Thread: A thread for good news...

A thread for good news...

So many news stories are grim, but every so often there is a strange, weird and happy story. We need more of them so...
    http://www.startribune.com/local/230375281.html

Two small airplanes carrying skydivers collided over Superior at dusk Saturday, causing the lead plane to break into pieces, with debris falling across a swath of southern sections of town.

Only minor injuries were reported among the 11 people aboard the planes. The mid-air collision and its aftermath were seen by numerous witnesses in the Twin Ports.

?We were just kind of lucky that we were at the point where we were out of the airplane,? said Mike Robinson, a skydiving instructor who was one of four jumpers on the first plane, a Cessna 182. ?If we?d been back in the rear of the airplane when they collided it might have been a little bit different.?

All nine of the skydivers aboard the two planes were already jumping or preparing to jump when the collision occurred at a height of 12,000 feet above the Superior Menard?s, Robinson said.

The four jumpers aboard the lead plane - the one that broke apart - landed without incident. The pilot of that plane used an emergency parachute to also jump safely, Robinson said, but he sustained some cuts and was taken to an area hospital for treatment.

Robinson didn?t know the pilot?s name but said he was from the Twin Cities and went by the nickname ?Tweak.?

?He may need some stitches, but he?s not seriously hurt,? Robinson said in the Skydive Superior building as other skydivers quietly packed their gear.

The five jumpers aboard the second plane, a Cessna 185, also jumped while pilot Blake Wedan of Superior landed safely at the Superior Airport without incident in spite of damage to its propellers, Robinson said.

?The pilot did a great job being able to land it,? he said.

Both planes are owned by Skydive Superior.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

So sad that this has to be under weird and bizarre..

Quote Originally Posted by g r ee n ey e s View Post
    So sad that this has to be under weird and bizarre..

It's also sad that I can't spell thread
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

Ok this was weird dbl post ..it came out on top of one I edited.
    Last edited by queenaevadamthng; 11-03-2013 at 03:58 PM.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

It's all good Puzz, you can spell it however you like it cuz it's happy news. Nice to see and thanks.

This one is older but I still love it...I always read the Good News section in Huff Post.http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/2906337

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

Park County Sheriff?s officials have released more information about the rescue of Wisconsin?s Mark and Kristine Wathke on Monday.

Park County Sheriff?s spokesperson, Lance Mathess, says that the Wathkes were found near the Long Lake area of U.S. Highway 212, also known as the Beartooth Highway, by Troy Barnett, owner of the K BAR Z Guest Ranch.

?Troy took it upon himself, after hearing news of the missing couple, to take his snowmobiles up there,? says Mathess. ?The couple was found stuck in the snow.?

U.S. Highway 212 has been closed since mid-September. Mathess says the couple either disregarded or did not see the closure signs for the highway and became stuck in the snow last Tuesday.

?The snow can be deceiving up there. It gets warm in the day and cold at night and it freezes over and gets a layer of ice on it. You can think you?re driving on the highway, which actually you?re driving on six inches to a foot of snow and you can hit a weak spot, and boom, down on all fours and you?ll sink into the snow,? says Mathess. ?The [closure] signs are along the side of the road and they can be missed. They are occasionally missed by people.?

As of Monday morning, the Wathkes are reported to be at the K Bar Z Ranch, and doing well.

(10:49 AM) The Park County, Wyoming Sheriff?s Department says a missing couple from Wisconsin has been found alive and well.

Deputies say a rancher who had heard about the couple?s disappearance went out for a quick search on his snowmobile and found the couple Monday around 8:45 a.m. Mountain time.

Deputies say Mark and Kristine Wathke, who were last seen Tuesday, were near Yellowstone Park when they drove down a road not realizing that it was closed because of the weather, and their car got stuck in the snow.

With enough fuel in the car to keep it running and keep warm, and also with food and water the Sheriffs Department noted they were doing well. They did not have cell phone service.

