Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Children of horrifying incest 'cult' with four generations of in-breeding found in South Wales, Australia

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Is that the nose coming from the forehead?!
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

Quote Originally Posted by SuchAClassicGirl View Post
    Is that the nose coming from the forehead?!
    Could be a penis, who knows with incest!

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    Well that would fit the description of "low set ears"

(maybe stick an NSFL warning on it just in case we have any expectant parents suddenly scroll down & freak out?)
    Unless any of mds' expectant mothers are pregnant with their father's/brother's/uncle's baby, I don't think that's really something they need to be concerned about.

There's a 25 pic family album attached to the article. Faces are blurred but from what's visible it doesn't look anything like the DOCs descriptions.

http://www.news.com.au/national/nsw-...-1227129811659

http://resources2.news.com.au/images...3cc51a6e6b.jpg
    Father Christmas: Charlie Colt dressed as Santa on the family farm. Source: News Corp Australia

Father of ?incest clan? defends his family to the Daily Telegraph

Charlie Colt denies claims of incest ?I am absolutely disappointed in the justice system?

EXCLUSIVE: Images from Colt family album

PHOTOS have been obtained that show, for the first time ever, life inside the sickening Colt incest clan described by senior police as like nothing they have ever seen. The family snaps, given exclusively to News Corp Australia, show the smiling faces of children who would go on to claim their father and uncle were the same man. They show glimpses of little girls and boys who would tell caseworkers they suffered regular sexual abuse, and when taken into care were described as malnourished, unhygenic and struggling to speak.

In one photo Charlie Colt ? a man believed to have fathered children with his sister, according to the testimony of the Colt children ? poses for the camera dressed up as Santa Claus on Christmas Day. ?I wanted to keep the children?s spirits high,? he told The Daily Telegraph.

One of Betty Colt?s sons pictured during a party celebration on the farm raided by authorities in July 2012. Source: News Corp Australia

One of the young Colt children is pictured here riding around on a quad bike on their farm in rural New South Wales. Charlie Colt said the family members were big motorsport fans. Source: News Corp Australia

The young victims at the centre of Australia?s most shocking abuse case can be seen riding around on quad bikes and smiling among vegetable gardens ? masking the revolting reality of their daily lives. According to a sensational Children?s Court hearing, the Colt clan tortured animals and mutilated their genitalia. But in the photos uncovered today, a young Colt girl smiles at a pony kept in a pen on the property raided by authorities in the winter of 2012.

Last edited by blighted star; 11-21-2014 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by snorlax View Post
    Could be a penis, who knows with incest!
    I'm voting for a parasitic siamese twin.

There's a 25 pic family album attached to the article. Faces are blurred but from what's visible it doesn't look anything like the DOCs descriptions.

Thanks for posting the pictures.

I'm not sure pictures actually prove anything in this case. If I went by pictures alone- it looks like the Colts tried to provide their kids a very good Christmas. It also proves that the Colts have a very warped sense on how to take care of kids because- for example- They spent tons of money on Quads/gas for the kids and nice playhouses, but the kids lived in a tent. They didn't even have a toilet or electricity. They cooked with a BBQ grill inside the shed AND they also had a big ass plasma tv.

ETA: From your same link
    When The Daily Telegraph pointed out a number of apparent defects in the photos of the children, he remained stubborn.
    “Because a little girl’s teeth doesn’t quite form properly in the gums, I’ve travelled the world and seen that thousands of times,” he said.
    “You say her eyes aren’t quite symmetric, you may be right, but that does not mean that she’s a product of an evil act.
    Last edited by bermstalker; 11-21-2014 at 02:41 AM.

What were the results of the DNA tests?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

My god, will this ever end? Those poor children, doomed from gestation.

Per the grotesque photo on page 3...who knew Cyclops was real.

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

While it's not how I would choose to live, the pics make the place look better than I thought it would based on descriptions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    SMH. White people! Always trying to help and shit.

Can anyone find anything indicating Charlie Colt was arrested or charged? They were supposed to be running DNA tests to support the allegations against him but it's been 6 mths now & I can'r find a single update?

ETA derp. He was arrested on arrival at Sydney Airport. He's probably been remanded or something until it hits court.

