assault. Dennis Bowman was on parole for criminal sexual conduct at the time Aundria accused him of assault. In the last week before she went missing it has been reported by ppl she knew from school that Aundria (adopted name) A lexis (name from birth to 15 mths) looked troubled and appeared to be unkept. Aundria had blood on her on the school bus days later reported the assault to her counselor @ school who reported it to family and police. Aundria was sent back into the home and vanished on March 11, 1989 the same day her adoptive father called police and reported Aundria had committed larceny and run away to find her real mother.
    Last edited by blighted star; 12-18-2013 at 01:06 AM.

Last edited by blighted star; 12-18-2013 at 01:03 AM.

That's heartbreaking. I feel terrible for the birth mother.

And I hate cases like this, where it seems like they have a pretty good idea of what happened to her, but no evidence to bring anyone to trial.

I've seen her face on missing pages for so long & it always bugged me that I knew her years ago, she just seemed so familiar, which was crazy because I've never been to the U.S & it's not real likely she made it to Australia.

Then one of the sites I read mentioned she'd been one of the missing kids in that old Soul Asylum vid for Runaway Train or whatever it was. They had to pull the first one because they used a bunch of Milat's backpacker victims who of course had never runaway from home at all. Now it looks like they used another kid who never ran

At least now I know why she's familiar.

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar
    why do they always give people most godawful hairstyles in reconstruction pics?

this case is really sad. I can't believe they just took the word of the man who was accused of assaulting her! what the fuck?! *uh.....yeah.......she stole from me and ran away. I didnt murder her and hide her body, I swear!*
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

Very sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    I've seen her face on missing pages for so long & it always bugged me that I knew her years ago, she just seemed so familiar, which was crazy because I've never been to the U.S & it's not real likely she made it to Australia.

Then one of the sites I read mentioned she'd been one of the missing kids in that old Soul Asylum vid for Runaway Train or whatever it was. They had to pull the first one because they used a bunch of Milat's backpacker victims who of course had never runaway from home at all. Now it looks like they used another kid who never ran

At least now I know why she's familiar.
    What is that??

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    What is that??

Ivan Milat was Sydney's first internationally known serial killer. He preyed on hitch hikers & overseas backpackers. He drank at my local pubs & clubs & at the time he was arrested lived on the hill opposite my parents. Which was kind of freaky to find out.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backpacker_murders

(& I found out I can't know her face from the Soul Asylum vid, they did a different version with local missing cases for each country. If there were Backpacker victims in the one I remember, it had to be an "Australian missing" version. So I'm stumped again - it's yet more proof that memory's extremely unreliable I guess)

Ivan Milat was Sydney's first internationally known serial killer. He preyed on hitch hikers & overseas backpackers. He drank at my local pubs & clubs & at the time he was arrested lived on the hill opposite my parents. Which was kind of freaky to find out.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backpacker_murders

(& I found out I can't know her face from the Soul Asylum vid, they did a different version with local missing cases for each country. If there were Backpacker victims in the one I remember, it had to be an "Australian missing" version. So I'm stumped again - it's yet more proof that memory's extremely unreliable I guess)
    Thanks! Will have to read up on that when I get time.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

From her birth mum on the anniversary of her disappearance, earlier this year

https://m.facebook.com/FindAundriaMBowman?fref=nf

Find Aundria M Bowman Posted March 10 at 1:04pm ?

Tomorrow, March 11 will be the 26th anniversary of the last verified sighting of Alexis. Many of you have been asking me to explain the circumstances of my daughter’s life with her adopted family, and her disappearance. So I will explain it as briefly as possible.

In 1976, my daughter Alexis was adopted in Norfolk Virginia by Dennis and Brenda Bowman. Dennis had just gotten out of the Navy, and after they adopted Alexis, they named her Aundria and moved back to their home state of Michigan.

I call her by her original name Alexis. In 1980, when Alexis was 5 years old, Dennis was arrested and charged with attempted murder in connection with an assault on K.A. (18) of West Olive MI. Bowman, while riding a motorcycle along Lakeshore Drive near Kirk Park, spotted KA riding her bicycle alongside the highway. After a couple of U-turns and a couple of passes by KA, he pulled up to her from behind and forced her off the road. He then pulled out a handgun and ordered her to get off of her bicycle and walk into the adjacent woods.

