Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Tiona Rodriguez (17) was carrying stillborn baby in shopping bag when caught shoplifting

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Why do so many people pretend to want to have sex with you?
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    Why do so many people pretend to want to have sex with you?
    No idea. Mean Girl Syndrome?
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Damn, hit me smack in the forehead.
    Last edited by u2addict; 10-22-2013 at 05:23 PM.

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

Let's keep death threads death-related, please & thanks!
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

Top Prosecutor Assigned To Victoria's Secret Dead Baby Case

November 19, 2013--The case of Tiona Rodriguez, the 17-year-old who was allegedly caught shoplifting at the Herald Square Victoria's Secret last month while toting a dead fetus in her purse, is being probed by the one of the DA's top prosecutors, Assistant District Attorney Joel Seidemann, the Daily News reports.

Seidemann's past victories include locking up Astor son Anthony Marshall, as well as securing a murder conviction against Nicholas Brooks, who was found guilty of killing his designer girlfriend at SoHo House in 2010.

Rodriguez, for her part, was assigned homicide attorney Earl Ward, who represented the pitcher Roger Clemens' trainer during a federal steroid probe.

A preliminary autopsy reports that the baby was born almost full-term and died of asphyxiation, and fluid in its lungs indicate that it may have drowned.

Detectives are building a "huge case" against the Victoria Secret shoplifter as they anxiously await the autopsy results on the teen's baby, law enforcement sources said Thursday. "Detectives have been interviewing neighbors and friends and they subpoenaed her social media accounts."

One concern is that Rodriguez will claim she didn't intend to kill the baby. "That's why they are building such a strong case, to show what was her capable state of mind."

The baby's corpse "looked very clean--it looked as if it had been washed or drowned," one source said.

http://gothamist.com/2013/11/19/vict..._dead_baby.php

http://nypost.com/2013/11/21/cops-bu...ith-dead-baby/
    Last edited by *crickets*; 11-22-2013 at 06:33 PM.

I work in L&D and can say that very few patients and families I come into contact with have even the slightest fucking clue about anything. They can't pronounce anything. The word epidural is by far the most mispronounced.

Many babies are born "clean" looking, especially if they are full term. They're not as foul and disgusting and most people would like to think.

how did i miss this thread? MDS Y U SO HARD?

i've never seen a woman give birth, but i cleaned up a hospital room right after a delivery and i was amazed how clean the process appeared to me.

sad that the baby was born alive. i hate these stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Elliss View Post
    I work in L&D and can say that very few patients and families I come into contact with have even the slightest fucking clue about anything. They can't pronounce anything. The word epidural is by far the most mispronounced.

Many babies are born "clean" looking, especially if they are full term. They're not as foul and disgusting and most people would like to think.
    Really? I thought they were all covered in blood and goo...

And Emmie, how did you miss this??

i missed this because when i look at 'new posts' i don't see a lot of stuff.

i saw photos that a woman took of her self and her new born after a home birth. the placenta was still attached. maybe i can find the link....

Quote Originally Posted by emmieslost View Post
    i missed this because when i look at 'new posts' i don't see a lot of stuff.

i saw photos that a woman took of her self and her new born after a home birth. the placenta was still attached. maybe i can find the link....
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! please....just no.....

Final autopsy report is in.
    Next up: Capital Murder charge-

The death of baby boy found in his teen mother's shopping bag during a shoplifting arrest at a Victoria's Secret last year was ruled a homicide, officials said Tuesday.

The unidentified infant son of Tiona Rodriguez died as a result of homicidal asphyxia, a spokeswoman from the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner said Tuesday.

The child was alive for less than one day, the spokeswoman said.

Rodriguez told the Daily News that she hadn't heard about the homicide ruling. "I had no idea," she said at her Brooklyn home.

"I have no idea what happened. I'm not allowed to speak," she said when asked what happened to her son.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1757565
    Last edited by *crickets*; 04-15-2014 at 08:15 PM.

She's at home and not in jail? That's bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    She's at home and not in jail? That's bullshit.
    It was only a shoplifting charge.

17 with 2 kids and shopping for lingerie. What a fucking fail.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks

I agree!

Victoria's Secret isn't necessarily "lingerie". I have my fair share of granny panties from them.

Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post
    Victoria's Secret isn't necessarily "lingerie". I have my fair share of granny panties from them.
    She was shoplifting though. She wasn't there for a support bra.

touche.

I meant for carrying around a dead baby (unless I'm remembering this story wrong, I haven't gone back and read it again). Granted, I guess they couldn't charge her with murder until the autopsy results came in, which they now have. What are they waiting for?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I meant for carrying around a dead baby (unless I'm remembering this story wrong, I haven't gone back and read it again). Granted, I guess they couldn't charge her with murder until the autopsy results came in, which they now have. What are they waiting for?
    Illegal disposal of a corpse is a LOT different than homicide. They're not holding you indefinitely for that or for stealing overpriced underwear. I'm fine with this.

Yeah. Why take the remains shopping? Much more sensible the dump them somewhere far from home, or even, stash them in the garage...
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Time to haul her nassty ass back in on the new charges. I hope she is not knocked-up again.

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/31/ny...cted.html?_r=0

Murder Charge for Brooklyn Woman Whose Infant Was Found Dead in a Bag

(July 30, 2015) She was adept at hiding her pregnancies. At 14, she went into labor with her first baby before her mother even knew she had conceived a child. A year later, prosecutors say, she secretly gave birth to a second baby, this time in the bathtub of her apartment. That baby has disappeared.

