Page 79 of 79 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79
Results 1,951 to 1,960 of 1960

Thread: Bad Cops. BAD! BAD!

Idaho Sheriff Charged After Threatening To Shoot Mormon Youth Group Leaving Thank You Note On His Door

An Idaho Sheriff is now facing felony charges, after threatening a Latter Day Saints youth group with his gun.

The youth group, which consisted of seven girls between the ages of 12 and 16 along with their adult Chaperone, were leaving "thankful turkeys", thank you cards adorned with the image of a turkey, throughout their Bingham County neighborhood.

Their delivery system was to tape the turkeys on front doors, ring the doorbell, but then leave before the recipients could answer the door.

Their route included the home of Sheriff Craig Rowland, who told investigators he saw two people running away from his house at around 8pm, while he was outside with his Yorkie.

After hearing the doorbell ring, Rowland reportedly stepped outside and pursued the car being driven by the youth group leader.

While the group leader informed Rowland she and the girls had just left something on the front door for his wife, a violent altercation ensued.

According to court documents, Chief Rowland admitted to investigators he grabbed the group leader by her hair, holding his gun in his other hand.

"I reach in and pull the driver out by the hair, I say, ?Who the f*ck are you?? "

"And I do have a gun in my hand, but I still have my finger on the slide."

Rowland also admitted to having consumed an alcoholic beverage, but insisted he was not drunk, and eventually let the group leave.

"I had all of my facilities with me, I was clear as a freakin bell."

The youth group leader, as well as the young women in the group, however offered a very different account.

Multiple members of the group claim Rowland pointed the gun inches from the group leader's face, demanding to know who she was saying "I will f*cking shoot you."

The group leader also revealed she was a former neighbor of Rowland's, and tried to remind him of this, but he seemed unable or unwilling to register this information.

"That's when I really got scared because the gun was still at my head and he didn?t know who I was."

Video footage from the sheriff's Ring doorbell camera reportedly captured footage of the young girls taping the note to Rowland's door, ringing the doorbell and running away.

Rowland could then be seen stepping outside, reading the note, audibly reading "thank you", before then declaring "That's frickin' bullsh--", and calling for his wife to get his gun.

In order to avoid any conflict of interest with the Bingham County Prosecutor's Office, the Idaho Attorney General's Office was called in to investigate and prosecute the case, and a summons was issued this past Tuesday.

Rowland was subsequently charged with aggravated battery, aggravated assault, and exhibition of a deadly weapon.

Rowland later told Blackfoot Police Chief Scott Gray he "really screwed up", but then rather audaciously blamed the local Indigenous community for his behavior.

"I have been doing this job for 36 years."

?I have had drunk Indians drive down my cul-de-sac."

"I?ve had drunk Indians come to my door."

"I live just off the reservation, we have a lot of reservation people around us that are not good people."

As a result, members of the Shoshone-Bannock tribe have called for Rowland's immediate dismissal, with spokesperson Devon Boyer saying in a statement.

"We ask Rowland to officially step down as Sheriff and offer a public apology to the Fort Hall community."

?We hope the woman and the children involved will be able to heal from this traumatic incident."

"This incident should not have occurred but proves racism still exists."

"We need major relationship building between our communities."

Viewers of KTVB 7's report were in full agreement, though many believed he deserved far worse than merely losing his job.

"Sheriff: 'we have a lot of ... people around us who are not good people.' You pointed a gun at a youth group. If you are looking for 'not good people', just look in the mirror."- George H.

"Step down? He ought to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law just like he would do to the rest of us."- Daniel Joseph

"This is horrific act from a policeman who is sworn to protect the public. He is used to evidently getting away with crimes like this because he is still allowed to work."

"This shows the heart of the police force over him who are just as evil and allowing him to continue to work. He should be fired on the spot and never be allowed to take a police job."- Eva Perpruner.

"His defence is to say... 'I thought they were Indians' ???! He genuinely believes that would then make his behavior acceptable."- David Aspinall

"My feelings hurt for everyone because it's not fair at all how others are being treated by the ones they're supposed to at least trust to help them if something happens...this is why no one wants to call them and people create their own street justice."- Aries

"Insanity. How sad. Qualified immunity needs to go. The second it?s gone all of these dark triad sociopaths who are attracted to the chance to abuse power will stick to politics instead."- Joshua Valentine

"The criminal, potentially homicidal, behavior by the sheriff is precisely what results from 'Qualified Immunity'. That completely dishonorable sheriff is so accustomed to being unaccountable, that he just reflexively pulled a gun on these horrified people."

"End qualified immunity NOW. It can only improve all our lives."- Trafy Knits

Rowland is no stranger to controversy.

In 2016, he criticized a statewide bill hoping to aid in the collection and tracking of rape kits, claiming the majority of reports of sexual assault were not true.

While Rowland remains Bingham County's elected sheriff, he has agreed to take a leave of absence pending the trial.

His first scheduled court appearance is on December 22, where he could face up to 15 years in prison for aggravated battery and an additional five years for aggravated assault.
    https://www.comicsands.com/idaho-she...656062512.html
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    And these are the kinds of people they let be cops. Fucking hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Awesome!!!!

Thousands of Los Angeles County sheriff’s deputies, supervisors and dispatchers have not completed required training courses in recent years, according to a California oversight agency.

