Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Parents Charged In Death Of Emani Moss, 10

Parents Charged In Death Of Emani Moss, 10

This one is bad, really bad, so be warned. I started following it over the weekend and it just keeps getting worse every day...

LAWRENCEVILLE, Ga. -- Police said Monday that 10-year-old Emani Moss, whose body was found badly burned in a trash can in a Lawrenceville apartment complex Saturday, had died of starvation.

Officials said they were awaiting a coroner's report for additional information, but they said the girl's remains were extremely emaciated when they were found.

Emani's body was found badly burned in a trash can at the Coventry Pointe Apartments on Veranda Chase Drive in Lawrenceville Saturday morning. Monday, investigators said it appeared her body was placed in the trash can to conceal her death, and that her body had been in the can for "more than a couple of hours."

Gwinnett County detectives say the Emani was isolated from people outside her family and did not attend school for weeks leading up to her death.

Emani's father, Eman Moss and her stepmother, Tiffany Moss, were arrested and charged with felony murder. Their arrest warrants said they "maliciously caused cruel or excessive physical pain or excessive mental pain as follows: the defendants denied the victim enough food to live."

Both parents had been previously arrested for violent acts -- Eman was arrested in 2004 for battery and two counts of misdemeanor cruelty to children. Investigators said he beat his ex-wife in front of Emani in that instance. Tiffany Moss was arrested in 2010 on a count of felony cruelty to children.

Robin Moss, the grandmother of 10-year-old Emani Moss, says they suspected the girl was being abused by her parents and tried to get custody, but were refused by state authorities. Moss says she called the Department of Family and Children's Services about a month after the girl's father, Eman Moss, and his wife, Tiffany, got married. She told 11Alive's Duffie Dixon she was called to the school after a teacher reported that Emani had been beaten.

Moss says the parents had to go to parenting classes, and that she tried to persuade DFCS to let her have Emani. "I don't understand how the system kept putting her back in that home," Moss said. She says she helped raise Emani from the time she was about 4 years old, and that the two had a bond that was more like mother and daughter than grandparent and grandchild.

Investigators said they had been called to the apartment complex by Eman Moss.

He told police he had planned to commit suicide because his daughter had died after drinking some type of chemical. However, detectives reviewed the 911 call and have determined that Moss was not suicidal; that information was based on an initial miscommunication.

When police got to the complex, Moss came outside into the breezeway and pointed to a trash can in the recreation area. When officers lifted the lid, they found the burned body of a young girl.

Moss and Emani's stepmother, Tiffany Moss, have been arrested and charged with felony murder, cruelty to children in the first degree and concealing a body.

http://www.11alive.com/news/article/...-of-starvation
    Last edited by *crickets*; 11-04-2013 at 03:55 PM.

Another child dropped through the cracks. I hate hearing these cases where the state declined someone else taking custody...

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    10 YEARS OLD!?!? This wasn't like starving a baby, this went on for a fucking decade!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Animals treat their offspring better.

RIP Emani
    Getting arrested for coke in Vegas is like being found eating a chocolate bar in the willy wonka factory.

RIP Emani
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

10 Yr Old Emani Moss's Parents Starved & Murdered Her, Then Burnt & Dumped Her In Their Household Garbage Bin (Georgia, U.S)

Oh this just SUX. Another kid tortured for years then murdered by her Dad & stepmother. Guess you could say she lived a real fairytale.

http://m.heraldsun.com.au/news/world...-1226752351695

THE body of a 10-year-old girl has been found in a rubbish bin in the US state of Georgia and her father and stepmother have been charged with murder.

Gwinnett County police said in a statement that a man called them early on Saturday saying he was suicidal and his daughter drank some type of chemical and was dead.

Eman Moss Emani's father

The man pointed officers to a rubbish bin at his Georgia apartment complex, where they found the badly burned body of a child.

The victim has been identified as Emani Moss. The father, Eman Moss, and the stepmother, Tiffany Moss, are charged with felony murder, cruelty to children in the first degree and concealing a body.

Tiffany "I only hit her 3 times" Moss, Emani's stepmother.

Gwinnett County Police Department officers responded to a suicide threat call at 1131 Veranda Chase Drive, unincorporated Lawrenceville, at 3.43am (local time) on Saturday. A male called 911 stating that he wanted to commit suicide. While talking to dispatchers the man stated that there was a dead body with him at the location.

