Page 69 of 79 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 1960

Thread: Bad Cops. BAD! BAD!

Well this is an interesting plot twist:

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2017/0...ficers-rights/

RIGBY POLICE CHIEF THANKS UTAH NURSE FOR ‘STANDING FIRM’ IN PROTECTING HIS OFFICER

RIGBY — On July 26 of this year, one of our reserve officers, William Gray, was the victim in a horrific accident in northern Utah while working his full-time job as a truck driver.

The suspect in this incident was fleeing from Utah State Highway Patrol, when he crossed into oncoming traffic and collided head on with Gray’s truck, severely injuring Gray and killing himself. Officer Gray was flown to the University of Utah’s burn unit where he remains under their watchful, professional, and competent care.

RELATED | RIGBY POLICE OFFICER IN CRITICAL CONDITION AFTER EXPLOSIVE CRASH

Within the first hours of Officer Gray being admitted into the burn unit, an incident occurred between hospital staff and an officer from an agency in Utah who was assisting with the investigation.

The Rigby Police Department was not aware of this incident until Aug. 31, 2017.

The Rigby Police Department would like to thank the nurse involved and hospital staff for standing firm and protecting Officer Gray’s rights as a patient and victim. Protecting the rights of others is truly a heroic act.

WATCH: UTAH NURSE ARRESTED AFTER REFUSING TO ALLOW COP TO TAKE BLOOD FROM UNCONSCIOUS RIGBY PATIENT

The Rigby Police Department would also like to acknowledge the hard work of the involved agencies, and trusts that this unfortunate incident will be investigated thoroughly and appropriate action will be taken.

It is important to remember that Officer Gray is the victim in this horrible event, and that at no time was he under any suspicion of wrongdoing.

As he continues to heal, we would ask that his family be given privacy, respect, and prayers for continued recovery and peace.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Getting arrested for coke in Vegas is like being found eating a chocolate bar in the willy wonka factory.

Wait, everyone is cops?
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Wait, everyone is cops?
    The guy who was hit head on by the fleeing suspect and the subject that they wanted to illegally obtain blood from was also a cop that I assume was off duty at the time of the accident. Yep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    The guy who was hit head on by the fleeing suspect and the subject that they wanted to illegally obtain blood from was also a cop that I assume was off duty at the time of the accident. Yep.
    Well, the cop's main fuck up was that he was trying to bleed a fellow cop then. It all makes sense now.

Well, the cop's main fuck up was that he was trying to bleed a fellow cop then. It all makes sense now.
    Yeah, I'm inclined to believe that not much would have been done if it were a civilian's rights hanging in the balance here.

They were from two different police forces. I'm assuming that because he wasn't on duty, and was doing a civilian job at the time, that no one had any idea he was a cop until sometime after.

I don't get why they were after his blood at all though, considering the accident was caused by a man who was actively fleeing the cops at the time, and is the one who swerved into oncoming traffic and hit this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by strozzapreti View Post
    They were from two different police forces. I'm assuming that because he wasn't on duty, and was doing a civilian job at the time, that no one had any idea he was a cop until sometime after.

I don't get why they were after his blood at all though, considering the accident was caused by a man who was actively fleeing the cops at the time, and is the one who swerved into oncoming traffic and hit this guy.
    Because it was a cop and they were anxious to prove he wasn't responsible for the accident. Either way they are piles of shit.

Because it was a cop and they were anxious to prove he wasn't responsible for the accident. Either way they are piles of shit.
    ^^^^This

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    How was this ever disputed?
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I'm wondering if there was bad blood between the cop in the hospital and the detective that wanted the blood? Maybe that was why the detective was so hell bent on getting the blood, because he wanted to nail his co-worker.
    The cop involved with the head on only worked part time-ish as a cop for Rigby. He worked full time as a truck driver. He was driving a big rig when he was hit head on.
    The police involved with the blood draw event with the nurse is from another police dept. Salt Lake City

I would think opposite though. The commercials on the radio always say stall as long as possible if you get popped for drunk driving. Taking blood right away is the surest way to read positive, no? Wouldn't they try to stall so they could say nothing was detected even if he had been? Not saying he was, but it seems like a risky move to prove a negative.

There seems to be some worry that he or his family will sue the cops involved in the chase and their department. If they could prove that he was impaired it will limit their liability.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

So... the SLC cop wanted the R cop's blood so the SLC cop could say that R was drinking therefore it's not SLC's fault that R cop was hit by the fleeing suspect? Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    So... the SLC cop wanted the R cop's blood so the SLC cop could say that R was drinking therefore it's not SLC's fault that R cop was hit by the fleeing suspect? Is that right?
    That's one theory anyway..
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

I have nothing to say other than "wubbels" is the most adorable name ever.

I have nothing to say other than "wubbels" is the most adorable name ever.

The Salt Lake City hospital where a police officer roughly arrested a nurse who was protecting her patient's rights in July will no longer allow law enforcement agents inside its patient care areas. They'll now have to check in, rather than enter through the emergency room.