Will just have to keep an eye out for updates - it shouldn't be too much longer.
    Last edited by blighted star; 05-15-2015 at 04:55 AM.

You can find pictures that are in an album...and zoomed out- you can see the pictures without the blur. It's only when you click on the picture does it blur the faces.
    http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...cd2770&page=11

The kids did not look deformed.
    I'm not going to post the kids, but here is dad
    [IMG][/IMG]

Anyway, they have their own wiki page now.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colt_clan_incest_case
    Last edited by bermstalker; 10-01-2015 at 04:12 AM.

That's not the dad, that's the investigating cop.

Yeah, this was one of the only pictures of alleged dadbrotherunclecousin "Charlie Colt"

& lol. Wiki clearly written by an American (edit, no, I shouldn't assume, could be any northern hemisphere country - soz guys). They weren' t living in "the woods" & Booroowa isn't on the "outskirts of NSW". This thread has better info than the sources they posted.

Edit : interesting, I still can't find a damn thing on "Charlie" appearing before any court. It'll suck for DOCs if DNA testing proves they acted on assumption & fucked up by dragging this family through the mud & branding them worldwide as inbred child-abusing freaks - especially when they're still refusing to allow William Tyrrell's family to speak publicly.

... I feel a govt inquiry coming on
    Last edited by blighted star; 10-01-2015 at 06:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TwilightSparkle View Post
    That's not the dad, that's the investigating cop.

Haha.

Oops.

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    Thanks for posting the pictures.

I'm not sure pictures actually prove anything in this case. If I went by pictures alone- it looks like the Colts tried to provide their kids a very good Christmas. It also proves that the Colts have a very warped sense on how to take care of kids because- for example- They spent tons of money on Quads/gas for the kids and nice playhouses, but the kids lived in a tent. They didn't even have a toilet or electricity. They cooked with a BBQ grill inside the shed AND they also had a big ass plasma tv.
    This. All of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

I wish someone would publish an update. They really went out of their way to give people the impression that the medical condition that killed the baby could only be the result of inbreeding, but that's not necessarily the case -

http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/zel...ctrum-disorder

How do people inherit Zellweger spectrum disorder?

This condition is inherited in an autosomal recessive pattern, which means both copies of the gene in each cell have mutations. The parents of an individual with an autosomal recessive condition each carry one copy of the mutated gene, but they typically do not show signs and symptoms of the condition

There's no question their living conditions & school attendence left a lot to be desired, but this case would never have hit the papers if not for the generational incest accusations. I want to know if this dept fucked up again because William Tyrrell's case isn't the only one over the last 12 mths with an awful outcome because of their (ongoing) bad decisions

http://www.abc.net.au/7.30/content/2015/s4240283.htm
    Last edited by blighted star; 10-02-2015 at 09:50 PM.

Well I wished for an update but shit, this was unexpected (it probably shouldn't have been though). Our current govt has gone deportation crazy & they're getting a lot of criticism for the number of NZ deportations they're enforcing. There are currently quite a few Kiwis held in our immigration detention facilities -enough for the NZ govt to be concerned enough to attempt to visit detainees.

One of the biggest issues is the deportation of NZ citizens who have lived permanently in Aus for decades & no longer have any family in NZ - because their whole life, friends, family, employment, home etc is here in Australia.

If you've read the whole thread you may remember that the Colts were originally English immigrants who settled in NZ & had children there. They then moved to Aus in the 60s or 70s allegedly to hide their incestuous relationships. I guess they never applied for citizenship here & as a result at least one of them is now being deported to country she left as a child half a century ago.

I know a lot of people will say "so what/good riddance" but it's not the nature of your crime that gets you deported now, it's length of sentence - I think it's 12mths that gets you kicked off the island. Even if you came here as a baby & your entire extended family including minor children live here. Even if you're elderly. Or a quadraplegic.

It's pretty crazy stuff. It might be especially crazy in this case given the ongoing silence re updates for "Charlie" - we're still waiting on all the DNA evidence/charges that were supposed to expose him as a liar & worse.

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/s...incest-mother/

The mother at the centre of one of Australia's most disturbing child abuse cases involving allegations of intergenerational incest*is about to be deported to New Zealand as part of the Australian government's policy of returning convicted felons.

