Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Teacher Colleen Ritzer (24) found murdered in woods behind high school by 14 yr old student

The kid is going to live a life being bound up like Hannibal Lector.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

Horrifying details of how student, 15, raped and murdered teacher in school bathroom laid bare in court as his mother looks on
    Philip Chism's alleged attack on jail worker bears chilling similarities to circumstances of the murder of teacher Colleen Ritzer
    Chism was in jail awaiting trail in Ritzer's rape and murder at the time
    Took off his shoes so he could silently follow her into the locker room

A Massachusetts teenager charged with raping and murdering his teacher last year after following her into a bathroom followed a chillingly similar plan when he attacked a female jail counselor last month in the youth detention center where he was being held, authorities say.
    In the second alleged attack, Philip Chism, 15, made sure he wasn't being watched, took off his footwear to muffle his footsteps, then crouched down as he made his way along a corridor before following the 29-year-old woman into the locker room at Metro Youth Services facility in Boston on June 2, prosecutor Mark Zanini told a judge in Boston Juvenile Court on Wednesday.
    Chism, with a pencil in his hand, pushed the woman against the wall in the bathroom, choked her, and then hit her in the head with his fists, he said. He then stabbed her in the back with the pencil.

Chism is accused of following his math teacher Colleen Ritzer, 24, into a bathroom at Danvers High School last October and attacking her after classes let out for the day.
    He beat, strangled and raped her before slashing her throat with a box cutter, police say. He then dragged her body to the woods behind the school, where he positioned her with a tree branch sticking from her genitals and left it for authorities to find, according to court documents.
    In the horrifying June 2 attack, Chism allegedly choked the jail counselor so hard, she could not cry for help.
    'The victim was trying to scream but it was ineffective because her airway was closed by virtue of the defendant's strangling her,' Zanini said

After getting Chism's hand off her neck, she screamed and other facility workers pulled Chism away from her, Zanini said.
    She suffered injuries to her face, jaw, neck and back, and got a hole in the back of her shirt that was the same size as a pencil, which was found on the floor, Zanini said.
    Jail guards reported that he was acting normally just moments before the alleged attack and they had no indication he was planning violence.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz38LnyMb2k
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Oh Neener, I've been gone so long that I forgot how to rep. I'm so pathetic. Kudos to you, agree completely. Rumor has it that this asshole's family moved around quite a bit because he repeatedly got in trouble. RIP Colleen Why didn't they just put him away rather then hope nothing happens in the NEXT town. Madness.
    Quote Originally Posted by neenerneener View Post
    Sometimes, I wish kids like this could get the death penalty. what is the point in letting them live? I'm not trying to make a case for eugenics or anything, but really....what purpose do they serve? What do they have to offer the world? I mean, unless they're an uber-genius who has a shot at curing cancer or something, wtf are they going to do in jail for the next 60 years?
    I Feel More Like I Do Now Than When I Got Here

Another "load, point, fire" case...

Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    Horrifying details of how student, 15, raped and murdered teacher in school bathroom laid bare in court as his mother looks on
    Philip Chism's alleged attack on jail worker bears chilling similarities to circumstances of the murder of teacher Colleen Ritzer
    Chism was in jail awaiting trail in Ritzer's rape and murder at the time
    Took off his shoes so he could silently follow her into the locker room

A Massachusetts teenager charged with raping and murdering his teacher last year after following her into a bathroom followed a chillingly similar plan when he attacked a female jail counselor last month in the youth detention center where he was being held, authorities say.
    In the second alleged attack, Philip Chism, 15, made sure he wasn't being watched, took off his footwear to muffle his footsteps, then crouched down as he made his way along a corridor before following the 29-year-old woman into the locker room at Metro Youth Services facility in Boston on June 2, prosecutor Mark Zanini told a judge in Boston Juvenile Court on Wednesday.
    Chism, with a pencil in his hand, pushed the woman against the wall in the bathroom, choked her, and then hit her in the head with his fists, he said. He then stabbed her in the back with the pencil.