The Brooklyn teenager kept yet another pregnancy secret from her family, giving birth in October 2013 in the bathroom of a friend's apartment in Queens. The birth came to light only because the next day, she and her friend were arrested on shoplifting charges at the Victoria's Secret store in Manhattan's Herald Square. A security guard, smelling a faint rotten odor, found a dead 8-pound boy in her tote bag, along with a stolen pair of pants.

The grisly discovery prompted a long investigation, and on Thursday, nearly two years later, the young woman, Tiona Rodriguez, 18, of Crown Heights, Brooklyn, was charged with murder, having turned herself in to the authorities Thursday morning. Appearing in State Supreme Court in Manhattan and addressing the judge in a faint voice, she pleaded not guilty. Justice Thomas Farber ordered her held without bail.

"She planned and carried out the murder of her newborn infant and then callously shoved him in a bag," Rachel Ferrari, an assistant district attorney, said during the bail hearing. She added that Ms. Rodriguez had sent a message to a friend saying she intended to "dig a hole, put it somewhere, lol, then we go eat IHOP."

The medical examiner determined the boy lived for several minutes before he died of asphyxiation, Ms. Ferrari said. "He didn't die of natural causes," she said. "He was murdered in that bathroom."

Ms. Rodriguez's lawyer, Earl S. Ward, said the baby was stillborn. He described Ms. Rodriguez as "a young and confused lady" who panicked after she discovered her baby had died. "It's a sad and tragic case," he said. "But it's not a murder case."

Arguing against bail, Ms. Ferrari painted a more sinister portrait of Ms. Rodriguez, saying she not only plotted the killing weeks in advance, but also stopped off at Victoria's Secret on the way to dispose of the body. "She was not a panicked teenager who didn't know what she was doing," the prosecutor said.

It remained unclear what had become of Ms. Rodriguez's second child, who was born in her family's apartment in 2012, Ms. Ferrari said. "She may have killed the baby," she said. "The baby may have been stillborn, but we know that she texted her boyfriend throughout the birth, ultimately telling him, 'It's dead.'"

Ms. Rodriguez and her boyfriend then discussed by text message how they might get rid of the tiny corpse, mentioning the possibility of smashing it, burning it or burying it, Ms. Ferrari said. No charges have been brought in connection with the missing baby.

Ms. Rodriguez's first child, now a 4-year-old boy, is being raised by her mother, Marissa Rodriguez, in the family's apartment in the Marcy Houses in Brooklyn. The child's father grew up in the building as well and shares custody of the boy. Under a court order, Ms. Rodriguez had been living with a cousin and had supervised visits with her son, one day a week, Mr. Ward said.

Jamilla Daise, 38, who lives a floor below the Rodriguez family in the Marcy Houses, said that as a child the accused young woman had always seemed to be smart and studious. "She was good, real good, the nerdy type, the type going to school," Ms. Daise said. None of the neighbors knew that she was pregnant the first time until she went into labor, Ms. Daise said.

In recent months, Ms. Daise said, Ms. Rodriguez had been trying to find seasonal work at UPS. She saw her son regularly and seemed to take good care of him, she said.

Asked about the murder charge, Ms. Daise said: "I think she didn't know what to do. I think she wanted to get caught. To me, that's her asking for help because she didn't know what to do."

Mr. Ward said Ms. Rodriguez had dropped out of her high school, the Williamsburg Charter Academy, because of the stigma after her arrest. She has been studying for a high school diploma at home, he said.

Her former classmates described her as a fun-loving girl, who liked a good joke and had a talent for drawing and painting. Several said they had no idea she was pregnant in the months leading up to October 2013.

She had no criminal record when she was arrested on shoplifting charges at Victoria's Secret, along with her friend Francis Estevez, of Queens, defense lawyers said. Security cameras showed the two walking in the store, the bag with the dead baby inside knocking into floor displays, prosecutors said.

Ms. Rodriguez was released on her own recognizance. In April 2014, the city medical examiner's office ruled that the baby's death was a homicide and that the cause was asphyxiation. Still, no murder charges were filed. In December, a judge dismissed the shoplifting charges because prosecutors waited too long to go to trial.

It was not until this week that the Manhattan district attorney, Cyrus R. Vance Jr., presented evidence to a grand jury and sought a murder charge, Mr. Ward said. Ms. Rodriguez chose not to testify, but she surrendered on Thursday morning after being informed of the indictment.

Mr. Ward said Ms. Rodriguez still had an attachment to her stillborn child and was frantically trying to figure out what to do when she was arrested at the lingerie shop. She had planned to visit a doctor in Manhattan, he said, but stopped at the store at her friend's suggestion.

Ms. Ferrari, however, said there was evidence Ms. Rodriguez had laid plans to dispose of the body and was so coldblooded that she interrupted that mission to acquire new clothes. "It is this callousness that drove Tiona Rodriguez," she said.

Well, there's never a wrong time for IHOP, so that's the only thing I won't hold against her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by TupeloHoney View Post
    http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/31/ny...cted.html?_r=0

Well, there's never a wrong time for IHOP, so that's the only thing I won't hold against her.

I'm sure she was comforted by all the Christian music.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I'm sure she was comforted by all the Christian music.

I've never heard Christian music at IHOP, lol. Ya'll must do things different out there in the high desert than we do in the Bible Belt :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

Wow. Wonder how many people I sat near at IHOP that murdered their baby and buried it. I like to people watch when I'm out but this brings it to a whole new level.

Thread Information