Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Facebook Lifts Ban On Posting Beheading Videos

This has nothing to do with breastfeeding. It's hugely insulting to all women and in addition, it's a deeply disturbing statement about how women's bodies are viewed in this country.

I fail to see humor in that.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kevansvault View Post
    Then again, Ron, we're men, and our opinion doesn't count for shit anyway.

But for women to have a problem with it? That makes me want to smack some bitches.
    That's the girl for me. It's a diner, not a peep show. Have some decency.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    This has nothing to do with breastfeeding. It's hugely insulting to all women and in addition, it's a deeply disturbing statement about how women's bodies are viewed in this country.

I fail to see humor in that.
    Those moms bellyaching makes me belly laugh.

I don't see the big deal about it. :shrugs:
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

You don't think it's fucked up that women's breasts are too disgusting and disturbing for Facebook, but a video or picture of someone being decapitated alive isn't?

You don't think it's fucked up that women's breasts are too disgusting and disturbing for Facebook, but a video or picture of someone being decapitated alive isn't?
    I think it's ridiculous. But I believe neither are appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    I think it's ridiculous. But I believe neither are appropriate.
    but wouldnt you agree one if far more inappropriate than the other?

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyGirl View Post
    but wouldnt you agree one if far more inappropriate than the other?
    Absolutely. I don't understand their logic at all.

Oh. I wasnt expecting that answer I dont understand it either. carry on.

Oh. I wasnt expecting that answer I dont understand it either. carry on.
    What the fuck?

You thought I was THAT offended by titties, or that big a fan of beheadings?

either / or

either / or
    Too early to be this drunk, young lady.

Facebook had a change of heart

Facebook flip-flop: Social media giant bows to pressure as it removes graphic video showing woman being beheaded in Mexico

Facebook has removed a video of a woman being beheaded following the huge public outcry that was sparked by their lifting of a ban on gory imagery on Monday.

The abrupt abrupt flip-flop came a day after a public outcry over news reports that Facebook, the world's No. 1 social network with 1.15 billion members, had lifted a temporary ban on images of graphic violence.

Facebook said on Monday that gory videos, such as a video of a masked man beheading a woman in Mexico, are permitted on its site so long as the content is posted in a manner intended for its users to 'condemn' the acts rather than celebrate them.

But Facebook said on Tuesday that it had decided to 'strengthen' its enforcement of the policy.

'When we review content that is reported to us, we will take a more holistic look at the context surrounding a violent image or video,' Facebook said in a statement.

'Second, we will consider whether the person posting the content is sharing it responsibly, such as accompanying the video or image with a warning and sharing it with an age-appropriate audience,' Facebook said.

The flip-flop underscores a challenge for Facebook as it seeks to position itself as the go-to online destination where people share up-to-the-minute images and discuss breaking news events.

Well, good. That seemed completely bassackwards to begin with. I get that Facebook wants to be a "destination where people discuss breaking news", but no other "news outlet" shows beheadings, do they?

And Ron, if a woman was nursing in a restaurant using one of the these nursing covers, would that still offend you?

Not too shabby. Who's that broad? What was the question?

Facebook had a change of heart

Facebook flip-flop: Social media giant bows to pressure as it removes graphic video showing woman being beheaded in Mexico

Facebook has removed a video of a woman being beheaded following the huge public outcry that was sparked by their lifting of a ban on gory imagery on Monday.

The abrupt abrupt flip-flop came a day after a public outcry over news reports that Facebook, the world's No. 1 social network with 1.15 billion members, had lifted a temporary ban on images of graphic violence.

Facebook said on Monday that gory videos, such as a video of a masked man beheading a woman in Mexico, are permitted on its site so long as the content is posted in a manner intended for its users to 'condemn' the acts rather than celebrate them.

But Facebook said on Tuesday that it had decided to 'strengthen' its enforcement of the policy.

'When we review content that is reported to us, we will take a more holistic look at the context surrounding a violent image or video,' Facebook said in a statement.

'Second, we will consider whether the person posting the content is sharing it responsibly, such as accompanying the video or image with a warning and sharing it with an age-appropriate audience,' Facebook said.

The flip-flop underscores a challenge for Facebook as it seeks to position itself as the go-to online destination where people share up-to-the-minute images and discuss breaking news events.
    This still upsets me, the notion that anyone thought a woman being beheaded was less revolting or corrupting than a woman nude.

This still upsets me, the notion that anyone thought a woman being beheaded was less revolting or corrupting than a woman nude.
    It's so ridiculous I think they were trolling.

That makes me wonder what straight women are even complaining about.

From seeing man nipples to people trying to cheer you up, you bitches are NEVER fucking happy.

Because the insinuation is that women's bodies are shameful, disgusting, and toxic. Because it reflects a general disgust about women, as well as fear.

Because the insinuation is that women's bodies are shameful, disgusting, and toxic. Because it reflects a general disgust about women, as well as fear.
    This is the part I'm just not seeing. I don't see inappropriate being the same as disgusting. NSFW is a term for a reason.

You don't see how it says something incredibly disturbing to think a DECAPITATED BODY, A PERSON BEING MURDERED BRUTALLY, is less ugly and inappropriate than a woman's body?

You don't see how it says something incredibly disturbing to think a DECAPITATED BODY, A PERSON BEING MURDERED BRUTALLY, is less ugly and inappropriate than a woman's body?
    I thought you were mad about the tit ban. No, that's so ridiculous I'm not even taking it seriously. Either it was a mistake, or they're trolling. And I'm being completely serious when I say that.

Before you smirk, the ban is for all women's breasts, not just a woman breastfeeding.

The fact that boobs are considered more disgusting and disturbing than a beheading isn't just a 'hippy mom'issue. It's a repugnant notion.
    That's exactly right. Why is something natural like the human body considered more offensive to look at than a beheading? I don't get that.

I agree that women should be allowed to breast feed where and when they need to. Again, it's a natural part of life and is in no way offensive or gross. Look away of you don't want to see it. Then again, maybe you can call me a hypocrite because I'm all for restrooms and doors on stalls.
    "A vagabond dreamer, a rhymer and singer of songs
    Singing to no one and nowhere to really belong." - Waylon Jennings

Taking a shit is very different from feeding a baby.

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    I chose the breast feeding example because there was a huge uproar about a bfing (not butt fucking, Ron ) picture awhile back where the woman was using a cover like in the picture and I also find it different than say, stodden's huge rack showing up on my wall.

Plus I breast fed my daughter for 26 months and if she was hungry and we were out I donned my hip mod cloth cover and fed her.

ETA: only in public for like 18 months....I TRIED to pry her off!! Preggos....don't do this...take your body back before I did!
    Last edited by SuchAClassicGirl; 10-23-2013 at 04:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

Quote Originally Posted by SuchAClassicGirl View Post
    I chose the breast feeding example because there was a huge uproar about a bfing (not butt fucking, Ron ) picture awhile back where the woman was using a cover like in the picture and I also find it different than say, stodden's huge rack showing up on my wall.

Plus I breast fed my daughter for 26 months and if she was hungry and we were out I donned my hip mod cloth cover and fed her.
    See, that is cool. There's a HUGE difference between "Oh, if it makes you uncomfortable then I will try and work with you. I'll use a cover, that way everyone wins" and "Fuck you! My baby! My hot body! My baby is all that matters! Fuck everyone else on the planet!"

Yea, fuck those inconsiderate assholes. If that's their attitude then I want management to remove them. And it's not going to get any better as their kid ages. Once you're inconsiderate, you don't grow out of it. They'll still be an asshole once the kid is 5 and trying to put their hand in my soup.

Thread Information