Chism is accused of following his math teacher Colleen Ritzer, 24, into a bathroom at Danvers High School last October and attacking her after classes let out for the day.
    He beat, strangled and raped her before slashing her throat with a box cutter, police say. He then dragged her body to the woods behind the school, where he positioned her with a tree branch sticking from her genitals and left it for authorities to find, according to court documents.
    In the horrifying June 2 attack, Chism allegedly choked the jail counselor so hard, she could not cry for help.
    'The victim was trying to scream but it was ineffective because her airway was closed by virtue of the defendant's strangling her,' Zanini said

After getting Chism's hand off her neck, she screamed and other facility workers pulled Chism away from her, Zanini said.
    She suffered injuries to her face, jaw, neck and back, and got a hole in the back of her shirt that was the same size as a pencil, which was found on the floor, Zanini said.
    Jail guards reported that he was acting normally just moments before the alleged attack and they had no indication he was planning violence.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz38LnyMb2k
    Y'all please excuse me while I go throw up. I have chills all over me, not good ones. He is a sexual predator, sadist and budding serial killer.

Too bad he is in Mass. and not Tennessee, which I wish he was 18, so then he could accommodate the death needle. I hate this POS.

He needs to be moved out of juvie and on the way it would be so sad if he accidentally died a slow horrific death with liquor and a match, one piece at a time
    while he is straddling a big ole pointy oak tree.

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

Senior Member TheFavoriteDaughter's Avatar
    He would have totally been a serial rapist and killer if he hadn't been sloppy with his first murder. Makes me shudder.
    I agree with neener. I'm so wishy washy on the death penalty, but it would be well deserved in this case.

I bet his attorney doesn't like the fact that she's his attorney.

Chism's attorney, Denise Regan, did not challenge the bail or conditions of bail. She asked that her client be excused from his next scheduled court appearance on September 19 because of the stress it causes him.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz38NwdZN1E

Here is his mom on the left. I would love to hear her true story of raising him.

I gotta wonder what went on in that household to fuck that kid up as badly as he is.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

Quote Originally Posted by queenaevadamthng View Post
    I gotta wonder what went on in that household to fuck that kid up as badly as he is.
    I want to know what he did in previous areas where he used to live that caused so many problems that the family had to constantly move. I know he used to kill animals, which is a huge red flag that moving isn't going to fix. I wonder if he did other bad shit, but to people.
    If my son murdered an innocent person, and attacked another I don't know that I could attend court. I don't think I could face the mother of the woman he killed.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...rs-murder.html

Lawyers for a Massachusetts teenager charged with killing his teacher say police coerced him into waiving his rights and making detailed statements about the murder.

Philip Chism, 15, has been charged as an adult with murder and aggravated rape in the October 2013 slaying of Colleen Ritzer, his 24-year-old math teacher at Danvers High School IN Danvers, Massachusetts.

Chism's public defender, Denise Regan, is expected to argue in Essex County Superior Court on Friday that police never properly read Chism his Miranda rights and continued to question Chism even after he had invoked his right to remain silent and his mother had asked for a lawyer.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3OLgafb1U

Quote Originally Posted by Jinkasaurus View Post
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...rs-murder.html

Lawyers for a Massachusetts teenager charged with killing his teacher say police coerced him into waiving his rights and making detailed statements about the murder.

Philip Chism, 15, has been charged as an adult with murder and aggravated rape in the October 2013 slaying of Colleen Ritzer, his 24-year-old math teacher at Danvers High School IN Danvers, Massachusetts.

Chism's public defender, Denise Regan, is expected to argue in Essex County Superior Court on Friday that police never properly read Chism his Miranda rights and continued to question Chism even after he had invoked his right to remain silent and his mother had asked for a lawyer.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3OLgafb1U
    Ugh isn't it a little late for that now?

So they are trying to get his confession thrown out, that's not going to help him much. There is still a bunch of physical evidence connecting him to the crime. I don't know how these defense lawyers sleep at night.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Ugh isn't it a little late for that now?

So they are trying to get his confession thrown out, that's not going to help him much. There is still a bunch of physical evidence connecting him to the crime. I don't know how these defense lawyers sleep at night.
    On a pile of money!

Seriously, though, I have no idea. Yuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar
    Don't blame the lawyers, yo. They're public defenders. It's their job, they don't have much of a choice when it comes to who their clients are. It's part of the system; everyone has the right to have proper legal representation, regardless of the circumstances.

Philip Chism Coerced Into Confessing To Murdering Teacher: Lawyer

SALEM, Mass. (AP) — A teen charged with raping and killing his high school math teacher had a bloody box cutter and women's underwear in his backpack when he was detained, according to two police officers who testified at a hearing Friday.

But Philip Chism's mother, in her initial police interview, expressed disbelief when investigators suspected he may have hurt someone.

Diana Chism said her son, who recently moved to Massachusetts from Tennessee, did not have a record of violence, but she acknowledged that he was "capable of snapping" under the recent stress of his parents' separation and that his family had a history of mental health issues.

