Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Martin McNeil Murder Trial

Yeh, that's just evidence that he's a shitty person. It doesn't prove murder at all. The ME doesn't even know if she was murdered anyway.

Jinkasaurus was reporting last night that people in their hometown do not believe that Martin MacNeill is guilty that his daughter are angry because of the affair(s). I do believe he is guilty but agree with Bowie that they are not going to be able to prove it. I do wonder if he was afraid of all of the things that have come out since her death (his scamming of the VA, the fake records to enter med school etc) if she would have filed for divorce and that was the reason he killed her.

I can't get past the fact that someone actually named their child Gypsy.

The defense attorney looks like that guy from Ghostbusters

Quote Originally Posted by becoming View Post
    I can't get past the fact that someone actually named their child Gypsy.
    There was a girl named Gypsy in my 7th grade class.

The prosecution rested, the defense called four witnesses and rested. Jury instructions and closing arguements tomorrow. Predictions?

A responsible jury will find this guy not guilty and his kids will never speak to him again. The only person they had indicating any real evidence was a cellmate who was given a deal for testifying.

I believe he did it ..... not sure the prosecution proved it though. Depends if the jury believes the inmates' testimony.
    What is your prediction Diana?

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves" .. Confucius
    "The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation " ...... Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    I believe he did it ..... not sure the prosecution proved it though. Depends if the jury believes the inmates' testimony.
    What is your prediction Diana?
    Unfortunately he is going to walk. I do believe he did it but I guess we have seen an almost perfect murder. They should have allowed in that his brother also just "happened" to drown in the tub too.
    His kids are going to need serious therapy(more than they already do) I hope he dies alone and lonely, he destroyed so many lives.

I noticed while watching this trial, when they ask to "approach the bench" only one of the attorneys goes forward. In the other trials I have watched all the attorneys would go to the judges' bench, in the case of Andrea Sneiderman to the point of absurdity. Does anyone know why it is different this time?

GUILTY!! on both first degree murder and obstruction of justice. He is still out on million dollar cash bond, sentencing is January 7.

Yes! He deserved a guilty verdict.

I think he was guilty and that he almost committed the perfect murder.
    I am surprised at the verdict because t he prosecution seemed so understated and restrained in their presentation of the case.

I have jury duty on the 18th ........not looking forward to it since last time I was chosen for a murder case

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar
    How has no one noticed that his name is spelled wrong in the thread title? its MacNeill, not McNeil.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

Meh, I think that's bullshit. If Casey Anthony got away with it, there's no reason to convict someone just because he was a terrible husband and selfish shit bag.

neener I did not notice it until I heard one of the daughters on the stand- it has been a quiet thread really. I am glad that he was convicted, I thought he went home but apparently he did not have the million dollar cash for bond so they took him back to the county jail. He still has another charge pending for something against Alexis? Does anyone know is it molestation?

Pittsburgh Steelers Rock Cocopop's Avatar
    Woot Woot !! Guilty MF'er
    And Di, I do believe it is a pending molestation charge by Alexis

Yeah, I gotta agree. The mountain of circumstantial evidence was overwhelming. He was guilty of it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Metis212 View Post
    Yeah, I gotta agree. The mountain of circumstantial evidence was overwhelming. He was guilty of it all.
    I think his coercing his wife into having the face lift and then dictating to her surgeon the multiple meds Valium, Ambien etc was critical evidence ... he wanted her impaired ..... diabolical and oh so arrogant.

Martin MacNeill's Mistress 'Shocked' by Guilty Verdict

The former mistress of Dr. Martin MacNeill, the Utah doctor who was found guilty of drugging and drowning his wife so he could allegedly continue their affair, told ABC News in an exclusive interview that she was "shocked" by the verdict and still believes MacNeill is innocent.

"I was shocked," Gypsy Willis told ABC News' Dan Abrams. "It took me a little while to pull myself together."

MacNeill, 57, was found guilty early Saturday morning of first-degree murder and obstruction of justice for the 2007 death of his wife and former beauty queen, Michele MacNeill, 50.

"I never believed that he was capable of such a thing," Willis said. "The Martin I knew and loved was not the person that he was portrayed on the stand."

Michele MacNeill's cause of death has been the main source of contention between the prosecution and defense. Prosecutors said MacNeill persuaded his wife to have plastic surgery so he could dope her up during her recovery and then drown her in the family's bathtub, clearing the way for his mistress, Willis, to move in to the family's home.

MacNeill's defense lawyers said the mother of eight died of heart problems, which caused her to fall into the bathtub, and that the Utah doctor was not guilty. The coroner's report had initially ruled Michele had died of natural causes. Two of the couple's daughters, Alexis Somers and Rachel MacNeill, begged county officials to open an investigation that local police never conducted, saying their father had murdered their mother.

Alexis MacNeill on Guilty Verdict: 'Such a Relief'

Willis said she was never suspicious of MacNeill, and to this day, doesn't believe he killed his wife.

"I knew him before the death of Michele and I knew him after," she said. "I saw the conflict in the family and I never believed that there was a possibility that he killed Michele."

Willis said she was "absolutely horrified" when she learned prosecutors were alleging that she was MacNeill's motive for killing his wife.

"I never, ever, ever thought that it would -- it would come to such a thing," she said. "Martin had me any time he wanted. I do not believe that was any kind of incentive."

MacNeill and Willis met while chatting online, which eventually turned into an affair. Living two counties away, Willis said she and MacNeill would see each other "a couple times a month."

Willis said she found out that Michele MacNeill was dead after Martin MacNeill sent her a text message. At the time, Willis was a nursing student. She said MacNeill was distraught after his wife's death, and after she offered to help, he asked her to move into the family's home as the nanny about a week or two after his wife's funeral. Willis said she refused at first, but then eventually agreed.

