Page 1 of 79 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad Cops. BAD! BAD!

Bad Cops. BAD! BAD!

There has been a lot of back and forth opinions on police brutality and protocol in different threads through out the site. I thought it would be interesting to have a thread that is focused on police actions in news articles, cases, etc. That way if any debate takes place, we have the cases at hand in the same thread to compare and contrast.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/n...z/-/index.html

New Mexico Police shoot minivan full of kids

TAOS, New Mexico -
    A simple traffic stop turned into a wild scene with a 14-year-old rushing a New Mexico State Police officer, a high-speed chase and another officer firing at a fleeing minivan full of kids.

Now the driver and her son are facing charges while New Mexico State Police are investigating the officers involved.

It all started Oct. 28 on a state highway south of Taos. A State Police officer pulled over Oriana Farrell's minivan for going 71 mph in a 55 mph zone. In the minivan with her were her five kids. The Taos News reports the children range in age from 6 to 18.

On dash cam video released to KRQE News 13 Friday you can see Farrell and the officer argue after Farrell couldn't decide whether to pay the $126 fine or contest it in court. The officer instructs her to turn her vehicle off and stay put before walking back to his car.

But Farrell drives off instead and the officer has to pull her over again.
    He doesn't appear happy as he approaches the driver's side door of the minivan. The officer yells for Ferrell to get out several times before reaching into the minivan to try and pull her out.

In the dash cam video, you can hear her children yelling for the officer to leave their mom alone and get off of her.

At one point Farrell's 14-year-old son gets out of the minivan and starts walking towards the officer, but the boy thinks better of it after the officer draws his Taser and points it at the boy. He gets back in the van while the officer continues his struggle to get Ferrell out of the minivan.

"Look, I'm going to ask you one more time to get out of the vehicle and then I'm going to pull you out, OK?" the officer said. "You're already facing evading charges. You ran away from me."

"Sir, I pulled back over, I didn't run away," Farrell responded. "You see my children. I'm not doing anything wrong. I'm just trying to take them to the Rio Grande."

Finally, Farrell agrees to get out and talk with the officer behind the minivan. The conversation doesn't last long. When the officer tells her to turn around, Farrell bolts back towards her minivan. The officer grabs her and a struggle ensues.

That's when her 14-year-old son gets out of the car again and rushes the officer. The boy and the cop have a short tussle. The officer draws his Taser again while the boy runs back into the minivan and closes the door.

As backup officers pull up, the officer pulls out his baton and smashes one of the rear windows as the family screams again. The minivan speeds off while another officer fires what appears to be three shots at the fleeing vehicle.

Farrell leads State Police on a high-speed chase into Taos before giving herself up in front of a hotel.

Farrell and her 14-year-old son are both arrested. The mother gets child abuse and fleeing charges as well as a misdemeanor for possession of drug paraphernalia. The Taos News reports that State Police claim they found two marijuana pipes in the minivan. Her son is charged with battery of an officer.

The family is reportedly from Memphis and was visiting New Mexico on an educational trip.

State Police are not releasing the names of the officers involved but say they are both under investigation for the incident.

*Video at link*
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Lolololol half of this thread could be dedicated to police shootings in New Mexico. There's been 8 or maybe 9? officer invloved shootings in less than a month here. This shit has got to stop.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/n...z/-/index.html

New Mexico Police shoot minivan full of kids

*Video at link*
    The real crime here is having 5 God damned kids. Like the world isn't crowded enough, lady? Yeesh.

With cases like this, I'm kinda torn. Bitch got caught doing something wrong. She should just shut the fuck up and get her ticket. Cops are bad enough without some fucking dummy escalating a situation that's not a big deal to begin with. People get tazed while looking for help, I'm not gonna give a shit if the police stun some housewife that thinks she's too good to obey the law (and her dumb family too).

Yea, when cops suck I say it, but fuck this lady. And her family sounds retarded too.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

If he told her to stay put, why did she drive off? That's like the EASIEST way to piss a cop off to no end and make them assume you're a drug smuggling, murdering, fugitive.

