Page 15 of 68 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast

Thread: Jahi McMath (13) died for real five years after she was declared brain dead following surgery complications

Quote Originally Posted by *crickets* View Post
    It gets even better...guess who the pediatrician who swears Jahi is not dead is? 3 guesses and the first 2 don't count:

From their website--it is an OUTPATIENT facility:

http://www.nbli.org/

Core Team
    Allyson Scerri, Founder and President

Allyson Scerri has worked with the public for three decades as owner of a thriving beauty salon and successful hair and make-up platform artist. Her work as a social advocate and leader in the health field began years ago when she started a support group for women with infertility problems. This led to a public documentary to raise awareness for in vitro fertilization and the filming of a national commercial on the issue. When Scerri's father suffered a traumatic brain injury (TBI), she employed her natural ability to help others by organizing a walkathon with friend Kate DiMeglio. Together, they significantly raised awareness for traumatic brain injury. Scerri also started a TBI support group at the Long Island State Veterans home and has since founded New Beginnings Community Center, calling on the leadership sense she acquired from her father. Read more about Allyson Scerri's vision ?
    Steve Scerri, Vice President

Steven Scerri manages the daily operations of the xCellaSave. His business experience includes over two decades in the development and management of operations for businesses and real estate assets. Scerri?s management experience also includes the daily operations and finances of various companies he has founded, as well as Mt. Pleasant Cemetery in Center Moriches, N.Y., and three self-storage facilities. Previously, Scerri managed the asset preservation strategy of Barone Family Partnership, Ltd. and Bar-One Ranch, Ltd., serving as president of both. He is passionately involved in various charitable organizations and in 1996 was recognized by President William Jefferson Clinton, Trans World Airlines and New York state and local government officials for his recovery efforts during the TWA Flight 800 tragedy, as well as his work on a related memorial.
    Kate DiMeglio, Vice President

Kate DiMeglio is the sole caretaker of her son, Robert, a traumatic brain injury (TBI) survivor. On his 21st birthday, Robert sustained a severe head injury from a car accident that left him in a vegetative state for one year. Over the past 10 years Robert has made significant improvements, and he is able to participate in TBI therapies, but the journey for Robert and his family has been difficult. DiMeglio is the founder of the advocacy group The Long Island Chapter, where she also serves as president. This group is connected with the Long Island Chapter/Brain Injury Association of NYS. DiMeglio is honored and excited to serve on the board of New Beginnings. She has committed her life works to improving the quality of living for TBI survivors and their families by raising awareness through support groups, informative materials and events such as fundraisers and walks.

http://www.nbli.org/about/
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    [QUOTE=blighted star;3526073]
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    "Judge. I'd like to request my dead cat Shadow's ashes to be hooked up to a ventilator. She's alive! I blow on her ashes and they move! How can you explain that unless she's alive?"

Good Kitty!!!

Happy New Year Blighted! I know it's already happened in your neck of the woods.

Sorry to say this. But this Family is a pack of liars with Dolan as their leader and leaves Jahi's body in the middle with no proper burial. The Family has sunk to new lows to get what they want and I don't care if their motivation is either because they're delusional or because of wanting the drama, attention and book deal. Either way it's despicable.

Funny. When I said "imaginary" LTC a few posts back... I was dead on! Because I already know these people. I'm praying her heart stops. The Family can kiss my ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

[QUOTE=blighted star;3526073]
    "Judge. I'd like to request my dead cat Shadow's ashes to be hooked up to a ventilator. She's alive! I blow on her ashes and they move! How can you explain that unless she's alive?"

CHURCH!!!!!

I fucking hate people, excuse the language.

I just want to show off all these beautiful FB comments.

"She needs a breathing apparatus in order to be moved to a home for 24 hour care and the hospital that did the tonsil surgery says they don't do surgeries on dead bodies, but she isn't dead, they are just afraid that by doing the surgery for the breathing apparatus, a surgeon will see the mistake, that caused the coma, that the hospital is trying to keep quiet...PARENTS SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO MAKE DECISIONS FOR THEIR CHILD!!! ABSOLUTELY"

" tonsillectomy is done all the time and it's not complex surgery, there is something really wrong with the way the surgery was done and THAT caused her to bleed out like that and end up in a coma... AND you can't consent to have them almost kill you!!!!!" "When Jahi Mcmath wakes up from the coma, it will make big news around the world and ALL Jahi's family and supporters will remember this every Christmas!" She's not in a coma you stupid piece of shit.

