Page 26 of 68 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast

Thread: Jahi McMath (13) died for real five years after she was declared brain dead following surgery complications

I feel something close to embarrassment for them at this point...

Quote Originally Posted by becoming View Post
    I feel something close to embarrassment for them at this point...
    I kind of do to but just to a point. I see desperation in them. I think the mom jumped the gun in her comments and I did read that the lawyer made the comment about the outcome for this child is 'grim' and I thought to myself 'ya think? '.

Phone posting but I just read on the previous page that they saw possible brain activity during the transfer?
    Couldn't that just be from moving her and messing with her body? Like involuntary activity?

Quote Originally Posted by White trash bitchy blonde View Post
    Phone posting but I just read on the previous page that they saw possible brain activity during the transfer?
    Couldn't that just be from moving her and messing with her body? Like involuntary activity?
    I think they think they see activity everywhere, like how some people see lambs in clouds.

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    I think they think they see activity everywhere, like how some people see lambs in clouds.
    I thought maybe if that were true and they saw activity it was because of the transfer itself,not actually her.

She has already passed on, it reminds me of that funeral home that propped that one guy up on his motorcycle for the viewing.
    The parents only see that child breathing and they aren't going to give up until they see her start to decompose and even then I don't think they can handle it.
    She hasn't had nutrition ina month,how is her body supposed to handle that?
    I think saying your goodbyes is the hardest thing ever and they haven't grasped that. I think when it comes down to it and they pull her vent, these parents are going to lose it.
    I've lost family members just like everyone here but I've never lost a child. I'm not sure howi would handle this.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Man, this is fucking sad. I think her parents are really deluded morons but I still feel bad for them to be in such deep denial.
    This!

Quote Originally Posted by emmieslost View Post
    i feel bad for them, too. i think too many other idiots with agendas are giving them false hope. seeing the uncle talk about all the 'brain dead' children he has met solidified that for me. not the same as i felt for terri's parents, who are just greedy assholes, imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash bitchy blonde View Post
    I kind of do to but just to a point. I see desperation in them. I think the mom jumped the gun in her comments and I did read that the lawyer made the comment about the outcome for this child is 'grim' and I thought to myself 'ya think? '.
    And this!

I feel so sorry for them. The poor child is dead, and damn those people giving them false hope. She is in no way like TS, TS was in a PVS, Jahi is dead. They're going to have to realize this sooner rather than later. Her body is decaying from the inside out...won't she start stinking soon?

I felt horrible for this family when all this started.....now, not so much. At what point do you put what your loved one would have wanted above your wants and needs? I can't believe Jahi would have wanted to live like this, I can't imagine anyone would. I can only excuse their ignorance for so long. I mean really how DO they think she would be if she did "come back"? I don't really think they have an agenda, but this has left sad and ran headlong into bizarre. Everyone trying to profit from this should be drawn and quartered. I would really like to know what ultimately caused her to bleed out, etc.

And TS family are horrid little people. To now honor the wishes of your loved one is beyond reprehensible.

Ive been half following this story - so sad.
    From a strictly emotional, superstitious perspective, I think of this incident that occurred when I was in college.(in the 90s, no less)
    I worked as a clerk in the ER and ICU of a local hospital, and a guy came in from a motorcycle accident with a bad head injury.He was in ICU for weeks, and the doctors did at the time the final test to determine brain death. They did the tes that day, I came in in the afternoon and the nurses said the family was pulling the vent the next day, as the test concluded there was no brain activity.
    Dude fucking woke up.
    Not- half blinked, moved his hadn - this guy opened his eyes, acknowledged people and once they go the tube out was able to speak. Like every cheesy "guy in a coma" movie ever.
    This does not happen, will not happen here either, and the technoloigy has advanced so much - again Im posting only because this is what goes through my brain in these situations...what if? Dude was 12 hours from being dead. If I was in this position with someone I loved, I cannot help that this is something I would think of.
    You're entitled to your own opinions. You're not entitled to your own facts.- D. Moynihan
    Quote Originally Posted by aquatwins View Post
    I WILL STICK MY DICK IN YOUR HEAD

My husband and i were talking aout this last night and he said he thinks that he would probably feel the same as the family but he also said he would hope he would be surrounded by medical professionals giving facts and even showing us brain scans that show no activity.
    His stancce is that if the family wants to keep her 'alive' then they should be able to but to me, it's become soo much.

