Page 70 of 79 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 1960

Thread: Bad Cops. BAD! BAD!

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    So I want to know how much compassion this officer had when he encountered someone else with drugs??? Such hypocrisy!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...id=mailsignout

Video shows Florida deputy accused of stealing from dying man
    Since dude listened to the initial call, he must've heard there were cameras. Numnuts.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Ex-SC Cop Who Killed Walter Scott Will Learn Fate Soon

http://www.wltx.com/news/local/micha...ling/492655946

Quote Originally Posted by jlawrence View Post
    Ex-SC Cop Who Killed Walter Scott Will Learn Fate Soon

http://www.wltx.com/news/local/micha...ling/492655946
    Michael Slager, the former South Carolina police officer who killed unarmed black man Walter Scott, was sentenced Thursday to 20 years in federal prison.

US District Court Judge David Norton made his decision after hearing victim impact statements from Scott's relatives. Norton earlier Thursday had said the "appropriate underlying offense" for Slager, who is white, was second-degree murder and suggested a sentence of 19 to 24 years in prison.

Slager pleaded guilty in May to violation of civil rights by acting under the color of law in Scott's 2015 killing. Slager's 2016 state murder trial ended in a mistrial.

Federal prosecutors sought a life sentence for Slager, arguing he had committed second-degree murder and also should be punished for obstructing justice by providing the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division with false statements.

Slager shot Scott five times in the back "for running away, simply for having a broken taillight," federal prosecutor Jared Fishman told the court in his closing statement this week.

It's "time to call it what it was -- a murder," Fishman said, specifying second-degree murder.
    But defense attorney Andy Savage argued that while Slager's actions were criminal, they did not amount to murder. The appropriate offense was voluntary manslaughter, Slager's attorneys said.

A probation officer had recommended Slager be sentenced to 10 to 13 years in prison.

Norton recognized Thursday that neither the Scott family nor the Slager family likely would be pleased with the sentence he handed down, adding that sentencing is the hardest facet of his more than 27 years on the bench.
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/07/us/mic...ing/index.html
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Fuck the jurors that let these murderous cunts off.

Fuck them all to hell. They're as guilty as the filth that pull the trigger because if they didn't keep letting them walk, over & over & over again, violent cops would consider the consequences & show some fucking restraint before they sprayed bullets at unarmed, nonviolent, compliant people.

I cannot believe they let this lunatic walk. He is fucking INSANE

(judge refused to release the vid until today - after Brailsford already got off )

NSFL

This is Daniel & his unhinged killer, Phillip Brailsford

(could've sworn we had a thread on it but I can't find anything )

https://m.facebook.com/JusticeForDaniel/

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/worl...-a3713946.html

The #WhiteLivesMatter protesters are silent so far, Shaun King & #BLM aren't though.

Captain of Fuckery captainjillian's Avatar
    I noticed also today we don't have a thread for Daniel Shaver, so I'm going to make one, so if we do, can someone merge the one I'm about to make?

I never try anything, I just do it. Wanna try me?

Just came across a tweet from this kid's brother.

http://m.wsfa.com/wsfa/db_330846/con...tguid=kX8FSvEy
    Police: Teen resisted arrest, led to use of physical force
    WSFA 12 News Staff
    Dec 25, 2017 03:08 PM
    TROY, AL (WSFA) - The Troy Police Department has asked the State Bureau of Investigation to investigate after officers arrested a 17-year-old using physical force.

According to police, Troy officers saw the teen walk from behind a closed downtown business Saturday around 11:52 p.m. As the officers exited their patrol vehicle and approached, they say the subject fled on foot. Police say they apprehended the teen on Madison Street but he refused to comply with officers' demands to put his hands behind his back.

Police say the subject struggled and reached for his waistband as if reaching for a weapon. Officers said this led to them using physical force to restrain him.

The 17-year-old was taken to Troy Regional Medical Center for treatment then to UAB for further treatment. He was charged with obstructing governmental operations and resisting arrest, both misdemeanors.

Police say officers returned to the area and the path the teen ran and found a handgun lying on the ground. It was placed into evidence for further processing.

The case is still under investigation. Police say because of the subject's age, no further information will be released at this time.

& his brother's tweet

https://twitter.com/_IAmSpiff_/statu...16679611949062
    Justice for my lil brother , Didnt deserve what happened to him lastnight. Pray for the fam 🙏🏾💯
    As you can see, he's still in cuffs.

These are pix his brother posted showing his appearance before he was met with "reasonable force"

Dude is unrecognizable. Resisting arrest and obstruction, huh? Someone finally got wise to the illogical 'resisting arrest as the only charge' thing and attempted to add on an equally untenable charge. Pfft.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    I can't even with this shit. Exactly HOW are we any different than any other country out there that beats and kills it's citizens at will?

Oh yeah. We're not. We militarized our Police.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I can't even with this shit. Exactly HOW are we any different than any other country out there that beats and kills it's citizens at will?

