Thread: Kenneth Bisset (21) died in the bombing of Pan Am Flight 103 over Lockerbie Scotland

Kenneth Bisset (21) died in the bombing of Pan Am Flight 103 over Lockerbie Scotland

For 45 years, Carol King-Eckersley kept a promise not to look for the baby boy she had given up for adoption when she was just a teenager, but that changed when her husband died last year and she decided to track down her son.

She knew his name and birth date, and she easily found a reference to him on the Internet ? her excitement soon turning to horror as she realized she was on a page for victims of the bombing of Pan Am Flight 103 over Lockerbie, Scotland.

"So it became a kind of double tragedy," King Eckersley, 45, told a BBC documentary. "I found him and lost him on the same day."

The Oregon widow was the 19-year-old daughter of a school principal when she became pregnant and felt pressured to give up her baby.

The only time she ever saw the infant who would become Kenneth Bissett was the day he was in the car of the attorney who arranged the adoption, as she left a New York City hospital.

"There was this little bundle wrapped up in the front seat and all I could think, all the way from Queens in New York to mid-Manhattan, was 'please don't cry'," she told the BBC.

"I knew that if he cried I would not be able to do it. I never held him but now I get to grieve for him."

She had promised not to contact him or meddle in his life, and she stuck to that until last April, when she made the shocking discovery that he had been dead for almost 25 years.

Bissett was a 21-year-old Cornell University junior enrolled in Syracuse University's study-abroad program in London when he boarded Flight 103 to New York on Dec. 21, 1988.

A terrorist bomb ripped apart the plane, killing everyone on board.

"There was always the hope and dream that some day there would come a knock at the door and I would open it and there would be this tall handsome gentleman saying, 'Hi, I guess you are my mom,'" King-Eckersley said. "When I saw that on my computer it was like somebody had turned out a light because that hope was gone."

"I'm still in the semi-numb part after you lose a loved one," she added. "Even though I didn't have him with me physically, he was always in my heart. I thought of him pretty much every day."

Bissett's adoptive parents had already died, and when Syracuse held a 25th anniversary remembrance for its slain students in October, King-Eckersley attended.

"It was such an amazing feeling for me to be included and feel like Ken and the other kids were guiding the whole thing in some way," she said in the documentary.
    http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...worldnews&lite
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Thank you for posting puzzld.

Such a powerful yet heartbreaking story. I wish I could give Carol a big hug and sooth her pain.

RIP Kenneth Bisset

RIP passengers and crew Pan Am flight 103 . Godspeed to all.

This story really hits home for me.

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

RIP Kenneth.

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar
    well, that sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

Ugh. How terrible.
    Jenn

Quote Originally Posted by neenerneener View Post
    well, that sucks.
    Yeah it does. I always feel so bad for these women who give up their babies so they can have a better life and then find out that something terrible happened, or the adoptive parents are monsters or... it's makes it all worse somehow.

My Mom gave up her son, and it was the happiest day of her life when he came back into it. I wish all birth Mom could know the joy my Mom has had in these last years, getting to know her son and grandkids.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

: ( this is like the thread I just posted for Aundria Bowman. There was one down here a few years ago too. The birth mum found her son only after New South Wales Police Missing Persons approached her for DNA to test against the only thing they had - a bloodstain in a rundown, isolated farm homestead.

This is Aundria's. I'll try & find the name of the missing guy from NSW.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...er-For-Assault

Thread Information