Both father and stepmother are being held at the Gwinnett County Detention Centre.

The Gwinnett County Police Criminal Investigations Division is still handing the investigation and say more details will be released in the coming days.

If you or someone you know may be at risk of suicide contact Lifeline 13 11 14, beyondblue 1300 22 46 36, or Salvo Care Line 1300 36 36 22.
    (Ph numbers for Australian residents only, it's a requirement that any mention of suicide in the Aus media have helplines prominently featured)

http://m.cbsnews.com/fullstory.rbml?...&videofeed=999

Emani Moss Update: Ga. girl found in trash was starved, abused and had tried to run away, police say November 05, 2013 by CBNews.com

Eman Moss (left) and Tiffany Moss are both charged in the murder of 10-year-old Emani Moss. / CBS Atlanta (CBS/AP) LAWRENCEVILLE, Ga. - A 10-year-old girl whose malnourished body was found in a suburban Atlanta trash bin had tried to run away from home and showed up at school with bruises and other signs of abuse, police reports show.

Emani Moss' burned and emaciated body was found in a trash bin in unincorporated Lawrenceville on Saturday. The girl's father, Eman Moss, and the stepmother, Tiffany Moss, have been charged with murder, concealing a body, and child cruelty. They are being held without bond in the Gwinnett County jail.

Moss' stepmother had previously been charged with child cruelty after beating the girl, according to reports from the Gwinnett County Police Department.

Authorities conducted an autopsy on Emani on Sunday and determined that her body was burned after she died, likely in an effort to conceal the crime, said Gwinnett County Police Cpl. Jake Smith. Emani may have died as early as Oct. 30 and was severely underweight when her body was found, Smith said. He said the autopsy showed the girl had been denied food for several days before her death.

On March 19, 2010, then-6-year-old Emani told a school nurse she was afraid to go home with her bad report card because she was afraid her parents would hurt her, according to one of the police reports. When the nurse investigated further, she found the girl had bruises on her body and reported it to police.

Police took Emani and her stepmother to department headquarters for interviews that day and said Emani had severe bruises and welts on her chest, back, shoulders, arms and legs, the police report said.

Tiffany Moss told police she "only" hit the girl with a belt three times, the report said. She was arrested on a child-cruelty charge.

The Georgia Division of Family and Children Services signed a 2010 plea deal ordering Tiffany Moss to serve five years of probation for beating Emani, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported Monday.

In July 2012, Emani tried running away from home, the police reports show.

The girl's grandmother, Robin Moss, was quoted by local news media on Sunday and Monday as saying that she suspected Emani was being abused, but couldn't persuade state authorities to grant her custody. Emani's mother, Danita Leaks, told Atlanta FOX affiliate WAGA-TV on Monday that she and Eman Moss fought over custody for two to three years and she was unaware that her daughter was being abused.

"If I would have known that him and his wife were abusing my baby, I would not have let her stay over there," she told the television station.

Authorities initially said Eman Moss called police early Saturday saying he was suicidal and that his daughter died after drinking some type of chemical substance. Cpl. Smith said Monday that the detail about Moss being suicidal was a miscommunication during the 911 call and was later clarified with the dispatcher.

The paper reports Eman Moss told police that he panicked when the girl died and put her body in the trash bin and tried to burn it.

Police said they won't release audio from the call because it is part of the investigation and could be used in court. Complete coverage of Emani Moss' case on Crimesider

http://m.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/g...custody/nbjMm/

Local Posted: 9:10 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 5, 2013
    Grandma of 10-year-old starved to death fought for custody

GWINNETT COUNTY, Ga.

Channel 2 Action News is learning more about a 10-year old girl who starved to death.

Her burned body was found in a trash can in Gwinnett County Oct. 2. Family members say there were signs of trouble before the murder.

Channel 2’s Tony Thomas spoke to the grandmother of Emani Moss. She says about a year ago she was normal weight and had the always-present pigtails. In May 2013, Robin Moss says Emani had lost weight and her hair was chopped.
    “She looked awful; she looked awful,” the grandmother said.

It concerned Moss enough that she began asking questions of her daughter-in-law, Tiffany.

