Thread: Domonic Davis (17) and Danielle Jacobson (22) were found shot to death in a car

Domonic Davis (17) and Danielle Jacobson (22) were found shot to death in a car

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2013...death_in_a_car

John Lajeunesse said he was heading to the Renegade Mountain area to go four-wheeling, nothing out of the ordinary for a 16-year-old kid in rural Tennessee.

How he and three other young people ended up shot dead inside a car on that same mountain is now a mystery before police and the small community of nearby Crossville.

A passerby discovered the car with the four victims, including a young mother, parked along a country road near the Renegade Mountain community Thursday morning.

Lajeunesse and a pair of 17-year-olds, Steven Presley and Dominic Davis, were the passengers. Danielle Jacobson, a 22-year-old mother of a young boy, was in the driver's seat.

Three of the victims were current or former students of the local school district.

"It's something that reverberates through the entire community," said Donald Andrews, Cumberland County's school superintendent. "The loss of life is always tough, and especially (so) when it's young people."
    Four people found shot to death in car

Only one man has been publicly linked to the killings: Jacob Allen Bennett. Authorities said he was identified fairly quickly into the investigation and taken into custody around midnight Thursday without incident on a parole violation in nearby Rhea County.

Randy York, the district attorney general whose territory includes the crime scene, told reporters Friday that his office intends "in the very near future" to empanel a grand jury to consider charges against Bennett related to the four killings.

"The citizens of Cumberland County and Crossville can rest assured that we have the person who committed the crimes in custody, that the community is safe," said Tennessee Bureau of Investigation Director Mark Gwyn.

The 26-year-old Bennett had been booked in Cumberland County five times before this, in addition to arrests in other counties and another state, said Sheriff Butch Burgess. He did not detail any of Bennett's alleged crimes, beyond the fact he'd been charged in 2009, convicted, sentenced to prison, then released on parole.

If law enforcement authorities know more, they kept the facts close to the vest Friday -- including about how the killings were carried out and why. They have been working diligently since being first learning of the deaths at 7 a.m. Thursday.

"They're kind of like robots, they're still going," said Burgess of the state and local investigators. "To them, it's not a job, especially when they see the circumstances involve kids. It hits home."

And then there are the victims' families, struggling to make sense of the bloodshed in a place where -- as many insisted -- these kinds of things just don't happen.

Michael Rick, who lives with Lajeunesse's family, said he dropped the 16-year-old at Presley's house on Wednesday afternoon.

Lajeunesse mentioned that the pair were going to go four-wheeling at around Renegade Mountain and spend the night at his friend's house.

The next day, Lajeunesse didn't call Rick to be picked up.

"You just get that gut feeling when nothing is right," Rick said.

It wasn't until Thursday night that police were able to confirm what they feared: Lajeunesse was among those killed.

According to the Cumberland County Board of Education, Lajeunesse had attended two local high schools, though most recently he's been home-schooled.

The teen loved to skateboard and wanted to spend more time hunting, Rick said.

Lajeunesse was very loving toward his family, dedicating himself to his mother, sister and baby niece, Rick said.

"He was only 16. He was just getting out to live life," he said.

A friend of Jacobson's said the 22-year-old lived for her son.

"She loved her little boy more than life itself. She talked about her child a lot. That's what saddens me the most," said the friend, who asked not be named because they had not been friends for too long.

Jacobson loved to talk, said the friend, who described her as kind as well.

"She was very nice, she was innocent, and she couldn't stop talking," the friend said. "She had something to say about every topic."

Davis attended Cumberland County High School, though he was actually new to the area having moved from Colorado. Still, in his short time here, Andrews -- the school superintendent -- said Davis had managed to endear himself to many classmates who grieved for him Friday.

The fourth victim, Presley, had graduated from Phoenix High School just months ago.

Located about 70 miles west of Knoxville and 110 miles east of Nashville, Crossville is a small city that serves as the county seat for Cumberland and its 57,000 people. It's a place that the school superintendent describes as a "down-home type community" where "everyone seems to know everyone."

As a result, everyone has been shaken by this week's carnage.

Students in the county's 12 schools, particularly its three high schools, were told about the killings Friday morning, then encouraged to talk about it in class or with counselors.

"Some were very quiet, some were reflective, some were more open," said Andrews. "The mood at the schools was very subdued."

"It was just a surprise. It's one of those 'this doesn't happen here' kind of things. It's actually a grim reminder to us all that we're all vulnerable," he said.

But what, if anything, made these four victims particularly vulnerable, leading to their deaths, hasn't been revealed.

Was it a drug deal gone bad? A theft? A fight? Residents want to know, but authorities refuse to speculate.