We will have more as information is released through the day.
    http://k2radio.com/missing-wisconsin...live-and-well/

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    http://www.firehouse.com/news/112214...-freed-by-fdny

FDNY Frees Student Trapped Between Buildings

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
    CREATED: NOVEMBER 4, 2013

He may have been wedged for two days before he was discovered.

Firefighters in New York rescued a student who was found wedged in a tiny space between New York University dorm and a parking garage.

NEW YORK (AP) — Fire officials say a 19-year-old New York University student may have been trapped between two buildings for as long as two days.

The victim, Asher Vongtau, was rescued at 6:25 p.m. Sunday.

A fire department spokesman says he's in serious condition at Bellevue Hospital.

It's unclear how Vongtau got stuck between a 5-story parking garage and a 17-story NYU dormitory. The buildings are between Lafayette and Franklin streets in lower Manhattan.

The spokesman says rescue workers broke through a concrete wall to reach Vongtau. He was wedged in an area about six to 18 inches wide. It took about 90 minutes to pull him out.

The fire department says the only way to get to the site is from the roof of one of the buildings.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/05/he...atch.html?_r=0
    Determined to get rid of the hepatitis C infection that was slowly destroying his liver, Arthur Rubens tried one experimental treatment after another. None worked, and most brought side effects, like fever, insomnia, depression, anemia and a rash that ?felt like your skin was on fire.?

But this year, Dr. Rubens, a professor of management at Florida Gulf Coast University, entered a clinical trial testing a new pill against hepatitis C. Taking it was ?a piece of cake.? And after three months of treatment, the virus was cleared from his body at last.

Central Connecticut State University student behind terror lockdown says it was a misunderstanding over Halloween costume
    A 21-year-old university student has apologized after his Snake Eyes costume from G.I. Joe caused a three-hour lockdown at his New Britain school Monday. David Kyem said the tactical vest, camouflage pants, mask, sword and handgun were all just for show and he never meant to scare anyone.

David Kyem has been charged with breach of peace after his Halloween costume created a panic on campus, sparking a police response in central Connecticut.

A 21-year-old Central Connecticut State University student blamed for a campus lockdown Monday has apologized, claiming it was all a misunderstanding from "a Halloween costume gone bad."

CCSU senior David Kyem told New Britain police he was returning from a Halloween party over the weekend when he marched on campus wearing a tactical vest, camouflage pants, mask, sword and handgun.

The costume featuring fake, plastic weapons allegedly for the G.I. Joe character Snake Eyes provoked a spray of 911 calls and a three-hour campus lockdown that affected two neighboring schools as well.

"I'm sorry for all the commotion and the fear and the confusion," Kyem, the son of a CCSU Geology professor, told the Harford Courant Tuesday. "I'm sorry for any problems. It's obviously a big misunderstanding."

Kyem claims that he didn't realize the terror his outfit unleashed until long after he was inside his dorm and heard the university's alert advising students to seek shelter, lock doors and stay away from windows.

"My first thought was, 'Oh gosh, what's going on?'" he said.

Fellow senior Nicholas Federici, who spotted Kyem approaching his dorm of James Hall around noon, described the costume as no laughing matter.
    A costume featuring fake, plastic weapons led to a spray of 911 calls as witnesses feared a gunman was on the loose.

"I could see a tactical vest ? something I wore when I was on the SWAT team and in the Marine Corps," the 28-year-old former police officer told the Courant. "These vests have a place to put your handgun. I could clearly see where the holster was and there was a handle coming out consistent with a semiautomatic handgun."

Federici said he followed Kyem and used his cellphone to call 911 when police arrived.

What appeared to be a tense standoff featuring a S.W.A.T. team ensued with little information released to the public by either police or the university.

About an hour into the lockdown Kyem said he got a call from friends tipping him off about the link between the suspected gunman's description and his Halloween costume.

"My friends started calling me and saying, 'Hey Dave, I think somebody got your Halloween costume confused with a gunman,'" he said.

Kyem remained huddled with his roommates until a police officer called his cellphone and, at his direction, Kyem came out.

