Thread: Mandy Matula (24) was found dead five months after she went missing

Mandy Matula (24) was found dead five months after she went missing

May 8, 2013, 3:01 PM

The investigation into the disappearance of 24-year-old Mandy Matula of Eden Prairie, Minn., has yielded new evidence, further tying her ex-boyfriend, who has since died, to the case.

Police said DNA testing confirmed Matula's blood was on a jacket found in the car of her ex-boyfriend, David Roe. Authorities said they believe Roe, 24, of Victoria, Minn., was with Matula before she was reported missing.

In addition, ballistics testing on an unfired bullet found near an Eden Prairie church Saturday came from the same gun Roe used to shoot himself in the head, according to a news release. The ammunition was found near the Victory Lutheran Church May 4. by community volunteers helping with the investigation.

Matula's family members last saw her at 11 p.m. on May 1. They reported the 24-year-old missing around 8:30 a.m. the next day after she did not show up for work at the city's park maintenance division, ABC Minneapolis affiliate KSTP-TV reported.

Roe was identified by police as a person of interest in Matula's disappearance and had agreed to speak with investigators. But before he could be questioned, he shot himself in the head in the parking lot of the Eden Prairie City Center at approximately 1:30 p.m. May 2. He was then transported to Hennepin County Medical Center in Minneapolis.

Roe died Saturday, two days after the self-inflicted gunshot wound, the county medical examiner said, but further details about Roe's death could not be confirmed.

Matula's father, Wayne Matula, told ABC News he saw his daughter get into Roe's car the night before she disappeared. The two often sat in his car in the family's driveway to talk, he said. "I just periodically checked through the curtains," he said. "The car sat there for about 20, 25 minutes, and then I went to bed."

"At 5:30 a.m., which is when I usually get up, I walked into her room, and there was still no sign of her having been there," he said. "I asked my wife, 'Did you talk to Mandy? She didn't come home last night.' She left everything here, this doesn't smell right."

He then called his daughter's office to see if she had gone to work. But when he was told she hadn't shown up that day, his wife, Lisa, called Roe on his cell phone to see if he knew where Matula was. Roe said that he and Matula drove to a nearby park the night of May 1, and that the two had argued.

"[Roe] told my wife [Mandy] jumped out of his car, and said she was going to walk home," Wayne Matula said. "That didn't make any sense. It was a very cold night. For her not to come home didn't make any sense." He said after his wife spoke to Roe, he went to the police to report his daughter was missing.

"He seemed like a good man," he said of Roe. "He was cordial to us as a family. But he was very possessive of her. He didn't want her talking with any other guys."

While the couple dated for about eight months, Wayne Matula said the two broke up around Labor Day 2012.

"He did love her, and he did everything he could to try and win her love back," he said. "My daughter was a very courteous person. She knew he was hurting, so she spent time with him. But he couldn't go along with that. He tried to win her back. He wanted her."

http://www.abcnews.go.com/us/missing...8Herrtt5umlVlw

Police Release Background Info On David Roe, Ex-Boyfriend Of Mandy Matula

We're learning more about David Roe, a person of interest in the disappearance of Eden Prairie resident Mandy Matula. A police report involving Roe back in 2007 shows that he was obsessed with his high school sweetheart.

The offense David Roe was accused of? Stalking.

In her statement, Emily Erdmann says she broke up with Roe but he continued to call, text, follow and check on her after she repeatedly told him to stop.

She says Roe followed a male friend of hers, John Kruse, in his car one day after school. Apparently Roe had seen the two talking. It reads, "Roe was driving crazy to keep up with Kruse and was changing lanes and cutting people off."

The report goes on to say that Roe would call Erdmann's friends to find out where she was.

Erdman says Roe was controlling, manipulative and had a bad temper. She says he pushed her one time and punched her in the stomach another time during their relationship.

The school resource officer spoke with Roe, telling him he couldn't have any more contact with Erdmann. It was recommended to Erdmann to get a restraining order. A safety plan was devised for her well-being.

Emily Erdmann says the stalking lasted for two months. Roe was arrested for stalking but never charged.

http://kstp.com/article/stories/s3025352.shtml

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    He didn't love her, he coveted her. There's a difference. Very pretty girl. And now this prick is dead and he's the only one who has any answers as to her whereabouts. What a fucking dick. I hope she's found and that she's okay, but it's not looking good right now.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Remains Found In MN Park Are Those Of Missing Woman

SUNDAY, OCTOBER 27, 2013

MINNEAPOLIS (AP)--A 24-year-old woman whose remains were found in a central Minnesota park likely died from a single gunshot wound to the head, police and the medical examiner's office said Sunday.

Eden Prairie police confirmed earlier Sunday that the human remains found in a shallow grave in a park along the Mississippi River north of Sartell are those of Mandy Matula, who had been missing since May. A hiker found the remains Saturday.

Matula's brother, Steven Matula, 22, told WCCO Radio on Sunday that the family was already certain the remains were those of his sister, a University of Minnesota Duluth graduate. He said a UMD sports sweater and a class ring with a ruby-colored stone that police found with the remains matched hers.

"They found a UMD softball fast-pitch sweater with the number 14 on the back," he said. "And right away when we heard that, we as a family knew that was Mandy. ... She was a proud wearer of UMD fast-pitch clothing. She loves the softball team, the softball sport, and 14 was her lucky number. So she just wore that sweater everywhere she went."

The Eden Prairie woman was last seen leaving her home May 1 with her ex-boyfriend, David Roe. Roe fatally shot himself in the head in an Eden Prairie police parking lot the next day after he was called in for questioning.

The park where Matula's remains were found is about 70 miles northwest of Minneapolis. It had been a focal point of the search for her after police traced the signal from her cellphone to the area.

- See more at: http://www.northjersey.com/news/crim....oXKp3Xk7.dpuf
    Last edited by *crickets*; 10-27-2013 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kevansvault View Post
    He didn't love her, he coveted her. There's a difference. Very pretty girl. And now this prick is dead and he's the only one who has any answers as to her whereabouts. What a fucking dick. I hope she's found and that she's okay, but it's not looking good right now.
    KV--you were right.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Goddamnit.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

This murdered girl's brother has no "ill will" towards his sister's murderer? He even calls him a "sweetheart" WTF?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Thread Information