Oh yeah. We're not. We militarized our Police.
    And if you don't like it, you need to get out!
    Last edited by Ron_NYC; 12-26-2017 at 09:41 PM.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

I hope I am posting this in the right place.

This story left me speechless. I'm not known for having no words.

Lots of video at link.

Sheriff caught on camera ordering officers to kill unarmed man.

A US sheriff is being sued for using excessive force after he was caught on camera ordering his deputies to kill a man involved in a low-speed car chase.

Law enforcement officers tailed Michael Dial, 33, through Tennessee in April for driving without a licence.

During the chase, which only reached about 80km/h, officers from White County attempted to ram Mr Dial?s ute, which was towing a full trailer, off the road.

White County sheriff Oddie Shoupe ordered his officers, via a radio dispatcher, to "take the subject out" and "use deadly force if necessary".

According to a federal lawsuit, Mr Shoupe gave the shoot-to-kill order ?solely to prevent damage to patrol cars?.

When the car was driven off the highway into a ditch, deputy Adam West followed the order and fired nine shots at Mr Dial. Sparta police officer Charlie Sims also fired about five shots at the driver. At least one of the shots hit Mr Dial in the head. The father-of-one?s lifeless body was removed from the car wreck and he was later pronounced dead in hospital. He was not armed.

Body-cam footage of the incident confirms that Mr Shoupe gave the order to use deadly force.

?I said, ?Don?t ram him, shoot him.? F**k that s**t. Ain?t gonna tear up my cars,? he says on the video.

?If they don?t think I?ll give the damn order to kill that motherf***er, they?re full of s**t. Take him out.?

Mr Shoupe turned up on the scene after the shooting, and seemed disappointed to have missed the action.

?I love this s**t. God I tell you what, I thrive on it,? he said.

The footage shows that Mr West is clearly upset immediately after the incident, but Mr Shoupe consoled him by saying he was following orders.

?I made the decision. You don?t have to worry about it. I took that away from y?all,? the sheriff said.

?You don?t have to worry about nothing. Everything?s cool. You done exactly right."

Mr Dial?s widow, Robyn Dial, has filed a federal lawsuit against Mr Shoupe, Mr West, Mr Sims and the City of Sparta.

The lawyer acting for Mrs Dial said Mr Shoupe?s comments were ?very troubling?.

?I don?t know how you can thrive on taking a human life,? David Weissman said in a statement.

?That?s not law enforcement. If that?s the mentality of the highest policy maker in the county, that?s scary.

?Our lawsuit alleges that the force used here was excessive and in clear violation of the constitution.

?We will do everything in our power to seek justice for Mr Dial?s wife and child."

Mrs Dial told Tennessee?s News Channel 5 that she couldn?t believe her husband was gone.

?Why didn?t he stop? He was scared. I know him enough to know that,? she said.

?When I wake up every day and he?s not there, it?s like going through it all over again.

?I feel with every part of me that?s exactly what they wanted to do was kill him."

Tennessee district attorney Bryant Dunaway has ruled that the shooting was justified and said in a statement after the incident that Mr Dial was ?a dangerous and unstable subject?.

Mr Shoupe has declined requests for comment.

The case has come the light the same week that a grand jury has convened to decide whether to charge police officer Mohamed Noor, who shot dead Australian woman Justine Damond in July.

http://www.news.com.au/world/north-a...ae82#sharehash

Nude photo of controversial Oregon sheriff posted on Facebook
    http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-no...ersial_or.html

LOL -
    "I am facing an unusual personal circumstance."
    Hanlin gained national attention in the wake of the October 2015 shooting at Umpqua Community College that left 10 people dead, when it was reported that he had once posted about a Sandy Hook conspiracy theory on his Facebook page.

An off-duty police officer thought a man stole Mentos. So he drew his gun.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.66bdbaac90ad (Video at link)

For a moment, after the off-duty officer produced his pistol, Jose Arreola considered how he might die over a $1.19 pack of Mentos.

Arreola had already paid for the mints in an Orange County gas station March 16 and slid them into his pocket. The officer behind him, clad in black shorts and a sweatshirt, appears to think he sees a crime in progress.

The officer reaches for his semiautomatic pistol, and in a quick action, pulls back the pistol slide to chamber a round, a video shows. “Give that back … police officer,” he tells a stunned Arreola.

Recounting the event later to the Orange County Register, Arreola envisioned how the next few moments could unfold.

“I thought my wife could be a widow after tonight,” Arreola, 49, told the California newspaper about his encounter with the Buena Park police officer.

ALPHARETTA, Ga. -- A police department in Georgia has opened an internal investigation into why an elderly black woman was dragged out of her car during a traffic stop, authorities say. The Alpharetta Department of Public Safety says an officer has resigned following the May 4 incident outside of Atlanta, which was caught on dashcam video.

