Thread: 'Highly Intoxicated' Mother Killed Baby While Breastfeeding:Yadina Indira Morales

'Highly Intoxicated' Mother Killed Baby While Breastfeeding:Yadina Indira Morales

A "highly intoxicated" mother passed out while breastfeeding her 2-month-old baby, killing the child, according to police.

Law enforcement authorities say the baby was found unresponsive underneath 22-year-old Yadina Indira Morales on Saturday morning, reports the Baltimore Sun.

Just before 7 a.m. Washington County sheriff's deputies were called to the house in Hagerstown, Md., about 70 miles northwest of Washington, D.C. The baby was pronounced dead at the Mertius Medical Center, where Morales was also examined before being booked and charged, according to the Associated Press.

Morales has been charged with manslaughter, second-degree child abuse and reckless endangerment, among other charges. Court records show Morales posted bail and was released from detention on Saturday, ABC2 reports.

The Baltimore Sun found records of a previous incident involving one of Morales' children:

Last year, a man Morales identified as her boyfriend was charged with child abuse after another child, Morales' then-2-year-old daughter, was brought to a hospital with fractured ribs and other injuries, according to a 2012 story in the Hagerstown Herald-Mail. Maryland online judicial records indicate Daniel Keith Edmonds ultimately registered an Alford plea -- not admitting guilt but acknowledging there was sufficient evidence to find him guilty -- to a lesser, second-degree assault charge.

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1441951/th...S-large.jpg?15

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    So she passed out and smothered it? We had the same thing happened here to a family with a one-month-old baby girl born to an extremely obese mother and she was breast-feeding and fell asleep and smothered the infant. As tragic and sad as it sounds, this woman was of low economic status and was about to get kicked out of her apartment and the school I work for came together and raised money to rent her a new apartment. The staff donated random furniture and utensils and I even took pictures of the kids and had them framed for decorations on the wall. Not three months later she was evicted from this apartment because of the absolute filth the landlord found it in and when they cleaned it out they figured out that she was disposing of her used tampons underneath the couch cushions!
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

Quote Originally Posted by SuchAClassicGirl View Post
    So she passed out and smothered it? We had the same thing happened here to a family with a one-month-old baby girl born to an extremely obese mother and she was breast-feeding and fell asleep and smothered the infant. As tragic and sad as it sounds, this woman was of low economic status and was about to get kicked out of her apartment and the school I work for came together and raised money to rent her a new apartment. The staff donated random furniture and utensils and I even took pictures of the kids and had them framed for decorations on the wall. Not three months later she was evicted from this apartment because of the absolute filth the landlord found it in and when they cleaned it out they figured out that she was disposing of her used tampons underneath the couch cushions!
    Why. Filth, okay, whatever. People drop what ever they are doing and it creates clutter after a while. But putting them under the couch cushion, that had thought put into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Katerss View Post
    Why. Filth, okay, whatever. People drop what ever they are doing and it creates clutter after a while. But putting them under the couch cushion, that had thought put into it.
    not if you didn't get off the couch to change them. it's like stuffing a candy bar wrapper when you don't want to get up! seriously - i haven't done that since i was a teen, i swear!
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

I wonder what her drug of choice is? I assume alcohol but this is weird. Generally women who are going to breast feed for a couple of months or more tend to be educated, attentive, caring moms. It takes work and dedication. I mean, the drinks and junkies usually pass the kid off to someone else and don't think twice about breastfeeding. Very sad for the baby.

The tampon story is nauseating.

A mother who smothered her two-month-old daughter to death after passing out as she drunkenly breastfed her has been sentenced to 15 months in prison.
    Yadina Morales, 22, was also sentenced to three years of probation after entering an Alford plea to manslaughter in Washington County Circuit Court, Maryland on Tuesday.
    The Alford plea means the mother-of-three is not admitting to the crime, but recognizes that she would likely be found guilty a trial.
    The judge sentenced her to eight years, but suspended all but 15 months and all other charges against her were dropped as part of the plea deal, Your4State reported.
    Both Morales and her baby daughter Marilyn Bryant, were both found unconscious in their Hagerstown home on November 2, 2013 by the baby's father, Dwayne Bryant.
    'We found that the mother was highly intoxicated and had actually been breastfeeding the child and passed out and ultimately smothered the child,' Sheriff Douglas Mullendore told NBC last year.
    The baby was rushed to hospital but she could not be saved.
    According to court records, the baby's father, Mr Bryant, called emergency services who found him screaming in the car park of the couple's home, Business Insider reported.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz33fUOwVPS
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I'm going to say it. New mothers get away with a lot more than normal people. If any other person smothered a kid, they wouldn't get a 15 months in jail.

Disclaimer - I have two kids and at once stage had two under two years old. I get how hard it is.

Yeah this sentence is BS.

Also, who is dumb enough to breastfeed when they're pass out worthy drunk!? Fuck this bitch.

Thread Information