Casey Cox, the sheriff department's lead investigator, explained that officials want to be careful about what they release, while acknowledging that this case is personal to many: "There's a lot of emotion that goes into this case just simply based on the age of these children."

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/09/13/ju...atal-shooting/
    Last edited by Olivia; 09-14-2013 at 07:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

How sad, wonder what happened? Anyone find pics of the victims?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

these were in the link puzzld posted:

Dominic Davis, John Lajeunesse, Steven Presley and Rikki Jacobsen
    and the suspect

I can be your *ADDICTION* if you wanna get hooked on something!!

Here is the girl's facebook page: Rikki Danielle Jacobsen had a young son.

https://www.facebook.com/RiKkiB0bbY6969
    She also had another facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/rikki.jacobsen

This is the car

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1454729

From what I understand, they were found in Renegade Mountain area. My SIL, who is from Crossville Tn told me that Renegade Mountain area is basically a ghost town area. It's known as a drug hangout. (don't know if that's the case here)

it also appeared the quadruple homicide occurred where the car was found on a winding side road in the 3,000-acre Cumberland County development about 50 miles west of Knoxville.

Officials did not reveal a possible motive for the shootings, but said investigators believed the victims were deliberately targeted and not killed at random.
    Only a few dozen people live in the isolated area, which has been marred by bankruptcy and an ongoing dispute with security.
    ?There are 10 miles of road on 3,000 acres,? Moore said. ?It?s easy to get lost or be invisible once you get past the gate.?

The residents have been arguing with the owners of the community over how the site has been managed, Moore said. The residents even sued the owners in 2011.
    Moore said that since the owners removed the security gate, ?there?ve been some break-ins, some sightseers, some drug dealers and some parkers.?
    Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...#ixzz2erC2zX6P
    ------

CROSSVILLE — A prosecutor said Friday the man being held in connection with the slayings of four people in Cumberland County knew the victims to “some degree.”

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2013/se...d-ids-release/

Also, from some of the rumors in the comment sections in the local paper.....people are saying b/c the shooter and the female knew each other. Domestic. ????

And this is what another family member said
    Carrie Tenorio-Casanova We rnt sure of all the specifics yet. Just know that they were both shot in the head. Execution style. It makes me sick. They were both really young!!!
    Last edited by bermstalker; 09-14-2013 at 03:20 AM.

Here is Dominic's facebook. Dominic was Rikki's nephew. I found that out on another friends facebook wall. This is what it says; (https://www.facebook.com/camron.g.da...rofile_browser)
    Yes the loss of these young adults is tragic and some of these comments are beyond sickening. Why isnt anyone pointing out the fact Rikki was a young mother? Her son will go to bed crying without her tonight and some of you sickos are focused on whether or nt drugs were involved?! I don't care if they were all involved in drugs again. The only concern now should be catching the sick freak who crossed the line and took 4 lives! Afterward people can debate if its a valid cautionary tale against a drug lenient lifestyle but those with a moral compass would do well to remember there are parents, siblings, companions, and in Rikki's case A CHILD left behind. If you have no respect for our dead cant you at least pretend for the sake of the living left behind? My thoughts and prayers go out to all families and particularly to the families of Rikki Jacobson & her NEPHEW Domonic (Hall) Davis Hall. I hope the monster who did this is caught so that this will not happen again.
    From the same family member's facebook page it says this
    Camron Davis My cousin rikki and cousin Domonic were shot and killed in Tennessee yesterday over weed and money
    23 hours ago
    https://www.facebook.com/domonic.davis.7

I snipped this picture off his facebook just in case it is deleted later. They talk about smoking a big one and being f'ed up.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by bermstalker; 09-14-2013 at 03:06 AM.

A Tennessee couple was indicted on Friday for the shooting deaths of a woman and three teens in a robbery during a pot deal at a resort community in the state, officials said.

Jacob Allen Bennett, 26, and his girlfriend, Brittany Lina Yvonn Moser, 25, were each indicted on four counts of felony murder and two counts of attempted aggravated robbery by a Cumberland County grand jury.

Bennett, who was identified almost immediately as a suspect, was also indicted on four counts of premeditated murder for the September 12 killings in eastern Tennessee. Bennett was captured a day after the murders and held on an unrelated parole violation.

Moser, from Dayton, Tennessee, was with Bennett at the time of the murders, the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation said.

The victims, Rikki Danielle Jacobsen, 22, Domonic Lewis Davis, 17, Steven Michael Presley, 17, and Jonathan Raymond Lajeunesse, 16, were found shot to death in Jacobsen's blue car parked just off a main road on Renegade Mountain, about 100 miles east of Nashville.