The woman,*aged 48, who was*identified by the pseudonym "Betty Colt" during court proceedings in the Southern Highlands, is being*held in Villawood detention*centre after being released from jail*in August after serving nine months for attempting to kidnap her children from foster carers.

Her deportation is said to be imminent.

But the case will be controversial as Colt came to Australia as a child, probably in the 1970s, has lived most of her life here, and has multiple children, some under the age of 16, living in Australia.

The property from which the children were removed. Photo: Andrew Meares
    The plans for the deportation follow*Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull's visit to New Zealand last week*in which he took a tough stand with the New Zealand government on Australia's right to deport*convicted criminals.

The*case of the Colt family*horrified Australians and drew global interest when the*Herald*first revealed it in 2013.*

The Children's Court proceedings revealed that Colt was the matriarch of a family of 40*discovered living on a property outside Canberra in mid-2012 in squalid conditions,*without running water and electricity, in ramshackle*caravans, sheds and tents.

"Betty Colt" in the yellow shirt outside court. She is accompanied by her daughter "Raelene". Photo: Anne Davies

See your ad here
    Twelve children*under 18 were removed, and subsequent genetic testing revealed that several were the progeny of brothers and sisters, fathers and daughters, or uncles and nieces.*

Once in care they told carers of horrific sexual abuse by adults and by siblings on the isolated farms, on*children as young as 12.

They were undernourished, had developmental delays, poor dental and general hygiene and had barely attended school.

In ordering the children to be removed to care, Judge Peter Johnstone, president of the Children's Court,*noted: "Betty Colt's children, Bobby, Billy, Brian, Dwayne and Carmen [also pseudonyms]*exhibited features indicative of neglect when they were taken into care.

"They were lacking basic life skills, such as the ability to shower and clean their teeth voluntarily.

"Their living environment was inadequate and their health and dental needs had been severely neglected.

"Additionally, their schooling and educational needs had been ignored, contributing to their developmental delay and deficits in intellectual functioning."

Subsequent genetic testing found they had parents who were related, though the incest was denied by Colt and other adults.

The judge concluded that "Betty Colt's ability to function as an effective parent was impaired by her enmeshment in a dysfunctional intra-familial structure" and ordered her five children under*16 to be*placed in foster care.

But in making the orders, the judge also noted that this appeared to be a case of intergenerational incest and that Colt may well have been a victim of incest herself, with the possibility that her own father was the father of one or more of her children.

Two of Colt's sons, aged 13 and 15, were placed with families and sent to school*but Colt struggled to accept their removal.

In 2013, she hatched a plot to snatch them back from their carers*and smuggled them a mobile phone which she had used to contact them and make arrangements for them to abscond. The police were listening to her calls and intercepted the plot.

In November 2014, she*was found guilty of two charges of procuring the removal of a child from care and one charge of recruiting her older child to carry out or assist in criminal activity, being the kidnapping of the younger child.

She was sentenced to one year in jail.

Despite the genetic evidence and extensive efforts by the child sex abuse squad of the NSW Police, none of the family has been charged with any incest-related charges.

It is unknown whether Colt has any relatives remaining in New Zealand. However, her high-profile case is likely to fuel debate about the ethics of deporting New Zealanders with long-standing and entrenched ties to Australia.

Comment has been sought from Immigration Minister*Peter Dutton and from the New Zealand High Commission.

Gosh, she should be behind bars. In a similar article it's suggesting she wouldn't have family to stay with, job prospects. Job prospects! That's suggesting she is free to work. I would love to know what happened to the other family members. Where are they? Have they been charged for rape? Will they reside in Australia if not found guilty? Did they manage to escape before sexual abuse became normalised? Those poor kids...

On a seperate note I agree, Dutton has gone deportation bonkers and its interesting that the subject was the leverage for most recent 'News' but where's the justice for these generations of mistreated kids. That's what we need to hear. The trauma from this will no doubt continue for generations more. Lets hope Uncle Step Dad doesn't visit Ben, Alice, Penny etc and their families ...