Students photographing the scene through their windows captured the student being led out of the building by police, his hands behind his back.

He was charged that night with breach of peace and released after posting $1,000 bail.

His roommates were taken into custody as well but it was not said whether they had been charged with him.

Kyem's mother, Olivia Kyem, defended her son to the Courant Monday night as a harmless young man. She summed it up as "a Halloween costume gone bad."

His father, Professor Peter Kyem, criticized his son's actions as "a stupid thing he did."

"I think people saw him and mistook him for a gunman," he told NBC. "They are all plastic materials, the mask and everything."

Friends of Kyem said they did see him wearing the outfit at a party over the weekend. The 21-year-old told police he didn't have enough room in his overnight bag to carry his costume, so decided to wear it back to his room instead.

That excuse didn't sit well with Federici.

"Are you telling me you couldn't find a change of clothing between your Halloween party and Monday afternoon?" he questioned.

At about 3:15 p.m., approximately three hours after Kyem's return to campus Monday, the school lockdown was lifted.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...#ixzz2joI4KQ2C

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

NEW YORK Passengers aboard a U.S. Airways Express flight staged an apparent revolt Wednesday night in support of a fellow traveler who is legally blind, CBS New York reports.

The flight was about to take off from Philadelphia heading to Long Island's MacArthur Airport when Albert Rizzi said he was confronted by a flight attendant because his guide dog wouldn't stay under his seat.

"We were on the ground for over an hour and 45 minutes waiting to take off and the dog became a little disgruntled, agitated because of the vibrations of the plane and inched out from under the seat and was under my legs," Rizzi told 1010 WINS. "The woman came back again and said 'the dog has to be under the seat, we're not going to take off until you get that dog under the seat.'"

Rizzi said the flight attendant later returned and kicked him and his dog off the flight. That's when Rizzi said other passengers on board rallied behind him.

"Security comes on and they go to take this gentleman off the plane with his dog," fellow passenger Frank Ohlhorst said. "So when we, the passengers, realize what was going on, we were like 'why is this happening? He's not a problem.'"

Rizzi said he was "humbled" by the actions of his fellow passengers.

"All the passengers got off the plane and I was so emotionally moved by that," Rizzi said. "I was just humbled to believe that people, 35 people, got off the plane angry and upset and yelling at management saying 'she needs to be fired today.'"

All of the passengers ended up taking a bus back to Long Island.

U.S. Airways says it is investigating the incident.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-...in-solidarity/

A man injured when a driver suspected of being drunk barreled into his northern Idaho house got some good news Saturday: His dog, missing since the Thursday crash, was found.

The Coeur d'Alene Press reported that Jeffrey Groat was reunited with his teacup Great Dane named Burke while recovering in the hospital.

Groat and two others were hurt Thursday when police say 27-year-old Thomas Scott Heinbaugh drove his truck through the side of Groat's home in Coeur d'Alene.

Sherri Bloom, a friend of Groat's, was hospitalized in fair condition, and Bloom's 10-year-old daughter was also hospitalized but doesn't appear to have been seriously injured.

Burke went missing after the crash left a gaping hole in Groat's home, just to the left of his front door.

The dog was found by a Coeur d'Alene resident who read about the accident in the Press and recognized the dog from a picture in the paper.

The small pooch had been found Thursday near the hospital's emergency room, leading Groat's friends to speculate it had followed emergency vehicles that carried him and the other victims to the hospital.

Groat's friend, Brandi Bieber, says the dog was so excited at their reunion Saturday that he had to be restrained from jumping on Groat's hospital bed.

Prior to the reunion, Groat asked repeatedly about Burke's whereabouts during his treatment.

"It was a big, big stress for him," Bieber said. "The family is relieved. He is relieved."

Groat, who had been playing cards with Bloom and her daughter in his living room at the time of the crash, was trapped under Heinbaugh's Ford F250 and had to be extricated by emergency personnel, police said.

He suffered a cut on his leg and cracked ribs but was released from the hospital on Sunday. Bloom remains hospitalized.