" I would not let them touch my daughter. I think the hospital is being beyond rude to the family and they are the ones who have caused all of this. For them to mandate a coroner to bring her to a rehab facility and not by ambulance is absurd. They are being deliberately difficult when this family has been put through enough."

" It ain't over til God says it's over....and if her heart is still beating it ain't over...God is real and he is ABLE!"

"It takes 40 weeks for a child to be considered full term and I believe you should give her that at the least to see if she improves!! Just a mom speaking her opinion!!!!"

"I feel pain and sorrow for this family but this child went into surgery a common procedure and something happened ...something went wrong and that something is being covered up! I place myself in her parents shoesg and I would NEVER give up...she hasnt been allowed the proper diagnosis of being dead...they havent allowed the amount of time they need to do that.."

"Common Procedure??
    Did you read ANYTHING about all the problems this kid had?? The hospital hasn't said what happened because, by law, They are not allowed to. So you are getting a ONE-sided story from a bunch of blacks who have used the media to lie about the hospital. Hospitals don't wake up each day and kill people. They did what they could.
    You want to blame someone?? Blame the fucking fat ass mother for feeding her daughter nothing bu junk food her whole life. She had[she's brain dead] a daughter that was 13 but weigh as much as a 18 year old, had a uncontrollable bladder so she pissed herself all the time, have ADD, sleep apnoea and couldn't sleep. You think she was born with those problems??
    The kid is brain dead and will NEVER recover. So might as well pull the damn plug.
    God doesn't exist. If he did, your kid would still be around moron
    And she hasn't been give the proper diagnosis of being dead?? You stupid fuck!! TWO EXPERTS GAVE THE GIRL A BATTERY OF TESTS AND CONCLUDED SHE WAS FUCKING BRAIN DEAD AS IN A FUCKING CORPSE!!!"

"The hospital, as well as any competent medical professional, knows that performing a tracheotomy and inserting a feeding tube into a deceased person to further the psychosis of a family in denial raises serious ethical questions." AMEN.
    "why not be honest? she didn't have just a tonsillectomy, she also required 2 additional surgeries on her sinuses and airway, making this a complex case, sadly complicated be her underlying medical issues and the family outright refusing the follow post op orders by not following instructions not to take food in by mouth and following strict vocal rest. despite being given white boards to allow communication the family did not do this. family has stated in interviews the child was laughing and talking after surgery. vocal rest is required to allow the surgical sites to clot and begin healing to minimize the risk of hemorrhage. this was listed in the court documents. but every time these FACTS are posted, ya'll delete the posts. why all this secrecy? instead of acknowledging mistakes the family made they only want people to hear their version of events insisting on placing blame on the docs and nurses despite there being no trust" YES.

and much more lol. I hate people sometimes.

^^^^^^THIS is why I won't go near that page......

If someone is brain dead, will they start to decompose?
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    If someone is brain dead, will they start to decompose?
    no, because she is still being kept 'alive' artificially. she may develop pressure ulcers and other issues, however. at least, this is my understanding.

i haven't read about this case a whole lot, but saw it on the local news last night while i was at work and knew i had read about it here on MDS. these kinds of cases just fucking make me livid. people should have the right to die with dignity and what her family, the courts!, and some other medical 'professionals' is doing makes me rage.

Quote Originally Posted by emmieslost View Post
    no, because she is still being kept 'alive' artificially. she may develop pressure ulcers and other issues, however. at least, this is my understanding.

i haven't read about this case a whole lot, but saw it on the local news last night while i was at work and knew i had read about it here on MDS. these kinds of cases just fucking make me livid. people should have the right to die with dignity and what her family, the courts!, and some other medical 'professionals' is doing makes me rage.
    YES. Basically instead of letting her die with dignity, the Family et al has created a legacy for Jahi that consists of a media circus and mockery of her death. I'm sure she appreciates it.

