Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Johnathan Ferrell, NC Cop Kills Unarmed FAMU Footballer Looking For Help After MVA

Color me naive, I REALLY thought there was no way this cop could get away with this one. Silly me.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post
    Color me naive, I REALLY thought there was no way this cop could get away with this one. Silly me.
    Just ask yourself if the perpetrator was a cop. If the answer is "yes" then you have your answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    With all of these incidents I'm serious when I say I'm reluctant to ever call the cops again if I see anything going down. I will have to ask myself "is this person doing something they deserve to die for?" Breaking in to a car? Nope. It won't be me calling. Because I don't want someone's death hanging over my head. Only in life or death situations from now on. Otherwise I'm not getting them involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar
    dafuq dafuq dafuqqqqqqqqqqqqqq
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    With all of these incidents I'm serious when I say I'm reluctant to ever call the cops again if I see anything going down. I will have to ask myself "is this person doing something they deserve to die for?" Breaking in to a car? Nope. It won't be me calling. Because I don't want someone's death hanging over my head. Only in life or death situations from now on. Otherwise I'm not getting them involved.
    this. it's too bad but. yep.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Looks like it's not completely over yet

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mikehayes/gr...arged-with-sho

I think he was indicted today. On my phone can anyone find an article?

Randall Kerrick's lawyers filed paperwork for the trial, which is scheduled for July 20, 2015, regarding Kerrick's voluntary manslaughter charge in the death of Jonathan Ferrell, an unarmed black man who was shot and killed in Charlotte in the fall of 2013.
    Kerrick's attorneys also filed several motions, including a sequestration of all witnesses called during the trial, and a request for 6 experts during the trial.

The documents also show a request for jurors to take a look at the crime scene on the 7500 block of Reedy Creek Road, where police say Kerrick shot and killed Ferrell.

Other motions include not referring to as Ferrell as a victim, and changing the venue from Mecklenburg county.

The documents show the two of them fell into a ditch before Kerrick fired shots at Ferrell.

Kerrick's fate now lies in the hands of jurors.

The trial date is set for July 20th.

http://www.fox46charlotte.com/story/...rricks-lawyers

"Prosecutor Pounds Officer Kerrick Over Inconsistencies On Shooting"

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/new...e31154486.html

A state prosecutor Friday accused Charlotte-Mecklenburg police Officer Randall ?Wes? Kerrick of changing key facts around the death of Jonathan Ferrell to justify his shooting of an unarmed man.

In almost three hours of sometimes dramatic questioning before a packed courtroom, Assistant Attorney General Teresa Postell said Kerrick exaggerated the threat Ferrell had posed two years ago when Kerrick shot him 10 times from close range.

Postell hammered at disparities between Kerrick?s testimony in his voluntary-manslaughter trial and what he earlier told police ? from the distance between himself and Ferrell when the officer opened fire to when Kerrick first ordered the approaching Ferrell to stop. And while Kerrick told jurors Thursday that Ferrell had knocked him to the ground, he admitted under questioning Friday that he didn?t know if he had been tackled or slipped.

YOU DON?T GET TO SHOOT PEOPLE EVERY TIME YOU RESPOND TO A BREAKING AND ENTERING, DO YOU?
    Prosecutor Teresa Postell, questioning Officer Randall "Wes" Kerrick

Postell also tried to undermine Kerrick's depiction of his struggle with Ferrell in a roadside ditch. A tearful Kerrick testified Thursday that Ferrell was crawling up his body trying to take his gun. He said the shoulders of the former college football player were at his waist. He said he felt a jerk on his pistol.

"I thought I was going to die," Kerrick said.

Kerrick told the jury Friday that he did not know if Ferrell was armed and that he had no option but to shoot. "There was absolutely nothing else I could do," he said.

Postell, however, walked Kerrick through earlier testimony and the officer's previous statements that placed Ferrell below Kerrick's knees, draped around his feet and ankles. Significant amounts of Ferrell's blood had been found on the officer's boots and pants but none on his shirt. Friday, Postell held up Kerrick's old uniform to drive home the point.

She reminded Kerrick of statements that he had never seen a weapon in Ferrell?s hands before mocking the notion that the officer had been put on higher alert because Ferrell matched the description of nearby home invasion.

?You don?t get to shoot people every time you respond to a breaking and entering, do you?? she said.

The tense back-and-forth illuminated the core debate in the trial, with Kerrick?s freedom hanging in the balance.

On Sept. 14, 2013, Ferrell wrecked his fiancee?s car after giving a friend a ride home. He pounded on the door of a nearby home, apparently seeking help. The woman inside called 911, saying an unknown black man was pounding on her door. Kerrick was one of three officers to rush to the scene.

Prosecutors say neither Kerrick nor fellow officer Thornell Little identified themselves or gave any commands when Ferrell approached them near the neighborhood pool. Instead, Little aimed then fired his Taser. Ferrell began to run ? directly at Kerrick, who eventually fired 12 shots.

Prosecutors say Kerrick used excessive force. Kerrick?s defense team has argued that their client believed his life and those of his fellow officers were in peril. If convicted, the officer faces three to 11 years in prison.

Kerrick said he drew his Smith & Wesson pistol to provide backup to Little and his Taser. A video indicates that once Ferrell began to run, Kerrick gave him three loud orders to ?Get on the ground!? He fired his first shot about three seconds after his first order.