The 65-year-old woman was pulled over after an Alpharetta police officer saw her vehicle drift into another lane, nearly causing a collision, the department said in a Facebook post. The woman refused to sign her ticket, as required by law in Georgia, and was told she would be arrested for not complying.

She requested a supervisor, who was immediately notified, the department said. The situation, seen on the dashcam video, escalated when backup officers arrived on the scene.

Alpharetta police said the woman became upset and struck the officer with the door of her vehicle when she tried to pull it closed. She was then told she was under arrest, police said, but did not obey the officer's order to step out of her car, saying she wanted to wait for the supervisor.

One of the officers can been heard on the video yelling, "You're not in charge, shut the [expletive] up and get out of the car," before two other officers are seen attempting to pull her from the car. The woman is hear crying for help as the officers pull her arms behind her back.

Officer James Legg, who was identified as the officer who used vulgar language, "interjected himself into the situation using language and tactics that were inappropriate, even inflammatory," according to the department's Facebook post. Legg resigned from the department on May 11. We strive to be a transparent department. If we are going to be 100 percent transparent, that means that we also must be willing to share with you any major concerns that arise regarding employee performance and behavior," Public Safety Chief John Robison said. "There are aspects about this video that simply do not represent our organization."

Robison said he immediately ordered an internal affairs investigation and promised decisive action at the conclusion of the investigation.
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/georgia...oman-from-car/

Florida police officer beats daughter in school office as employees watch

MIAMI --
    A father is under arrest after allegedly beating his daughter at school.

The attack was caught on camera -- and shows school employees going about their business and doing nothing to stop him.

The father, Raymond Emilio Rosario, is also a Miami-Dade police officer with a position at an airport.

Police say on March 19th, a teacher called to tell him his 14-year-old daughter was being disrespectful.

After he arrived at the school's front office, surveillance video shows him slapping his daughter in the face, grabbing her by the hair and striking her twice on the legs with a belt.

Employees didn't intervene at the time but did eventually report the incident to the Florida Department of Children and families.

Rosario surrendered to authorities for child abuse with no great bodily harm on April 2.

The Miami-Dade Police Department suspended him with pay.

http://abc7chicago.com/florida-polic...watch/3461497/

Reminds me of my childhood except my dad wasn't a cop, he was a crackhead. You don't like the way cops act? Next time you're in trouble, call a crackhead!
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

https://www.seattlepi.com/news/crime...g-12994576.php

Update but this time in Arizona

PHOENIX (AP) — The attorney for an Arizona man seen on police video being beaten and mocked while bleeding on a hospital floor said Thursday that it's further evidence an already embattled suburban Phoenix police department has a pattern of acting above the law.

For the third time in a week, body camera videos from the Mesa Police Department have put the agency's policies on the use of force under scrutiny.

Defense attorney Bret Royle said he recently obtained the videos from the January arrest of Jose Luis Conde while negotiating a plea deal for him. Royle said the footage paints a more brutal picture than what he read in police reports.

"When officers act like this, it causes citizens to question the integrity of other officers," Royle said during a news conference at his office. "They violated the trust of prosecutors when they wrote reports that were at minimum embellished if not falsified."

Conde is facing two counts of resisting arrest and one count each of aggravated assault, possession or use of narcotic drugs and escape.

The 23-year-old landscape worker was a passenger in a car Mesa police stopped Jan. 28 for possible drunken driving. An officer did a pat-down search of him and believed he was concealing drugs, according to the police incident report.

The officer then thought Conde was going to attack him and took him to the ground. He continued to struggle and allegedly swung his fists at the officer. They later found three baggies appearing to contain cocaine inside his sock.

While two officers sustained scrapes, Conde was transported to a hospital. Police said Conde tried to flee his hospital room but was caught in the hallway and pushed back by officers.

Video shows an officer punched and elbowed Conde four times while he was handcuffed. Conde said they also threw him into a wall, gouged him in the eye and struck his head with a massive flashlight. He also had to have part of his ear sewn back on.

"They laughed at me while I laid in a pool of my own blood, barely conscious. And this is no laughing matter," Conde said.

He said it's unacceptable that the officers involved have not been disciplined and could possibly do this to other people. "My hope is that my case can bring meaningful change to the Mesa Police Department," Conde said.

In a statement, police Chief Ramon Batista said Conde's arrest is under review but the videos shared don't tell the whole story. The police, Bautista said, will appropriately review any incident that comes to their attention.

"In recent weeks, the Mesa Police Department and our community have experienced some significant challenges. Please be assured that we will get through this difficult period together and emerge even stronger," Batista said.

Last week, the chief enlisted a former prosecutor to investigate two other videotaped encounters. Internal investigations are also underway in both cases, and the police department in nearby Scottsdale will investigate and make recommendations to prosecutors about possible charges.

Footage from body and security cameras shows Mesa officers roughly treating a teenager who was arrested May 17 on suspicion of armed robbery and aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. The footage shows officers cursing the youth and grabbing the collar of his T-shirt tightly around his neck.