"The two counts of attempted aggravated robbery stem from Bennett and Moser attempting to rob Jacobsen and Davis during a marijuana exchange," said Kristin Helm, spokeswoman for the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation.

In a press statement on the indictment, authorities did not make clear whether one or both of the suspects fired the shots that killed the four people.

The deaths have shaken the mostly retired residents of the Renegade Mountain community, a densely-wooded area in the small town of Crab Orchard about 100 miles east of Nashville.

Bennett was released on parole in March after being sentenced in 2010 to six years in prison on charges of theft, forgery and possession of a handgun during a felony, according to the Tennessee corrections department.
    http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...le-murder?lite
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Here's some more details from the local paper in Crossville. It's long

CROSSVILLE — A Cumberland County man held behind bars for parole violation and a Dayton, TN, woman have been named in a ten-count indictment charging premeditated murder, felony murder and attempted aggravated robbery of four found dead on Renegade Mountain last week.

Jacob Allen Bennett, 26, Woodbridge Rd., was already in the Justice Center serving time for a parole violation for which he pleaded guilty to this week.

Brittany Lina Yvonn Moser, 25, Railroad St., Dayton, TN, was picked up at her home and brought to Crossville after the grand jury returned the indictment.

The pair are accused of the shooting deaths of Danielle "Rikki" Jacobsen, age 22; Domonic Davis, age 17; Steven Presley, age 17; and John Lajeunesse, age 16. Their bodies were found in a car on a gravel road in an undeveloped subdivision off Renegade Parkway Sept. 12.

Shackled and wearing a bright orange jail-issued jump suit, Bennett shuffled into the courtroom and stood before Judge David Patterson. The right side of the courtroom was filled with family members and friends, while on the left side were local and Knoxville news media.

Patterson started the arraignment hearing by asking Bennett if he had an attorney. "No sir," Bennett softly responded. Patterson asked if he wanted the court to appoint an attorney to represent him and again, Bennett said no. Patterson then asked if his family was going to hire an attorney for him and he replied, "No sir."

The judge then asked, "How do you plan to go forward?" to which Bennett stunned those in the courtroom by stating, "Guilty."

"It is not a good idea to go forward without an attorney," Patterson told Bennett. Again the judge asked if the defendant understood his rights, including the right to an attorney, and again asked, "What is your plan, then?"

Bennett responded, "I don't have a plan."

After discussion between Deputy District Attorney Gary McKenzie and Patterson, the judge recognized Shelbyville and former Crossville attorney, Robert Marlow, who was in the courtroom, and asked him to represent Bennett.

"I have heard what he said when I asked him how he pleads," Patterson told Marlow when the defensive attorney raised an issue with the court.

"He has an absolute right to enter plea at arraignment," Marlow said, adding that by doing so, the action would prohibit prosecutors from pursuing life without parole and/or the death penalty if a conviction were obtained.

As the issue was discussed, Bennett sat quietly at the defense table, staring downward as Marlow argued that if the arraignment hearing had been completed, the guilty plea could stand. Marlow then suggested that the arraignment be continued until Oct. 3. Bennett could consult with Marlow before that date and could still enter the plea if he wished.

McKenzie told the court that at the very minimum, the state would be seeking to enhance the charges to qualify for life without parole sentences. The death penalty issue remains open.

After the hearing, McKenzie said that if the judge had accepted the guilty plea, it could be grounds for a reversal later in the appeals court. It would also effectively remove the death penalty or life without parole consideration because the state has not had time to file formal notice of enhancement of the sentences, should Bennett be found guilty.

At the end of the hearing, it was decided by Patterson that Bennett would be held without bond and arraignment continued to 9 a.m. on Oct. 3.

Once Bennett left the courtroom, Moser was led in and had quite a different exchange with Patterson. When asked if she understood what she was being charged with, she replied no.

"I don't understand robbery and all that," Moser said, "cause I didn't do all those things."

Moser told the court that neither she, nor her family, could afford to hire an attorney and that she wanted a court-appointed lawyer. Patterson then appointed Crossville attorney Kevin Bryant to represent Moser.

Bryant waived formal reading of the indictment, entered a not guilty plea on behalf of Moser and agreed to have the case continued to Oct. 3 at which time the issue of bond might be discussed. - See more at: http://crossville-chronicle.com/loca....jHL7uXAr.dpuf

Sorry for 2 post in a row but I wanted to post the kids that were killed obits.

September 17, 2013
    Rikki Jacobsen
    Submitted

CROSSVILLE — Dec. 23, 1990—Sept. 12, 2013

Memorial services for Rikki Danielle Jacobsen, 22, of Crossville, will be held Saturday, Sept. 21, at 1 p.m. from First Baptist Church of Crossville. Bro. Mike Shinn will officiate. A fellowship gathering at the church, 712 S. Main St., in Crossville, will follow the service.