“I definitely asked Tiffany. ‘I said ‘What's going on? And she said ‘When you act up, you should look ugly’ and my heart just dropped,” Moss said. “

Moss says the next day she once again called Department of Family and Children Services, but her son, Eman, and Tiffany continued to have custody of Moss says of the 10-year-old over the next few months. Gwinnett police now say Emani was abused, starved to death, ultimately dumped in a trash can and set on fire. Police found her remains Saturday.

“I see her hurt and what will not go away is the part where they throw her away,” Moss said.
    Moss raised Emani for five of her 10 years. She showed Thomas dozens of pictures, including Eman and Emani at a father daughter dance; both smiling, but then things changed she says. And the last three years she claims she wasn't allowed to see Emani. Moss believes the parents were hiding the abuse.

“When I see him, look at him, he's not him. I don't see him. I see evilness,” Moss said. “I think she went through all this to show us it's time to help these “children. It's time to fight back.”

Moss said she’s hired a lawyer and says she's determined to force the state to make changes in the way it handles abuse complaints.
    Channel 2 Action News has been waiting for two days for any type of response from Department of Family and Children Services.

By Christian Boone

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

The grandmother of the Lawrenceville girl whose parents are charged with starving her to death then burning her body and stuffing it into a trash can said said the system failed the 10-year-old.
    “My baby went through hell,” said paternal grandmother Robin Moss, who raised Emani. Moss said after Emani told her she was being abused, her son and his new wife kept the girl away from her.

Gwinnett police confirm as much.

“Detectives believe the victim was isolated from people outside of her family in the weeks before her death,” said Gwinnett police spokesman Cpl. Jake Smith. “She did not attend school outside the home during this school year; she did attend public school during prior school years. This aspect of the case is still under investigation.” Moss’ lawyer told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution his client urged child welfare officials to investigate her suspicions that Emani was being abused but was turned away.

‘They kept dropping the ball,” said attorney Mike Jones.

Division of Family and Children Services officials released a statement late Tuesday announcing that it will investigate the way it handled Emani’s case, as well as the case of 12-year-old Eric Forbes.

Forbes, who allegedly had physical signs of severe child abuse, died last month. His father, Shayaa Yusef Forbes, is charged with murder is charged with murder . .

“The Department of Human Services Division of Family and Children Services and the Department of Human Services Office of Inspector General will “ continue to investigate the agency’s involvement in the lives of these two children, and DFCS’ actions after every report of abuse will be under the toughest continue to investigate the agency’s involvement in the lives of these two children, and DFCS’ actions after every report of abuse will be under the toughest scrutiny,” the statement said. “As we review actions in those specific cases, we are constantly working to improve how we ascertain our goals of protecting Georgia’s children.”
    Last edited by blighted star; 11-06-2013 at 05:59 PM.

There is already a thread for this:

http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...-Emani-Moss-10

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    I know some of you don't support the death penalty. I respect that. Thing is, people like her "parents", who had to actually take part in her demise, should pay with their lives.
    It doesn't matter that they can be "rehabilitated". It doesn't matter that they can "understand what they did wrong" and "make up for it". It's far too late for that. The time to do the right thing is long passed. You see, doing the right thing, what the rest of us do daily, is what is supposed to happen.
    These people failed a child. His child. Not everyone can be Parent of the Year, but most of us do our best with what we are given. I want so badly to break both of these subhuman motherfuckers in half. I want to give them second degree burns and piss in their faces before soaking their wounds in kerosene and lighting them ablaze. Fuck that cruel and unusual punishment bullshit. They killed a little girl. They starved her, burned her, killed her. People who do that deserve death, end of fucking story.

I'm sorry Emani. I'm sorry the people who were supposed to protect you failed you so miserably. You deserved better.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Yeah...that little girl went through hell, all her life (more details have been coming out but I haven't had the stomach to post them) at her father's and stepmother's hands, and the adults in her life--her mother, teachers, LE, DCFS--every. single. one. failed her horribly.
    Last edited by *crickets*; 11-06-2013 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kevansvault View Post
    I know some of you don't support the death penalty. I respect that. Thing is, people like her "parents", who had to actually take part in her demise, should pay with their lives.
    It doesn't matter that they can be "rehabilitated". It doesn't matter that they can "understand what they did wrong" and "make up for it". It's far too late for that. The time to do the right thing is long passed. You see, doing the right thing, what the rest of us do daily, is what is supposed to happen.
    These people failed a child. His child. Not everyone can be Parent of the Year, but most of us do our best with what we are given. I want so badly to break both of these subhuman motherfuckers in half. I want to give them second degree burns and piss in their faces before soaking their wounds in kerosene and lighting them ablaze. Fuck that cruel and unusual punishment bullshit. They killed a little girl. They starved her, burned her, killed her. People who do that deserve death, end of fucking story.