In the other case, video shows Mesa officers punching 33-year-old Robert Johnson several times as he stands against a wall while looking at his phone on May 23. Police were responding to another man attempting to break into his ex-girlfriend's apartment. Johnson was standing next to that suspect at the time.

Mesa City Court on Wednesday granted prosecutors' motion to dismiss disorderly conduct and hindering prosecution charges against Johnson.

"We expect the officers involved in the beating of my client to face disciplinary action and termination within the Mesa Police Department," Johnson's attorney, Benjamin Taylor, said in a statement Thursday.

Seven officers have been placed on administrative leave with pay — two in the teen's arrest and five in the case involving Johnson.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-06-2...04?pfmredir=sm

'Incompetent' police botched investigation into Indigenous woman's death, but not racist, NT coroner says
    By Steven Schubert

PHOTO: Louise Rankine with the only photo of her daughter Kwementyaye Green, who was found dead in Tennant Creek in 2013. (ABC News: Mitchell Woolnough)

The Northern Territory Coroner has slammed police for another "botched investigation" into the death of an Indigenous person, but stopped short of accepting that repeated failings are due to institutional racism.

Mother-of-two Kwementyaye Green, 25, died in Tennant Creek in 2013 after bleeding out from a stab wound to her leg which pierced her femoral artery.

She was found dead in a vacant lot in the town, about 500 kilometres north of Alice Springs, with her de facto partner Rodney Shannon lying next to her.

NT Police admitted during the coronial inquest that they destroyed crucial forensic evidence, released Mr Shannon too early, failed to secure the crime scene which potentially allowed Mr Shannon to go back and get rid of evidence, and were "inexplicably preoccupied" with a theory that Ms Green stabbed herself in the thigh.

"During the course of the inquest it became obvious that not only had the investigation taken an inordinate amount of time, but that it was of very poor quality," coroner Greg Cavanagh found.

"The investigation was undertaken by inexperienced officers in an incompetent fashion. In my view, it was so poor that prosecution would only have been possible if the killer confessed."

Police gave "seemingly no consideration" that Mr Shannon might tamper with witnesses or evidence when he was released, noting that it did appear that one crime scene had been "swept and tidied".

"The many failures were not recognised by senior police. How that could be so is worrying. In fact the lack of urgency, intent and competence in the first investigation is mirrored in the actions of senior police," Mr Cavanagh found.

Mr Shannon has never been charged over Ms Green's the death, and the Director of Public Prosecutions has indicated there was not enough evidence to lay any charges against him.

PHOTO: Louise Rankine and Casper Green are hoping the inquest will get to the bottom of what happened to their daughter. (ABC: Jane Bardon)

'When I'm alone, I think of her'

Louise Rankine travelled to Darwin on Thursday to hear the coroner deliver his findings, but was disappointed to hear that still no-one would be charged over her daughter's suspected homicide.

She said it made her sad, especially for her two grandchildren growing up without a mother.

"It's sad seeing those kids. It's not only my kids, any kids without mother," she said.

"That's why we don't have birthdays for them ? we just give them what they want."

While a police officer apologised to her again today, Ms Rankine said she did not accept it.

"How can you apologise to us again for the third time? He should apologise only once," she said.

"I see them (the police) walking around, and I think to myself, they are walking alive. Where's my daughter? That's what I think.

"We need justice. We need justice. Me and my families and the children, the kids, my grandchildren.

"We don't know what to say, we don't know what to do. We need justice. And it is sad for me. Sometimes I'm with my niece's mob and I sit with them and feel happy with them.

"But when I'm alone, I think of her."

PHOTO: NT coroner Greg Cavanagh was highly critical of the destruction of DNA evidence (ABC News: Steven Schubert)

Forensic evidence destroyed by police yet again: Coroner

The coroner also expressed his frustration at presiding over yet another case where NT Police destroyed forensic evidence which could have been helpful in securing a conviction.

"Solving cold cases based on DNA is unlikely to happen in the Northern Territory because police continue to destroy forensic exhibits even after they have been asked not to do so. It is outrageous," he said.

He said during the inquest that he didn't want to see another matter in which relevant forensic material had been destroyed.

"The whole concept of cold case investigations must be redundant up here if these kind of exhibits are going to be destroyed, and I continue to find them destroyed.

"I don't understand why there isn't something explicit, in capital letters in the forensic institute or the offices down in the McAulay Centre [police headquarters] that says, 'don't do this'."

He said he was concerned that senior police had failed to manage this even after it had been brought to their attention.

"The community has been denied the potential to bring to justice those that have committed these dreadful crimes," Mr Cavanagh said.

PHOTO: NT Assistant Police Commissioner Michael Murphy apologises to Kwementyaye Green's father Casper. (ABC News: Stephanie Zillman)

Death not declared major crime for four years

The lead detective of the investigation applied to have Ms Green's death declared a major crime, which would have allocated more resources and more oversight from senior police to the investigation.

That application made it to the desk of then-superintendent James O'Brien, where it seemed to have been lost.