Ms. Jacobsen was born Dec. 23, 1990, in Las Vegas, NV, to Sherril Davis Crombie of Crossville and the late Rick Jacobsen.

Ms. Jacobsen passed away Sept. 12, 2013.
    Ms. Jacobsen was a cashier with Walmart in Crossville.

She is survived by her parents, Sherril and Daniel Crombie of Crossville; four-year-old son, Xaynne Rexwrote of Brighton, CO; sisters, Tisa Tapia of Crossville, Jennifer Cantrall of Thornton, CO, Becky Ball of Brighton, CO, Catherine Jacobsen of Ulysses, KS, and Paige Crombie of Ulysses, KS; brother, Daniel Jacobsen of Hudson, CO; half-brothers, William Jacobsen and Timothy Birlew, both of Longmont, CO.

In addition to her father, she was preceded in death by her grandfather, Patrick Davis.
    A guest register may be signed at www.gofffuneralhome.com.
    Goff Funeral Home of Monterey is in charge of the arrangements.
    See more at: http://crossville-chronicle.com/obit....ijdoPG5m.dpuf
    September 17, 2013
    Domonic Davis
    Submitted

CROSSVILLE — April 15, 1996—Sept. 12, 2013

Memorial services for Domonic L.A. Davis, 17, of Crossville, will be held Saturday, Sept. 21, at 1 p.m. from the First Baptist Church of Crossville. Bro. Mike Shinn will officiate. A fellowship gathering at the church, 712 S. Main St., in Crossville, will follow the service.

Mr. Davis was born April 15, 1996, in Brighton, CO. He passed away Sept. 12, 2013.
    Mr. Davis was a sophomore student at Cumberland County High School and attended the Lantana Road Baptist Church.

He is survived by his parents, Tisa and Timothy Tapia of Crossville; sisters, Marie Davis of Brighton, CO, and Alianna Nanncarrow of Commerce City, CO; brothers, Steven Kilgore of Brighton, CO, Dameion Tapia of Crossville and Jermiah Hall of Denver, CO; grandparents, Daniel and Sherril Crombie of Crossville, Lana and Mervin Bierman of Ft. Meade, MD, and Les and Jo-Di Tapia of Brighton, CO; great-grandmother, Nancy Davis of Crossville.

A guest register may be signed at www.gofffuneralhome.com.
    Goff Funeral Home of Monterey is in charge of the arrangements
    See more at: http://crossville-chronicle.com/obit....UIZWKWsH.dpuf
    September 16, 2013
    Jonathan Lajeunesse
    Submitted

CROSSVILLE — Nov. 12, 1996—Sept. 12, 2013

Jonathan Raymond Lajeunesse, 16, was born Nov. 12, 1996, to Corey and Julie Lajeunesse in Windsor, Ontario, Canada, and passed away Sept. 12, 2013, in Crab Orchard. The family will receive friends at Crossville Memorial Funeral Home and Crematory, Inc. Wednesday, Sept. 18, from 3 to 5 p.m., with a funeral service to follow at 5.
    He enjoyed skateboarding, fishing and hunting, and video and computer games. He loved to wear tie-dyed shirts.

He is survived by his father, Corey Lajeunesse from Canada; his mother, Julie Marie Moore Lajeunesse; his "dad," Bob Clausen; stepbrother, Wyatt Lajeunesse; sister, Katie Lajeunesse; niece, Briley Mae Lajeunesse; grandparents, Claudia Moore, Shirley Cranston (David) and Barb McKenzie; aunts and uncles, Lizabeth Hicknott, Paula Disney, Dawn and Jason Carter, and Chad Cranston.

He was preceded in death by his grandparents, Kenneth Moore and Michael Gauwn.
    Crossville Memorial Funeral Home and Crematory, Inc. was in charge of the arrangements.
    See more at: http://crossville-chronicle.com/obit....FPbdAHCN.dpuf
    September 17, 2013
    Steven M. Presley
    Submitted

CROSSVILLE — Funeral services for Steven M. Presley, 17, of Crossville, will be held at 1 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 18, at Bilbrey Funeral Home. Burial will follow at Smith's Chapel Cemetery. The family received friends from 5-8 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 17, at the funeral home. For more information, call the Bilbrey Funeral Home obituary line at 787-1900 or visit www.bilbreyfh.com.
    See more at: http://crossville-chronicle.com/fune....vx1eBKZ7.dpuf

Edit because Bermstalker said it and I missed it (Rikki was Domonic's aunt).