Local schools in Canberra not vetting volunteers properly. It just makes one wonder where these depraved citizens are now....😯

Here's an update from Feb
    NOTORIOUS incest family the Colts are due in court after police issued orders for a female relative who lived on the squalid farm where the depraved clan was found.
    Police have issued Apprehended Violence Orders (AVOs) against Charlie Colt and his niece Raylene Colt to stay away from Petra Colt, a younger daughter of the family matriarch, Betty.
    Police had 12 children removed four years ago from the Colt family’s squalid farm where the children lived in filthy conditions, couldn’t speak intelligible English and sex took place between brothers and sisters and uncles and nieces.
    The interim AVOs, which a Sydney court heard last week had yet to be served, were taken out early this month.
    Charlie Colt was the subject of unconfirmed allegations that he had engaged in a sexual relationship with one of his nieces, aged nine, who was also his biological daughter.
    DNA testing found that 11 were the product of a sexual relationship by their mothers with either a brother, father or other close male relative.
    Another Colt relative, who was found living in Victoria, had three children from a relationship with her brother.
    Hidden in the hills behind the picturesque farming community of Boorowa, the Colt family farm was a scene of such depravity that its discovery shocked police, health and social workers.

Unknown to the 2000 citizens of the town in a fertile valley amid the southwestern slopes of NSW, the dark family secret of multi-generational incest began to unravel in 2012.
    Four generations of intimate relations among the Colts had taken place in South Australia, Victoria, Western Australia and finally come to NSW.
    Moving state to state, possibly to evade detection, the family came to notice when authorities were alerted there were children living in the hills who didn’t attend school.
    Then one of the children who was attending Boorowa primary school was overhead saying “my sister is pregnant and we don’t know which of my brothers is the father”.
    In July 2012, Boorowa farmers watched a convoy of police in four-wheel drives, a police bus and an ambulance drive up an old stock route to a remote bush block in the untamed scrub of old bushranger territory.
    What they discovered on the Colt family farm wouldn’t soon be forgotten.
    Lots of blurry pictures at the link
    http://www.news.com.au/national/cour...9bf07a91b18b9d

Captain of Fuckery captainjillian's Avatar
    Ugh, I remember this case. Insane. I don't know how a child can come back from that sort of life.

I never try anything, I just do it. Wanna try me?

This started hitting the news again yesterday & I missed it.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-04-0...harges/9629976

'Colt' family members charged with incest extradited to Sydney, remain in custody

By Brooke Wylie
    Posted about 3 hours ago

Six members of the 'Colt' family have been formally refused bail following their extradition to New South Wales yesterday.

Eight family members are facing charges of incest, child sex abuse and aggravated assault.

The family did not appear during the first legal proceedings at the Parramatta Local Court, instead legal aid lawyer Paul Johnson appeared on their behalf and did not apply for bail.

All of the names of the accused have been changed to protect the identity of the victims.

Raylene, Betty and Rupert Colt were arrested in South Australia, while Ronda, Cliff and Frank Colt were extradited from WA.

The remaining two family members, Martha and Charlie Colt, were taken into custody in the NSW town of Griffith.

'Colt' family member arrested

PHOTO: Police arrest a man (in car) on child sex abuse charges. (Supplied: NSW Police)
    Among the charges levelled at the male family members are multiple counts of sexual intercourse with a child under 10, as well as incest, indecent assault, and sexual intercourse with a child aged between 10-14.

The woman are all facing perjury charges.

The arrests followed a six-year investigation by the NSW Child Abuse and Sex Crimes Squad.

All eight family members will be required to appear via video link when the matter returns to court next week.

This was last night's news. It sounds like the adult siblings split up & scattered across different states after the kids were removed.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-04-0...-abuse/9625302

Police say nation-wide arrests over "horrific" allegations of incest and child abuse have "tested the resilience" of even the force's most hardened police investigators.

Following a six-year investigation, Strike Force Hermoyne, established through the NSW Child Abuse and Sex Crimes Squad, arrested eight people in the synchronised raid this morning.

The arrests took place in New South Wales, South Australia and Western Australia over allegations of incest, child sexual assault and serious child neglect.

NSW Police child abuse and sex crimes squad commander Detective Superintendent John Kerlatec described the alleged offences as "horrific".