"Law enforcement who come to the hospital for any reason involving patients will be required to check in to the front desk of the hospital," said chief nursing officer Margaret Pearce of the University of Utah Hospital. "There, a hospital house supervisor will meet the officers to work through each request."
    The Two-Way
    WATCH: Nurse Roughly Arrested For Following Hospital Protocol, Body Camera Shows

Hospital officials say they created the policy one day after the July incident in which nurse Alex Wubbels refused to allow a police investigator identified as Jeff Payne to get a blood sample from a patient who was injured in a deadly collision with another driver. Wubbels was following the hospital's policy (and a recent Supreme Court decision) that requires either a warrant, the patient's consent, or the patient being under arrest for such a sample to be obtained legally.

Last year, the Supreme Court ruled that the Fourth Amendment bars blood tests from being obtained without a warrant in drunken-driving cases.

"Our hospital continues to offer our full support to Alex," said Gordon Crabtree, the hospital system's CEO. "I think many of you know she is an Olympian and to us she's truly an Olympic-size hero. We extend our appreciation for her dedication and service."

While Wubbel's superiors said she had shown professional integrity and grace under fire, the officer's bosses and Salt Lake City's mayor have issued apologies for his behavior. He is on administrative leave while the case is being investigated.
    YouTube

The encounter between Wubbels and Payne took place on July 26 ? but it made headlines last Thursday, when body camera footage of the dispute was released. The video shows Wubbels referring to her hospital's privacy policy and speaking with a supervisor on her cellphone as she denies the officer's request for a blood sample from a patient.

Having failed to persuade Wubbels to allow him to obtain blood from the patient, the officer begins grabbing at the nurse and he forcefully pulls her outside the hospital as she yells for help. He then handcuffs her. Wubbels was then put in a police car parked at her hospital.

"Our team was advocating for the immediate release of Alex and was ultimately successful in getting her released from the handcuffs and the car," Crabtree, CEO, University of Utah Hospitals and Clinics said on Monday. "Alex was never charged and will not have a record."

Other hospitals will likely want to adopt similar policies to prevent police overreach, Crabtree said.

Pearce said she was "appalled" at the encounter. She added:

"We are a Level 1 Trauma Center with the only dedicated burn unit in the Mountain West region and we have some of the sickest patients anywhere. Because of this, we work with law enforcement on a regular basis for a variety of reasons and will continue to do so. However, I consider the way in which Alex was treated to be totally unacceptable. No individual in a role of patient care should ever be treated in this fashion."

The new policy "was written the day after this incident" and was implemented within weeks, Pearce said. Here's how she described the goals for the change:

Allow front-line patient care staff to focus on their work.
    Prevent disputes from taking place inside patient care units.
    Ensure only "highly trained people" work through such issues.

As we've reported, Wubbels is a former two-time Olympic skier.

The Salt Lake City Police Department says it suspended Payne from its "blood draw program," in which it trains officers to take blood samples. It adds that it updated its policies for officers who remain in the group.

According to the Salt Lake City Tribune, the patient in question was truck driver William Gray ? who also works as a reserve police officer in Rigby, Idaho, and whose tractor trailer collided with a vehicle that was being pursued by police.

Citing Payne's police report, the Tribune describes the highway crash that led to the hospital confrontation:

"At about 2 p.m. on July 26, Gray was driving a semi north on State Road 89/91 near Sardine Canyon when a man fleeing from the Utah Highway Patrol crashed a pickup truck into him head-on, according to Logan police, who investigated the collision.

"The crash caused an explosion and fire, Logan police have said. Gray was on fire when he exited the semi. The driver of the pickup truck, Marcos Torres, 26, died at the scene."
    http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...ent-care-areas

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

But he was a power hungry asswipe so needed to push his chest out.

Not guilty in the Jason Stockley Stl verdict. Do we have a thread on this? They're expecting it to get bad, National Guard on standby

LOL Utah Cop can FUCK HIMSELF. Bullshit apology will fix nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

N/m different dick cop.

I don't think the Guardia Civil have ever been posted in this thread, but they're in the running for this week's Biggest Cunts In Blue award

There are so many graphic & bloody vids of them attacking voters in the Catalan Referendum today that I had trouble choosing which one to post. No-one was spared. They brutalised the frail, the elderly, people walking little dogs, parents carrying children. There are vids of Catalan's own police force trying to protect voters from Spanish police, & vids of Catalan firefighters forming human barriers to protect people.

There's also vids of them running into the polling stations in balaclavas & violently stealing the ballot boxes.

There's so much mobile ph footage still being posted that I'm sure I haven't even seen the worst yet

Here's a small sample :

Edit : & pix of women trying to protect the ballot boxes from police thugs
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by blighted star; 10-01-2017 at 05:07 AM.

What a shitstorm this is. People peacefully protesting (in this case by trying to vote in a referendum) being attacked by those who are sworn to protect and to serve.

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    What a shitstorm this is. People peacefully protesting (in this case by trying to vote in a referendum) being attacked by those who are sworn to protect and to serve.
    I could see this happening here pretty easily.

Thread Information