An audit last year by the Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training found that more than 80% of the thousands of sheriff’s deputies and supervisors included in commission databases had not met at least one of many training requirements, including firearms competency and arrest tactics.

The commission sets training standards for California law enforcement, which include a minimum of 24 hours of coursework every two years. More than 600 agencies, including the Sheriff’s Department, have agreed to meet those requirements and, in return, receive funding, training programs and other support from the state.

The commission reviewed records from 2019 and 2020 that showed 7,729 sheriff’s employees were in law enforcement assignments that require certain training. The audit found 2,462 of the employees had not completed firearms courses, about 2,350 deputies had lapsed on driver awareness training and more than 1,650 deputies had missed required courses on how to arrest and control suspects, the audit found. Many deputies were deficient in multiple categories.

In addition, more than half of the Sheriff’s Department’s 483 dispatchers, who coordinate which deputies will respond to calls for help, did not complete some or all of their training, the audit said.

The 2,922 deputies assigned to L.A. County jails were excluded from the audit because they are not required by the commission to complete the training courses until they are reassigned to patrol or other assignments, the audit said.

Sheriff Alex Villanueva told The Times that the Sheriff’s Department has made progress in training personnel since he took over the department in December 2018. He said compliance with training requirements is at 37%, up from 22% when he started.

“It is also important to note, if someone is missing one hour of the 24 hour mandated, they are considered delinquent. A large number of all our people have almost all the training completed, but are just missing a four hour segment,” Villanueva said by text.

Villanueva blamed the deficiencies on a lack of funding, saying it costs $7 million to offer eight hours of training to the department’s sworn personnel.

“Ask the board why do they think their actions are acceptable,” he said, referring to the county’s Board of Supervisors, which sets the sheriff’s budget.

Supervisors did not respond to requests for comment.

The sheriff said the training shortfalls have a “huge impact” on public safety and expose the department to costly verdicts in lawsuits.

The tactical handgun training covers firearms safety, how to make decisions on when to shoot and when not to shoot, and the fundamentals of marksmanship, according to the commission’s website. Other topics covered in the courses deputies had not completed include deescalating tense situations, report writing and the use of force.

State officials said the pandemic may have contributed to the Sheriff‘s Department’s low compliance rates.

“COVID was a reason why folks didn’t get training because training facilities were closed,” said Christine Ford, the commission’s bureau chief of training delivery and compliance. “You can’t teach firearms in an online platform — or driving.”

But compliance with training requirements was already low before the pandemic. A previous audit, which covered 2017 and 2018, found deficiencies similar to the recent review.

Ford and the state official who conducted the audit of the Sheriff’s Department, Matthew O’Deane, said some deputies also may have been injured or on military leave, which could be why they didn’t complete the training.

Across the state, staffing shortages and budget problems also contribute, O’Deane said. In areas that are short staffed, he said, sending an officer to training for a day may require bringing in another officer to cover their shift.

“In those scenarios, it’s very difficult to do training,” he said.

The Sheriff’s Department, Villanueva said, lost 1,281 positions in fiscal year 2020-21— jobs county officials said were eliminated from the budget because they were vacant or after the employee was reassigned.
    https://www.latimes.com/california/s...ciencies-audit

Claims that they don't have enough money to train, steals taxpayer money through fraud:

COMPTON, Calif. (KABC) -- The city of Compton is taking legal action against the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department, alleging fraud that cost the city millions of dollars.

The city claims the agency is not living up to its side of a contract to provide law-enforcement services.

"Fraud and breach of contract," claims Compton city attorney Damon Brown.Los Angeles County Sheriff Alex Villanueva says the department has lived up to its policing contract with the city of Compton.

"To call it a fraud that might be a little bit of a stretch," Villanueva said.
    The rest at this link:

https://abc7.com/compton-lawsuit-las...ueva/10700296/

Watching the fits being thrown about threats to LE. And yeah that's just wrong. But surprise surprise surprise! LE has been coddling the MAGAites forever. They ignore militias to go after anyone who leans left. Maybe this will help LE understand that the "right" isn't their friend just cause it's convenient for them to back the blue.

Last edited by puzzld; 08-14-2022 at 05:09 PM.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Watching the fits being thrown about threats to LE. And yeah that's just wrong. But surprise surprise surprise! LE has been coddling the MAGAites forever. They ignore militias to go after anyone who leans left. Maybe this will help LE understand that the "right" isn't their friend just cause it's convenient for them to back the blue.

They made their bed. They need to lie in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    They made their bed. They need to lie in it.
    Well yeah. But first we need them to strip the sheets and get the room cleaned. And maybe set out some air freshener...

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Well yeah. But first we need them to strip the sheets and get the room cleaned. And maybe set out some air freshener...
    Agreed

Found this. Scary accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by KambingSociety View Post
    https://www.lohud.com/story/news/cri...se/1825651001/

Nicholas Tartaglione a former Cop under investigation for murder is now under investigation over Jefferey Epstein.

If Tartaglione Beat Up Jefferey Epstein then pardon him!! He deserves to be pardoned.
    So sorry Kambing, no pardon.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...murd-rcna78635

Former New York police officer convicted in ?gangland-style? quadruple murder

Thread Information