And like what monter said, there have been those people who were in a coma or declared brain dead and somehow overcame those odds but to me, those cases were miracles no doubt.
    He also said 'well, if the parents can keep up with these medical costs than by all eans let them do it but they really arent able to considering they are needing donations to do things. At some point their insurance is gonna say 'no more' if they havent already.

What bothers me is that they are literally watching her decompose right in front of them. The things posted yesterday about not bowel sounds and the one bowel movement being the way it was *shudder*; I would NEVER want to remember my loved one that way. Ever. But yeah, what Monter said and the story she shared and stories like that, miraculous no doubt!

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    This is the thing. Are they saying this because they refuse to be wrong? Or because they really believe it? The Lawyer has been lying. And I'm convinced that the Family has too when it came to finding LTCs. At least being deceptive when relating to the LTCs what her condition really was. Dolan said the initial LTCs backed out because of the press. But a couple backed out after talking to the hospital which leads me to believe that they weren't given accurate information by the Family & Lawyer.

I think they know exactly what the situation is but it's snowballed to the point of no return now. So they're going top wait until her heart stops and blame the hospital for starving her. Rather than doing the right thing and putting her to rest. That's why I lost sympathy for then.

Wait ... what? You said the family lied about the very existence of LTCs willing to accept Jahi. You called the LTCs imaginary, called the family a pack of liars and said they could kiss your ass.

So which is it? Was the family lying when they said there were facilities willing to take her, or were they lying TO the facilities about her condition? Because they certainly couldn't have lied to facilities that never existed to begin with.

If you think this family is a pack of liars, you are certainly entitled to your opinion, but at least make up your mind what it is they're lying about.

Seriously? So all of a sudden the (imaginary)LTC has agreed to take her? Who the fuck is this judge? Allowing the Family to keep doing this? This is disgusting. There's having trouble accepting your Daughter is dead. And then there is using her dead body as a spectacle. Family just lost HUGE points with me.
    Sorry to say this. But this Family is a pack of liars with Dolan as their leader and leaves Jahi's body in the middle with no proper burial. The Family has sunk to new lows to get what they want and I don't care if their motivation is either because they're delusional or because of wanting the drama, attention and book deal. Either way it's despicable.

Funny. When I said "imaginary" LTC a few posts back... I was dead on! Because I already know these people. I'm praying her heart stops. The Family can kiss my ass.
    Not that I personally KNOW these people. That I know the type.
    Liars. They have an agenda. And they don't care who it hurts along the way. Including her legacy. Selfish assholes. Every last one of them.

Did you consider the possibly that some of the facilities agreed to take Jahi as long as she had a feeding tube/trach, but when they spoke to the hospital and were told that the hospital would absolutely NOT do the procedures, they backed out? It seems silly to assume the LTC administrators were living in a bubble and didn't know what was going on ... "Gee, the family said Jahi was just a little under the weather, and we didn't know she was brain dead until the hospital told us, because we never watch the news or read the interwebs. What's Google?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TupeloHoney View Post
    Wait ... what? You said the family lied about the very existence of LTCs willing to accept Jahi. You called the LTCs imaginary, called the family a pack of liars and said they could kiss your ass.

So which is it? Was the family lying when they said there were facilities willing to take her, or were they lying TO the facilities about her condition? Because they certainly couldn't have lied to facilities that never existed to begin with.

If you think this family is a pack of liars, you are certainly entitled to your opinion, but at least make up your mind what it is they're lying about.

Did you consider the possibly that some of the facilities agreed to take Jahi as long as she had a feeding tube/trach, but when they spoke to the hospital and were told that the hospital would absolutely NOT do the procedures, they backed out? It seems silly to assume the LTC administrators were living in a bubble and didn't know what was going on ... "Gee, the family said Jahi was just a little under the weather, and we didn't know she was brain dead until the hospital told us, because we never watch the news or read the interwebs. What's Google?"
    My feeling is both. With the very first LTCs that did exist and step forward I have a feeling they were deceptive about Jahi's condition. Part of the reason I believe this is because after that the hospital insisted that they personally speak to any LTC that is willing to take her.