"It's the awful nature," Superintendent Kerlatec said.

"[They are] allegations of the most horrific kind of child abuse.

"The squalid condition from which these children were living in and those arrested . . . the place was filthy."

In Griffith, NSW, a 45-year-old man was charged with six counts of sexual intercourse with a child under 10, four counts of indecent assault, sexual intercourse with a child aged between 10-14, aggravated act of indecency and common assault.

In South Australia's Riverland region, a 29-year-old man was charged with two counts of incest with a person under the age of 16 years.

Two women, aged 50 and 34, were charged with a NSW arrest warrant for perjury.

In Northam, in Western Australia, a 36-year-old man was charged with four counts of sexual intercourse with a child under 10, two counts of indecent assault and having sexual intercourse with a child aged between 10-14.

A 48-year-old man was charged with a NSW arrest warrant for counts of sexual intercourse with a child under 10.

The 51-year-old woman was charged with a NSW arrest warrant for perjury.

A 38-year-old woman was charged with perjury.

Superintendent Kerlatec said the children involved were getting the support they needed.

He suggested there could be more children taken away from the family involved.

"As you can appreciate this is a very delicate matter," he said.

"I'm limited in what I can say [in order] to protect the victims involved."

NSW detectives were seeking the extradition of those involved to Sydney, he said.

Way back when this all started there were allegations a baby had died because of a rare genetic condition that may have been the result of incest. The adults were adamant it was untrue but presumably the genetic testing eventually came back & added weight to the police case.

Also, some of the removed kids must be over 18 now. I hope they haven't made their way back to the adults but I also hope they're not out there unsupervised because those older kids wouldn't have had anywhere near enough support with their trauma & behavioural issues etc yet.

This situation is just so bleak, fucked up & overwhelmingly horrible on so many levels

Missed this last month. Apparently at least some of the family are on fb (& according to the journos who saw their fb pgs, at least some of the older kids appear to be back in touch with the adults )

http://www.news.com.au/national/ince...13000268beecee

INFAMOUS incest family the Colts, who police found living in depraved circumstances in a filthy bush camp six years ago, have used Facebook to declare their love for each other as a family.

Matriarch Betty Colt has posted a picture of herself with family members with a superimposed message declaring "Love Makes a Family".

Since they were split up by health and welfare authorities, members of the incest clan have continued to maintain contact via social media, at times with love hearts and wistful messages.

Colt, 50, has previously sworn to reunite the members of the family torn apart when shocked authorities uncovered them living in appalling conditions in country NSW.

<<snipped>>

Betty Colt (centre) with family members posing for a photograph on which she emblazoned "Love Makes a Family".

A tent at the Colt incest family farm where brother and sister slept openly together each evening. Source: News Corp Australia

The children of the Colts (a court appointed pseudonym to protect the children's identities) had never seen toilet paper and didn't know how to clean their teeth.

From a young age, they allegedly engaged in sex with uncles, aunts or cousins.

Judge Peter Johnstone, president of the Children's Court of NSW, was so disturbed by the case he decided to publish his findings.

Disclosures in Judge Johnstone's 63-page report included those of Kimberly, then the 13-year-old daughter of Betty's daughter Raylene.

Kimberly told a sexual health educator at Shellharbour Hospital about performing oral sex on Betty's sons Bobby and Dwayne, her then underage uncles.

Kimberly also made a disclosure to the health educator that Dwayne had has sexual intercourse with her.

Following Judge Johnstone's ruling, Betty Colt and some of her sisters and brothers and her daughter Raylene were forbidden from living with certain children and grandchildren.

Despite the ban, Betty has continued to post love hearts and wistful messages via social media.

Among the Facebook messages between the children and the adult relatives, one male teenager believed to be her son has superimposed Betty's "Love Makes a Family" motto on a photograph of himself.

Other Colt family members including Martha's son Karl have reposted the picture with the motto.

Martha, who is Betty's younger sister, was found to have four children born from sexual relationships with either a father or brother.

Betty Colt's Facebook posts about family include a post about what sort of mother she is and who in her family is her inspiration.