I don't know how the science of the body works very well since it's not my area of work. It just seems weird to me that certain parts wouldn't start to decay when there's no brain activity. Like eyes, and shit. (not literally the shit)
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

YES. Basically instead of letting her die with dignity, the Family et al has created a legacy for Jahi that consists of a media circus and mockery of her death. I'm sure she appreciates it.
    i know that the case is FL was also brought up in here a few days ago. terri shiavo. ugh. this family needs to look at cases where this has happened before and consider the outcomes. now they could be being manipulated by lawyers and people with bigger agendas who don't have the best interest of jahi in mind.

I don't know how the science of the body works very well since it's not my area of work. It just seems weird to me that certain parts wouldn't start to decay when there's no brain activity. Like eyes, and shit. (not literally the shit)
    she has oxygen being pumped into her body which is keeping hear heart pumping blood to her organs. skin breakdown will be the first symptom she experiences, since she cannot get up and move or turn herself. blood clots are always a concern when people aren't up and moving.

she has oxygen being pumped into her body which is keeping hear heart pumping blood to her organs. skin breakdown will be the first symptom she experiences, since she cannot get up and move or turn herself. blood clots are always a concern when people aren't up and moving.
    Ok, that makes sense. I guess my train of thought was around what you said about her skin. I didn't even think about blood clots.

Ok, that makes sense. I guess my train of thought was around what you said about her skin. I didn't even think about blood clots.
    i'm sure they have SCDs on her legs, which are pumps they put on your legs that simulate what muscles do when you're walking. we use these on all our patients to prevent clots.

Last edited by emmieslost; 12-31-2013 at 08:50 AM.

Because science.

Amazing. Confusing as fuck. So thankful for it.

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar
    I hope she gets pneumonia or something. then she'll be able to finally *die.*
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    I don't think the family is doing the for publicity. Nor do I think they're doing it because they're trying to prepare for a lawsuit. I believe that they truly do not understand. Even I, and I don't think I'm a dummy, I like to think of myself as an autodidact, had trouble understand the difference between brain death and cardiac death. There's a lot of disinformation out there, which you can tell from my earlier post in this thread. They do not understand the workings of the brain. Someone needs to sit them down, and tell it to them like they're 2. Explain that people who have brain function, will try to breathe on their own. Show them EEG's that shows that she has no blood flow to her brain. Explain to them what the brain stem does, show them a image of a working brain, vs a brain that is dead. Even better, pick someone in the family, do an EEG and compare it to Jahi's. That is the only way that her family will see.

Funny. When I said "imaginary" LTC a few posts back... I was dead on! Because I already know these people. I'm praying her heart stops. The Family can kiss my ass.
    Details plz?

emmie- I'm gushing.

Shins- There will be organ breakdown-as in organ failure, eventually. The hospital was not court ordered to provide all life sustaining therapies. I saw in Dr. Fisher's note she is on vasopressin. The simplest way to explain it, for me, is it aids in kidney and cardiac function and is a key factor in homeostasis. This is why the family thinks her blood pressure is stable. The hypothalamus and pituitary are needed to produce and spew the juice. If she didn't have the drip her blood pressure would drop and her heart would probably stop. Maybe emmie can weigh in on a better explanation.

Queena- I'm sure the healthcare team has explained things to the family; and probably pretty simply. The doc may not have done a very good job the first time, but when they realized the family was not grasping the meaning the probably did a better job and that's when the mom got pissed because they told her her daughter is dead. I'm also pretty sure they have shown her the images from the tests and may have even allowed her to be present for one of the six brain death tests that were performed.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    ..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

Again, I fucking love my science nerds.

I also forgot to mention she does not have a feeding tube so she might be getting malnourished and dehydrated even with fluid IVs. A couple of days really wouldn't make a difference, but 3-4 weeks does.

She's finally going to lose that weight that would have probably helped her sleep apnea.

Unless she has a lot of fluid retention then she's getting bigger and ^ would be invalid.

..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

My post from yesterday around 5pm:
    Seriously? So all of a sudden the (imaginary)LTC has agreed to take her? Who the fuck is this judge? Allowing the Family to keep doing this? This is disgusting. There's having trouble accepting your Daughter is dead. And then there is using her dead body as a spectacle. Family just lost HUGE points with me.
    Your post about the LTC that isn't even built yet being the one that agreed to take her:
    This is the LTC facility they are IN THE PROCESS OF BUILDING now. They are asking for volunteers and holding fundraisers at bowling alleys to raise $$

http://riverhead.patch.com/groups/go...n-sound-avenue

Brendan House Takes Shape On Sound Avenue

Volunteers have been working diligently on Sound Avenue in Riverhead to make the dream of Brendan House, a home for those with traumatic brain injuries, a reality.

