Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Travis Payea, 24 - Suicide

Re: Travis Payea, 24 - Suicide

Thanks Nestle for posting that video, It wasnt coming up on the other link. 

From the way it looked to me, Danielle was totally in on it.  The acting was completly lame and not only that, I noticed as well the end of the knife in the one shot, you could see something was on it.  Pretty fucked up if it was a prank and she knew nothing about it, but if she did know, then turning that into the cops makes no sense to me. 

To whomever posted the comment that Derek Faxlanger was also a defendant in this case and pled guilty, I wonder why you didn't say what it was he pled guilty to. Is it because you read it in a newspaper article and they are your source of information? If so, big mistake. Half of everything printed regarding this case was false. To clear things up for everybody--Danielle did know what was going on, she was NOT a newcommer to the group-had been there partying many times before as a matter of fact (there is actually another video of a party there almost a year before this that clearly shows Danielle). She had gone to school with most of these kids for several years. One thing the video doesn't show is Danielle going back to the house that night right after the video was made and partying half of the night away with them. It also doesn't show her and a bunch of kids going back there the next day to watch the video together. Oh yea, and that predug grave the media was so intent on reporting about, was actually a hole that has been there for years that people use when playing paint ball. But that doesn't make for a very interesting story does it? If you watch the video closely you can see Danielle wiping her nose with one hand while she is supposed to have her hands tied behind her back. I could go on and on about the inacuracies of whats in the tape and what has been reported in the media but I guess I've said enough for now. Other than to add, Travis Payea DID NOT commit suicide, and Derek Faxlanger pled guilty to an MIP= minor in possession of alcohol, a misdimeanor for which he received 6 months probation.

[quote author=first hand information link=topic=827.msg1302636#msg1302636 date=1244743998]
    Is it because you read it in a newspaper article and they are your source of information?
    [/quote]

What other sources of information are available besides newspapers, online media, or person's coming to the site such as yourself? MDS re-posts publicly available information found elsewhere on the internet. If he did not commit suicide, feel free to give us the true cause of death so the title can be changed.

Welcome to the site and thanks for giving us "first hand information".

[quote author=first hand information link=topic=827.msg1302636#msg1302636 date=1244743998]To whomever posted the comment that Derek Faxlanger was also a defendant in this case and pled guilty, I wonder why you didn't say what it was he pled guilty to.  Is it because you read it in a newspaper article and they are your source of information? If so, big mistake. Half of everything printed regarding this case was false. To clear things up for everybody--Danielle did know what was going on, she was NOT a newcommer to the group-had been there partying many times before as a matter of fact (there is actually another video of a party there almost a year before this that clearly shows Danielle). She had gone to school with most of these kids for several years. One thing the video doesn't show is Danielle going back to the house that night right after the video was made and partying half of the night away with them. It also doesn't show her and a bunch of kids going back there the next day to watch the video together. Oh yea, and that predug grave the media was so intent on reporting about, was actually a hole that has been there for years that people use when playing paint ball. But that doesn't make for a very interesting story does it? If you watch the video closely you can see Danielle wiping her nose with one hand while she is supposed to have her hands tied behind her back. I could go on and on about the inacuracies of whats in the tape and what has been reported in the media but I guess I've said enough for now. Other than to add, Travis Payea DID NOT commit suicide, and Derek Faxlanger pled guilty to an MIP= minor in possession of alcohol, a misdimeanor for which he received 6 months probation.[/quote]

That would be me, and to answer your question:  Yes, I did get it from a newspaper story.  I even posted the link.  I googled Derek's name and couldn't find what he pleaded to so you may notice I didn't make any assumptions and simply said he "pleaded guilty."  He could have pleaded guilty to kidnapping or jaywalking for all I know - but I wasn't going to make something up when I simply didn't know.  I think most of the posters in this thread agree that this case was bullshit.  I know I do.  I wish you'd come back and fill us in on the first hand info you have.

RIP Travis, Annie and Derek...
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

[quote author=first hand information link=topic=827.msg1302636#msg1302636 date=1244743998]
    Other than to add, Travis Payea DID NOT commit suicide, and Derek Faxlanger pled guilty to an MIP= minor in possession of alcohol, a misdimeanor for which he received 6 months probation.
    [/quote]

6 months probation for an MIP? everyone I know that's gotten an MIP just had to do a few hours of community service, 6 hours of alcohol awareness, and pay a $250 fine. maybe texas is just different?

oh and pertaining to the video, it looks like bad acting to me. doesn't she act dead at the end?

http://www.nothingtoxic.com/media/1153747584/Cruel_and_Twisted_Murder_Prank

youtube link wouldn't work for me

Thread Information