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar
    Where's the *good dog/bad dog* thread for pitbulls?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

If he told her to stay put, why did she drive off? That's like the EASIEST way to piss a cop off to no end and make them assume you're a drug smuggling, murdering, fugitive.
    A lot of people have a "how dare you, I have things to do" attitude when cops stop them. So yea, play me a violin when you get tazed after 15 warnings and driving off twice. Fuck outta here.

May as well put this here:

That's pretty much what my Dad told me when I got my DL 40 years ago... I don't remember anything about white friends or mad women but still...
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

oh oh, me me ME. my turn. i thought of MDS when i read this earlier this morning but had no reason to post it until now. i got a good cop story.

DES MOINES, Iowa ?A Des Moines police officer drew his gun on a man with a knife on Court Avenue early Sunday morning, but said there were too many people in the crowd to get a clean shot.

According to a police report, Officer Phil Terrones said he was checking on the welfare of a man slumped over in his vehicle in the 300 block when he heard yelling and screaming coming from the parking lot across the street.

When he approached, he saw a man in the crowd with a knife attempting to stab several people.

Terrones said he drew his gun and ordered the man to drop the knife several times, but said the crowd was so rowdy no one realized he was there.

Terrones said the man with the knife turned toward him and lunged at him with the knife but Terrones said he did not shoot because "there were innocent people all around the area who might have ended up struck by my gunfire."

The report shows Terrones instead ran backward to put some distance between himself and the man. At that point he said the crowd realized he was there and people began running for cover.

The man with the knife also ran.

Terrones said he could hear people in the crowd screaming for him to shoot the man.

Terrones said he chased the man down and eventually was able to convince him to drop the knife. Terrones said he kicked the knife away and handcuffed him.

Terrones said he had bloodshot eyes and smelled strongly of alcohol.

Jose Luis Diaz-Ferrez , 27, was arrested and charged with five counts of assault with a weapon, interference and public intoxication.

Read more: http://www.kcci.com/news/central-iow...#ixzz2l3HyY7o5

well done, officer Terrones.

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    That's pretty much what my Dad told me when I got my DL 40 years ago... I don't remember anything about white friends or mad women but still...
    Really? You got the Cliff Notes.

Quote Originally Posted by emmieslost View Post
    Read more: http://www.kcci.com/news/central-iow...#ixzz2l3HyY7o5

well done, officer Terrones.
    Exactly.

Actual police work? Not just shooting everything and calling it a day? Will he get fired over this?

TULLYTOWN, Pa. - November 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Are the injuries to a 14-year-old's face the result of excessive force by police, or the consequence of the teen falling while fleeing?

The answer depends on who is answering the question.

The incident happened in Tullytown, Bucks County last week. Police say the teen, along with two other people, were caught red-handed shoplifting from the local Walmart.

Investigators say the teen was already handcuffed when he ran away on foot. The officer who chased him down later reported that he used his Taser on the teen to stop him from running across Route 13 with his hands cuffed behind his back.
    Then, police say, the teen fell face-first on the sidewalk.

The boy's mother, Marissa Sargent, disputes that account.

"His nostril was lifted off his face, was sutured back down. He was tased in his face. Both his eyes were swollen shut. He has scrapes and bruises over his whole face. So one fall did not cause that," she said.

She talked to Action News as she, and her son, arrived to meet their attorney in Center City. That attorney, Fortunato Perri Jr., says he is still collecting evidence. However, the said the one thing that is clear is that Tullytown officers crossed the line.

"Just simply with the nature of the injuries that have occurred in this case I think its clear police used excessive force," Perri said.

The Tullytown Police Department sent Action News a statement about the case which read, in part, "We take these allegations very seriously and will forward the file of our investigation to Bucks County District Attorney David Heckler."

Meanwhile, Marissa Sargent said the ordeal is far from over.

"My son is an innocent 14-year-old boy who didn't deserve what happened to him," Sergeant said. "I just hope he gets justice
    http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...cal&id=9330526

Momma is claiming her son is a little angel, yet he has been arrested before, is in an alternative school and so on...And mom has been arrested for evading cops too....Like mother like son....

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post

Exactly.