I'm sorry Emani. I'm sorry the people who were supposed to protect you failed you so miserably. You deserved better.
    oh KV, my not supporting the death penalty has nothing to do with rehabilitation. i don't think the sick fucks can be rehabilitated. it's just wrong to kill another person, even if you believe they deserve it, it's still wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Emani is the second little girl in less than a year and half to be starved to death by her parents in the Atlanta area (that I'm AWARE of). In both cases, DFCS knew there were problems. It really makes me sick. (The other girl was Markea Berry ... http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...ed-with-murder ... I check regularly for any trial info, but nothing so far.)

And to add to the extreme depravity of the situation, these sickos tried to burn her body somewhere on the side of the road, failed, then LOADED THE TRASH CAN CONTAINING HER PARTIALLY-BURNED REMAINS INTO THEIR SUV AND DROVE HOME WITH IT! THE DAD TOOK IT TO WORK WITH HIM THE NEXT DAY! (I apologize for screaming that in all caps.)

http://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/new...attorney-more/
    Emani's body was duct-taped into a ball, wrists to ankles, and put inside a trash bag inside that trash can. Her parents allegedly drove to three different locations -- Bethesda Park, Stone Mountain Park, an unidentified spot off Satellite Boulevard -- before settling on the latter.

Eman Moss told police he put charcoal and lighter fluid in the bottom of the trash can and started a fire.

"He thought the body would turn to ashes but it didn't," Flynn said.

Defeated, the couple loaded the trash can back into the Chevy Trailblazer and went home. Eman Moss took the SUV, and his daughter, to work the next day.

Also, this:

Death penalty being weighed for parents of girl found in trash can

(Nov. 12, 2013) LAWRENCEVILLE ? The death penalty is being considered for the parents of 10-year-old Emani Moss.

Gwinnett Country District Attorney Danny Porter confirmed Tuesday that his office is weighing capital punishment against Eman and Tiffany Moss, the Lawrenceville couple accused of capping off years of abuse by starving their daughter and attempting to burn her body.

"Like in all cases where I consider the death penalty," Porter said, "I look at the evidence to see if I can prove a statutory aggravating circumstance beyond a reasonable doubt before I decide."

Those aggravating factors can be wide-ranging, but, in the case of Emani Moss' murder, would likely rest on the determination if the alleged crimes were "outrageously or wantonly vile, horrible, or inhuman in that it involved torture, depravity of mind, or an aggravated battery to the victim."

Read more: http://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/new...rents-of-girl/
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by TupeloHoney View Post
    "Like in all cases where I consider the death penalty," Porter said, "I look at the evidence to see if I can prove a statutory aggravating circumstance beyond a reasonable doubt before I decide."

Those aggravating factors can be wide-ranging, but, in the case of Emani Moss' murder, would likely rest on the determination if the alleged crimes were "outrageously or wantonly vile, horrible, or inhuman in that it involved torture, depravity of mind, or an aggravated battery to the victim."
    Uh..yeah, you blockhead, I THINK THIS QUALIFIES.

I'm sputtering all over my keyboard...WTH? This guy is like "oh gee, was this SUFFICIENTLY DEPRAVED to warrant the DP? gosh, I'm just NOT SURE..."

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    oh KV, my not supporting the death penalty has nothing to do with rehabilitation. i don't think the sick fucks can be rehabilitated. it's just wrong to kill another person, even if you believe they deserve it, it's still wrong.
    I understand what you're saying and I respect that. What I'm saying is that we only get one chance at this thing called LIFE. When that life is taken away by someone willingly and callously with no regard to another's well being or safety, when people know they're doing the wrong thing but continue to do it anyway, these people deserve the worst to happen to them. I get the whole "it's wrong to kill another person" argument, I do. But I also believe that the human race is better off without these negative influences dragging us all down. It can't all be cartoon ponies shitting sprinkles onto clouds of marshmallows all day for everyone, but there are some people who absolutely, positively deserve not another breath, not another heartbeat. They made conscious choices to do what they did. They knew what they were doing and they did it anyway. I have less than zero sympathy for people like that.