Shortly after being notified that Burke had been located, Bieber picked up the dog.

Friends and family began working on a surprise reunion.

"We kept it all very hush, hush," Bieber said. "A nurse told Jeff she was taking him outside to get some fresh air."

Meanwhile, Heinbaugh has been arrested on suspicion of drunken driving and fleeing an injury accident and is being held in Kootenai County Jail.
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...crash/3491925/

Jeffrey Groat was playing cards with girlfriend Sherri Bloom and her 10-year-old daughter, Lyra Vonk, when the truck came crashing through the walls of his Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, home. In the foggy chaos afterward, Lyra remembers Burke ? Groat's 80-pound Great Dane, pictured above with Groat ? running off, leading friends on a dog hunt that lasted two days. But while the dog may have been spooked, he didn't abandoned his owner. Burke was picked up by a man who found him limping near the entrance to Kootenai Health, where the three had been taken by ambulance to be treated.

Thomas Heinbaugh, 27, was arrested for aggravated driving under the influence and felony leaving the scene of the accident that left Lyra with a dislocated hip, Bloom with a broken neck and lacerated liver and Groat with a broken collarbone, shoulder and ribs. But mostly he was worried sick about Burke until friends cooked up a surprise reunion outside the hospital. "It made my day," Groat said. "I didn't even feel my broken bones then."

http://now.msn.com/family-injured-by...rt-to-hospital

San Francisco kicks ass. Love Batkid

A little boy will get the surprise of a lifetime today when San Francisco transforms into Gotham City to fulfill the 5-year-old leukemia patient's wish to be Batman for a day.

The Make-a-Wish Foundation has created an entire day catered to Miles' dream.

The day has begun with a special edition cover of the San Francisco Chronicle, whose entire front page is dedicated to the young superhero. The headline for the lead story is "Batkid Saves City."

The author? None other than Clark Kent.

The other front page stories, all about Batkid, are written by Lois Lane, Brenda Starr and Perry White.

Around 9:30 a.m. PT, Miles will see a breaking news story on a TV. The police chief will be asking whether anyone knows where Batkid is because he needs his help to solve a crime and "bringing the bad guys to justice," Make-a-Wish said in a statement.

Miles' day will then include rescuing a damsel in distress tied up across the Hyde Street cable car line and capturing the Puzzler in the act of robbing a downtown vault. As Batkid eats his lunch at Burger Bar, he'll get a special message from the chief, telling him to go to the window where he'll look out over Union Square and see a huge group of volunteers jumping up and down and asking for his help.

A villain will be kidnapping a famous San Francisco mascot and Batkid will rush to the rescue. His last stop will be City Hall, where the mayor and police chief will thank him and present him with a key to the city and a crowd will be cheering him on.

"He is a sunny, positive little boy and finds his inspiration in super heroes," Make-a-Wish said of Miles. "When we interviewed Miles for a wish, he surprised even his parents: he wishes to be BatKid!"

Make-a-Wish decided to make Miles' dream come true and, in a rare move for the foundation, asked the public to participate.

"This is one that we thought of as a great opportunity for people to share in the power of a wish so they can see how it affects not only the children and their families, but also the other people involved," Jen Wilson, marketing and promotions manager for Make-a-Wish in San Francisco, told ABCNews.com. "It has a big impact on many people.

"Since he wants to be a superhero, we felt like having a large crowd there waiting with signs and cheering him on would make him feel like a hero, not just because he battle villains and helped fight crime, but he's a true hero," Wilson said.

The interest level in Miles' wish has been "extreme," Wilson said, and that this is "definitely not the typical wish we grant."

The group is expecting hundreds, and possibly thousands, of people to come out and participate.