Ms Green's death was not declared a major crime for four years.

But the coroner said this was not the fault of the lead investigator.

"In essence, it appears that not only was a declaration not made, it was not realised it had not been made by senior police until March 2017," Mr Cavanagh found.

"Upon coming to that realisation it still took another eight months to make the declaration."

The coroner also criticised the now Commander O'Brien, who was unable to attend the hearings for medical reasons.

Mr Cavanagh asked Commander O'Brien to make a detailed statement, but noted that statement was only received the day before the inquest recommenced, that it was not detailed, and made no mention of why the major crime application had not advanced.

"This investigation was known to those in the positions exercising governance and supervision to the level of Deputy Commissioner. The question is why nothing was done," he said.

"This is not the first time such issues have arisen."

Mr Cavanagh said there was no supervision and governance from superintendent level to the Commissioner of Police despite many systems designed specifically to provide it.

"Criticising the lower ranks is difficult when the higher ranks were aware of the problems and did nothing," he said.

"What is particularly frustrating is that the higher ranks were spoken to specifically about these problems. Not only did that make no difference, their response to the inquest was late and inadequate."

PHOTO: Mr Green believes police should have better investigated his daughter's death. (ABC: Jane Bardon)

[U]Institutional racism a 'consideration'[/U]

Lawyers for Ms Green's family submitted that the coroner should find the police failings were due to "institutional racism", referring to a report of a failed investigation of a black man in the United Kingdom.

The coroner said that the similarities "certainly invite some consideration", but ultimately could not find so because the UK report was introduced too late in the coronial process to properly put it to senior police.

"I am loathe to make a finding of institutional racism until there is an opportunity to specifically examine that issue throughout an inquest and with all levels of the police force," he said.

"Perhaps, it is lazy policing. Just trying to find the easiest way to wind up an investigation. Or perhaps, it is cultural ignorance."

The coroner made a number of recommendations, including that the Police Commissioner do everything necessary to ensure that specimens and exhibits from coronial investigations are not destroyed without the written consent of a coroner, and to do everything necessary to ensure that specimens and exhibits are not destroyed that relate to sexual offences or other serious offences going to the identity of the alleged offender.

He also recommended that the Police Commissioner ensure that officers investigating major offences "have the appropriate skill, experience and resources", and that senior police undertake their roles in facilitating, supervising and providing governance in relation to all major investigations.

Mr Cavanagh said that he believed that offences may have been committed in connection with Ms Green's death and had reported that to the Police Commissioner and the Director of Public Prosecutions.

"There is a time when apologies are no longer sufficient. The community is not only entitled to expect better investigations, it is entitled to expect that the Police Force will learn from its mistakes," he said.

Also I'll just point out that the typical Australian headline in that last article makes sure to tell us the coroner found that the police investigation was "not racist".

But the coroner actually said nothing of the sort. Lawyers for the family introduced material on a UK court's finding of systemic racism & wanted him to make a similar finding in this case. This was the coroner's real response (from the same damn article)

The coroner said that the similarities "certainly invite some consideration", but ultimately could not find so because the UK report was introduced too late in the coronial process to properly put it to senior police.

"I am loathe to make a finding of institutional racism until there is an opportunity to specifically examine that issue throughout an inquest and with all levels of the police force," he said.

So yeah, he never said it was "not racist"
    Last edited by blighted star; 06-21-2018 at 03:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    Also I'll just point out that the typical Australian headline in that last article makes sure to tell us the coroner found that the police investigation was "not racist".

But the coroner actually said nothing of the sort. Lawyers for the family introduced material on a UK court's finding of systemic racism & wanted him to make a similar finding in this case. This was the coroner's real response (from the same damn article)

So yeah, he never said it was "not racist"
    Just like every report issued finds "no collusion" for the Trumpiac.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

17 year old Antwon Rose from East Pittsburgh was shot 3 times by an officer that was just sworn in not to long before. Here's a video of Antwon running from the cops and then getting shot. https://www.facebook.com/shauny.pret...5530893142291/
    Here's a link with an updated time line I just posted some main ones. https://www.wpxi.com/news/top-storie...ting/773155104

ORIGINAL STORY: A 17-year-old was shot and killed by police in East Pittsburgh Tuesday night after he allegedly ran away from a traffic stop, authorities said.

The Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office identified the teenager as Antwon Rose of Rankin. He attended Woodland Hills High School last year.

According to the Allegheny County Police Department, Rose got out of a vehicle that matched the description of a vehicle seen near a shooting that occurred shortly before 8:30 p.m. on Kirkpatrick Avenue in North Braddock.

The vehicle, which police said had damage from bullets to the back window, was stopped near Grandview Avenue and Howard Street.

An officer from the East Pittsburgh Police Department was handcuffing the driver when two males ran from the car, police said. One of those males was Rose.
    McDonough said two guns were found in the car after the traffic stop, but the 17-year-old was not armed at the time of the shooting.
    The East Pittsburgh police officer who fatally shot an unarmed teenager has been identified as Michael Rosfeld.

