Thread: Brian David Anderson (18) and Trevor Kruthoff (17) charged with murder of Jordan LeBeau (20)

Brian David Anderson (18) and Trevor Kruthoff (17) charged with murder of Jordan LeBeau (20)

https://www.facebook.com/brian.david.357
    https://www.facebook.com/trevor.kruthoff?fref=ts

Two Watertown High School students have been charged with committing a murder in northwest Sioux Falls Monday.

Brian David Anderson, 18, and Trevor Kruthoff, 17, of Watertown have been charged with first degree murder for killing 20-year-old Jordan LeBeau.

Court documents filed Wednesday say the men traveled to Sioux Falls to rob LeBeau after hearing he had $100,000 in his house on North Alaska Avenue.

A police affidavit says Anderson told Kruthoff to shoot both Jordan and his father, 48-year-old Jason LeBeau, after the four got into a scuffle.

When police arrived at the home, they found Jason had been shot in the arm and his son Jordan was found dead in the basement laundry room; police say before being shot, he'd been beaten and duct taped.

Anderson and Kruthoff are both students at Watertown High School.

Principal Michael Butts says their progress and status at the school is protected but he confirms they are students.

?We are all saddened by the events that have taken place. Our thoughts and prayers are with all of those involved,? Butts said.

Anderson and Kruthoff face life in prison if they are convicted.
    http://www.keloland.com/newsdetail.c...der/?id=156999
    Last edited by puzzld; 12-04-2013 at 03:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Dang, they look like such nice kids. Looks can be deceiving.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Pfft, buuuuuullshit.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Even our thugs are clean cut. A number of years ago 4 of our students were running a burglary ring, and anyone of them looked like he was ready to pick up a junior achievement award.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

i wouldn't trust anyone who smiled that widely.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Jordan LeBeau?s father wasn?t supposed to be home.

The two Watertown teens accused of killing the 20-year-old LeBeau Monday afternoon were instructed to wait until their target was alone in the house he shared with his father at 4205 N. Alaska Drive before breaking in to rob him of $100,000 in drug money.

Police say two Dell Rapids men had recruited the high school students to rob LeBeau, giving them a handgun and directions to the quiet northwestern Sioux Falls neighborhood where he lived.

But something went wrong.

LeBeau?s father walked down the stairs to the laundry room to find his son, beaten and bound with duct tape. The father attacked his son?s assailants, but one of them shot him in the arm with a 9mm handgun, dropping him to the floor.

He saw his son get up and take after the shooter. He heard another shot. His son hit the floor.

The 48-year-old later told police ?he could see Jordan?s face turn to white and knew at that point Jordan was dead,? according to a police affidavit.

The next day, 17-year-old Tyler Kruthoff admitted to his mother during a recorded interview with law enforcement that he had shot LeBeau and LeBeau?s father at the urging of his friend, Brian David Anderson.

Anderson, 18, and Kruthoff are charged with first-degree murder and attempted first-degree murder, as well as robbery, burglary and assault charges. They are scheduled to appear in court today.

Kevin Rice and Douglas Scholten, both 20, are charged with aiding and abetting first-degree robbery, first-degree burglary and aggravated assault. A judge set bond for each of the Dell Rapids men at $250,000 on Wednesday.
    None of the four men were near the home when police arrived at 3 p.m. Monday, but all were in custody by Tuesday night.

Investigators found what police spokesman Sam Clemens called a ?substantial amount? of money and marijuana, along with at least one controlled substance, inside the LeBeau home.

Those who knew LeBeau are still in shock.

His girlfriend, Fayth Rasmussen, said Tuesday that the victim loved his family and was a role model for his younger brother.

?He loved the idea that his little brother looked up to him,? she said. ?He was in contact with his family on a daily basis.?

Clemens said it isn?t clear how well LeBeau knew the defendants, but interviews in the hours and days afterward indicate that he did know them and that money was the clear motivating factor in the crime.

?This was drug related,? Clemens said.

Rasmussen said she and LeBeau had met Rice about 18 months ago at a party and later went into business with him at an auto restoration shop in Dell Rapids.

?He was acting strange this week,? Rasmussen said of Rice. ?But I had no idea this was happening.?

In court on Wednesday, Minnehaha County deputy state?s attorney Eric Johnson told Judge John Hinrichs that Scholten and at least one other person had identified Rice as a drug dealer who was aware that LeBeau had money in his home.

Rice formulated the plan, helped recruit the two teens from Watertown, and gave them the loaded gun for use in the robbery, Johnson said.

Johnson asked Hinrichs to hold Rice on a $500,000 cash bond. Rice already is facing a felony drug charge for a May DUI arrest involving morphine and amphetamines.

?We obviously believe he?s a danger to the community,? Johnson said.

Rice?s defense lawyer, deputy public defender Ashley Sergeant, told the judge that her client was a business owner with strong ties to the Dell Rapids community. She asked for a lower cash or surety bond, saying Rice could stay with family and remain on electronic monitoring while the case was pending.

Sergeant also reminded the judge that Rice was not charged with murder.
    Scholten?s lawyer, Tressa Zahrbock Kool, told the judge her client had cooperated with police from the start. She too noted her client?s involvement stopped short of murder.

?As I understand it, he was never at the (LeBeau) house,? Zahrbock Kool said.

Hinrichs set bond at $250,000 cash for each of the defendants. The judge also ordered that Scholten and Rice have no contact with one another or with the two Watertown teens.

Bond is expected to be set for Kruthoff and Anderson today. The penalty for first-degree murder is either death or life in prison without the possibility of parole. But the U.S. Supreme Court has ruled that death and automatic life sentences for those younger than 18 are unconstitutional.

Watertown High School Principal Michael Butts confirmed Wednesday that Kruthoff and Anderson were enrolled there.

?We are saddened by the events that have taken place,? Butts said in a written statement. ?Our thoughts and prayers are with all of those involved.?

LeBeau was a 2011 graduate of West Central High School who attended one semester at Southeast Technical Institute. Rasmussen said LeBeau was passionate about fixing cars and often worked on his 2001 Honda Civic.

Rasmussen had been dating LeBeau since May. The two had spoken on Sunday, and he asked whether she wanted to come over and hang out with him.

?I told him that I had just passed his home and was going to head home because I was really tired,? she said.

The next day, a police detective told Rasmussen her boyfriend had been killed.

?I couldn?t believe he was dead,? she said.

Rasmussen said LeBeau was the ?nicest guy I?ve ever met. ... He had a lot of people that cared about him ? he was just a pleasure to be around.?

LeBeau?s father still was hospitalized as of Wednesday evening.

A funeral service for LeBeau is pending at Central Valley Community Church in Hartford.
    http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...yssey=obinsite

https://www.argusleader.com/story/ne...eath/14283359/

Two Watertown teens who broke into a Sioux Falls man's home to rob him of drug money and wound up shooting the robbery target and his father both pleaded guilty to assault and manslaughter Tuesday..
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-18-2022 at 09:12 AM.

Thread Information