"We've gotten people who want to volunteer to participate, actors reaching out asking if they can play a role, photographers and videographers offering their services, people who want to give Miles gifts, makeup artists willing to donate their services, a fire truck that want to come out and show their support," Wilson said. "It's quite a range."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/batkids-mak...ry?id=20899254

And here's the Twitter feed for all of his missions and feats today: https://twitter.com/SFWish

Last night a toddler found an unsecured revolver in his home. When his mother tried to take it away, two shots were accidentally fired. One shot struck his mother in the leg. Thankfully everyone is going to be ok, but this could have turned out very differently. Gun owners, please remember to safely secure your firearms when not in use. Guns should be kept locked up and unloaded, with ammunition stored in a separate location. More gun safety tips below.

https://www.facebook.com/RapidCityPD
    Julia Jahnke McGraw I'm a proud gun owner and a proud mom. My daughter who is six has been taught from very young never to pick up a gun and always go to a different area if one is being played with. Our weapons are kept ready for defense but kept out of sight or high enough she can't reach. It's called being smart and gun safety even for kids.
    Like ? Reply ? 10 ? 20 hours ago via mobile
    Ariel Napier Just curious gun owners are you going to ask an intruder to hold on while you take time to get your gun out of your safe?
    Like ? Reply ? 3 ? 18 hours ago via mobile ? Edited
    A.j. Senn They're should be an application process for reproducing!
    Like ? Reply ? 3 ? 19 hours ago via mobile
    Jackie Hersch I am a proud gun owner of several guns! I also have a 5 and 3 year old in the house! Our #1 goal is gun safety we keep then unloaded and absolutely out of reach of all children and visitors!! Please people think if your going to have a gun in your home!
    Like ? Reply ? 4 ? 21 hours ago via mobile
    Edwin Harris God why isn't this in a safe? Or at least in an area where the owner can reach it
    Like ? Reply ? 2 ? 22 hours ago via mobile
    Julia Jahnke McGraw It's called teach your kids to not play out pick up a gun. If I need to protect myself or family I don't want to have to go to several places to put it together or fumble around trying to get a lock off
    Like ? Reply ? 2 ? 21 hours ago via mobile

Josh Combs yes because we all know 23 month olds always listen and remember..
    Like ? 3 ? 21 hours ago

Veronica Carnes A toddler is between the age of one and three yrs old... seriously two shots were fired...from their little hand very hard to believe unless this isn't what happened at all
    Like ? Reply ? 2 ? 14 hours ago

Veronica Carnes And hope the parents get a hefty fine for being so irresponsible!!!
    Like ? 1 ? 14 hours ago

Dede Jackson Sometimes the "adults" need a little more teaching!
    Like ? Reply ? 2 ? 17 hours ago via mobile
    Janiece Fousek Its difficult when people want a gun for protection and have children in the home. You have to keep the children safe from the weapon but it also needs to be accessible for protection. This situation was a unique one however. Firearm safety is always a must and we must teach our children when they are old enough as well! I wouldn't forgive myself if something tragic happened in my home because of a weapon. I am glad the mother will be able to raise her children.
    Like ? Reply ? 2 ? 22 hours ago via mobile
    Denise Ekstrand If someone is intruding in your home.. You shouldn't have to go one place to get your gun and then ammo at another place in your home... Cause some courts say that gives you time to think of what you can do to the intruder.. Which could put you behind bars..
    Like ? Reply ? 2 ? 22 hours ago
    Ariel Napier Everytime we mess with our guns clean our guns anything we make our kids come in to the same room trust me they're tired of Guns.
    Like ? Reply ? 19 hours ago via mobile
    Edwin Harris I kept my hammer away from my toddler while she was growing up. I did the same with my pistols.
    Like ? Reply ? 19 hours ago via mobile
    Christine Martz Really ?...... In a child's reach AND loaded????? Idiots!!!!!!!!!!
    Like ? Reply ? 11 minutes ago via mobile
    Jo Anne Andrews How about safety class for the PARENTS!!!!! Who leaves a gun OUT unless you are a drug dealer! !!!
    Like ? Reply ? 1 ? 3 hours ago via mobile
    Susanne Jensen Maher There is something there is called a gun lock put one on it
    Like ? Reply ? 1 ? 22 hours ago via mobile
    Ursula Voth People it's a toddler, who probably would not understand when your talking to them about gun safety! If you must have it than keep it in a place easily accessible to you, but not a toddler.
    Like ? Reply ? 2 hours ago via mobile
    Sheri Murner I feel so sorry for the lay enfocement men to. so much that people don't take car of their lifes, their kids. and it all ends up in the police hands to work it out.
    Like ? Reply ? 16 hours ago
    Sheri Murner I was rasied in the the home of a police mad that when he got off duty his gun was alwasyn the table my brothers and me was taught not to touch it. in case he was called in. I have guns in my house and why was this gu not on safey where it would not shot. ?
    Like ? Reply ? 16 hours ago
    Rita Elizabeth M I'm a gun owner and no I won't ask the stupid ass if he can Waite the point I see is the gun was not in a safe place lock or not lock us as the adults should now better than to leave it were our small children can reach it my children now how to shot every gun in my home but have been taught not to touch unless an adult is with them and hands it to them yes thankful no one was killed but we still have a non responsible adult that put them self and child in danger due to improper safety of a gun
    Like ? Reply ? 16 hours ago via mobile

