Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 11-year-old Alabama boy kills 1,051-pound "monster pig"

11-year-old Alabama boy kills 1,051-pound "monster pig"

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2007/05...than-hogzilla/

An 11-year-old Alabama boy used a pistol to kill a wild hog that just may be the biggest pig ever found.

Jamison Stone's father says the hog his son killed weighed a 1,051 pounds and measured 9-feet-4 from the tip of its snout to the base of its tail. Think hams as big as car tires.

If the claims are accurate, Jamison's trophy boar would be bigger than Hogzilla, the famed wild hog that grew to seemingly mythical proportions after being killed in south Georgia in 2004.

Hogzilla originally was thought to weigh 1,000 pounds and measure 12 feet in length. National Geographic experts who unearthed its remains believe the animal actually weighed about 800 pounds and was 8 feet long.

After seeing the pig in person, taxidermist Jerry Cunningham told The Anniston Star it was "the biggest thing I'd ever seen ... it's huge."

The Anniston Star reported that the feral hog was weighed at the Clay County Farmer's Exchange in Lineville. Workers at the co-op verified that the basic truck scales used were recently certified by the state. But no workers from the co-op were present when the hog was weighed.

Jamison is reveling in the attention over his pig, which has a Web site put up by his father ? http://www.monsterpig.com ? that is generating Internet buzz.

"It feels really good," Jamison, of Pickensville, said in a telephone interview with The Associated Press. "It's a good accomplishment. I probably won't ever kill anything else that big."

Jamison, who killed his first deer at age 5, was hunting with father Mike Stone and two guides in east Alabama on May 3 when he bagged Hogzilla II. He said he shot the huge animal eight times with a .50-caliber revolver and chased it for three hours through hilly woods before finishing it off with a point-blank shot.

Through it all there was the fear that the animal would turn and charge them, as wild boars have a reputation of doing.

"I was a little bit scared, a little bit excited," said Jamison, who just finished the sixth grade on the honor roll at Christian Heritage Academy, a small, private school.

His father said that, just to be extra safe, he and the guides had high-powered rifles aimed and ready to fire in case the beast with 5-inch tusks decided to charge.

With the pig finally dead in a creek bed on the 2,500-acre Lost Creek Plantation, a commercial hunting preserve in Delta, trees had to be cut down and a backhoe brought in to bring Jamison's prize out of the woods.

It was hauled on a truck to the Clay County Farmers Exchange in Lineville, where Jeff Kinder said they used his scale, which was recently calibrated, to weigh the hog.

Kinder, who didn't witness the weigh-in, said he was baffled to hear the reported weight of 1,051 pounds because his scale ? an old, manual style with sliding weights ? only measures to the nearest 10.

"I didn't quite understand that," he said.

Mike Stone said the scale balanced one notch past the 1,050-pound mark, and he thought it meant a weight of 1,051 pounds.

"It probably weighed 1,060 pounds. We were just afraid to change it once the story was out," he said.

The hog's head is now being mounted on an extra-large foam form by Cunningham of Jerry's Taxidermy in Oxford. Cunningham said the animal measured 54 inches around the head, 74 inches around the shoulders and 11 inches from the eyes to the end of its snout.

Mike Stone is having sausage made from the rest of the animal. "We'll probably get 500 to 700 pounds," he said.

Jamison, meanwhile, has been offered a small part in "The Legend of Hogzilla," a small-time horror flick based on the tale of the Georgia boar. The movie is holding casting calls with plans to begin filming in Georgia.

The Anniston Star reported that congratulatory calls have come all the way from California, where Jamison appeared on a radio talk show. Jamison apparently has gotten words of congratulation from Rickey Medlocke of Lynyrd Skynyrd, country music star Kenny Chesney, Tom Knapp of Benelli firearms and Jerry Miculek of Smith & Wesson.

Jamison is enjoying the newfound celebrity generated by the hog hunt, but he said he prefers hunting pheasants to monster pigs.

"They are a little less dangerous."

And this is why I stay inside.

I used to be forcibly dragged on piggin' trips for my school holidays when I was a kid. My cousins lived in the dead centre of New South Wales, 8 hrs away from Sydney, in between Dubbo & Bourke where there's been a serious feral pig & goat problem for decades. We got the rare monster pig, but that? That is a whale dressed in a pig suit.

Wow. If it had charged their rifles would've been as useful as pretzel sticks.

ETA thought I'd see what it's like out there these days, are the ferals better etcetc. Found this very recent article on feral pigs in that region, from Australia's national broadcaster, the ABC -

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-11-0...utback/5064268

There's a podcast of a genuine Aussie wool classer describing the event in the article below & another incident when he ran a motorbike over the nose of a boar sleeping in a creek. For those who listen to the podcast :

yabbie =

6 pack =

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-11-0...utback/5064268

Posted Fri 1 Nov 2013, 2:57pm AEDT Just imagine coming home and knowing someone or something has been in your house.