He was sworn in to the department just hours before the shooting, but has worked for several police forces, including the University of Pittsburgh.
    There's been protests and they've been shutting down the streets and today a car decided to drive through and was caught by a news live feed of the protest https://www.facebook.com/CBSPittsbur...5928052443822/

I should've put the last article I posted in "That's Racist", because that inquest has Australian media finally taking a proper look at this uninvestigated child murder

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-06-2...police/9899946

Eerily similar' suspected Indigenous murder cases go cold as police explain away the truth
    By Steven Schubert
    Updated about 9 hours ago

PHOTO: The eight-year-old child was found dead in 2007. (ABC News)

The young boy's body was found in the waterhole weighed down with a kilo of rocks stuffed down his shorts.

Key points:
    ? In 2007 an Indigenous boy was found dead in suspicious circumstances near Borroloola. No-one was ever charged
    ? In 2013, Indigenous woman Sasha Green was found dead in suspicious circumstances in Tennant Creek. Again, no-one was charged
    ? The NT coroner was scathing about the police investigations into each of these cases
    ? There were footprints from an adult and a child leading to the waterhole ? but only the adult's footprints led away.

The Raggett family told police it was unlike the boy, who they asked the ABC not to name for cultural reasons, to wander off.

He especially wouldn't head to water, and was always the last to jump into a swimming hole.

But police ignored their knowledge of the eight-year-old.

They thought the death was an accidental drowning and would spend the next few years twisting the facts to back up that hypothesis.

When the police did eventually admit to their mistakes, they promised they had learnt and would never repeat them.

And yet 10 years later, a different Aboriginal family is reeling from police mistakes that were "eerily similar" to the Raggett case.

This is the real life Mystery Road, where Indigenous deaths are explained away by those who are supposed to find the truth.

And the people who coronial inquests say are likely to be guilty of heinous crimes are never charged.

PHOTO: The Raggett family never received answers about the young boy's death. (ABC News: Steven Schubert)

'It was like a joke to them'

"He was a joyful, friendly little boy, he would make friends with any kids, he loved making kids laugh, he was the happiest one out of all of the kids," said the young boy's carer, his auntie Adrianne Raggett.

In October 2007, the young boy's family had a funeral to go to, but he decided to instead go and stay with his dad, who was living nearby in Borroloola.

They left, and never saw the boy alive again.

But when the family raised the alarm that the boy was missing, they say the local police didn't seem to take their concerns seriously.

"They were huffing and said 'Are you sure he's gone, he's not with family?' and I said 'We asked everybody'," Adrianne said.

"It's like they didn't want to bother doing their job or go and look at him. We showed him this foot track and he said 'Are you sure that's his foot track? He might be just going for a walk?'

"I said 'No, he's not going for a walk, because there's another adult foot track next to him', and then they turned around and laughed and walked off.

"It was like it was a joke to them."

The young boy was found a few days later in a muddy waterhole a few hundred metres from his house.

PHOTO: The eight-year-old's body was found in this Borroloola waterhole in 2007. (ABC News: Steven Schubert)

A witness said he saw a rock the size of a bread and butter plate fall out of the boy's shorts when he was lifted out of the water.

Later, two rocks weighing just over a kilo were also found still in his shorts.

This suspicious fact was overlooked.

"They think he slipped in the water so how the hell did big rocks end up in his shorts?" asked Ms Raggett.

With the accidental drowning theory firmly ensconced in the minds of the police, they made a series of mistakes that meant they would never catch the killer.

They didn't set up a crime scene, they didn't search the area immediately for other clues, they didn't show a shirt they found which they assumed belonged to the boy to his family for identification, and they took months to send items they did take for forensic testing.

That meant when a beer can picked up from near the waterhole was found to have DNA that matched the profile of a known child sex offender who lived in the area, it was months too late.

A red singlet belonging to the boy, who was found bare chested, was assumed to be irrelevant.

When it was shown to the family a full three years later, they immediately identified it as what the boy was wearing on the day he was missing.

A soccer shirt was also found and dismissed as unimportant.

PHOTO: Adrianne Raggett said she did not accept the police apology over its poor investigation into her nephew's death. (ABC News: Steven Schubert)

Years later, the nearby child sex offender whose DNA was found on the beer can told the coroner that he had lost a soccer shirt matching that description.

And then when the waterhole was drained, there was a group of rocks sitting on top of a muddy bed, while other ones that had been there a while were nestled into the mud.

Could these rocks have been used to weigh down the body and been dislodged?

An autopsy found rocks weighing 1004 grams in the boy's shorts, but concluded that he probably fell and hit his head.

Swabs were taken from under the young boy's fingernails, as well as his anus and mouth, with a view to have them tested to see whether there was any resistance, or perhaps evidence of a sexual assault.

But before those samples could be tested, they were accidentally destroyed by police.

