Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Jahi McMath (13) died for real five years after she was declared brain dead following surgery complications

Quote Originally Posted by hamdinger125 View Post
    I don't know... my grandmother was in a coma for like six months when she was 20-ish and they wanted to take her off life support but the family refused. She did eventually wake up. I know "coma" and "brain dead" aren't the same thing. I do have a lot of sympathy for this family. It's hard to accept that someone so young could be dead, especially from what is thought of as a routine procedure. Like Boston said, they used to do them all the time.

How was the surgery successful if she was brain dead?
    This is the part that most people do not understand. Coma shows brain activity. Brain dead shows no brain activity. Coma=alive. Brain dead=dead.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    ..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar
    a nuclear medicine study showing a brain with confirmed blood flow:

a nuclear medicine study showing brain death:

notice in the first pic, the brain is lit up with the radioactive tracer that the patients blood has been injected with, showing that there is blood perfusion of the brain matter. in the second pic, the skull looks like an empty cavity. there is no uptake of the radiotracer. the tissue has died, so the blood supply can no longer enter the brain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

I love my science nerds.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

* wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    Really, we're doing this again?

Eta: I just looked up the recap. I though you were kidding. WTF!
    Nah, I'm not that creative.

Quote Originally Posted by hamdinger125 View Post
    How was the surgery successful if she was brain dead?
    To clarify, she had the surgery, which was a success, and then had a stroke.
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

Quote Originally Posted by neenerneener View Post

notice in the first pic, the brain is lit up with the radioactive tracer that the patients blood has been injected with, showing that there is blood perfusion of the brain matter. in the second pic, the skull looks like an empty cavity. there is no uptake of the radiotracer. the tissue has died, so the blood supply can no longer enter the brain.

The unfortunate thing is many people still do not believe the nuc med studies and that's the most definitive test done to confirm brain death.

..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Did Morbid just cheer brain death?

Anyway.... Yea, no blood, no brain, no you.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

I was cheering that neener provided images of an actual scan that confirms blood flow. So, I guess, in an sense, I did cheer brain death. I was going for the educational component of her post though.

Quote Originally Posted by neenerneener View Post

Thanks for this, totally illustrates the situation.

These people need to research brain death and see what the chances are that she will wake up.. I am sure the doctors told them but they don't want to listen..And as for a family member being a nurse can't she tell them that the kid waking up ain't going to happen??

I saw this comment on the facebook
    "Vanessa Obligacion My little brother was in the same hospital for 3 1/2 Months on life support and in a coma for 3 weeks and they said he was brain dead and if he was to even survive he would be a vegetable.....Today my brother is 17 years old getting ready to graduate from high school and go off to college he is fully functional and walking and taking like ur avenge 17 year old boy. If it wasn't for my mother fighting for his life refusing to let them pull the plug he probably wouldn't have life today... They need to leave it to God to declare if this child pulls through .They need to do there job and make sure all her medical equipment is working properly to keep this child alive as they would do for their own child instead of trying to be "LEGAL MURDERS" because pulling that plug is exactly what it will make them. My prayers are with her and her family in what has to be one of the hardest times in their lives.",....

Really doubt this happened...Or else the kid was a "miracle"..

Quote Originally Posted by Just Me View Post
    These people need to research brain death and see what the chances are that she will wake up.. I am sure the doctors told them but they don't want to listen..And as for a family member being a nurse can't she tell them that the kid waking up ain't going to happen??
    The probably do google and find stories like the FB post you found below. As far as the nurse telling them the kid won't wake up; she was quoted as saying she thought the kid WILL wake up if they just give her time.

"Vanessa Obligacion My little brother was in the same hospital for 3 1/2 Months on life support and in a coma for 3 weeks and they said he was brain dead and if he was to even survive he would be a vegetable.....Today my brother is 17 years old getting ready to graduate from high school and go off to college he is fully functional and walking and taking like ur avenge 17 year old boy. If it wasn't for my mother fighting for his life refusing to let them pull the plug he probably wouldn't have life today... They need to leave it to God to declare if this child pulls through .They need to do there job and make sure all her medical equipment is working properly to keep this child alive as they would do for their own child instead of trying to be "LEGAL MURDERS" because pulling that plug is exactly what it will make them. My prayers are with her and her family in what has to be one of the hardest times in their lives.",....