The facility also be home to Riverhead teen Michael Hubbard, who was badly burned in a gel candle accident two years ago.

Recently, a call went out for volunteer framers every day including Sundays until the project is finished, to help build Brendan House. Those who know how to swing a hammer or would like to learn are asked to call 631-245-0333. Community Service letters can be given.

In recent weeks, two fundraisers were held to benefit the Brendan House. New Beginnings Community Center hosted both fundraisers; the first involved Sky Dive Long Island and the All Star bowling alley, who teamed up for Sky Bowling; Skydivers of Long Island transformed into human bowling balls, jumping from airplanes and hitting huge life size pins.

Next, a second fundraiser, a Country Fair, was held, featuring pig and duck races and family fun.

The community has come together to help fund renovations on the Sound Avenue home for months. Recently, the Riverhead Rotary Club presented New Beginnings Community Center with a check for $5,000, to help fund renovations of the Brendan House.
    Details plz?
    Details provided lol.

ETA: Not that I personally KNOW these people. That I know the type.

ah, i didn't read enough about this case to know about the vasopressin. but it makes perfect sense. such a shame that the family isn't seeing the bigger picture here. thanks, mT.

edited: i could see her retaining fluid in this situation and swelling up because of all the IV fluids. but tube feeding def. isn't good for long term and the stuff they use even has some not so great stuff in it, like lots of soy.

find me again in two years, when i'm an RN, and i'll be able to do a better job explaining all this stuff.
    Last edited by emmieslost; 12-31-2013 at 09:21 AM.

ah, i didn't read enough about this case to know about the vasopressin. but it makes perfect sense. such a shame that the family isn't seeing the bigger picture here. thanks, mT.

find me again in two years, when i'm an RN, and i'll be able to do a better job explaining all this stuff.

I don't think the vasopressin was written in any articles. I read it from Dr. Fischer's actual consultation note. Messy doctor handwriting.

Yep. We will all be asking you for answers.

Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post

Shins- There will be organ breakdown-as in organ failure, eventually. The hospital was not court ordered to provide all life sustaining therapies. I saw in Dr. Fisher's note she is on vasopressin. The simplest way to explain it, for me, is it aids in kidney and cardiac function and is a key factor in homeostasis. This is why the family thinks her blood pressure is stable. The hypothalamus and pituitary are needed to produce and spew the juice. If she didn't have the drip her blood pressure would drop and her heart would probably stop. Maybe emmie can weigh in on a better explanation.
    Vasopressin in this setting would be used to treat DI (diabetes insipidus) which causes the kidneys to lose their ability to concentrate urine. This results in very large amounts of very dilute urine being excreted (specific gravity close to water) which if untreated causes dehydration and high sodium levels. DI is common in head injured patients.

Vasopressin is not used routinely to support blood pressure. It is used in code situations and hypotension related to septic shock. If she needed a drip to maintain BP I would expect to see her on dopamine or phenylephrine. The fact that her only med is vasopressin actually tells me that she is hemodynamically stable.

*credentials available on request.

Quote Originally Posted by Queena View Post
    I don't think the family is doing the for publicity. Nor do I think they're doing it because they're trying to prepare for a lawsuit. I believe that they truly do not understand. Even I, and I don't think I'm a dummy, I like to think of myself as an autodidact, had trouble understand the difference between brain death and cardiac death. There's a lot of disinformation out there, which you can tell from my earlier post in this thread. They do not understand the workings of the brain. Someone needs to sit them down, and tell it to them like they're 2. Explain that people who have brain function, will try to breathe on their own. Show them EEG's that shows that she has no blood flow to her brain. Explain to them what the brain stem does, show them a image of a working brain, vs a brain that is dead. Even better, pick someone in the family, do an EEG and compare it to Jahi's. That is the only way that her family will see.
    I'm pretty sure disinformation is not a word. Just sayin.

They have made several attempts to explain to the family what Jahi's current situation is. I don't think it's the hospital staff that is the problem here. I think the family is convinced the hospital staff are liars and choose not to listen to them.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Thread Information