Anybody is capable of snapping under stressful situations," Diana Chism said in an audio recording played in court. "Please don't tell me someone is dead. . I'm going to pass out."

The mother's police interview and the officers' testimony were part of a pretrial hearing in Essex Superior Court in which Chism's lawyers sought to have the teen's police confession suppressed. The hearing continues Jan. 16.

Chism, now 15, is being tried as an adult. He has pleaded not guilty to the October 2013 murder and aggravated rape of Colleen Ritzer, a popular 24-year-old teacher at Danvers High School.

Chism's lawyers say police coerced him into waiving his rights and making detailed statements about the murder the night he was detained. But prosecutors maintain that Chism and his mother never absolutely invoked the need for a lawyer.

They say Chism's mother considered it but ultimately left her son to decide if he wanted to speak with law enforcement. The officers testifying Friday said Chism did.

"Do I need an attorney?" Diana Chism asks in audio played in court. "I don't have anything to hide. This is just really odd to me."

As the questioning wraps up, she says: "I just want to say my son, as a juvenile, does have a right to legal representation."

Earlier Friday, Topsfield Police Officers Neal Hovey and Joseph DeBernardo testified that they found Philip Chism on a poorly lit stretch of a roadway carrying Ritzer's ID and credit cards.

They were responding to a report of a black male walking after dark on the side of the road.

The officers said they drove Chism back to the police station after learning he had been reported missing in nearby Danvers that night.

At the station, the officers said they found the bloody box cutter and women's underwear in Chism's backpack.

When Hovey asked him whose blood was on the box cutter, the officers said Chism replied: "The girl."

The officers said they then read Chism his rights. They testified Chism understood his rights and continued to answer questions.

DeBernardo said he asked Chism where the girl was. He responded: "Buried in the woods."

The officer then said he asked: "If we find her, can we help her?" Chism said no.

DeBernardo said he seized Chism's sneakers, sweatshirt and a ski mask, all of which appeared to have blood on them.

Authorities say surveillance video from Oct. 22, 2013, shows Chism following Ritzer into a school bathroom, wearing gloves and a hood, then later walking out of the bathroom alone.

A short time later, the video shows Chism pulling a recycling barrel through the school and outside.

Ritzer's body was later found in nearby woods, naked from the waist down and with her throat slit and a note that read, "I hate you all."

A recycling barrel was found near Ritzer's body. Authorities said she was sexually assaulted with a stick.

Prosecutors alleged that after the murder, Chism used Ritzer's credit card to buy fast food and attend a movie at the mall.
    Chism has also pleaded not guilty to attempted murder and other charges stemming from an assault on a Department of Youth Services worker while in custody for Ritzer's murder.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...79288259790781

Wow ! What a little sick fuck, I've read this whole thread and I wanna bleach my brain !!!
    Glad they caught him this wasn't going to be his last no way.

while i am glad this kid was picked up, i side eye this comment:

They were responding to a report of a black male walking after dark on the side of the road.
    i mean, what the fuck guys. that's kind of a shitty thing to report.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Wow... what the hell was that black guy thinking? Walking after dark... the nerve!! /s

But really, I think "responding to an unrelated call" would have sufficed.

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar

I thought that the report came in as a tip; they were looking for a young black dude because Chism was reported missing since he never came home from school...?
    Last edited by neenerneener; 01-12-2015 at 03:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

Jury selection to begin . . .

It's about time.

Jury selection to begin for Chism trial

Posted Oct. 1, 2015 at 8:27 AM
    Updated Oct 1, 2015 at 10:17 AM

DANVERS

Nearly two years ago in October, former Danvers High School student Philip Chism, now 16, was arrested and accused of the sexual assault and murder of his math teacher Colleen Ritzer.

In the months since, there have been many pre-trial hearings held to sort out various motions filed by Chism?s defense team ? consisting of John Osler, Denise Regan and Susan Oker. The following is a summarized explanation of some of the major developments since Chism?s arrest on Oct 23, 2013.

Chism?s trial is slated to begin on Oct. 7, when Superior Court judge David Lowy will begin the jury selection process at Salem Superior Courthouse. Opening statements for the trial are tentatively scheduled for Oct. 20.

Facts known

On Oct. 22, 2013, after school had ended for the day, Colleen Ritzer was attacked in an upstairs bathroom at Danvers High School. A suspect wearing a mask and matching Chism?s physical characteristics was caught on security cameras following Ritzer into the bathroom. Ritzer never re-emerged on camera.