KA stayed seated on her bicycle and didn’t comply. Dennis became agitated, and yelled at her that if she didn’t do what he said, he would “blow a hole right through” her. He fired two shots, one passing her to her right, and the other at the ground next to her foot. Just about then, a motorist in a pickup truck approached on the highway. As Dennis looked back at the truck, KA peddled out into the highway in front of the truck. The truck stopped, and she threw her bicycle into the back and jumped in. The driver of the truck took her away from the scene to her home, and she called the police. Bowman fled, but was apprehended by police shortly afterward, and KA subsequently positively ID'd Dennis as her attacker. He admitted in court that his intent was to engage in (as he put it) “forced sexual relations” with KA.

He pled guilty to "Assault with intent to commit criminal sexual conduct", and spent five years in the Michigan state prison. While Dennis was incarcerated in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, Brenda and Alexis moved up to Kincheloe, and Alexis attended school in Rudyard. In 1986, Dennis was paroled, and not long after that, they moved to Allegan County. Alexis was enrolled in Hamilton High School. Several people have told us that the Bowmans were well known in the neighborhood as strange people. We have also been told by several of Alexis’ classmates that Alexis was teased and bullied in high school. Boys who dated her were urged by their parents to stay away from her because of her family’s reputation.

In December 1987, Brenda gave birth to a daughter Vanessa.

In 1989, Alexis reported to the school counselor that she had been “abused” by her father. The police got involved, but they did not take her allegations seriously. Instead, they advised Alexis that she needed to understand her responsibilities around the household, and advised the Bowmans to do what they need to do to ensure that they don’t have to return.

In March 1989. Dennis reported to the police that Alexis stole $100 from him and ran away. A few months later, the Bowmans moved to a different residence in Allegan County, and they have lived at that location ever since. On several occasions Brenda called the police to report that Alexis had been seen in the city of Holland by various persons. According to Brenda, the persons who saw Alexis said that she was obviously pregnant, and she had bleached her hair blonde. But police were never able to verify any of these alleged sightings.

In 1998, Nine years after Alexis was last seen, Dennis was arrested again for breaking into the home of a co-worker V.V., whom Dennis had been stalking. When police searched Dennis’ home, they found V.V.’s underwear and lingerie in a tote bag. Also in the tote bag was a Halloween mask, dark clothing , and an illegal sawed-off shotgun. The door to V.V.’s home had been forced open with a crowbar, and the corners of her curtains were cut to allow someone to see in to her bedroom from outside. In a letter to the judge pleading for leniency, Dennis stated that he is the proud father of two “lovely” daughters, one 11, and the other 25. He made no mention of the fact that the 25 year old daughter (who actually would have been 24 at the time) had been missing for a decade.

For breaking and entering the home of V.V., he spent another year in county jail.

Other than the unconfirmed “sightings” reported by Brenda, In the 25 years since Alexis allegedly stole $100 and ran away, she hasn’t been seen by anyone.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    From her birth mum on the anniversary of her disappearance, earlier this year

https://m.facebook.com/FindAundriaMBowman?fref=nf
    I have followed this case for years. I am not sure why, but something about her has always looked familiar (like Blighted said) ~ maybe it is the video from Soul Asylum, but I cannot be sure.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    I have followed this case for years. I am not sure why, but something about her has always looked familiar (like Blighted said) ~ maybe it is the video from Soul Asylum, but I cannot be sure.
    SAME! It's like I know her from somewhere. Weird.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I know!!

How is that Dennis guy even walking the streets?

Yep. It's fucked isn't it. I follow her real mum on twitter too. She's always helping other people with their missing cases

Aundria Bowman

I live across the street from what were her adoptive parents. They are weird and crazy people. Not very friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrev View Post
    I live across the street from what were her adoptive parents. They are weird and crazy people. Not very friendly.
    If you haven't been in touch with her birth mum she'd probably really like to talk to you. I can find you a contact link if you need one

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    She looks a lot like Jo from The Facts of Life.

Atrev - do you ever see their other daughter?
    Ever had a conversation?

Yes, I see her she moved back in with her parents recently. She was gone for a while and hardly came to visit her parents. I've never talked to her but did go to school with her when I was younger. I sometimes see them in their yard. They mostly stay inside. Her dad has tried making communication to us here and there.

They are a very weird family and crazy. The wife is not friendly. They are very odd and he comes off very creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrev View Post
    They are a very weird family and crazy. The wife is not friendly. They are very odd and he comes off very creepy.
    That's not surprising when you consider his criminal history. If I lived near him I'd invest in strong locks, super heavy curtains & I'd probably consider setting up some little footprint traps outside my windows so I could tell if anyone had been standing under them at night. He must be pretty elderly by now, but still, there's no way I'd drop my guard around him.