Dan Schneider punctuation is your friend
    Like ? about an hour ago ? Edited

Katrina Bruns With toddlers, door knobs plus another foot down is considered fair game. I have my firearms high, accessible, locked with the key where I know where it is. My kids have been taught firearm safety from a very young age, but that doesn't make believe to leave them accessible to anyone but myself and the other adult living in my house.
    Like ? Reply ? 20 hours ago via mobile
    Jami Carpenter Praise God the baby didnt shot herself!
    Like ? Reply ? 21 hours ago
    Elizabeth Perez Thankfully no one was killed.
    Like ? Reply ? 22 hours ago
    Write a comment...
    Last edited by puzzld; 12-14-2013 at 07:49 AM.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    I know how to properly tie a bow tie now.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

A man presumed dead for decades as a potential victim of serial killer John Wayne Gacy has been reunited with his family after investigators found him alive and well in Montana.

Robert Hutton was located in April after his sister submitted his name as a possible Gacy victim, Cook County Sheriff Tom Dart said Thursday. Investigators in Dart's office collected DNA samples two years ago from the remains of eight unnamed victims in an effort to identify them.

Hutton was last heard from in 1972, when he told his mother he was traveling from New York to California. Hutton presumably passed through Chicago, where Gacy lived; Hutton fit the profile of a Gacy victim; and it was the year Gacy killed his first known victims.

Hutton, 21 at the time, was a hitchhiker who often traveled by bus and worked in construction.

Gacy, a building contractor and amateur clown, was convicted of luring 33 young men and boys to his Chicago-area home ? sometimes by hiring them for construction work ? and strangling them between 1972 and 1978. Most were buried in a crawl space under his home. Four others were dumped in a river.

Gacy was executed in 1994.

Dart's office said investigators acted quickly on the Hutton lead because of how closely he fit the victim profile. They eventually traced a man with the same identifying information to Colorado, only to learn he had moved. They later located the same man in rural Montana, and he confirmed to local law enforcement authorities that he was the same Robert Hutton who disappeared in 1972.

Dart said Hutton has visited his father and plans to visit his sister.

Since the Gacy investigation was reopened, one additional victim has been identified and seven missing persons cases have been closed; five were found alive and two had died of natural causes.

Two other unrelated missing persons cases have been solved after family submitted DNA that later was matched with bodies found in other states.
    http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/ma...cid=newssocial

So basically, the guy ran off and never called his mom again.

I hope the reunion starts with mom kicking his lazy ass.
    If it hadn't been for Cotton-Eye Joe
    I'd been married long time ago

A little girl's letter to Santa launched by a red balloon was found miles away by a stranger who, sensing a connection with its author, wanted to find her and make her Christmas wish come true.

Joie, 5, had written the letter, tied it to a balloon and set it free last week along with the rest of her kindergarten class in Chula Vista, just south of San Diego.