Instead, a masked suspect was then seen wheeling a large garbage bin into the bathroom and then out again. The suspect could be seen wheeling the bin out of the school and towards the area where Ritzer was eventually found by law enforcement.

Missing persons reports were filed on both Ritzer and Chism later that day when they did not return from the school.

In the early morning hours of Oct 23, 2013, a youth eventually identified as Philip Chism was found walking on Route 1 in Topsfield. After being stopped by police, he was taken back to the Topsfield Police Department.

Topsfield Police found a bloodied box cutter, a photo ID and credit cards belonging to Colleen Ritzer in Chism?s backpack. When asked whose blood was on the box cutter Chism replied, ?The girl?s.?

Chism was arrested and brought to the Danvers police station, where State Trooper Steven Buccheri and Danvers Sgt. Philip Tansey interviewed him. According to their testimonies, Chism openly admitted to the crime and even helped assist them in finding where Ritzer?s body was left.

Ritzer was found, deceased, in the woods behind Danvers High with multiple lacerations to her throat. There was also evidence that she was sexually assaulted.

Chism has since been awaiting trial for the murder, robbery and sexual assault of Ritzer.

Suppressing evidence

By January 2015, Chism?s defense had already unsurprisingly proved unsuccessful in their attempt to get the case dismissed entirely. In the months since the crime occurred, the case had garnered worldwide media attention.

The next move for the defense was to attempt to suppress various pieces of evidence from the impending trial that they claimed were either obtained illicitly or, if revealed in open court before the trial, would harm Chism?s right to a fair trial.

At the center of the controversial evidence was a videotaped interview of Chism filmed at Danvers police headquarters shortly after his arrest in October 2013.

Chism?s defense attorneys argued that the video ? which allegedly contains a lengthy, full confession of the crime in Chism?s own words ? was inadmissible as evidence and should be impounded (not released to the media) because Chism was not properly read his Miranda rights and was not made aware of his right against self-incrimination.

Despite Lowy?s initial ruling to release the videotape, an appeal to the Supreme Judicial Court by Chism?s defense proved successful in preventing the video from being released to the press.

However, the defense was unsuccessful in its attempts to suppress physical evidence ? including the bloody box cutter, ID and credit cards belonging to Ritzer ? that was found in Chism?s backpack at the Topsfield police headquarters.

During one of the suppression of evidence hearings on Jan. 29, gruesome details of the murder and subsequent investigation were revealed in open court through testimony of various law enforcement agents.

A Massachusetts State Trooper referenced the autopsy report that showed Ritzer was stabbed 16 times, sexually assaulted with a stick and that Chism?s DNA was found inside Ritzer.

Subsequently, Lowy came under criticism from SJC justice Fernande Duffly for holding these suppression hearings in open court while the decision on whether or not to release the videotaped evidence was still up in the air.

The videotape and corresponding transcribed audio is officially sealed and will not be used as evidence in the trial. It is highly unlikely the video or transcript will be released to the public at any point before the conclusion of the trial.

Change of venue

On July 2, 2015, Lowy denied a motion filed by Chism?s defense attorneys to change the venue of his trial from Essex County to elsewhere in Massachusetts.

The defense claimed that constant coverage and proliferation of the pre-trial hearings in local media had created an environment of irreversible ?presumptive prejudice? that rendered it impossible for Chism to receive a fair trial in Essex County ? the same county where the murder was committed.

By denying the motion, Lowy upheld the precedence that no trial had ever been moved due to presumptive prejudice in Massachusetts. Lowy maintained that, with a careful enough jury selection process, an impartial jury could be assembled in Essex County.

Since the motion was denied, Chism?s defense subsequently filed motions to hire a pollster to assess potential bias of residents in Essex County. This motion, too, was denied by Lowy. A subsequent appeal of this denial by the defense to the Supreme Judicial Court remains undecided.

Currently, Lowy is working through a list of some 90 hypothetical questions to ask potential jurors compiled mostly by Chism?s lawyers. The jury selection process should begin on Oct 7 and is expected to take two or three weeks given the notoriety of the case.

Mental health evaluations

Last July, Chism?s defense made public their intention to hire Dr. Richard Dudley, a New York psychiatrist, to assess the mental condition of Chism in his impending trial. The prosecution then named Robert Kinscherff as their psychiatric expert.

The announcements foreshadow that Chism?s attorneys will attempt to utilize a defense of ?an innocent by way of insanity? during the trial.