This was a little girl. A little girl with hopes and dreams and a wonderful smile. It makes me more than a little angry to read stories like this, especially after we knew more of what they did to this poor little girl.

Sorry to respectfully disagree with you, my dear. Sometimes the human race needs to be rid of the trash that plagues it. These two are the worst kind of trash.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by kevansvault View Post
    I understand what you're saying and I respect that. What I'm saying is that we only get one chance at this thing called LIFE. When that life is taken away by someone willingly and callously with no regard to another's well being or safety, when people know they're doing the wrong thing but continue to do it anyway, these people deserve the worst to happen to them. I get the whole "it's wrong to kill another person" argument, I do. But I also believe that the human race is better off without these negative influences dragging us all down. It can't all be cartoon ponies shitting sprinkles onto clouds of marshmallows all day for everyone, but there are some people who absolutely, positively deserve not another breath, not another heartbeat. They made conscious choices to do what they did. They knew what they were doing and they did it anyway. I have less than zero sympathy for people like that.

This was a little girl. A little girl with hopes and dreams and a wonderful smile. It makes me more than a little angry to read stories like this, especially after we knew more of what they did to this poor little girl.

Sorry to respectfully disagree with you, my dear. Sometimes the human race needs to be rid of the trash that plagues it. These two are the worst kind of trash.
    aw... i enjoy your posts, even if i disagree with them. i think we can lock these people away and they won't drag us down. if we have a system that can prevent them from doing harm without killing them, we should utilize it... otherwise, it's simply revenge killing, which is barbaric. it seems like there are two stances - protecting the public or revenge. if your stance is protecting the public, you have to acknowledge that one option works just as well as the other but it's not as bloody. if your stance is revenge... well then! you'll never see it my way!
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

I'm with you KV these people deserve the death penalty. They woke up every day, for 10 years and decided to neglect/abuse their child.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

That poor child had so many happy years with her Grandmother and then to go to that horrid situation with those people is disgusting. That poor baby probably wondered every day why her Grandma didnt come get here and all because Child Protective Services thinks that it is always in the best interest for the kids to be with their parents. Maybe there are people that get their shit together and become good parents but after a person is sentenced for beating a kid and then put back in charge for that kids welfare? I mean honestly. And how does her Bio mom not know of the situation? One call to the Grandma to try to see her would have set her straight. And why did the father have custody? So many people failed Emani. But the damn system most of all, incidents were reported, teachers and Grandma did get involved; this girl could have been saved. Instead she is treated like garbage. RIP darling girl.

I'm with KV too. That beautiful little girl deserved to live her life, all of it. These scumbags don't deserve to live another minute, there is no question of guilt here, they should just die.

I can't believe these sick fuckers are trying to get their two young children back. Wtf.

I clipped the second article. (Is it "clipped" or "snipped"? I'm never sure. Haha)

Parents accused of killing oldest daughter in custody battle for younger children

(Dec. 17, 2013) GWINNETT COUNTY, Ga. ? Two Gwinnett County parents accused of starving their child to death are now trying to control custody of their other children.

Eman and Tiffany Moss appeared in juvenile court Tuesday to oppose Eman's mother from taking the children to live with her in Newton County.

Channel 2's Tony Thomas was the only reporter in the court as the drama played out.

Thomas says for now, the two children, ages 1 and 3, will remain in a foster home as the state tries to decide what is in their best interest. Both grandmothers are seeking custody of the children.

In court, the attorneys for Eman and Tiffany hammered away at the reasons they believe grandmother Robin Moss should not be allowed to intercede in the custody battle.

The lawyers insisted the 51-year-old did not have any income, reliable transportation or a home big enough to bring in and care for two growing toddlers. Attorney Wesley Person also said Moss was not close with the children.

"What is (name withheld)'s favorite color?" asked Moss.

"I don't know what her favorite color is. That's why I said I want to get to know them," said the grandmother.

"What's (name withheld)'s favorite color?" Moss asked about the second child.

"I don't know, but I know he loves cars," the grandmother responded.

Moss told the judge she ultimately wants to adopt the two children if the state will allow.

"I want them with me. Christmas is almost here and I want to spend time with my grandchildren," she said.