?Dear Santa, I would like to have a mermaid doll with a bow for Christmas. Thank you, Love, Joie,? the letter read.

Defense contract negotiator Terry Hardin was leaving work on Dec. 17 when he noticed a red balloon with something tied to it floating down from the sky.

He watched it travel to the ground and into the parking lot. It took three to five minutes, he said.

?I walked over, so interested and intrigued as to what it was,? he recalled.

He said when he noticed the name of the child at the end of the letter, he paused. His mother, Joie Britt, had passed away in August 2012.

?It put a chill up my spine,? Hardin said.

He and his mother weren?t on the best of terms at the time of her death. He now admits he was very angry with her.

Now, he believes that in some way the kindergartner?s letter was meant for him.

?This literally came from Heaven to make things right,? he said.

Hardin?s wife, Angel, went to work trying to track down the little girl so the couple could fulfill the wish.

She sent emails to news organizations, including NBC 7 San Diego, asking for help.

?We don't know who this girl is or how this balloon got to be over downtown, but somehow I feel like I really want this girl to get her doll,? she wrote.

San Diego-area talk show host Mike Slater enlisted the help of his listeners and soon, the author of the letter was found.

On Thursday, Hardin met Joie face to face in her classroom at St. Rose of Lima.

He handed her the gift ? a "Little Mermaid" doll complete with bow. Joie was shy, but with encouragement from her classmates, she quickly unwrapped the gift.

She and her family later posed for a picture with Hardin, who said he is enjoying the enthusiasm the story has generated around the U.S. and even overseas.

He appreciates the nice comments he?s seeing posted beneath the news articles online.

Source: http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loca...#ixzz2opajzvxk

Wow!! With all the other news I needed this today :-)

I bet that little girl doesn't believe in Santa anymore.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

I have never in my life heard of and 80 lb 'teacup' dog. I know he's great dane and all, but holy hell

The small pooch had been found Thursday

Jeffrey Groat was reunited with his teacup Great Dane named Burke while recovering in the hospital.

Groat's 80-pound Great Dane
    That is one huge guard god! Which is cool, whih since im terrified :)

Oh no, sent too quickly.
    Meant to say, "which is cool, since it would terrify me". Accept my apology, spelling police.

The good news being for his family that he is alive, as it was a suicide attempt he might not be so pleased.

Kenyan 'corpse' wakes up in Naivasha morgue

The patient in Naivasha District Hospital who spent time in morgue after being declared dead although still alive - Thursday 9 January 2014
    Paul Mutora was visited by relatives after being rescued from the morgue

'Dead man' wakes up in SA morgue

Kenyan authorities have launched an investigation into how a man declared dead in a hospital woke up alive in its morgue the next day.

Shocked mortuary workers at Naivasha hospital ran away when the body stirred and was seen to be breathing.

Paul Mutora, who had tried to kill himself by swallowing insecticide, was pronounced dead on Wednesday night.

The chief medic said the drug used to treat him slowed the heart beat, which may have led to the mistake.

The mortuary attendant and a worker took to their heels screaming”

Witness
    "This might have confused medical personnel, but the victim was saved before he could be embalmed," Dr Joseph Mburu, the superintendent in charge of Naivasha District Hospital, was quoted by Kenya's Standard newspaper as saying.

According to the paper, Mr Mutora's father and other relatives visited the morgue on Thursday morning to view the body and then returned home to start funeral arrangements.

"But in the afternoon we were informed, he was alive and were left in shock," the father said.

A witness told the Star newspaper that when noises were heard inside the cold room: "The mortuary attendant and a worker took to their heels screaming."

Journalists photographed Mr Mutora later recovering on a male ward in the hospital in the lakeside town, 90km (55 miles) north-west of the capital, Nairobi,

"This was a mistake from the start and I apologise to my father," the patient said.

BBC
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This might have confused medical personnel, but the victim was saved before he could be embalmed"

Well that ^^^ he probably CAN be relieved about!

Thread Information