Thread: Meghan Hairston (25) was found dead after she reported that her house was robbed twice in two days

Meghan Hairston (25) was found dead after she reported that her house was robbed twice in two days

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2013...ce_in_two_days

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-te...en-4935070.php

A 25-year-old woman who was found dead Monday evening inside her home in southwest Houston had reported being robbed twice just days before her body was discovered.

The body of Meghan Hairston was discovered about 5:30 p.m. in the 5900 block of Bridlington near Polo, according to the Houston Police Department.

Police said Hairston's family became concerned after they had not heard from the woman since she reported robberies at her home. When they went to the home, her mother found Hairston unresponsive in a bedroom. Paramedics with the Houston Fire Department were called to the home and Hairston was pronounced dead at the scene.

Hairston reportedly had been victimized twice before her death.

Police said Hairston had reported an aggravated robbery at her home on Friday. She told investigators four suspects forced their way inside and stole several items. They then drove Hairston to several nearby ATMs and forced her to withdraw cash. They later released her unharmed.

Police said Hairston also reported her home had been burglarized by two suspects on Saturday. The suspects stole her 2004 white Chevrolet Malibu, which was found abandoned on Monday.
    Last edited by Olivia; 11-04-2013 at 11:43 PM.

Weirrrddddd.

So many questions.

This article says she had a son who lived there.

http://lufkindailynews.com/news/comm...a4bcf887a.html

Megan Hairston, 25, was found unresponsive in her bedroom by her mother in her southwest Houston home after her mother had not heard from her in two days, according to a Houston television station, ABC 13, report.

Police reportedly found signs of forced entry to the home where Hairston had been living with her 2-year-old son. There was no information as to whether Hairston's son was in the home at the time her body was found.

Do they not know how she died? Or not releasing it? Hm..how scared she must've been after being robbed twice! I would not have stayed at my house after that for a bit...or at least not alone!

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Do they not know how she died? Or not releasing it? Hm..how scared she must've been after being robbed twice! I would not have stayed at my house after that for a bit...or at least not alone!
    Police said the Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences is scheduled to perform an autopsy on Hairston to determine how she died.

So I am guessing there was no gunshot or obvious cause of death?

It makes me wonder if she was really robbed or just either making it up because she was losing her shit, or being harassed over a drug debt.

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    It makes me wonder if she was really robbed or just either making it up because she was losing her shit, or being harassed over a drug debt.
    I'd probably put money on it that drugs are involved.

Yeah, I would also bet there is more to the story. Either she lives in the shittiest neighborhood in the world and is involved with some realy horrible people or something else is going on here. I don't meant to "blame the victim" but it would shock the hell out of me to find out she wasn't involved in something illegal.

Anyone find any updates? It's been about 6 weeks since the autopsy so surely things should come back soonish.

I could not find anything either. Looking through her fb, I learned she had diabetes and 2 beautiful children, she was in school on the deans list and was just a few month away from graduation. Very attractive lady. RIP Meghan.

I was looking through her pics and though I didn't see anything that would raise red flags but, there was one where she had a handful of 100 dollar bills. I hope that did not get her killed. https://scontent-b-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/...31019931_n.jpg

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

Quote Originally Posted by u2addict View Post
    I could not find anything either. Looking through her fb, I learned she had diabetes and 2 beautiful children, she was in school on the deans list and was just a few month away from graduation. Very attractive lady. RIP Meghan.

I was looking through her pics and though I didn't see anything that would raise red flags but, there was one where she had a handful of 100 dollar bills. I hope that did not get her killed. https://scontent-b-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/...31019931_n.jpg
    I'm not saying she deserved to be robbed or anything, but why would she advertise having all of that cash? That's just dumb. She's either a dealer or friends with one.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

http://www.khou.com/news/local/HPD--...236766781.html

HPD: Young woman found dead after kidnapping, robbery died from natural causes

HOUSTON — Houston police have learned the cause of death of a southwest Houston woman who was found dead at her home following a weekend in which she reported being robbed, abducted, freed and her car stolen.

The Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences has ruled the death of Meghan Jessica Hairston, 25, to be from natural causes. Hairston suffered a medical condition known as Diabetic Ketoacidosis. No foul play was found in this case, but an investigation was launched after Hairston had been victimized just days before.

Ms. Hairston reported an aggravated robbery at her residence on October 25, in which four unknown suspects forced their way inside and stole several items. Hairston was then taken by the suspects to several ATMs in the area and forced to withdraw cash. She was later dropped off unharmed at an unknown location. The next day, Hairston reported her home had been burglarized by two unknown suspects. In that incident, her 2004 white Chevrolet Malibu was stolen and later recovered on October 28.

Hairston’s family became concerned after not hearing from her since the reported incidents and went to her residence on October 28. Her mother went inside and found Hairston unresponsive in a bedroom. HFD paramedics responded to the scene and pronounced Hairston dead.