Currently there is a dispute between the prosecution and defense over access granted to the psychiatric experts. The prosecution wants their expert to be given access to examine Chism and wants access to any pre-trial evaluations made by the defense?s expert.

Additionally, the prosecution wants their expert to be able to talk to Department of Youth Services councilors that possibly interviewed Chism during his incarceration shortly after the murder. The defense rebutted that if the prosecution gets access to these councilors, then the defense should get access as well.

These disputes presently remain unresolved.
    My avatar? My daughter drew a picture of me.

Is this trial going to be videotaped live?

If anyone knows any good local sources that will cover it- please post. TIA!!

I hope it's videoed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

The 9th grader charged with raping and murdering his teacher has told police he turned on 24-year-old Colleen Ritzer when she 'insulted' him.
    According to court documents describing a taped police interview, Philip Chism told officers: 'After she insulted me, that's when I became the teacher.'
    Chism, now 16, said Ritzer provoked the attack at Danvers High School, Massachusetts, with a 'trigger' word, which he would not disclose.
    He was 14 on October 22, 2013, when he allegedly raped Ritzer in a school bathroom after algebra class then slit her throat with a box cutter.
    Prosecutors say he dragged her body into the woods in a recycling barrel - and placed a branch 'sexually' in her body.
    Two years later, Chism is about to go on trial as an adult for rape, robbery and murder charges. Jury selection begins on Wednesday in Essex Superior Court in Salem, Massachusetts.

Chism's lawyers plan to use a mental health defense, although they have not revealed specifics.
    His mother told police her son had been under stress following her divorce from his father and their move from Clarkson, Tennessee, to Danvers, a town of 26,000, 25 miles north of Boston.
    A student who was in class with Chism on October 22 two years ago said he was drawing in a notebook instead of taking notes.
    'She (Ritzer) came over and said, "I didn't know you draw," and he said, "yes," then later on, she said, "Can you stay after with me?"' Rania Rhaddaoui said two days after Ritzer's body was found.
    Another student who was in the classroom after school that day said she heard Ritzer and Chism talking.

The student, whose name was blocked out in court documents, told police that when Ritzer mentioned Tennessee, Chism appeared 'visibly upset.'
    When Ritzer noticed his reaction, she changed the subject, but the unidentified student said Chism began talking to himself.
    Chism's lawyers have retained Dr. Richard Dudley Jr. - a well-known forensic psychiatrist - to testify as an expert.
    Dudley has testified for a collection of high-profile defendants, including Joshua Komisarjevsky, one of two men convicted in the 2007 murders of a Connecticut woman and her two daughters; Brian Nichols, the Georgia man who killed a judge and three other people after escaping during his 2005 rape trial; and Colin Ferguson, the Long Island railroad shooter who killed six people and wounded 19 others in 1993.

Insanity defenses rarely succeed in Massachusetts, but some legal observers say Chism's youth might make some jurors more willing to consider a mental health defense.
    'I would really think that youth is going to be a huge factor,' said Daniel Medwed, a law professor at Northeastern University. 'Part of the argument would be that Chism couldn't control whatever disease or defect he had.
    'I assume the defense will tie it into research on adolescent brain development, in particular. Adolescents have a difficult time calculating the future and having a sense of the ramifications on their future lives.'
    Prosecutors are expected to show the jury school surveillance video in which they say Chism is seen following Ritzer into a school bathroom, wearing gloves and a hood, then walking out of the bathroom alone 12 minutes later.

The video also shows Chism pulling a recycling barrel through the school and outside, according to search warrant documents filed in court. The barrel was found near Ritzer's body.
    Authorities said she was sexually assaulted twice, once with a stick.
    Chism was found hours later, walking along Route 1 in neighboring Topsfield. Police found a box cutter with blood on it inside Chism's backpack. During a pretrial hearing, an officer testified that when Chism was asked whose blood it was, he replied: 'It's the girl's.'
    Chism also had Ritzer's ID, credit cards and a pair of women's underwear in his backpack.
    Prosecutors are expected to present that evidence to the jury, but they won't be allowed to tell the jury about a confession he allegedly gave to Danvers police.
    Judge David Lowy ruled that Chism did not fully understand his constitutional rights before he spoke to them.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3nd5V3hKA

Man, I do not give a flying fuck what is 'wrong' with this kid. He's extremely dangerous. Throw it away.

Yeah I'm not buying that defense. He just sounds like a psychopath.

"he murdered a little younger than most serial killers get caught murdering" seems to be the defense?

Thread Information