I saw that FB post and was biting my tongue to respond. My BP can't take reading that page.

Weren't they going against God when they plugged the machines in?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Weren't they going against God when they plugged the machines in?

They never understand how these things work.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post

They never understand how these things work.
    Could you imagine there's a creator that is pissed as hell cause we're holding people in hospital beds on Earth while he's trying to get them to Heaven for some important shit? OMG I would actually love that.

Could you imagine there's a creator that is pissed as hell cause we're holding people in hospital beds on Earth while he's trying to get them to Heaven for some important shit? OMG I would actually love that.
    People are crying and praying for their loved ones to make it to heaven and Jesus is screaming "I'M TRYING, ASSHOLES."

Can we make a movie just all about how Jesus facepalms all over christians?

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    People are crying and praying for their loved ones to make it to heaven and Jesus is screaming "I'M TRYING, ASSHOLES."

Can we make a movie just all about how Jesus facepalms all over christians?
    That's a decent premise actually.

That's a decent premise actually.
    Only if Morgan Freeman is God....again.

I cant even look at that fb page anymore. it so hard to believe that there are people who are THAT stupid. like, how are they still alive? they should all have fallen off ladders set on stairs, or been pinned under a cow they were trying to tip over.

Maybe it's because I'm not a parent so I don't understand it. But, these parents are a little delusional.

I realize calling them delusional is a little mean, but come on....

newest post:

Keep Jahi Mcmath on life support
    23 hours ago

Family members have been hoping for a recovery, though, and have accused doctors of pressuring them to remove Jahi from machines that are helping her breathe. The girl's uncle, Omari Sealey, hand-delivered a cease-and-desist letter to doctors on Tuesday written by San Francisco attorney Christopher Dolan.

The letter cited the California Patient Bill of Rights and asked top hospital officials to 'refrain from any actions or activities which would remove Jahi from life support' until there is a 'judicial determination' in the matter.

"If they move without our consent after having this letter in their hands," Sealey said, "they're just creating more problems for themselves."

On Tuesday afternoon, Dolan, surrounded by family members, said the hospital had agreed to keep Jahi on life support indefinitely, even as a second test Tuesday confirmed the girl had no brain activity. "There is no timeline currently," he said. "That gives the family time to hold a prayer vigil (Wednesday night) and seek to have some kind of divine intervention."
    they are destroying their chances of figuring out what killed her. mT had an interesting point when she brought up the medical costs of keeping a dead girl's body alive. i wonder if the parents have considered this at all.
    Last edited by animosity; 12-19-2013 at 10:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by Music View Post
    I realize calling them delusional is a little mean, but come on....
    It isn't mean. It's the truth. This girl is dead and the family has delusions of the girl waking up from the dead.

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    newest post:

they are destroying their chances of figuring out what killed her. mT had an interesting point when she brought up the medical costs of keeping a dead girl's body alive. i wonder if the parents have considered this at all.

I'm wondering if anyone has told them. Or, maybe the staff has told them and that's one of the things the family is saying is "pressuring" them to turn the vent off. They are going to shit a brick when they get the hospital bill. I don't even know if they have insurance, but if they do, the insurance will not pay for the costs after the pronouncement of death.

Insurance doesn't cover dead people for some odd reason. *sarcasm*

Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post
    They are going to shit a brick when they get the hospital bill. I don't even know if they have insurance, but if they do, the insurance will not pay for the costs after the pronouncement of death.

Insurance doesn't cover dead people for some odd reason. *sarcasm*
    Meh. They'll recoup the money from the movie and book deal when this child walks out of the hospital. Or from the malpractice suit.

I think what happened to poor Jahi is tragic, but these people are making things worse much worse, than they need to be.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Thread Information