During the investigation, it was determined narcotics activity had been taking place at the residence. The reported home invasion and stolen vehicle were believed to be narcotics-related.

Weird, considering police statements such the signs of forced entry

“Police say there were signs of forced entry into the home where she lived with her 2-year-old child,”
    <<snipped>>
    Hairston filed two separate reports to police within the last week. Last Friday, she reported a home invasion. She told police that four unknown males took items from the house and then made her drive to several ATMs to withdraw money, the KTRK story stated.

Then on Saturday, Hairston filed another burglary report with the police. That time, her car was stolen, the KTRK story stated.

Sgt. Robert Torres with the Houston Police Department told KTRK that Hairston’s death was a “continuation of that robbery carried over onto Saturday,” which was also the last day that Hairston was seen alive.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diabetic_ketoacidosis

Diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA) is a potentially life-threatening complication in patients with diabetes mellitus. It happens predominantly in those with type 1 diabetes, but it can occur in those with type 2 diabetes under certain circumstances. DKA results from a shortage of insulin; in response the body switches to burning fatty acids and producing acidic ketone bodies that cause most of the symptoms and complications. [1]

DKA may be the first symptom of previously undiagnosed diabetes, but it may also occur in people known to have diabetes as a result of a variety of causes, such as intercurrent illness or poor compliance with insulin therapy. Vomiting, dehydration, deep gasping breathing, confusion and occasionally coma are typical symptoms. DKA is diagnosed with blood and urine tests; it is distinguished from other, rarer forms of ketoacidosis by the presence of high blood sugar levels. Treatment involves intravenous fluids to correct dehydration, insulin to suppress the production of ketone bodies, treatment for any underlying causes such as infections, and close observation to prevent and identify complications. [1][2]

DKA is a medical emergency, and without treatment it can lead to death.

The symptoms of an episode of diabetic ketoacidosis usually evolve over the period of about 24 hours. Predominant symptoms are nausea and vomiting, pronounced thirst, excessive urine production and abdominal pain that may be severe. Those who measure their glucose levels themselves may notice hyperglycemia (high blood sugar levels). In severe DKA, breathing becomes labored and of a deep, gasping character (a state referred to as "Kussmaul respiration"). [5] The abdomen may be tender to the point that an acute abdomen may be suspected, such as acute pancreatitis, appendicitis or gastrointestinal perforation. [5] Coffee ground vomiting (vomiting of altered blood) occurs in a minority of patients; this tends to originate from erosion of the esophagus. [3] In severe DKA, there may be confusion, lethargy, stupor or even coma (a marked decrease in the level of consciousness).
    Poor girl. Hallucinations seem to be really common with this condition. If she wasn't alone when the "robberies" happened someone might've realised & got her treated in time

http://treato.com/Diabetic+Ketoacido...cinations/?a=s

Poor girl. What an awful way to die.

I'd pretty much guess that she didn't take her insulin.

Diabetic Ketoacidosis is f'ing awful to experience. I wonder if she ever experienced the beginning stages of DK before? Most people with diabetes learn how to read their body when their blood sugar is rising...or at the very least test their blood when they've had a stressful event in their life.

i'm confused. so the robberies were hallucinations?
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    i'm confused. so the robberies were hallucinations?
    No, I don't think so. Her house was a drug house. The cops say the robberies were drug related.

I don't think she had drugs in her system b/c that wasn't listed as her caused of death.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diabetic_ketoacidosis

Poor girl. Hallucinations seem to be really common with this condition. If she wasn't alone when the "robberies" happened someone might've realised & got her treated in time

http://treato.com/Diabetic+Ketoacido...cinations/?a=s
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    No, I don't think so. Her house was a drug house. The cops say the robberies were drug related.

I don't think she had drugs in her system b/c that wasn't listed as her caused of death.
    dude, i am so confused by blighted's post then. thanks for clearing that up. maybe i should re-read the thread. apparently, i have no idea what's going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    I didn't see that coming. I thought she was murdered. RIP Meghan

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    dude, i am so confused by blighted's post then. thanks for clearing that up. maybe i should re-read the thread. apparently, i have no idea what's going on.
    It's possible that Blighted is right. The girl could have been seeing things. IDK.

The police make it sound like they believe she was robbed, bc they said drugs were involved.

Wait, where did the cops say drugs were involved?

Wait, where did the cops say drugs were involved?
    From blighteds article above - the last sentence.

During the investigation, it was determined narcotics activity had been taking place at the residence. The reported home invasion and stolen vehicle were believed to be narcotics-related.
    I'm not sure how accurate that is, though. They may have found her insulin needles and assumed something else, not knowing all of the side effects of diabetes.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Talk about a stroke of bad luck. I feel like a piece of shit for complaining that I had a bad week.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Thread Information