Thread: Ohio Couple Return A Child Back To Adoption Agency 9 Years

Ohio Couple Return A Child Back To Adoption Agency 9 Years

Ohio couple now facing arrest for returning their 9-year-old adoptive son who was described by neighbors as ?bad seed?

Cleveland Cox, 49, and wife Lisa, 52, face misdemeanor charges of recklessly abandoning the 9-year-old boy
    Coxes have been raising boy since he was 3 months old, and have two other children
    Attorney appointed by court to protect the child?s legal interests said parents claimed 9-year-old behaved aggressively
    Family live in impressive 4-bedroom home in Liberty Township, Ohio, worth more than $330,000

Charged: Lisa Davis Cox faces a misdemeanor charge of reckless abandonment of a child after she and her husband allegedly left their adopted son at child services

Law enforcement officials in Ohio have issued a warrant for the arrest of a local couple who have returned their adopted son to the state after raising him for nearly a decade.

Cleveland Cox, 49, and wife Lisa, 52, face a misdemeanor charge of recklessly abandoning the 9-year-old boy, whose name has not been released, after leaving him at Butler County Children Services last month.

On Thursday, sheriff?s deputies made an attempt to arrest the parents, but they were not home. The Ohio couple also reportedly have taken their other two kids from school citing a family emergency.

Adolf Olivas, an attorney appointed by the court to protect the child?s legal interests, told the Hamilton-Middletown Journal-News that the parents said the boy behaved aggressively and would not agree to get help.

In August, Mrs Cox filed a report with the local sheriff?s office claiming that her adoptive son suffers from mental issues, and that he threatened to kill everyone in the house with a knife.

?According to Mrs. Cox [the boy] has outbursts every day but nothing this severe,? the report stated. ?Mrs. Cox explained that [the boy] has been hospitalized for these disorders and has been to Children?s Hospital in Cincinnati on several occasions.?

The document went on to say that Lisa Cox wanted to take the 9-year-old to a hospital in Dayton and have him evaluated over a period of 72 hours, Dayton Daily News reported.

County Prosecutor Michael Gmoser said Thursday that he doesn?t usually seek indictments in misdemeanor cases but views this as an exceptional case.

?When you are the parent and you recklessly abandon a child or children, there are criminal consequences,? Gmoser said.

?These children don?t have a return-to-sender stamp emblazoned on their forehead.?

The child is hurt and confused and doesn?t understand what is happening, Olivas said.

?If your 9-year-old needs help, you get him help,? Olivas told the newspaper.

Neighbors said the Coxes are good parents and people. One of them described the 9-year-old adopted boy as a ?bad seed.?

But according to Gosmer, that does not excuse the parents? actions.

Quiet: Mrs Cox and her husband Cleveland have not spoken publicly about the charges

?Children are like that box of chocolates, ?he told WCPO, paraphrasing a famous line from ?Forrest Gump.? ?You really never know what you?re going to get, but u have the responsibility, especially if you have the means, to care for them.?

According to the site AOL Real Estate, the Coxes live in a 4-bedroom, 3-bathroom brick house valued at $338,712 in the 8200 block of Windsor Trail.

?This is not about somebody who can?t pay to support the child,? the prosecutor said.

The median annual income in the region where the parents live is more than $100,000, and the median home value is more than $280,000, according to census data.

The Coxes could face up to six months in jail and a $1,000 fine if convicted of the first-degree misdemeanor.

They have a hearing in Butler County Juvenile Court November 27.

?These are the only parents he has ever known?, Gmoser said.

?What do you think happens at night when he goes to sleep and doesn?t have his brothers around or someone to talk to he has known for nine years??

Attorney Adolf Olivas said that while the 9-year-old is now receiving the care he needs, he doesn?t understand what has happened to him.

Well-heeled neighborhood: The family live in an area where the median annual income is more than $100,000

Benjamin Johnson, a spokesman for the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services, said such cases are rare.

A Tennessee woman who ended her adoption of a 7-year-old Russian boy by putting him on a plane to Moscow by himself in 2010 lost her bid this year to keep from paying $150,000 in child support.

Criminal charges were not filed against the woman, but the Seattle-based adoption agency sued her for support.

Extraordinary case: County Prosecutor Michael Gmoser said he doesn?t usually seek indictments in misdemeanor cases but views this as an exceptional case

She had pinned a note to the boy saying he had violent behavior problems and she no longer wanted to be his mother.

The sheriff?s office did not immediately return calls on whether the warrant had been served.

http://sotomayortv.com/ohio-couple-r...isappear-feel/

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    What a sorry little cunt family. You adopt the kid as a baby, which means that whatever nurturing you failed to give is at least 50% responsible for how this kid turned out. Whether you didn't spank him, ground him, teach him right from wrong, reinforce good behavior while discouraging the bad behaviour...whatever the fuck it was, you failed miserably. And to top it all off, you blame it on the kid and stamp his forehead with

RETURN TO SENDER

??? What the bloody fucking jezus hell are you thinking?? Bet they "agonized" over this one in church, too.

Fuck them both.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

OMG this is extremely close to where I live.

There is a possibility that this child was a sociopath from birth and there is no way of rehabilitating him. I'm sure they did everything they possibly could to help him. What else do people expect them to do? If he was violent he could hurt their other children.
    Last edited by Angiebla; 11-18-2013 at 09:02 PM.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar
    Eh, I don't know. My family contemplated institutionalizing my sister when she was younger because of her violent, aggressive, unpredictable, dangerous behavior. Sometimes it's more than just a parenting fail. This sounds like much more than "He sucks, I want a replacement model." If you are worried someone in your house is going to hurt or kill someone else- it's not an easy situation, you know?

ETA: Also, they left him with child services. I'd like to know more about that, for sure.
    Last edited by Nancy Drew; 11-18-2013 at 09:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

I agree with ND - there is so much more here potentially than meets the eye.
    While dropping the kid at social services with a note is awful , I think a seriously emotionally distrubed child can really tax a family to its limits. I have worked with parents who follow their kid down the rabbit hole, despite the cost to them financially and emotionally . I have dealt with other parents who absolutely DESPISE their children, and show it to them. Their "out of control behavior" is a result of knowing their parent hates them. I think we need more info on the situation as a whole, but definitely not to judge too fast.
    You're entitled to your own opinions. You're not entitled to your own facts.- D. Moynihan
    Quote Originally Posted by aquatwins View Post
    I WILL STICK MY DICK IN YOUR HEAD

Thread Information