Once they figured out that No legitimate LTC would be willing to take Jahi I believe the Lawyer (with the family's knowledge) claimed they had other LTCs who had stepped forward in order to convince the judge to extend the deadline.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Double post:

So yes. I think they have been lying. They may look at it as white lies. But I do believe they haven't been upfront along the way.

ETA: and to answer your question about the LTCs being in a bubble, the very first ones to step forward were probably not aware of the Neurologist from Stanford examining her. In the beginning they hadn't widely reported it.

New Beginnings isn't a legitimate LTC. They're an Outpatient Rehab. Brendan House is still being built. Thus the "imaginary" LTC. The Lawyer refused to name the facility and the hospital had stated that No LTC had contacted them while they were fighting to extend the deadline.
    Last edited by Boston Babe 73; 01-08-2014 at 01:27 PM.

twitter:

Christopher Dolan @cbdlaw: I can Confirm that today trache & g tube procedure on Jahi McMath was a success, she is doing very well
    1/8/14 7:31 PM
    Christopher Dolan @cbdlaw: and now getting the treatment she should have gotten 28 days ago. Family is seeking to focus attention on Jahi and no press conference.
    1/8/14 7:31 PM
    Christopher Dolan @cbdlaw: Doctors are optimistic that her condition has stabilized and that her health is improving from when she was taken from CHO.
    1/8/13 7:32 PM
    See? All she needs is some NUTRITION so she can HEAL!
    Last edited by *crickets*; 01-08-2014 at 03:42 PM.

Color me stupid from migraine meds and being uber tired..... But without brain activity and needing machines to breathe for her..... How is her body going to "eat" the stuff from the g tube and process it? I realize these are involuntary things for a body to do, but a body with a working brain?
    Jenn

Nick Smith @nicksmithnews: #New: when asked for photo, video or location of 13-year-old, @cbdlaw: "safety and security" were cited as concerns.
    1/8/14 7:42 PM
    Pics or it didn't happen!

This is just sad. The backhanded comments about the hospital are just antagonistic.

Quote Originally Posted by DiaDeLosMuertos View Post
    Color me stupid from migraine meds and being uber tired..... But without brain activity and needing machines to breathe for her..... How is her body going to "eat" the stuff from the g tube and process it? I realize these are involuntary things for a body to do, but a body with a working brain?
    Digestion doesn't need a brain, like kidneys, liver, heart beat etc...all those functions continue for awhile after brain death, as long as the organs have not been damaged. Eventually they all get sepsis and die though.

In this case there is evidence Jahi's gut might have suffered some ischemia (lack of oxygen) and subsequent necrosis according to the pediatric critical care MD who took care of her at OCH. Could have happened during her arrest or possibly from vasopressin (she was on vasopressin according to the Stanford neurologist whe examined her on 12/24.) Vasopressin has intestinal ischemia as a possible side effect.

I have no idea what is actually going on here.
    Last edited by *crickets*; 01-08-2014 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    This is just sad. The backhanded comments about the hospital are just antagonistic.
    This. Another reason why I lost sympathy for the Family. They're making it look like this Hospital tortured her just for fun or something.

So do they really think she's going to "pull through" and "wake up" one day?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    So do they really think she's going to "pull through" and "wake up" one day?
    Well don't you?!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

Her mother posted: 'Jahi had surgery this morning and it was successful!! Now I can kiss her lips without that damn tube in the way and now she can get nutrition!!'

'Thank you Lord! My child will heal. I believe it.'

Jahi's sister added that she will be 'finally receiving nutrition' for the first time since December 8. 'We are praying for a strong recovery,' she wrote.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2prtHyV81

Um...ewwwww.

I wonder if she is starting to smell?

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

Dolan announced last night that Jahi now has a feeding tube and trach.

Will she actually decompose while she is still hooked up or actually start to breakdown?? That thought horrifies me!

Thread Information