Crazy story, I really wonder what really happened. Wonder if we'll ever know?

Looks like he went to sell them drugs, saw they were young and green and thought he'd either take back the drugs to resell or take some more money off them with little problem. Maybe they put up more of a fight that he thought they would. I don't think Drug Dealers are big on Customer Service.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetleftpeg View Post
    Looks like he went to sell them drugs, saw they were young and green and thought he'd either take back the drugs to resell or take some more money off them with little problem. Maybe they put up more of a fight that he thought they would. I don't think Drug Dealers are big on Customer Service.
    That times 100000.

but seriously, killing 4 people over weed? talk about a stupid decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Yeah, like, I don't think that happens. Over a debt, yes. Over meth, sure. But WEED..

surely not.

Quote Originally Posted by trepid View Post
    Yeah, like, I don't think that happens. Over a debt, yes. Over meth, sure. But WEED..

surely not.
    I thought he met them to sell them weed, but robbed them instead. I wonder if he was pissed they put up a fight?

ETA: I'm pretty sure this dude wanted to rob them so he could purchase other drugs.
    Last edited by Angiebla; 09-23-2013 at 03:17 PM.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Dude I was gonna say the same thing. Weed? Really? Of all the times I've purchased weed, I never worried that I was going to be shot. That's just crazy.
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Seriously. How pointless.
    "...Jeffrey Dahmer... actually confessed and accepted his punishment. Had real remorse for the sick things he did. It's pretty bad when Jeffrey Dahmer is a better person than you are." ~Justice11 (re: Jodi Arias)

http://www.wbir.com/story/news/2013/...tions/3311987/

TN man accused of killing 4 repeatedly violated parole without punishment

(Oct. 30, 2013) Parole officers did not worry about Jacob Allen Bennett blowing off the terms of his release from prison until four bodies turned up in Renegade Mountain.

They didn't revoke the longtime felon's parole when he flunked a drug test in April -- his second month out of prison. They let it slide when he didn't pay his court-ordered fees. And they didn't even look for him when he went absent in August, a month before he would be hauled in as a suspect in a quadruple homicide.

"I asked her to have him contact me to discuss this violation issue," a parole officer wrote in Bennett's parole file Aug. 22 after speaking to his grandmother.

Parole officers took notice Sept. 12, when the bodies of Rikki Jacobsen, 22; her nephew, Dominic Davis, 17; and their friends Steven Presley, 17, and John Lajeunesse, 16, were found near his home. Only then did a parole officer issue an emergency parole violation warrant against Bennett, citing the flunked drug test, unpaid fees and a skipped parole appointment, according to parole records obtained by The Tennessean.

Tennessee's supervision of released felons has been under fire for more than a decade. Performance audits have taken the state's probation and parole system to task for inadequate supervision of parolees since at least 2001. Probation officers, now operating under the Tennessee Department of Correction, have warned of inadequate staffing and poor supervision of sex offenders for years. Reports of dead people being "actively supervised" and violent offenders repeatedly violating the terms of their parole have surfaced as well.

Bennett, 26, is currently jailed in Cumberland County on four counts of premeditated murder, four counts of felony murder and two counts of aggravated robbery. His girlfriend, Brittany Lina Yvonn Moser, 25, of Dayton, Tenn., has been charged with four counts of felony murder and two counts of attempted aggravated robbery.

Jacobsen's mother and Davis' grandmother, Sherril Crombie, wasn't aware that Bennett had been on parole. She said the state should have taken his violations more seriously.

"I think they should have picked him up and put him back in prison," said Crombie, who lives in Crossville. "Apparently he wasn't serious about turning his life around. That's the whole purpose of being out on parole, isn't it?"

Tennessee Department of Correction spokeswoman Dorinda Carter said Bennett had been on a "medium supervision level" and was in "substantial compliance" at the time of the murders.

"While his supervision compliance reflected violations, the violations were technical violations which would not have resulted in a violation of parole, given the overall compliance of his supervision," Carter wrote in an email. "There were no indicators in these violations or in Mr. Bennett's behavior that indicated his risk for violent acts."

Asked whether technical violations ever lead to meaningful consequences, Carter said the effect is cumulative.

"When a person cannot or will not be brought into compliance through use of all appropriate intermediary sanctions, the offender would be violated."

Felony charges at 12

When it comes to crime, Bennett started young.

Records in Florida show that his first felony charges came at age 12, when he was accused of burglary, larceny and damage to property over $1,000.

The charges kept coming over the years. Bennett moved to Tennessee in 2009 and picked up where he had left off in Florida. According to state records here, a Fentress County sheriff's detective found Bennett leaving someone's house with a 12-gauge shotgun and bags packed with stolen loot. He was charged with theft of less than $500, attempted theft of greater than $1,000 and being a felon in possession of a firearm.