"I thought that it would be better if things had -- everyone had had time to regroup and that sort of thing," she said. "He was rather insistent that he needed help and that I would be a great support to him and his life."

But now in hindsight, Willis said moving in after Michele's death was a "huge mistake."

"I only wanted to come and support the man I cared for in whatever way I could," she said. "And it was it was a bad choice."

Willis admitted that after Michele's death, she talked with Martin MacNeill about ending their relationship because she thought that it might be inappropriate. At one point, she said one MacNeill's daughters confronted them about their relationship.

"I offered to, willingly, move out and allow things to settle, and, he said, 'No,'" Willis said.

Both Alexis and Rachel testified at their father's murder trial in Provo, Utah, saying they believed he killed their mother. Willis said she understood the animosity her former lover's children feel for her.

"I was more selfish back then, and truthfully, I was living my life for me," she said. "I did not have any intention of impacting their lives. I never thought I would be associated with Martin long term. And I'm sorry for it."

Unrelated to the first-degree murder and obstruction of justice charges that the doctor was found guilty of on Saturday, both MacNeill and Willis had been convicted of fraud in 2009 for using MacNeill's adopted daughter's social security number so Willis could open bank accounts under a false name in order to escape bad credit. That daughter had been sent back to Ukraine, but only for a summer.

When MacNeill was released from prison in 2012, prosecutors charged him with first-degree murder and obstruction of justice in the death of his wife.

Willis took the witness stand last week during MacNeill's trial, where she testified that she allowed their relationship to continue while they were both incarcerated, even pretended she and the doctor were a married couple, because she was lonely. But Willis said she ended their relationship during the federal fraud case.

"The relationship ended when I realized that I was being thrown into a federal case and that my association with this person had destroyed my life and career," she said.

When asked if she had any regrets, Willis said, "I regret that people were hurt."

"I loved Martin very much during the time that I was actually in a relationship with him," she continued. "Before that, I cared for him, but I knew it wasn't going anywhere, and so I was just making happy memories. But I am terribly sorry for all of the people that this has impacted."

When asked if she still loves MacNeill, Willis said, "I loved Martin. I care for him on a very, very deep soul level."

"I truly cared for him and I can't say I'm sorry I loved him but I think everyone life would have been better if I had not met him," she said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/martin-macn...ry?id=20857280

(video at link)

Can you smell her book deal? CHA CHING.

The daughter is on Dr. Phil right now

Convicted Wife Killer Martin MacNeill Attempted Jail Suicide

Martin MacNeill, the Utah doctor who was convicted last month in his wife's murder, has been hospitalized after attempting suicide in his cell, according to the Utah County Sheriff's Office.

Guards intervened Thursday evening as MacNeill attempted suicide in his cell at the Utah County Jail, Sgt. Spencer Cannon of the Utah County Sheriff's Office told ABCNews.com.

"He was discovered early enough by guards so his injuries were not life-threatening," Cannon said. He declined to say how MacNeill tried to take his own life.

The doctor was taken by ambulance to the Utah Valley Regional Medical Center where he was hospitalized overnight, according to Cannon. He is expected to be returned to the jail today.

Alexis Somers, one of MacNeill's daughters who testified against her father at his murder trial, told ABC News she was aware of his suicide attempt.

MacNeill faces another trial in February 2014 for allegedly sexually abusing one of his daughters after his wife died.

MacNeill was found guilty last month of first degree murder and obstruction of justice for the April 11, 2007, death of his wife, Michele MacNeill.

Martin MacNeill's Mistress Shocked By Guilty Verdict

Prosecutors said MacNeill persuaded his wife to have plastic surgery so he could dope her up during her recovery and then drown her, clearing the way for his purported mistress, Gypsy Willis, to move in to the family's home.

MacNeill's defense lawyers said heart problems were a contributing factor in the mother of eight's death and that the Utah doctor was not guilty.

MacNeill will be sentenced Jan. 7 at 1 p.m. His bail will remain at $1 million until sentencing.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/convicted-w...ry?id=21123562

That Gypsy woman has her head up her ass. The Martin she knew wasn't capable of that. Yet he was capable of numerous affairs, of over dosing his wife on another occasion, of abandoning his adopted daughter in a foreign country, doctoring her birth record so Gypsy could assume her identity, lying to get into school, dating his marriage to gypsy as the date his wife died. I think if the prosecution would dig deeper they would probably find the grifter Gypsy probably helped plan the murder. It's a shame they caught him before he could complete his suicide and too bad he didn't have a suicide pact with the fraudster/psycho Gypsy.

Which daughter is claiming sexual abuse after the death? I know one had hinted of inappropriate shit with him when she was young, but this is the first I have heard of abuse occurring after he drowned his wife.

DRAPER, Utah —
    Authorities say a doctor in prison for drugging his beauty queen wife and leaving her to die in a bathtub has passed away.

Correctional officers say they found Martin Joseph MacNeill, 60, unresponsive Sunday near the greenhouse of the Olympus Facility at the Utah State Prison. The officers tried to revive MacNeill, but he was declared dead at the facility.

In a statement, prison officials say that while MacNeill's death is being investigated, there are "no obvious signs of foul play."

MacNeill had been in prison since September 2014 after he was convicted of first-degree murder, second-degree obstruction of justice and second-degree forcible sex abuse. His first parole hearing was scheduled for 2052.

The 2013 murder case against MacNeill became a national true-crime cable TV obsession with its tales of plastic surgery and philandering, betrayal and family feuding, jailhouse snitches and a jetted bathtub brought into the courtroom.

MacNeill was also charged with sexually abusing his adult daughter the month after his wife's death. That case came to trial the year after his murder conviction.

http://www.kcra.com/article/utah-doc...b-dies/9253523

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Thread Information