Allegan County again. Charming place.

I guess after your first murder, subsequent murders are a breeze. Glad she was finally found. Hope he rots in hell.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

I can't believe I missed this last year. I just searched her name for updates because the Soul Asylum song made me think of her

Her whole story is just so fucking tragic & I hope they release the names of the cops who forced her to go back to a violent sex offender instead of protecting her

I also hope they don't let that evil old fuck die of covid in prison until he's been convicted for what he did to her

Just going to add this relatively recent interview with her mum so I don't bump the thread for nothing

https://people.com/crime/mom-searche...n-gut-feeling/

Mom Searched for Daughter She Placed for Adoption and Uncovered a Killer: 'I Had A Gut Feeling'
    Cathy Terkanian connected with online sleuths and reached out to authorities in Michigan about her daughter?s case

By Christine Pelisek September 30, 2020 09:59 AM

Cathy Terkanian | CREDIT: JOSH REYNOLDS
    There wasn?t a day that went by that Cathy Terkanian didn?t think about the daughter she placed for adoption in the 1970s, when Cathy was a teenager.

?My fantasy was she had the best life,? Terkanian, 62, tells PEOPLE.

Terkanian, a retired nurse, decided she would wait until her daughter was a teenager before she would search for her.

?I would not mess with her life as a young kid,? she says. ?So I left it alone until she was about 15.?

Her heart sank when she learned the daughter she'd named Alexis had a closed adoption but in 2010, she received a letter from Social Services asking her to get in touch.

?I thought I was going to meet her,? Terkanian recalls in this week?s issue of PEOPLE.

Instead, she was told that Alexis had gone missing in March 1989, when she was just 14 years old -- but Social Services refused to reveal her name or her adoptive parents' names. They did tell her the state where her daughter had gone missing, though, so Terkanian and her husband Edward became Internet sleuths. Soon they uncovered the name of her missing daughter, Aundria Bowman, on a Michigan police website.

?It was such a shock,? Terkanian remembers, ?and then we got to work.?

Aundria Michelle Bowman | CREDIT: NATIONAL CENTER FOR MISSING AND EXPLOITED CHILDREN
    For more on Cathy Terkanian's search, subscribe now to PEOPLE, or pick up this week?s issue, on newsstands Friday.

Terkanian learned that Aundria had told school friends she had been molested by her adoptive father, Dennis Bowman. She also learned that Bowman, a Naval reservist, pled guilty to assault with intent to commit criminal sexual conduct in a 1980 case involving a 19-year-old woman he tried to lure into the woods.

″I was like, ?This guy did this,'″ she says. ″I had a gut feeling about him."

Terkanian reached out to authorities in Michigan about her daughter?s case, passed out fliers where Alexis went missing and worked with a private investigator.

?I was just absolutely determined to find out what happened,? she says.

Sadly, Terkanian finally got her answer. In Nov. 2019, Bowman was charged with murder after DNA linked him to the murder of 25-year-old Kathleen Doyle, a Navy pilot?s wife who was found raped, strangled and stabbed in her Norfolk, Virginia, home in 1980. In June, Bowman, 71, pleaded guilty to murder, rape and burglary and was sentenced to life in prison.

Bowman allegedly admitted to detectives in Dec. 2019 that he'd hit Aundria during an argument, causing her to fall down the stairs and break her neck.

Dennis Bowman | CREDIT: ALLEGAN COUNTY, MICH., SHERIFF'S OFFICE/AP/SHUTTERSTOCK

RELATED: Man Previously Arrested for Killing of Another Woman Is Now Charged for Murder and Mutilation of Daughter

In February 2020, authorities found Aundria's remains in Bowman?s backyard. Bowman has since been charged with homicide, child abuse and mutilation of a human body. He has yet to enter a plea.

?I felt her kind of lift out of me,? says Terkanian.

Now, Terkanian plans to have her daughter?s adoption annulled and have her name changed back to Alexis.

?I'm having her cremated and bringing her home with me,? she says. ?She's my child. She belongs with me. No mother would do otherwise. And then when I'm buried, she'll be buried with me.?

I can't imagine giving up a child for adoption only to have her murdered by her adoptive parents. I wonder if she'll face any legal challenges to claiming her daughter's body?
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Thread Information