He pleaded guilty to all three charges in March 2010 and was eventually sentenced to prison until Jan. 17, 2015, if he were to have served his full sentence.

Even in prison he couldn't stay clean, according to state records. In 2012, while being held in the South Central Correctional Facility in Clifton, records show he tested positive for amphetamines, marijuana and prescription painkillers.

Two weeks later, prison officials had to put him in protective custody after he snitched on other prisoners who were hoarding drugs, cellphones and weapons behind bars.

In early 2013, Bennett was up for parole. In state records, he wrote that he was ready to move on.

"I was guilty and now I'm ready to move on with my life!" he wrote.

In March, the Tennessee Board of Parole agreed to release Bennett nearly two years early.

Melissa McDonald, spokeswoman for the Board of Parole, said board members had previously rejected Bennett's parole twice.

"The decision of the Board to release Mr. Bennett was in compliance with the Board's Statute and Rules," she said.

Bennett, however, fell out of compliance almost immediately.

A resort town in decline

Renegade Mountain is a small resort area about two hours east of Nashville on the Cumberland Plateau. It began in the 1960s as a resort town with skiing and eventually golf, earning a reputation as a top vacation destination.

But the years haven't been kind. Over the past decade, Renegade Mountain has been in a general state of decline. Its ski slopes closed long ago. Its golf course, once considered one of the best in the state, shuttered in 2008.

It's now home to just 37 families, according to the community's homeowners' association.

When Bennett was released from prison in 2013, he moved in with his grandmother, Jeannie Haiser, who lives off Renegade Mountain Drive.

"I feel really good, loved and cared about," he wrote about his living situation in documents submitted to parole officials.

But once released, it didn't take long for trouble to surface.

According to Department of Correction records, he flunked his first drug test in April, testing positive for marijuana. Parole officials didn't revoke his release.

A month later, he got a job doing landscaping but fell behind on paying his fees. Still, no revocation.

Then, in August, he failed to show up to his parole meeting, according to state records. His parole officer went to his house Aug. 22, only to find that Bennett wasn't even living there anymore.

"His grandmother told this Officer that she had not seen him for several days and did not know where he was staying," the parole officer wrote. "I asked her if she had contact with him to have him contact the PPO asap."

Carter, the department spokeswoman, said tracking down the offender immediately wasn't required.

"Protocol mandates that the offender contact the officer within 24 hours if the officer could not see the offender face to face during a home check," she said. "After a home visit where the offender is not home, the officer is to send a letter or call the offender to confirm residence. As the officer was scheduled to be out of the office the week following (the) home visit, the follow-up letter or call would have taken place upon his return to the office."

That changed when four people were found dead near Bennett's home Sept. 12.

[snipped]

Bennett, for his part, appeared ready to accept responsibility for everything. He quickly pleaded guilty to violating the terms of his parole. Even more shocking was what happened at his arraignment Sept. 20.

There, he told Judge David Patterson that he hadn't hired an attorney and couldn't afford one.

"How do you plan to go forward?" the judge asked.

"Guilty," Bennett responded.

The judge stared for a moment. Eventually, he ordered an attorney appointed for Bennett, and the lawyer pleaded not guilty on his behalf.

Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty against Bennett, who is expected in court Nov. 18.

Bennett's parole history

March 15, 2010: Bennett is convicted of theft under $500, attempted theft over $1,000 and being a felon in possession of a firearm. His sentence is set to expire in January 2015.

Dec. 21, 2011: Bennett refuses to take a drug test while in prison.

April 20, 2012: Bennett tests positive for amphetamines, marijuana and prescription painkillers.

April 30, 2012: Bennett is placed in protective custody after ratting out other inmates for having illegal drugs, weapons and cellphones in prison.

March 4, 2013: Bennett, after being rejected twice by state officials, is paroled.

April 2, 2013: Bennett reports for the first time to his parole officer in Crossville.

April 9, 2013: Bennett's drug screen comes back positive for marijuana -- a violation of the terms of his release.

May 7, 2013: Bennett says he's found a landscaping job.

Aug. 6, 2013: Bennett not only misses his parole appointment, but he has fallen behind on paying his parole fees -- more violations of the terms of his release.

Aug. 22, 2013: A parole officer finds that not only is Bennett not home at an unannounced home visit, but that he has moved out without telling the state -- another violation of the terms of his release.

Sept. 12, 2013: Parole officers are asked about Bennett, who is named as a suspect in a quadruple homicide. They file to have his parole revoked.

