Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: 14yo Georgia girl missing after home invasion where robbers killed her dog

I smelled a rat from the start. It really started to stink last night with the $10,000 "ransom demand"... yeah, riiiiiiiight...

Jackson faces a federal charge of conspiracy to commit kidnapping.
    According to prison and jail records, he served roughly a year of a five-year cocaine possession sentence from 2006 to 2007, has had more than a dozen arrests in Fulton County dating back to 2006 on charges ranging from cocaine possession and child cruelty to assault and attempted burglary.
    Authorities would not say where the men were being held.

Maria Corral was arrested in 2012 with Contreras-Ramirez in a major marijuana trafficking bust in McDonough in which 500 pounds of the drug were seized. A federal official confirmed Wednesday that Contreras-Ramirez was arrested under the name Juan Alberto Contreras-Rodriguez in the kidnapping case.
    “It is the same guy,” said Vincent Perez, spokesman for ICE.
    Corral was never indicted in the drug trafficking case and the charge against her was dismissed shortly after she was scooped up with four men, including Contreras-Ramirez, in Henry County by the Flint Circuit drug task force. The charges against Contreras-Ramirez were dismissed last January after the search of the Henry County home was ruled unconstitutional by Superior Court Judge Arch McGarity because the agents lacked a warrant.
    Corral, who changed her name back from Perez after her divorce in 2007, was with Contreras-Ramirez outside the home when the police made the arrest, said Michael Katz, the lawyer who represented Contreras-Ramirez. He said it was unclear if the couple was romantically involved.
    “They were just talking in the driveway,” he said. “I think she just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.”

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/14-year...m-found/nZz45/

Or the right place at the right time..

Just bumping to update & fill in the blanks -

Ayvani Perez Update: Man arrested in Ga. kidnapping is live-in boyfriend of victim's mother, authorities say September 27, 2013 by CBNews.com

Ayvani Perez / CBS Atlanta (CBS) ATLANTA - Authorities say Juan Alberto Contreras-Rodriguez, a man arrested in connection with the kidnapping of Georgia teen Ayvani Perez, is the live-in boyfriend of Ayvani's mother and is believed to have been the target of the home invasion, reports the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. CBS News' Crimesider previously reported there is a connection between Ayvani's mother, Maria Magdalena Corral, and Contreras-Rodriguez. They were arrested together on drug trafficking charges in February 2012, but those charges were later dropped. Authorities say armed men broke into a home in Ellendale where Ayvani lived with her mother, younger brother and her mother's boyfriend around 2:30 a.m. on Sept. 17, demanding cash and jewelry. When the demands weren't met, the two men shot the family's dog and took 14-year-old Ayvani at gunpoint. Authorities say her mother and brother were home at the time, but Contreras-Rodriguez was not, reports the paper. About 36 hours after the abduction and several phone calls demanding a ransom of drugs and money, Ayvani was dropped off unharmed at her aunt's home in Conyers. As many as six people, including possibly two women, were involved in the kidnapping, authorities reportedly said Thursday during a probable cause hearing for Wildrego Jackson, one of two suspects who have been arrested in the case thus far. Authorities say Ayvani remained blindfolded through the whole ordeal and say she was kept at two different locations, reports the paper.

"She was blindfolded during the drive from her house until she got to an apartment, or to a subsequent house," FBI Special Agent Joseph Fonseca testified during Thursday's hearing. "At some point, she was able to see, but it wasn't enough that she was able to ID anyone." On Sept. 18, officials announced they arrested Jackson, 29, of Atlanta, and Contreras-Rodriguez, who is described as a 40-year-old Mexican national, in connection with the case. Jackson faces a federal charge of conspiracy to commit kidnapping for ransom and another charge of felon in possession of a firearm. He was ordered held without bond Thursday. Contreras-Rodriguez is being held on immigration-related charges. Authorities say they have not captured the men who broke into the home, but they have identified them.

"We believe we have ID'd both men from the sketches," Fonseca testified Thursday, according to the paper. He reportedly frequently referred to one of the men by the initials "C.J."

Facebook comments if anyone really wants to do that to themselves
    https://m.facebook.com/pages/Please-...151866131&_rdr

http://origin.todaysthv.com/news/art...f-Ayvani-Perez

ATLANTA (WXIA) -- The arrest warrant for one of the suspects in the Clayton County abduction of 14-year-old Ayvani Hope Perez has been released.

It gives details, of how she was taken, the discussion of ransom with the family and how the kidnappers released her.

READ | See the full details of the FBI's report for the arrest warrant of Jackson

The affidavit comes from an FBI special agent, writing an arrest warrant for 29-year-old Wildrego Jackson.

Jackson was in Court on Thursday, briefly. The charges were read against him and his next court appearance was set. That will be Tuesday, Sept. 24.

There was no family in the courtroom, only two women claiming to be his girlfriend. One woman said she was pregnant with his child.

The FBI report states that around 2:15 a.m. on Tuesday two men with guns pried open the back door of Perez's home.

Ayvani's mom took her and her brother and hid in the closet. Ayvani was holding their pet dog.

The FBI report says the suspects kicked in the closet door and demanded money and jewelry. The dog jumped out of Ayvani's hands and one suspect shot it. It later died.

MORE STORIES: - Mug shots of 'Career Criminal' Wildrego Jackson - Gallery of the abduction of Ayvani Perez and the suspects involved. - Continuing Coverage of the abduction and recovery of Ayvani Perez

When the mom said she had no money or jewelry one suspect took Ayvani out of the house while the other held the mom and brother upstairs.

Both suspects fled and the mom chased after them.