You open the door and there's mess everywhere and the place stinks.

That's what happened to a wool classer who was staying at a mate's place in far west New South Wales.

Tim Clarke says feral pigs can be a big problem and they're not above trashing a lounge room.

"There was food out everywhere all over the floor. There was rotten food and they'd even chewed through the baked bean cans.

"They'd had a go at anything that had food in it; they'd rooted out everything and there was faeces.

"The hut's been an ongoing project. It's made out of telegraph poles, old local sandstone and the doors are made out of rolled-down blinds.

"They've got strong heads, so they just pushed them (blinds) out the way and in they went through the doors.
    Last edited by blighted star; 11-27-2013 at 02:17 AM.

That's nuts.

And I just read that article backwards, for whatever reason...
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Holy Shit that's alot of pork chops there..

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

Sick of reading stories about people finding these amazing rare and record breaking animals, and then killing them

Quote Originally Posted by idlewildgirl View Post
    Sick of reading stories about people finding these amazing rare and record breaking animals, and then killing them
    Feral hogs like that can do a lot of damage.

<snip>Feral hogs are proving to be stiff competition, as they snack on sugar cane in Lafourche and St. Mary parishes and devour the rice fields of Acadia Parish.

But the wild pigs? palate could also pose trouble for the New Orleans region?s efforts to protect itself against storm surge. The swine have taken to uprooting levees, requiring thousands of dollars in repairs that the pigs quickly destroy again, and to dining on what?s left of the state?s rapidly disappearing marshland.

Without help from the U.S. Department of Agriculture, said Guiseppe Miserendino, regional director of the Southeast Louisiana Flood Protection Authority-West, ?We can?t keep up with them.??

Feral pigs are far more destructive than nutria and armadillos and constitute a threat to human beings, agriculture and the environment.
    http://www.nola.com/environment/inde...ar_cane_r.html
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

What a magnificent animal. Sad. Why couldn't they just let it be.
    I Feel More Like I Do Now Than When I Got Here

Now featuring creatures. Creature Feature's Avatar
    Wasn't this a pet pig named Fred, sold off to a hunting preserve a few days before just for the kid?

I don't want to live in a world where people want this fucking thing to stay alive.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by becoming View Post
    I don't want to live in a world where people want this fucking thing to stay alive.
    THANK YOU!

I am so sick of people pissing and moaning about these wild and savage animals. These things would eat you if they got the chance. And they destroy anything that people create. Why get upset over this shit!?!? THESE ANIMALS DO NOT LIKE YOU!
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

That would be just sad if this is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Creature Feature View Post
    Wasn't this a pet pig named Fred, sold off to a hunting preserve a few days before just for the kid?
    ugh-I was responding to this and forgot to quote.

Well, that was a double post, but I'm okay with saying it twice. I mean it that much.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by becoming View Post
    Well, that was a double post, but I'm okay with saying it twice. I mean it that much.
    Yea, I don't get it either.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Creature Feature View Post
    Wasn't this a pet pig named Fred?
    Its not sad to kill something until you name it then its mean

Southern Undertaker Key West Digger's Avatar
    I don't remember the full story other than it took two days to clean and dress. Then almost a week to butcher it down to make saguages.

I'm sorry but if this thing was coming near me it would be very difficult to say , "Oh how pretty!" I love animals just as much as anyone, but I ain't gonna be the next Timothy Treadwell either.

You know that big of a hog that kid had to have smelled it coming way before it got there.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

Quote Originally Posted by queenaevadamthng View Post
    You know that big of a hog that kid had to have smelled it coming way before it got there.
    wtf.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    THANK YOU!

I am so sick of people pissing and moaning about these wild and savage animals. These things would eat you if they got the chance. And they destroy anything that people create. Why get upset over this shit!?!? THESE ANIMALS DO NOT LIKE YOU!

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyGirl View Post
    Its not sad to kill something until you name it then its mean
    All the 4H kids do it around here. Raise a piggy from a baby (usually they are named); take it to the county fair where they might win a ribbon then off to the butcher it goes. The cycle starts again the next spring.
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

http://www.fieldandstream.com/pages/...-name-was-fred

Its still a massive ass pig but, after reading the above article and the wikipedia for monster pig, it just gets sad. Apparently, this was a farm pig that liked canned sweet potatoes, playing with children, and NOT being chased down and shot 18 times by a "hunter" that couldn't aim and required a fenced in plantation to bag a kill. If it were a wild boar then at least there would be some sport to it. Instead of shooting a giant dangerous beast that could easily shred up the whole hunting party, this kid took shots at a farm pet that was used to seeing humans as friends and had no instinct to charge at them.

Okay, that really is sad :(

Brightside...err... I think everyone ate well after this! At least I hope so.

Thread Information