Source: Tennessee Department of Correction parole records
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

What a prince.

http://www.crossville-chronicle.com/...bec1a596b.html

Bennett: Four life sentences

(June 29, 2016)Jacob Allen Bennett spent most of his life in custody, beginning with run-ins with the law as a juvenile. He will spend the rest of his life in prison.

Bennett pleaded guilty to four counts of first-degree felony murder, and received four life without parole sentences to be served, on paper, consecutively. This assures that Bennett will never see freedom again.

Bennett also pleaded guilty to two counts of attempted aggravated robbery and received two ten-year prison sentences to be served concurrently, or at the same time.

Bennett, 28, of Woodbridge Rd., and Brittany Lina Yvonne Moser, 27, of Dayton, TN, were indicted in the September 2013 shooting deaths of Rikki Danielle Jacobson, 22; Domonic Davis, 17; Steven Presley, 17; and Jonathan Raymond Lajeunesse, 16.

The incident took place in September 2013 on a side road leading to an undeveloped cul-de-sac on Renegade Mountain, east of Crab Orchard. The victims were found shot to death inside a vehicle owned by Jacobson. All had been shot multiple times and the young victims were from Cumberland County.

Bennett was facing four counts of premeditated murder, four counts of felony murder and two counts of attempted aggravated robbery. Moser faces four counts of felony murder and two counts of attempted aggravated robbery.

Bennett was represented at the hearing by court-appointed Shelbyville attorney Robert Marlow and James S. Simmons of Hendersonville.

"This has been a difficult case for everyone," District Attorney Bryant Dunaway said after the hearing. "We can not undo what happened on that mountain that night and nothing can bring those your lives back. We have met with the families on numerous occasions and the majority of the family members of the victims are in agreement with this resolution.

"It is my prayer that the healing process for those who lost their loved ones can begin."

After the hearing, Criminal Court Judge David Patterson also took time to directly address members of the families, and their friends, who filled one side of the courtroom.

"I am very much saddened for you and I hope there is some comfort in the future," Patterson said. "This is a very good decision."

He explained that to seek the death penalty -- and if the state was successful in getting a death sentence at trial -- it would be an estimated 18-20 years of court hearings and appeal hearings that would bring more reliving of the tragic event.

"This does not bring anyone back ... but at least you know you will not have to go through the appeal process," the judge said.

Bryant met privately with the families and friends before the hearing started and again at its conclusion.

The hearing was scheduled to begin at 1 p.m. but did not get underway until after 2 p.m. Bennett, with shackles on his feet and hands, shuffled into the courtroom in a white state-issued jump suit with TDOC (Tennessee Department of Corrections) Maximum Security stenciled across the back.

Bennett's head was shaven and he wore a medium-length beard. He had little to say during the hearing other than to quietly respond to questions from Patterson about his understanding of his rights. Patterson told Bennett that to enter the guilty pleas would bring an end to any right of his to appeal and that this would be his last day in court.

Bennett said he understood.

District Attorney General Bryant Dunaway read a statement of facts supporting the guilty plea and that would have resulted in a jury conviction if the case had gone to trial (see accompanying story). After Bryant read that statement into the record, and Patterson was satisfied that Bennett understood his rights, the judge accepted Bennett?s guilty plea.

Once the guilty plea was entered, six persons representing families of the four victims read or spoke from memory victim impact statements.

These statements were delivered by family members Jennifer Cantrell, Julie Lajeunesse, D. Cole, Rebecca Ball, Derrick Brown and Steven Kilgore.

Standing a mere eight feet away from where Bennett sat, the six tearfully read their statements. Many addressed their remarks directly to Bennett, instructing him to look at them as they spoke.

They lashed out in hurt that had been building in a pressure cooker of anger for nearly three years. They sparred no words, looking directly at Bennett as they used derogatory adjectives to express their contempt for him and his actions.

They talked about their losses of not being able to watch the young victims -- three teenagers -- grow up, have families, contribute to their joy and fulfill their lives. Mostly, they talked about lost opportunities of enjoying the victims? lives.

"Your actions put an incredible amount of pain to a lot of people," Rikki's sister, Cantrell, said as she coldly stared at the defendant. "You are a nobody." She added that she believed Bennett would languish in a jail cell the rest of his life "with not a person to care for you."

It was extremely emotional for Julie Lajeunesse to address Bennett and the court. Her son was the youngest of the four who were murdered. "You are so cold-hearted and cruel to do to, not only my son, but three others, what you did."

She had raised her son, Jonathan, as a single-parent, recalling the night she drove him to one of his friend's home and him saying to her as he closed the car door, "Bye Mom. I love you." She had no idea it would be the last time she would see her son.