Both Robin Moss and the children's maternal grandmother sat side by side in the small juvenile courtroom. Both want custody.

A few feet away, the two accused of murder were seen outside of the jail for only the second time since their arrests.

Prosecutors are deciding whether to seek the death penalty after the two allegedly starved 10-year-old Emani Moss to death over a period of weeks, then tried to burn her body in a trashcan to hide the crime.

Emani lived with Robin Moss for part of her life before the Division of Family and Children's Services directed her back to live with her father and stepmother.

The children's maternal grandmother never spoke in court today since neither parent objected to her involvement.

For now, the children remain in the custody of the same state agency that has fired or punished seven workers for lack of action in Emani's case.

"I don't want my grandchildren in the system. They shouldn't be in the system." Robin Moss told the judge.

Judge Robert Waller has ordered a private investigator to look at both of the grandmothers' living conditions. He has set a January hearing to determine, along with DFCS, where the children should live.

Eman and Tiffany Moss remain jailed in the Gwinnett County Detention Center. A grand jury is expected to hear a proposed indictment against them in the next few weeks.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local.../?nmredir=true

Changes continue in wake of Gwinnett child's starving death

(Dec. 21, 2013) ATLANTA ? Emani Moss died hungry.

Allegedly starved and left in a bathtub to die by her father and stepmother, the 10-year-old Lawrenceville girl was abused by her family and largely ignored by the system. But since her partially burned body was discovered early in the morning of Nov. 2, the wheels of change have slowly begun to turn.

When coupled with the unnecessary death of a another metro Atlanta child, the end of Emani Moss' life led Gov. Nathan Deal to pledge $27 million to hire more than 500 new case workers and supervisors for the Division of Family and Children Services. The director of Georgia's Office of the Child Advocate, oft-maligned by her peers, has resigned.

As a series of documents, letters and emails obtained via the Georgia Open Records Act shows, at least six DFCS workers who had a hand in fumbling the Emani Moss case have since been disciplined or terminated.

Before Emani Moss' death, DFCS had contact with her, her family or those concerned about her at least six times. Tiffany Moss, her stepmother, was charged with child abuse in 2010, but little to nothing was done on several occasions since.

Allegedly negligent DFCS employees have begun to pay the price.

Records obtained by the Daily Post show two DFCS employees with roles in the Moss case were terminated in early December: Anshay Tull, who worked in the department?s ?centralized communication intake center,? and Tawana McMillian, a social services administrator. The women has seven and eight years experience at DFCS, respectively.

Both of their firings revolved around a report in August during which an anonymous caller said Emani "looked very slim and quiet and appeared afraid to interact" and that her family had a DFCS history. Tull reportedly filed the call as a "screen out" -- meaning no further investigation is necessary -- because no address was given for the family in question.

Read more: http://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/new...plates=desktop
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

What a beautiful, angelic child. Too bad Emani's so called parents were monsters straight from the pit of hades.

Emon & Tiffany should be skewered and basted with turpentine & motor oil, low & slow over an open pit. After these maggots are burned to a crisp, their so called 'remains', should be taken to the local dump and given a proper burial, just the way they treated Emani.

Godspeed, Emani....justice will be served.

DFCS, I am shocked and speechless....
    Last edited by u2addict; 01-11-2014 at 12:18 AM. Reason: fixed an oopsie

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

Allegedly negligent DFCS employees have begun to pay the price.

um, not as a big of a price as Emani

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/judge-g.../?nmredir=true

Judge: Grandmother 'turned blind eye to suffering, death' of Emani Moss

Both grandmothers denied custody of siblings of Gwinnett 10-year-old starved to death

(April 22, 2014) Neither grandmother of a Gwinnett County 10-year-old starved to death will be able to take home the girl's younger siblings, according to reports.

But a Gwinnett County judge chastised one of the grandmothers, Pearlie Bashir, who is the mother of the stepmother of Emani Moss, for not acting to save Emani from alleged abuse that ultimately killed the child.

"It is unfathomable to the Court that Ms. Bashir could not have known that Emani M. was being abused and mistreated at some point between 2010 and October 2013," Gwinnett Juvenile Court Judge Robert L. Waller said in an order file in December and obtained by Channel 2 Action News.

"At best, Ms. Bashir turned a blind eye to the suffering and, ultimately, to the death of a child who had been living in her home off and on for over three years."

