Thread: What's the geekiest thing you love?

What's the geekiest thing you love?

Mine is LOGIC GRID PUZZLES. So much fun. Braingle.com has good ones. Go do one! They make you smart

I love chess.
    I used to love Sudoku, but I think the game is way to easy.

I love my Buffy the vampire slayer comics.

I love reading the science sites, and I love the history channel.

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar
    My husband.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

Quote Originally Posted by neenerneener View Post
    My husband.
    Aww.

i'm not sure how to define geek... i have said once or twice that i totally geek out on 'supernatural'. or i guess horror movies and television in general. i love MDS. does that count?
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

My Harry Potter book and movie collection. Everytime a new movie was expected to come out I would read the series from start to end. I have done this seeeevvverall tiiimes.

I also love my Brit Pop collection on my I-Pod. Drives my kids insane when I get into one of my Pulp or Blur moods. I was just listening and singing Parklife and Mile End on my drive to my daughter's. My granddaughter knows all the words to Sleeper's Inbetweener since she was little. Song 2 or "the Woo-Hoo song" as she calls it usually has to be played at least 3 or 4 times in succession when she's in the car with me. Then we can't exit the car until Girls and Boys is finished. She even does the cockney accent. It's extremely hard to keep a straight face. So she has inherited my geekiness.

Finally to end my beloved geek collection, I have my collection of Fable and Oblivion XBox 360 games that are all mine with my own Fable Collector's controller.

I am an admitted dork.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

Southern Undertaker Key West Digger's Avatar
    Have you read JK Rowling new book - Casual Vacancy? I got to page 130 and was dying a slow death, so I turned it back in to the library. Thought I had read it was a suspense novel. Boy was I wrong.

Big Bang Theory. Geeky is sexy. I'm waiting for my Leonard to come sweep me off my feet! I also love Doctor Who.

Oh and my son. He takes geek to a whole new level, and I couldn't be prouder!

Quote Originally Posted by blueyedgirlmjag View Post
    Big Bang Theory. Geeky is sexy. I'm waiting for my Leonard to come sweep me off my feet! I also love Doctor Who.
    We tease my son all the time by calling him Sheldon. He is actually a combo of Howard and Sheldon.lol

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

World of Warcraft. Even though I don't really play anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by neenerneener View Post
    My husband.
    I have to say "Ditto" and vote for my hubby, too.
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

I call my son raj because when he gets around girls he clams up LOL. He then calls me Amy, because I am too logical and don't get many jokes. I have a shirt with Knock Knock Penny on it. I am obsessed with the show.

I am obsessed with Harry Potter. I went to all of the book and movie releases at midnight in my Harry Potter costume. I cried when I left the theater after the last movie. lol

I also have a Harry Potter tattoo. :-)

Oh that is awesome. I want to get the rock paper scissors lizard Spock chart as a tattoo, just waiting til I get a job.

Oh that is awesome. I want to get the rock paper scissors lizard Spock chart as a tattoo, just waiting til I get a job.

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Quote Originally Posted by blueyedgirlmjag View Post
    Oh and my son. He takes geek to a whole new level, and I couldn't be prouder!
    Right there with ya!
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyGirl View Post
    I am obsessed with Harry Potter. I went to all of the book and movie releases at midnight in my Harry Potter costume. I cried when I left the theater after the last movie. lol

I also have a Harry Potter tattoo. :-)
    It was something I bonded with my middle daughter over then I got sucked in. I got pulled over once around three AM by a cop who thought I was leaving a bar. I told him I had just got out from seeing HP and the Order of the Phoenix. The asshole didn't believe me until I showed my ticket stub. The only reason I was alone was becuz the kids were going the next day when I was scheduled for a job.interview. After that one we all did the midnight showings for the rest. We even did the Deathly Hallows 1 & 2 marathon on opening.night. I pretty much cried most of the second one.

I think the fact that the one thing me and my daughter really bonded over and was our thing kinda added to the sadness of it coming to the end. The good news is that my granddaughter has discovered it now and I get to start all over again with her.

As I stated in previous post she enjoys my taste in music too. Yesterday while I was cooking I had my IPod plugged into the speakers and she was in there singing and dancing with me as I cooked. Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds came on and she was asking.me questions about it and I explained that it was about using your imagination and the story of how the song was inspired by a picture that Julian Lennon.drew. So my granddaughter, 5 years old, draws me this really neat picture of what she thinks Lucy would look like. It was so cool.

I have to discover the common & scientific name of every new creature I see in real life, starting with the tiniest bug through to the largest mammal. It's an obsession. I will remember the ones I can't I.D for years & years until I finally get it (I found one name I'd been hunting for over 5yrs thanks to a bug KWD posted in the science/tech thread. I'm still abnormally happy about that).

I also laugh far too much at things like this

Doctor Who. The show makes me stupidly happy and I own a very nice replica of the Fourth Doctor's scarf. And yes, I will be getting a floppy hat and an argyle sweater vest (which I'll probably never wear in public).

I don't know what it is about the show, either. I love the episodes where he goes back and meets historical figures like Van Gogh and Charles Dickens. I love the writing, and I think "The Girl in the Fireplace" is one of the best hours of tv I've ever seen. I could watch that show all day, every day and never get bored.
    "A vagabond dreamer, a rhymer and singer of songs
    Singing to no one and nowhere to really belong." - Waylon Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Doctor Who. The show makes me stupidly happy and I own a very nice replica of the Fourth Doctor's scarf. And yes, I will be getting a floppy hat and an argyle sweater vest (which I'll probably never wear in public).

I don't know what it is about the show, either. I love the episodes where he goes back and meets historical figures like Van Gogh and Charles Dickens. I love the writing, and I think "The Girl in the Fireplace" is one of the best hours of tv I've ever seen. I could watch that show all day, every day and never get bored.

I used to get all giddy like that watching the X-Files. Still miss "Foxy" Mulder and Scully.

Thread Information