Page 55 of 68 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 1699

Thread: Jahi McMath (13) died for real five years after she was declared brain dead following surgery complications

The blankets are to cover the damn vent tube in her throat. They couldn't fool anyone if they had a scarf on her throat or a small blanket just covering the top portion of her body. The mountain of blankets are to cover the vent and wires keeping this kid's fluids and oxygen circulating so she can stay semi-fresh.
    Last edited by queenaevadamthng; 10-25-2015 at 05:29 AM.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

I bet they try to get her a driver's license next year and voting rights if she makes it to 18...

Quote Originally Posted by DevilzAdvocate View Post
    I bet they try to get her a driver's license next year and voting rights if she makes it to 18...

Shush! You will be giving them ideas!!! ;-)

I wasn't sure, I thought they had her in a special facility. Didn't they have her in one at one point right after?

Is it the parents apartment?

What Tupelo pointed out. This is nothing more than a cash grab. These people are fucking disgusting.
    Getting arrested for coke in Vegas is like being found eating a chocolate bar in the willy wonka factory.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Key West Digger View Post
    Hummm Wonder why her eyes are covered? Not to mention she is covered from the neck down.
    Because she's dead and dead people get cold and need blankets

Yeah. They certainly don't want people to see her real condition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by White trash bitchy blonde View Post
    I wasn't sure, I thought they had her in a special facility. Didn't they have her in one at one point right after?

Is it the parents apartment?

Yeah, for a while we all thought she was in a facility, but it finally came out that she's in an apartment. The mom and stepdad still have their house in California, but they live in the apartment in New Jersey with Jahi. There was a story a few pages back about them being behind on the rent.

Quote Originally Posted by strmmrgrrl View Post
    What Tupelo pointed out. This is nothing more than a cash grab. These people are fucking disgusting.

And this is exactly why that lawyer glommed onto them when the hospital was about to pull the plug. At the time, a bunch of trial lawyers in California were trying to get a ballot measure passed to raise that $250,000 malpractice cap to $1 million. The referendum failed in November 2014, so then they tried to get the California Supreme Court to declare the cap unconstitutional. The court said NOPE earlier this year.

But all hope is not lost! If they can get the courts to rule that Jahi is "alive," it could set a precedent for future cases that could make him very rich if he were to represent families in similar situations.

Dolla dolla bill y'all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

This is an old video but I don't remember seeing this exact clip before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    SMH. White people! Always trying to help and shit.

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    She's yellowing..they've probably put makeup on her to neutralize it but she definitely appears a bit jaundiced.
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

The mother's case to "declare Jahi alive and invalidate the death certificate" has moved to federal court - http://www.sfgate.com/news/medical/a...-s-6718586.php

Check out the latest video on Jahi's FB page. Super creepy that someone gave Jahi fake nails. https://www.facebook.com/keepJahiMcmathonlifesupport

Wonder if the 24-hour a day care costs have gone past the $250k the family wants to win in court...

Quote Originally Posted by mydeathspace View Post
    The mother's case to "declare Jahi alive and invalidate the death certificate" has moved to federal court - http://www.sfgate.com/news/medical/a...-s-6718586.php

Check out the latest video on Jahi's FB page. Super creepy that someone gave Jahi fake nails. https://www.facebook.com/keepJahiMcmathonlifesupport

Wonder if the 24-hour a day care costs have gone past the $250k the family wants to win in court...
    If you're only discovering the fake nails now, you're seriously behind Son. Hello Mike, welcome to your site. You should stick around

Just being snarky lol. Yeah, doing her nails is the favorite pastime of Mom.

I was sure there was a Christmas miracle when I saw this thread bumped. But no. Just more nonsense.

Well, declaring her alive would bring in an interesting aspect. They could Sue for damages in a different way and milk even more out of the system. Then she "dies". Can they file another suit then for wrongful death and double dip? I'm not familiar with the laws and if they cap it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    If you're only discovering the fake nails now, you're seriously behind Son. Hello Mike, welcome to your site. You should stick around

Just being snarky lol. Yeah, doing her nails is the favorite pastime of Mom.
    I wasn't going to read back through 50+ incredible pages to find that out! lol

I wonder what Jahi's nails will look like for her wedding.

Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I wonder what Jahi's nails will look like for her wedding.
    Similar to Gina's nails I suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by mydeathspace View Post
    I wasn't going to read back through 50+ incredible pages to find that out! lol
    Slacker.

I thought the mom was trying to sue for wrongful death? I cannot believe Jahi is 15 now!

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I thought the mom was trying to sue for wrongful death? I cannot believe Jahi is 15 now!
    Exactly. That's why I'm wondering about it being a double dip. Mama needs a new pair of fuck me pumps and Red Diamond Wine

Between the ocean and shitty farm fields, California
    so she's still undead?
    Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post
    I want that fucking meat.

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Quote Originally Posted by PunkerDuckie View Post
    so she's still undead?
    Well hell yes! Look at them lively nails!
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    They're suing for malpractice. (They would get laughed out of court if they tried to sue for wrongful death while simultaneously claiming she's still alive.)

Because she was declared dead, the most money they can get from a malpractice suit is $250,000. If they can get the death ruling reversed (like they're trying to do), they can then sue for lots of money for her long-term care. I think there are several articles about it on the previous page.

As far as whether they can come back later (after she "dies") to sue for wrongful death, I really don't know. IF the death ruling is reversed, and IF the hospital decided to settle the malpractice suit (including her long-term care), I would think they would put something in the settlement saying the family can't sue later for wrongful death. But I'm not an expert on the matter by any stretch of the imagination.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

An addition to my "IFs":

IF the death ruling is reversed but the family LOSES the malpractice suit, I would think ... just my wild guess ... it would be difficult for the family to sue for wrongful death later if there's already a court ruling saying the hospital was not negligent.

If the death ruling stands, maybe the family could add wrongful death to their malpractice suit ... I really have no idea on that.

I shutter to think what will happen if the federal court does overturn the "dead" ruling.

Alive- the girl would be more profitable.

An updated article

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...th-ruling.html

Jahi's family is now asking a federal judge to declare Jahi alive and invalidate the death certificate. If that happens, insurance companies will be required to pay for her medical treatment, says lawyer Chris Dolan, who represents Jahi's family.

Dolan says insurance companies are paying for Jahi's nursing care and around-the-clock treatment with a ventilator in New Jersey, the only state in the country that requires medical treatment of patients like McMath who are declared dead but show minimal brain function.
    McMath's family, led by her mother Nailah Winkfield, want a federal court to invalidate the death certificate so they can care for their daughter in their home in Oakland.

'I want her to have the same rights as any other disabled kid,' Winkfield said.

McMath's mother says her daughter show some signs of life, including the twitching of fingers and toes.

Thread Information