Tiffany Moss, Bashir's daughter, and Emani's father, Eman Moss, are facing the death penalty for allegedly fatally neglecting and starving the girl. Prosecutors said Eman and Tiffany Moss then tried to conceal the death by burning the girl?s body.

Officials with the state Division of Family and Children Services took custody of the surviving Moss children after police found Emani's charred body in a garbage disposal in October and charged the parents with murder.

Waller acknowledged that while Eman Moss' mother, Robin Moss, wasn't currently fit to have custody of the children, he didn't completely eliminate her hopes of being a custodian to Emani's siblings.

"The paternal grandmother, Ms. Moss does not have stable employment or stable housing," he wrote in his decision, noting that Robin Moss had reported concerns about Emani's extreme weight loss, but was kept from the younger children.

"She has (through no fault of her own) no relationship with the children. While the court does not believe that she should be permanently ruled out as a custodian of the children, it would not be in the children?s best interest to be placed in her custody at present."

Both grandmothers sought custody of the children after the parents were arrested and charged.

Relatives have said Robin Moss was very close to Emani.

Waller said Bashir should have had some idea what was going on with Emani through the last years of the girl?s life as the family endured Tiffany Moss' arrest and probation for abusing Emani and family counseling ... often in Bashir's home.

"Ms. Bashir ... saw Emani M. a few weeks before her death and looked the other way," Waller wrote. "She cannot be depended upon to protect children living in her home."

Bashir has appealed the decision, according to AM 750 and 95.5 FM WSB News/Talk Radio.

A court-appointed guardian has recommended that the two children be put up for adoption and state officials have petitioned to have parental rights removed from Tiffany and Eman Moss, according to court records.

The children will remain in the custody of DFCS officials.

Good.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/crime-l...ni-moss/nmYLf/

Dad pleads guilty in death of Emani Moss

(June 8, 2015) The father of a 10-year-old girl whose charred, emaciated body was found stuffed in a Gwinnett County trash can in 2013 pleaded guilty Monday to felony murder in the death of Emani Moss.

"Mr. Moss loves his daughter," Christian Lamar, the attorney for Eman Moss, told FOX 5 Atlanta. "After discussing the strength of the case against him, and also just what was the best thing that he wanted to do, this is where we came out."

As part of the deal, Eman Moss agreed to testify against his wife, Tiffany Moss, who is also charged in the case.

Investigators never pegged Moss as the prime perpetrator in the death of his daughter but rather as a passive participant who failed to protect her, District Attorney Danny Porter told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution on Monday.

"It has always been our contention that the driving force was his wife," Porter said. I don't think he is the one who made the decision to starve his child to death. I think he acquiesced to it."

Tiffany Moss made sure her own children were fed and clothed properly but isolated and starved her stepdaughter, Porter said.

The couple, who last year entered not guilty pleas, previously faced the death penalty. Because of Monday's guilty plea, Porter recommended a sentence of life without the possibility of parole for Eman Moss.

Investigators and prosecutors will debrief the father over next month and see whether he can provide critical testimony to help convict his wife, Porter said. The quality of that information could prompt a sentence of life with parole eligibility, Porter said.

"There are a lot of 'I don't knows,' in his statement -- he was working two jobs and he was gone much of the time," Porter said. "He has agreed to testify, but I am not sure we can use him."

Porter said he wants to know what happened to Emani, who weighed 32 pounds at the time of her death.

The guilty plea came 19 months after police discovered Emani's body stuffed in the trash can outside her Gwinnett apartment on Nov. 2, 2013. Police said she was starved to death, denied food since Oct. 24.

The case brought renewed scrutiny to Georgia's child welfare system. The state fired two employees and punished four others, finding that employees and supervisors with the Division of Family and Children Services failed to assess the risks to the child or to properly review the family's troubled history.

(This is the same county as the diluted breast milk case, btw.)

Sorry, but I gotta go with Kev on this one. Juice this bitch!!! She methodically starved, abused, neglected and murdered this sweet baby. Dad went along with it and did nothing. He's just as guilty. Hopefully he never sees the light of day again. It's a shame that both of these vile pieces of shit can't be punished in the same exact manner that they killed this child. Oh wait, they have rights.

Brick them up in a doorless, windowless cell together and walk away.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

Thread Information