Later she issued a statement to the Knoxville media expressing hope that the guilty plea would now allow her the opportunity to begin the healing process.

"Look at me," Cole demanded of Bennett as she spoke from her heart. She asked how he could accept anything "but the death you generously gave out to them." She talked about the good of her nephew, Steven Presley.

"I honestly believe if he were here he would forgive you," Cole said. She told Bennett he needed to spend his time in prison seeking God because when he stands before God on judgment day, "There won't be a plea agreement."

Ball not only lost a sister, but a nephew in Domonic Davis. She told Bennett she hoped he was tormented in jail with thoughts of the decision he made.

Brown called Bennett "a bottom feeder in the bottom of the barrel," stating, "Most of us in here would do away with you, but we have to abide by the legal system." He added that one day Bennett would receive the judgment he said Bennett deserves.

Kilgore, Domonic Davis? brother, was the last to speak. He told Bennett the killing of his sibling and the others left a lot of families broken. "I hope the fear they had before they died haunts you ... "

Perhaps the biggest hurt for the families is knowing that the ending of the criminal process for Bennett really does nothing to fill the voids in their hearts. The case against Bennett may be over, but the families will also serve a sentence of their own -- suffering the loss of loved ones in such a manner.

The case against Moser is pending. Moser is represented by court-appointed Crossville attorney Kevin Bryant and that case is scheduled to return to Criminal Court on Aug. 10.

Brittany Moser is due in court again next month.
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

He basically admitted to everything when he was arrested. Here's more from the link above:

Statement of facts in the Renegade murder case

The following is a statement of facts prepared by District Attorney Bryant Dunaway and defense attorney Robert Marlow that was read into the record, supporting Jacob Bennett?s guilty plea to four counts of felony first-degree murder and two counts of attempted aggravated robbery.

Had this case proceeded to trial, the State of Tennessee would have presented witnesses and evidence that would prove the following facts:

1). On the morning of September 12, 2013, David Schlabach, while on his way to work, discovered the deceased bodies of Rikki Danielle Jacobson, Domonic Lewis Davis, Steven Michael Presley, and Jon Lajuenesse, in a parked car on Eagles Nest Road on Renegade Mountain located in Cumberland County, Tennessee. Law Enforcement and EMS personnel responded to the scene that morning and found that the four victims had been shot.

2). Investigators learned that on the night of Sept. 11, 2013, Steven Presley told his mother that he was going to meet someone named ?Jake? on Renegade Mountain. Law enforcement personnel conducted further interviews and researched mobile telephone records. Based upon their investigation, they learned that Jacob Bennett had been living with his grandparents in their residence on Renegade Mountain. Jacob Bennett?s grandmother stated to investigators that Bennett had recently moved out of her residence and was living in Dayton, TN. Law enforcement investigators identified the Jacob Allen Bennett (DOB 6-16-1987) as a suspect in these murders.
    3). Investigators were told that the Sept. 11, 2013 meeting on Renegade Mountain was arranged for Jacobsen and Davis to sell ?Jake? some marijuana.

4). Brittany Moser was interviewed on Sept. 12, 2013. She admitted that she had driven to Renegade Mountain with Jacob Bennett; Brittany identified Jacob Allen Bennett as the individual who shot and killed the four victims on Renegade Mountain. In addition to other information, Brittany Moser told investigators that she saw Jacob Bennett throw latex gloves in a trash can at a Kangaroo Mart in Dayton, TN. Those gloves were recovered in the trash can at the location described by Brittany Moser.

5). On Sept. 13, 2013, Jacob Bennett was arrested on a warrant for violation of parole.

6). On Sept. 16, 2013, Jacob Bennett was interviewed at the Cumberland County Justice Center. Jacob Bennett was advised of his Miranda Rights prior to questioning. Jacob Bennett acknowledged that he understood those rights. He then voluntarily waived his rights and consented to be interviewed by law enforcement investigators.

7). During the interview, Jacob Bennett admitted that he went to Renegade Mountain with the intention to rob the four victims.

8). Jacob Bennett admitted to investigators that he told the four victims where to meet him.

9). Jacob Bennett and Brittany Moser traveled together to the location on Renegade Mountain; they were the first to arrive. The four victims, Rikki, Domonic, Jon and Steven arrived later. Jacob Bennett got out of his vehicle. He already had a gun out.

10). Jacob Bennett talked to Dominic and asked him to get out of the car. Dominic would not get out. By his own admission, Jacob Bennett had the intention to hurt Dominic. Jacob Bennett then shot Rikki Jacobson, Domonic Davis, Jon Lajuenesse and Steven Presley multiple times while all four of them sat in their vehicle.

Thread Information