In Betty's case the answer is her mother June Colt, who died in 2001. It is believed Betty's father Tim Colt was the biological father of her eldest son.

Betty was due to be deported back to New Zealand - where the incest clan originated with her brother-and-sister grandparents - but lodged an appeal against the deportation order.

The entire Colt family is part of an ongoing investigation by the NSW Child Abuse Squad headed by Detective Chief Inspector Peter Yeomans.

Betty's oldest child Tammy Colt, who police found in a Mildura caravan park living in a sexual relationship with her younger brother Derek, has entered a new relationship.

Tammy, who gave birth to three children by Derek, has since had a child with her new partner.

Police found the family at this squalid bush camp after one Colt child said at school that his sister was pregnant to one of his brothers.Source:News Corp Australia

Two of Tammy and Derek Colt's children were taken into care back in 2012, and a third child, Sally, died aged two months from the rare genetic disorder, Zellweger syndrome.

The mutative condition, resulting from having two closely related parents, causes abnormal features, which in baby Sally comprised of a thick short neck and lowset ears.

Tests of the child's genomes found it was "essentially impossible" that Sally's parents were not related.

One of the most depraved members of the Colt family was Betty's sister Martha, five of whose six children were proven by DNA to have been born from an incestuous union.

Two of the boys, Jed and Karl, are now in their late teens and have moved to rural locations, but maintain contact with their Aunt Betty.

When police raided the family property in July 2012, Martha Colt was found to be sleeping with her brother Charlie in a tent.

What they uncovered profoundly disturbed welfare officers who immediately removed the children from the putrid camp.

Several of the children featured homozygous or identical gene characteristics, such as lowset ears, misaligned eyes and hearing loss.

Some could only walk in a shuffling gait, and could not speak intelligibly, read or write, count, or recognise numbers.

A Colt son posts Betty's family love motto.Source:Facebook

At least 12 of the children were from incestuous relationships over four generations descending from grandparents who were brother and sister.

They were undernourished, had developmental delays, extensively decayed teeth, fungal infections and had barely attended school.

Some of them displayed poor speech, low reasoning capacity, low-range working memory and an extremely low range of intelligence.

The family had moved from state to state and evaded detection until they moved to an unsewered bush block in the isolated hills behind the tiny town of Boorowa.

Unknown to the 2000 citizens of the farming community in a fertile valley amid the southwestern slopes of NSW, the dark family secret of multi-generational incest began to unravel in 2012.

It was a schoolyard revelation by one of the Colts who infrequently attended classes at a local school that triggered the raids.

One of the Colt children was overheard saying that "my sister is pregnant and we don't know which of my brothers is the father".

Betty Colt tried to fight deportation back to New Zealand.Source:Facebook

Weeks later, Boorowa farmers watched a convoy of police, health and social workers in four-wheel drives, a police bus and an ambulance drive up an old stock route through untamed scrub to the Colts' block.

The Colt family set-up comprised of the five daughters and two sons of Tim and June Colt, with Betty the matriarch and mother of 13 children and four grandchildren.

The filthy bush camp in old NSW bushranger territory outside Boorowa where police found the depraved clan.Source:News Corp Australia

<<snipped>>

Following the Colt children's removal from their parents, uncles and aunts, some of the young girls displayed sexualised behaviour in their new foster homes.

But the children reportedly made progress after being removed from their parents and taken into care.

In 2015, police took out a two year apprehended violence order (AVO) against Martha preventing her from contacting her daughters Nadia and Ruth, then aged 10 and eight.

Granting the order in Parramatta Local Court, Magistrate Margaret McGlynn said that - it is important the public be made aware of situations of this kind in which these children unfortunately found themselves ... children whose birth parents being siblings and many of their relatives being of incestuous relationships of some kind."

Ms McGlynn cited the allegations of sexual activity between the children as documented in the NSW Children's Court judgment.

Details included Nadia, just six years old when the family commune was uncovered, having sex with her brothers, and being photographed sexually by both her father and mother.

Parramatta Local Court documents revealed that Nadia and another child Ruth had disclosed to authorities that their brothers lined up to take turns having sexual relations with them while their parents were "watching and laughing".

