Thread: Woman gives birth to 3 babies and dumps them

Woman gives birth to 3 babies and dumps them

[size=12pt]Investigators try to solve mystery of three abandoned babies born to same mother[/size]

OROSI, Calif. (AP) — The first newborn was discovered swaddled in a blanket on a park bench, an umbilical cord still hanging from his tiny body. Then, at neat 11-month intervals, two more abandoned babies were found in parked pickup trucks in the same neighborhood.

This week, DNA tests established all three babies were almost certainly born to the same mother.

Now, in a heartbreaking mystery that has transfixed this central California farm community of 7,300, investigators are trying to find the mother and figure out what drove her to such desperate lengths.

"How can the relatives not see this girl pregnant, and then see that she's not pregnant anymore and not ask where's the baby? Somebody must know something," said Hortencia Espino, 81.

All three newborns were found within a two-block radius. The first two — a boy and a girl — survived and are now wards of the state.

The third baby was found dead of exposure on the cold night of Dec. 3. She was enveloped in a sweatshirt in the bed of a pickup parked near the high school, some 60 miles southeast of Fresno. The coroner concluded she was alive for less than a day.

On Wednesday, community members held a funeral Mass for the baby girl, who was dubbed "Angelita DeOrosi," or Orosi's little angel.

"This community was very upset and confused after the first baby, let alone the second and the third, who passed away," said sheriff's Sgt. Chris Douglass. "Having the memorial will help bring them some closure and give the babies the love and respect and dignity they should have received in life."

Orosi, a town encircled by fig and lemon orchards, has long been the kind of place where everyone seemed to know each other. But that is changing, with new housing developments going up and a burgeoning gang problem that has led to a rise in violent crime.

As upset residents built makeshift shrines in memory of Angelita, authorities interviewed local women they thought might be involved. But DNA testing eliminated them as the babies' mother.

After exhausting all leads, officials are asking the community for help finding the parents and are offering a $5,000 reward. Police said the mother could face criminal charges. But they also said they want to make sure she doesn't do it again and isn't in some kind of distress.

Investigators would not speculate as to the reasons for the abandonment, such as whether the mother might have been a prostitute or a rape victim.

"Whether the mother is in a physical state of danger or a mental state where she feels she can't ask for help, our heart goes out to her," Karen Franzen, manager of Dopkins Funeral Chapel in Dinuba, which donated a casket and cemetery plot for Angelita.

The first deserted newborn was found on Feb. 10, 2005, a barely breathing boy with a body temperature of just 85 degrees. On January 8, 2006, a resident discovered a full-term baby girl inside a pickup two blocks away, clothed in an undershirt and pants.

On Monday, sheriff's officials announced the DNA results. The first two babies probably had the same father, but Angelita was fathered by a different man.

California and 46 other states allow parents to legally abandon a child at a hospital or other designated safe zones within 72 hours of birth, no questions asked.

Since California's law went into effect in 2001, parents have safely surrendered 182 babies at fire stations, emergency rooms and other safe havens, according to state officials.

"This little community is a family. We know pretty much everyone else's business and they know ours," said Eugene Etheridge, principal of Orosi High School. "It's concerning that this could happen again when the most precious thing we have is our children."

http://www.courttv.com/news/2007/0328/newborns_ap.html

Someone needs to find this woman and have her spayed.

Re: Woman gives birth to 3 babies and dumps them

fucking pig!!!! Nice find Christine.
    And affirmative action is a very nice term for racial discrimination against better-qualified white people in jobs, employment, promotions and scholarships, and college admittance.

WTF. It's bad enough when people do this to one baby, but three???  It is just crazy that they are all 11 months apart. I mean is she that dumb she can't keep her legs closed and is unwilling to have an abortion or give them up for adoption so murdering them is her choice. Or  is she being raped and/or abused. Either way I wonder what the story is here.

I sure there will be a 4th. When was the last dumped? 11 months after there will be another one.

It's because she didn't have a sign like this:

[quote author=Just Me link=topic=6077.msg257756#msg257756 date=1175178777]
    I sure there will be a 4th. When was the last dumped? 11 months after there will be another one.
    [/quote]

Hey!  There's an idea.  With all 3 babies dumped within a 2 block radius 11 months apart, police could set up a stake-out.

[quote author=Deviant Toaster link=topic=6077.msg257802#msg257802 date=1175180190]
    It's because she didn't have a sign like this:

[/quote]

Yes, they need more of those signs.

[quote author=Deviant Toaster link=topic=6077.msg257601#msg257601 date=1175164207]
    WTF. It's bad enough when people do this to one baby, but three???  It is just crazy that they are all 11 months apart. I mean is she that dumb she can't keep her legs closed and is unwilling to have an abortion or give them up for adoption so murdering them is her choice. Or  is she being raped and/or abused. Either way I wonder what the story is here.
    [/quote]

Maybe someone told her: if at first you don't succeed try, try again. 
    Poor babies!  One dead and the other 2 will someday know that their biological mother left them in a park.

I heard about this yesterday morning.  It completely frosts my ass.      

I am very interested to see what the investigation turns up.  The only reason I'm not completely apeshit is the possibility that the mother is somehow a victim of sexual abuse.  I'll refrain from name calling until there is further information.  But it is still very disturbing.  :2thescream:
    I don't enter into mental warfare with morons.  It's immoral and unethical.  They have no ammunition.  AIDA convention regulations, article VII, Paragraph XII  

[quote author=LovesToBeNosey link=topic=6077.msg258402#msg258402 date=1175197139]

Maybe someone told her: if at first you don't succeed try, try again. 
    Poor babies!  One dead and the other 2 will someday know that their biological mother left them in a park.
    [/quote]
    Hello and welcome to MDS.
    Yeah those smart Criminals seem to live by this rule. Take the Damm case of burying the body a gazillion times.

uugghh don't even get me started on the Damm case, I can go on forever! 
    I hope they eventually find this woman. These poor babies, at least 2 of them have a chance at a good life.

RIP little one

SOAD

you know how the saying goes "bad luck comes in 3's"

WTF!  This is so beyond sick!  Screw it, I have no comments harsh enough for this piece of garbage.

awwww poor babies
    [quote author=eliot.eliot]God, this is why i love you..You're witty..almost too witty...[/quote][quote author=eliot.eliot]I'm putty in your hands.[/quote]

I'm inclined to agree with the people who suspect that something more sinister (more so than the badness of abandoning babies, even) is going on, what with the 11 month intervals, the repeated location...maybe incest or something?  who's to say the mother is even the one abandoning them?  I assume once you've gotten to the point where you want to dump your kids....authority figures intervening is going to be a major fear, thus not wanting to be seen near a hospital or police station....I mean, even though it's legal to leave your kids there, that doesn't mean that from a moral standpoint you aren't aware that there's something wrong with it.

And with less morals than a fucking alley cat.

Thread Information