And with them went any hope of finding solid forensic evidence backing up a theory which might contradict that of an accidental drowning.

With that theory settled in their minds, the police then ignored their general orders to file a report for the coroner.

The coroner's office pressed police, eventually became fed up with waiting and listed the matter for hearing despite the file being incomplete almost three years after the death.

No-one has ever been charged.

Police investigation 'botched': Coroner

Earlier this week, the Northern Territory Coroner slammed police for another "botched investigation" into the death of an Indigenous person.

'I accepted no apology'

The police eventually recognised their mistakes and conducted an internal review.

A number of officers were called to explain their actions to the coroner.

Police realised that the accidental drowning theory didn't stack up, and that they were about to be called to account.

Superintendent Kristopher Evan who conducted that review apologised to the Raggett family in court.

"As a disciplined and professional force, the Northern Territory Police Force should have done much better," he said.

"As a Superintendent I've been authorised to make clear to the family of the young boy and to the Borroloola community that the Northern Territory Police apologise for the mistakes that we made.

"The community is entitled to expect better from their police force and on this occasion they didn't receive what they should have got."

Ten years later, Adrianne Raggett is still in no mood for police apologies.

"I accepted no apology. Why should I? They shat on us," she said.

"Wondering why the police haven't done their job. Why? They should have done their job. It's their job, they protect us.

"If we were white people, if he was a white child, they would have done their job properly. Search properly, found other evidence."

Mistakes repeated a decade later

But while reviews were done and recommendations implemented, 10 years later the police made virtually almost all the same mistakes.

Sasha Green died in Tennant Creek in 2013 from a stab wound to her thigh.

Her de facto partner was found lying next to her.

Police sent an inexperienced detective, who followed a theory that she had inflicted the fatal wound on herself.

That detective wasn't supervised properly, proper crime scenes weren't set up, the partner was let go from police custody, and there was some evidence he cleaned up crime scenes and intimidated witnesses.

The detective applied for a major crime declaration for the case, which would have dramatically increased the resources for the investigation, and also demanded the oversight of an assistant commissioner.

But that ended up on the desk of his Superintendent and went no further.

The declaration wasn't made for almost four years.

The police took forensic samples from the dead woman, and then somehow destroyed them before they were examined.

Once again, police didn't submit a file to the coroner for years, and not until his office started asking questions.

The hearing was announced days after the ABC interviewed the parents of Ms Green.

When those hearings came around, Coroner Greg Cavanagh, once described by the NT News as "the Oscar Wilde of the NT judicial system", said the police mistakes were "eerily similar" to the Raggett case.

<<cont'd>>

<<cont'd>>

In the three days of hearings in Tennant Creek, his patience was tested by the family's barrister, who was trying to make a case that institutional racism was to blame for the continued failings of the NT Police.

But his frustrations boiled over when police gave evidence of how Sasha Green's forensic samples had been destroyed.

"I don't want to have another inquest where forensic material of relevance I find has been destroyed. The whole concept of cold case investigations must be redundant up here if these kind of exhibits are going to be destroyed, and I continue to find them destroyed," he said.

"I don't understand why it's happening, Madam. And, it continues to happen."

The family's lawyer tried to argue that institutional racism was the root cause of this repeated failure.

Not that any constable or detective was racist, but that the police system as a whole treats Indigenous people differently.

The coroner didn't accept that in his findings, because it wasn't raised until late in the hearings and wasn't put to the appropriate police officers, telegraphing, perhaps, how a finding of institutional racism could be made in any similar inquests.

But the coroner also didn't hold back.

The police investigation was "botched" by "incompetent, inexperienced" police, he said.

The senior ranks were not spared the coroner's wrath, either.

"Criticising the lower ranks is difficult when the higher ranks were aware of the problems and did nothing," the coroner found.

"What is particularly frustrating is that the higher ranks were spoken to specifically about these problems.

"Not only did that make no difference, their response to the inquest was late and inadequate."

Another officer, this time up a few rungs on the rank ladder, issued another apology.

"On behalf of the NT Police, I apologise to the family and friends for the delays in the investigation and prosecution of this matter," Assistant Commissioner Michael Murphy said.

"As a professional and disciplined service, the NT Police should have done better, and the family and community are entitled to expect better from their police force.

"I apologise for the mistakes we have made and again we are deeply sorry for your loss."

Once again, the family didn't accept the police apology.

Even the coroner seemed to have grown weary with the cycle of police failing, then apologising.

"There is a time when apologies are no longer sufficient," he wrote.

Once again, in another suspicious death investigation of an Indigenous Territorian, no-one has been charged.

No-one from the NT Police was available to be interviewed for this story.

In a statement, Assistant Commissioner Murphy said the police would implement the coroner's recommendations, although he didn't specify from which coronial inquiry.

He also said police would undergo "unconscious bias training".