Since the two young girls were taken into care, they had gained weight, improved in their speech and hygiene and were "attending the local primary school which they love".

According to court documents, when Martha visited the two girls she was heard to tell them not to speak to "outsiders" and "if they were asked about their family to say, "It's none of your business.""

Magistrate McGlynn said it was necessary the Colt children's identities continue to be protected as they made friends at school and remained free from being judged.

"They not only have the obvious emotional scars, but physical ones as well ... being in new schools, having to make friends and to meet the approval of parents of those children."

On February 19 this year, Betty Colt completed a Facebook quiz, "What kind of mother are you?"

She posted the quiz's conclusion that "You're a fun mum. Your children love you because there is never a dull moment with you around.

"You know how to have fun and that is something you have taught your children well."
    Last edited by blighted star; 04-08-2018 at 09:39 PM.

https://m.themorningbulletin.com.au/...e-pri/3435871/

?Incest? family?s prison freedom bid
    by Candace Sutton
    7th Jun 2018 3:24 PM

MEMBERS of the Colt "incest" family arrested in three states two months ago are applying to be freed from at least three different Sydney prisons.

Raylene Colt, the daughter of Betty Colt, was granted bail on Wednesday.

News.com.au can reveal the family matriarch Betty and sister Martha Colt are both being held in prisons at Long Bay Correctional Centre.

Five other Colt family members are being held in different prisons in Silverwater Correctional Complex in western Sydney

Lawyers acting for Martha Colt and her brother Charlie Colt are likely to apply for their release soon.

Two other members, Cliff and Rhonda, will make bail applications on June 19, Magistrate Robert Williams heard in Central Local Court on Thursday.

It is not known when the family matriarch Betty Colt, who has been charged with perjury and perverting the course of justice, might make a release application.

Her son Derek Colt, one of Betty's 13 children, was also due before Central Local on Thursday, prosecutor Mardi Cartwright told the court.

Eight members of the Colt family - a court appointed pseudonym to protect the identity of the children - were arrested in raids across Australia in April.

Detectives from the NSW State Crime Command's Child Abuse and Sex Crimes Squad established Strike Force Hermoyne to investigate allegations of incest, child sexual assault, and serious neglect of children on the family's farm in southern NSW in 2012.

Following the arrests, several members were extradited back to NSW.

Apart from Raylene, seven family members are being held in Long Bay Correctional Centre, and different female and male prisons at Silverwater Correctional Complex in western Sydney.

It emerged in Central Local Court on Thursday that the eight Colts have retained seven different lawyers, with Cliff Colt sharing a lawyer with Rhonda, who is believed to be his mother.

The infamous family were found by police living in depraved circumstances in a filthy bush camp six years ago.

It was a discovery that shocked the world - four generations of a family in a secret bush camp in the hills behind the tiny town of Boorowa.

Police allege a family of 38 adults and children were found living in filthy conditions without electricity, toilets or town plumbing.

Some of the children had stunted speech and misshapen features, and all slept in caravans, tents and tin sheds.

The children of the Colts had never seen toilet paper and didn't know how to clean their teeth.

From a young age, they allegedly engaged in sex with uncles, aunts or cousins.

Police arrest one of the Colts after raids across three Australian states.

SHOCKING SCENES ON FAMILY FARM

When the farm was raided by police in 2012 child welfare officers were so disturbed with what they saw they immediately removed the children from the putrid environment.

Several of the children allegedly featured homozygous or identical gene characteristics, such as lowset ears, misaligned eyes and hearing loss.

Some could only walk in a shuffling gait, and could not speak intelligibly, read or write, count, or recognise numbers.

Some of the children removed into care have now reached the age of 18.

Prosecutor Mardi Cartwright applied to Magistrate Robert Williams to have all eight members remanded to appear again in August.

The ones who have already turned 18 haven't been out of that environment anywhere near long enough to treat their abuse trauma or have any longterm behavioural change.

Does anyone know if police in all Australian state's & territories are able to take out AVO's on behalf of unwilling adult victims? Because this family has a habit of state hopping whenever police & child welfare try to restrict their "family interactions". I have a feeling involuntary nationwide AVO's will be the only way to stop the group reforming as each kid ages out of the foster system

Thread Information