Actual police work? Not just shooting everything and calling it a day? Will he get fired over this?
    i don't think so. a google search shows he crashed a car once and was disciplined as a result. yawn. he's been on the force since 1989. too bad he'll probably retire soon.

here is another story where he did shoot a guy, but it seems totally justified.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/303...es.html&page=1

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to emmieslost again.

Restraint, patience, and situational awareness are all necessary traits of an effective police officer. You can solve more problems with patience and a gun than you can with just a gun.

Opening fire on a car full of children is inexcusable. Yes, that mom is a total and complete twatwaffle. But what they did was equally, if not much much more dangerous. He needed to manhandle mom from the outset to prevent any further craziness. That would have prevented this entire episode. Even if she was fighting at first, chances are she'd be released once she calmed down. Instead, she had to go all apeshit fucking cray cray and put her kid's lives in danger. That's a fucking no no.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by neenerneener View Post
    Where's the *good dog/bad dog* thread for pitbulls?

I thought there was a thread for this debate... I know I've had it here before.

I thought there was a thread for this debate... I know I've had it here before.
    nope, you're just thinking of every thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

The real crime here is having 5 God damned kids. Like the world isn't crowded enough, lady? Yeesh.

With cases like this, I'm kinda torn. Bitch got caught doing something wrong. She should just shut the fuck up and get her ticket. Cops are bad enough without some fucking dummy escalating a situation that's not a big deal to begin with. People get tazed while looking for help, I'm not gonna give a shit if the police stun some housewife that thinks she's too good to obey the law (and her dumb family too).

Yea, when cops suck I say it, but fuck this lady. And her family sounds retarded too.
    I saw this clip and thought the same thing. This lady was a dumbass. She tried to flee like 3 times.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

i've been doing a lot more erring on the side of the coppers than i'd like to admit to lately, so i'm happy to report that i think what the cops did in this situation is wrong, wrong, wrong. they knew there were kids in the car and they most definitely should not be shooting into a car they know is full of innocent bystanders. if they were chasing a car with kidnap victims or a hostage, they wouldn't be shooting at it. they would follow, get a chopper on it, throw down some spikes, etc. they wouldn't shoot. just because these kids are 'the suspect's property' doesn't make them anything other than victims in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    i've been doing a lot more erring on the side of the coppers than i'd like to admit to lately, so i'm happy to report that i think what the cops did in this situation is wrong, wrong, wrong. they knew there were kids in the car and they most definitely should not be shooting into a car they know is full of innocent bystanders. if they were chasing a car with kidnap victims or a hostage, they wouldn't be shooting at it. they would follow, get a chopper on it, throw down some spikes, etc. they wouldn't shoot. just because these kids are 'the suspect's property' doesn't make them anything other than victims in my book.
    I think they should have just tackled the troublemaking cunt to begin with. Having kids isn't a pass to act like a fucking jackass. If she were solo, the cops would have shut it down a lot sooner.

I think they should have just tackled the troublemaking cunt to begin with. Having kids isn't a pass to act like a fucking jackass. If she were solo, the cops would have shut it down a lot sooner.
    no argument here... but since they didn't - they should have thought long and hard about shooting at a van full of children. the shooting screams panic reaction - oh shit! they're taking off again! let's beat the windows in and shoot at them! derp. it's straight out of reno 911.

the very definition of failing to adhere to protocol.

no argument here... but since they didn't - they should have thought long and hard about shooting at a van full of children. the shooting screams panic reaction - oh shit! they're taking off again! let's beat the windows in and shoot at them! derp. it's straight out of reno 911.

the very definition of failing to adhere to protocol.
    It's retarded, it's just VERY hard for me to feel bad for this idiot.

It's retarded, it's just VERY hard for me to feel bad for this idiot.
    oh yeah. that too. i feel bad for the kids, is all.

oh yeah. that too. i feel bad for the kids, is all.
    The thing that drives me nuts is that people will feel sorry for this asshole. If I pulled this off, I'd be shot to death, and 90% of people would say I was asking for it.

The thing that drives me nuts is that people will feel sorry for this asshole. If I pulled this off, I'd be shot to death, and 90% of people would say I was asking for it.
    the comments are pretty much 90% she was asking for it and 65% racist.

the comments are pretty much 90% she was asking for it and 65% racist.
    Amazing.

Thread Information