PHOTO: Adrianne Raggett believes the police didn't look into the death of her nephew properly because they were Aboriginal. (ABC News: Steven Schubert)

'We trust no-one'

In her well-kept garden in Borroloola, under flowering bougainvillea trees, Adrianne Raggett sat with her mother May, and other family members.

Neighbourhood kids come and go, but every time someone walks into the yard and leaves the gate open, it is quietly closed.

"We can't trust our kids to walk out of the yard now, we don't know who to trust," she said.

"Even to go down to the shop we have to be with them, we have to drop them at the school and pick them up when they finish. We trust no-one."

Ms Raggett is devastated that another Indigenous family has been denied justice due to the failings of the NT Police.

"It's Aboriginal people again, they won't do nothing, they won't carry on the investigation," she said.

"It's pathetic. Because we're black people they didn't want to keep going with their investigation.

"They treat us like dirt. We asked them nicely to help us but they didn't."

http://wset.com/news/local/police-tw...-on-paid-leave

LYNCHBURG, Va. (WSET) -- The Alexandria Commonwealth's Attorney has announced that charges have been filed against two Lynchburg Police officers after the officer-involved shooting in February.

Walker Sigler was shot in the leg after police said they were investigating an open door at his home on Link Road around 1:15 a.m. Saturday, February 17, according to Mayor Joan Foster.

Officers with the Lynchburg Police Department said they walked into the home and announced that they were there to investigate suspicious activity, then met a man and fired their weapons at him, hitting him in the leg.

Witnesses said they heard three shots and came outside to find eight to 10 squad cars lining the block.

Bryan L. Porter, the Commonwealth's Attorney for the City of Alexandria was appointed to investigate the case in conjunction with Virginia State Police.

He announced Friday, June 22 that Edward Ferron, 41, and Savannah Simmons, 22, were both indicted on three felony counts of reckless handling of a firearm resulting in serious bodily injury, unlawful wounding and unlawful shooting at an occupied domicile.

The two officers have been placed on paid administrative leave until their criminal trial.

The maximum penalty on each count is five years in jail.

35-year-old Sigler was taken to Lynchburg General Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

A statement issued by Sigler's attorney said the bullet shattered his leg and blood loss caused partial loss of vision.

"Walker’s injuries are devastating and permanent," John E. Lichtenstein wrote in a statement on behalf of the Sigler family. " He and his family are deeply grateful for the support they have received from the community and ask only that their privacy be respected during this difficult time."

Lichtenstein said Sigler was shot while his wife, who was eight months pregnant at the time, and two boys, ages six and three, slept upstairs.

"We understand that this is a difficult and challenging time for everyone involved," Lynchburg Police said in a statement. "Our thoughts and prayers remain with the officers and the impacted family. We are committed to the criminal justice process as it runs its course."

Police said that the officers are entitled to due process during the ongoing legal proceedings.

This is an ongoing criminal case.

The Commonwealth's Attorney said all body-worn camera footage is now considered evidence in a criminal case and any release of the footage would constitute “an extrajudicial statement” that has “a substantial likelihood of interfering with the fairness of a trial by jury” in violation of the Rules of Professional Conduct.

Ferron and Simmons are set to be in court on July 2 for attorney advisements.

Quote Originally Posted by KambingSociety View Post
    I missed this one so I went looking for more info - this article below says he fell asleep on the lounge with the door open. I assume he woke up to 2 dark figures moving through his home. The officers claim they identified themselves as police when they entered the home, but that really doesn't mean shit under the circs

- no-one's going to be able to quickly verify that the armed intruders in their home are police officers if it's dark & they're in a confused state because they've just been woken from a deep sleep.

https://www.newsadvance.com/opinion/...ign=user-share

To be honest, most people would be safer having burglars come through that open door than U.S police. Things can be replaced, lives & limbs not so much.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/anthony...fter-10-years/

Wow

CHICAGO -- A man framed in a police corruption scandal has been released from prison after spending close to a decade behind bars. Anthony McDaniels walked out of Stateville Prison in Illinois and into the arms of his sister LaShawn on Monday, CBS Chicago reports.

McDaniels spent nearly 10 years behind bars after being convicted for gun possession, a charge he called a set-up after he refused to give a Chicago police officer a bribe in 2008.

"They planted a gun on me and then charged me with having a weapon," he told reporters.

Ex-Sgt. Ronald Watts and Officer Kallatt Mohammed both pleaded guilty to federal charges after they were caught taking $5,200 from an FBI informant. Both were part of a group of police officers who were accused of framing multiple suspects.

McDaniels is now the 24th person to have charges thrown out over the corruption scandal.

"These officers have a very long and disgraced history of planting drugs and guns on individuals who would not cooperate with them," McDaniels' attorney Joshua Tepfar said.

McDaniels credited his attorney and his family for helping him survive the incident.

"I just think he needs to travel the world. He needs to see things. He's missed a lot in this decade," LaShawn McDaniels said, according to the Chicago Tribune. "We're going to make sure he eats whatever he wants."

Thread Information