A neighbor, who is also a law enforcement officer, told the FBI she noticed a Dodge challenger parked outside her house and a small 4-door silver car backed up to the house across the street. Another witness heard screams and saw the Dodge speed away.

Tuesday morning Ayvani's family received phone a call from a man with a blocked number, demanding drugs and money for the girl's release. There were a total of about five calls between the family and suspect.

FBI agents tracked down the phone's owner who said she gave it to Jackson one week before the kidnapping. Agents also learned Jackson's girlfriend rented the Dodge challenger for Jackson.

Wednesday at midday the family got call from kidnappers saying they would return Ayvani to a Lowe's store, then called back saying the girl was dropped off at the house of a relative in Conyers.

FBI agents recovered Ayvani from her aunt's house. The FBI report says the girl told agents three to four men were involved in her abduction, and the kidnappers covered their faces and told her not look them.

The FBI report states Jackson had a previous court hearing in Fulton County Wednesday, and when he showed up agents arrested him.

I knew there was something fishy going on here from the start. I just sat back and waited patiently.

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by u2addict View Post
    I knew there was something fishy going on here from the start. I just sat back and waited patiently.

Care to explain?
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

I'm trying to read back through more articles to see if that's really the impression we should be getting. When it says the mother was linked to one of the guys arrested it's a little misleading. Her boyfriend was arrested during the course of the investigation, but on unrelated charges.

The ransom & abduction weren't fake. The abductors knew mum's boyfriend (he has drug-related priors). They came to rob him & took his step-daughter because he wasn't home & her mum had no $$, jewellery, drugs to hand over.

I haven't found anything to indicate the mum should've recognised the abductors (but tbh I haven't followed the case). The stepdad would've recognised them, but he wasn't there. The only thing I can see so far that wasn't reported accurately is that the ransom included a demand for drugs.

Also, those reports that this kid was "smiling" & "looked relaxed" when she was dropped off remind me of the (sorry ) much debated horse riders comments in the HA case. They make it sound as though this kid was completely fine with what happened - maybe even complicit. I dunno, even if it happened as described by the "neighbours", I imagine that anyone who'd spent 2 days wondering if they were about to die/be sexually asaulted etcetc would quite likely be buoyantly happy once they realised they were being dropped at a relatives & not in a shallow grave.

Yeah. This is still tl:dr isn't Ron?

ETA lol & not only is it too long, it makes NO SENSE!! What the fuck was I doing?? FIXING NOW. If it makes sense when you read it, it means I've completed my repairs ...
    Last edited by blighted star; 11-21-2013 at 01:37 AM.

I remember reading about this and decided to Google it and here's what I found apparently the mother did know the abductors.

The terrifying incident, which saw the shooting of the innocent family dog, seemed like a quintessential shattering of suburban tranquillity.
    But a new twist came Thursday when WSB-TV learned that the kidnapped girl?s mother was arrested in February 2012 with Contreras-Ramirez and three other men.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2nBLO2atw
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...idnapping.html

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Anyone need further proof that drugs, and people who deal them, are bad? Putting your family in danger just so you can bag some short, fat, tiny dick chicano baller? Fuck that. Poor girl's mom is a piece of shit, too.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Now go fuck yourself.

The latest arrest.

& just to be very clear on this, Ayvani's mother DID NOT KNOW THE KIDNAPPERS. The person they are saying she knew is her partner. He had nothing to do with the kidnapping, he was arrested due to his immigration status.
    In the prior drug arrest the 2 of them happened to be standing on a driveway speaking to 3 people when police arrived to arrest the 3 on drugs charges. They assumed she & her partner were also dealers/customers & arrested them too. Those charges were then dropped. These details are explained in every article linked on this page if you read them fully.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/another-...-ayvani-perez/

ATLANTA - The FBI has arrested a man they say was involved in the September kidnapping of Georgia teen Ayvani Perez, reports CBS Atlanta.

Christopher Atkins, aka "C.J.", 19, of Atlanta, was indicted last month by a federal grand jury on charges of conspiracy to kidnap, and discharge of a firearm during a crime of violence. As a result

of the indictment, the FBI issued an arrest warrant for Atkins, according to the station.

He was taken into custody Monday and processed by FBI agents in Atlanta.

Authorities say armed men broke into Ayvani?s family?s home in Clayton County early on Sep. 17 and demanded drugs and jewelry from Ayvani?s mother. When she said she didn't have any, police say the men shot the family dog and took Ayvani at gunpoint. About 36 hours later, she was dropped off unharmed at her aunt's home in Conyers.

The day after Ayvani was returned, police arrested Wildrego Jackson, 29, after his phone number was identified as one of the numbers used to call the family and demand a ransom of drugs and money in return for the teen?s release.

Juan Alberto Contreras-Rodriguez, 40, was also arrested in connection with the case the day after the kidnapping. He faces immigration-related charges and was in the custody of federal immigration officials. Contreras is the boyfriend of the victim's mother, and he's believed to have been the target of the home invasion.

In October, authorities arrested Tony Graves, 28, after Jackson allegedly implicated him in the case. Both Graves and Jackson face federal charges of conspiracy to kidnap, and discharge of a firearm during a crime of violence.

CBS/AP

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    The latest arrest.

& just to be very clear on this, Ayvani's mother DID NOT KNOW THE KIDNAPPERS. The person they are saying she knew is her partner. He had nothing to do with the kidnapping, he was arrested due to his immigration status.
    In the prior drug arrest the 2 of them happened to be standing on a driveway speaking to 3 people when police arrived to arrest the 3 on drugs charges. They assumed she & her partner were also dealers/customers & arrested them too. Those charges were then dropped. These details are explained in every article linked on this page if you read them fully.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/another-...-ayvani-perez/
    cool tat, bro.

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

Thread Information