After the shooting, with Ferrell?s blood on his uniform, Kerrick told CMPD detectives in a video interview shown to the jurors that Ferrell was 10 feet away when Kerrick fired his first shot.

Thursday, he told the jury the gap was 3 feet to 5 feet.

?If 3 to 5 feet was the truth, did you think it was important to tell (detectives)?? Postell asked.

Kerrick said given the speed of events that night, it was hard to estimate.

Postell reminded Kerrick that he had positioned detectives in an interview to show the gap.

?You had them step out of the door,? she said.

She also probed at Kerrick?s statement that he told Ferrell to stop as he first walked up to Little. Under questioning by Postell, however, he acknowledged that his command came after Little had fired his Taser at Ferrell.

Kerrick apologized for the error but added, ?I was in a fight for my life. There may be a few (inconsistencies) but they?re pretty close.?

Postell shot back: ?Giving a command before or after a Taser is fired? Do you think that?s pretty close??

Postell also led Kerrick through CMPD training and use-of-force policies. Throughout the trial, Kerrick?s attorneys have argued that CMPD tells officers different things.

HE COULD HAVE GOTTEN TO MY WEAPON AND TAKEN IT FROM ME. ... THERE WAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ELSE I COULD DO.
    Police Officer Randall ?Wes? Kerrick

Postell asked Kerrick to read a training directive.

?Your own belief that somebody might or might not have a weapon wouldn?t allow you to use a Taser, much less a firearm, right?? Postell asked.

?That?s what it says in the manual,? he said.

Toward the end of questioning, Postell took two photos to the witness stand. One showed Kerrick displaying injuries to his mouth where he said Ferrell struck him (A later witness said the injury was consistent with a punch or a bitten lip).

She then showed the officer an image of the mortally wounded Ferrell.

?Those two sets of injuries are a bit different, aren?t they?? she asked.

?Yes ma?am,? Kerrick replied, ?they are.?

Michael Gordon: 704-358-5095, @MikeGordonOBS
    Last edited by blighted star; 08-15-2015 at 07:37 AM.

Can individual cops be made liable for their actions in civil court cases? Or are police departments liable for the actions of individual cops? If victims of the police can't already sue individual officers for all their worth, I think they should be able to. Cops might be less likely to start shooting if they knew their home, savings, and family's future are on the line. It would also provide a second chance for victims to receive some semblance of justice once they're inevitably failed by the criminal court.

Once I heard a very loud banging on my front door in the early hours of the morning. I opened the door because it sounded like the person was desperately trying to escape an axe murderer. The knocker was an incredibly distressed woman wearing nothing but a pair of knickers and a blanket. She was really incoherent but she was also saying she'd been raped, so I let her into the house. I wasn't sure if she was just really traumatised or actually mentally ill, we spent several very confusing hours together while I tried to get her to let me call an ambulance. It turned out she'd actually just escaped from the psychiatric hospital nearby where she'd been sectioned and she was in the midst of a psychotic episode. I'd probably answer the door again.

'No winners or losers' in decision not to retry officer who killed man

The latest on the state of North Carolina's decision not to retry a white police officer who shot and killed an unarmed black man in 2013.

3 p.m.

A defense attorney says the decision not to retry a white police officer who shot and killed unarmed black man in 2013 isn't necessarily a reason to celebrate.

Defense attorney George Laughrun spoke Friday after the decision was announced. He says: "I think there are no winners or losers here, obviously."

He called the decision a relief for Charlotte-Mecklenburg Officer Randall Kerrick and his family so they can "now try to put his life back together."

Laughrun says that while the attorney general's office is to be commended for its effort to gain a conviction, in part by dedicating three prosecutors to the case, Attorney General Roy Cooper also is to be commended for taking politics out of the decision not to seek a retrial. Cooper, a Democrat, is expected to run for governor in 2016.

Laughrun says: "If he were going to play politics with it, he would have sat on it for either weeks or months."

___

11:40 a.m.

North Carolina state attorneys have decided against retrying a white police officer who shot and killed an unarmed black man after his trial ended last week in a deadlock.

Senior Deputy Attorney General Robert Montgomery told the Mecklenburg County district attorney Friday of the state's decision in the case of Charlotte-Mecklenburg Officer Randall Kerrick. He had been accused of voluntary manslaughter in the September 2013 death of Jonathan Ferrell, a former college football player.

The jury in the case deadlocked with an 8-4 vote in favor of acquittal, leading the judge to declare a mistrial.

Montgomery wrote to District Attorney Andrew Murray that state attorneys will submit dismissal papers to end the case. Montgomery says it's the prosecutors' "unanimous belief a retrial will not yield a different result."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/08/28...y-officer-who/

Haha no winners or losers? Just a dead black person, folks. Nothing to see here, settle down.

This is why saying black lives matter actually had to become a movement.

Haha no winners or losers? Just a dead black person, folks. Nothing to see here, settle down.

This is why saying black lives matter actually had to become a movement.

What a ridiculously trite thing to say .. "there are no winners or losers" ..... one man lost his life and one man kept his freedom after taking that life. So unjust.

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves" .. Confucius
    "The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation " ...... Henry David Thoreau

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    What a ridiculously trite thing to say .. "there are no winners or losers" ..... one man lost his life and one man kept his freedom after taking that life. So unjust.
    Seriously!! I'd say the man killed and his family definitely lost in this situation. Ugh.

Thread Information