Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tiffany Kain (33) died in her home and squatters collected her benefits

Quote Originally Posted by Keann Scissorhands Powley View Post
    When I was going my cna and hha training we were warned about people who claim to be home health aids who do it just to take advantage of vulnerable adults. Also companies do this. Let people live in deplorable conditions and hire someone who never actually helps the clients and just collects the money.
    These people that prey on the disabled/elderly are the scum of the earth. If the person doesn't have family or friends to check up on them, then they are all the more vulnerable, and easy targets.

These fucktards had children in the home which is even more disturbing.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I know Tiffany. She had no children. She was unable to care for herself entirely, hence dcf. Her mother passed two years ago. A very sweet woman, these people clearly took advantage of her kindness and vulnerability.

Quote Originally Posted by Serendipity123 View Post
    I know Tiffany. She had no children. She was unable to care for herself entirely, hence dcf. Her mother passed two years ago. A very sweet woman, these people clearly took advantage of her kindness and vulnerability.
    very sorry for your loss, serendipity. it sounds like the loss of her mother was pretty devastating for her and that these people moved right on in shortly afterwards to start taking advantage!
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Thanks. I just ran across this and wanted to clarify she had no wrong doings. She never had an easy patch in her life that I'm aware of, but always smiled. What vile people to do this to her and their children.

Thanks. I just ran across this and wanted to clarify she had no wrong doings. She never had an easy patch in her life that I'm aware of, but always smiled. What vile people to do this to her and their children.
    thanks for coming in to clarify. we are always happy to have someone who knew the people we discuss help us understand how these things happened. how long have you known tiffany?

I knew her for 17 years. Since a bit before high school. She was using crutches when we first met. Not her chair. She lived in that home from the time I met her. She was well known in high school, and always took a bus to church every Sunday. She was known by so many people, it's beyond me that none of us ( many who knew her and saw her more than myself) noticed she wasn't around the past month.

I knew her for 17 years. Since a bit before high school. She was using crutches when we first met. Not her chair. She lived in that home from the time I met her. She was well known in high school, and always took a bus to church every Sunday. She was known by so many people, it's beyond me that none of us ( many who knew her and saw her more than myself) noticed she wasn't around the past month.
    I'm assuming that these people were presenting themselves as caretakers?

it seems it would be easy for someone to come in under the guise of care-taking and after some time, become controlling and abusive, isolating the person from her friends and family. maybe she had been becoming less and less social for a while because of them and so her disappearance wasn't noticed because she had been less present.

I can't say for certain what the affiliation was. The general consensus is that they came in to her life as friends. It seems people I've talked to that knew the couple didn't know Tiffany, and vice versa. I've seen pics on Facebook of Tiffany holding the kids. In her home. Tiffany was very sweet. Eager to talk and hug, even if she hadn't seen you in years. But her mental capacity would have left her vulnerable to people taking advantage of her. The last time I physically saw her, earlier this year, she was definitely not in her prime, healthwise or cleanliness. Though due to her health and other factors, this wasn't an entirely new thing. The red flags were there. Just not seen. :/. I don't want anything about her to come off negatively. She was a devout Christian with a smile for everyone. Just handed many unfortunate circumstances.

She sounds like a good person with a great heart. Sorry for your loss Serendipity.

Thanks. The people squatting there is so confusing. After looking more on Facebook, it looks like the connection may be Tiffany's brother. Nicole being an ex. Speculation from comments on my part. If I hear more personally, I can update.

Thread Information