Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bryce Laspisa (19) missing since 8-30-13

Bryce Laspisa (19) missing since 8-30-13

I waited to post this because a burning body was found a week ago not far from the area where Bryce's SUV was found. The authorities finally announced last night that the body was someone else, which I figured because searchers have been looking for Bryce daily since that body was found, and I couldn't imagine LE risking the safety of divers and folks searching on foot in very rugged terrain unless they had a pretty good idea it wasn't Bryce.

Here's his Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/brycelaspisa

A Facebook photo of Bryce with the gal he supposedly broke up with right before he disappeared:

Search For Missing OC College Student Continues Thursday In Castaic

(Sept. 12, 2013) CASTAIC (CBSLA.com) -- Authorities Thursday continued their search for a missing 19-year-old Orange County college student whose SUV was found overturned near Santa Clarita 10 days ago.

A burned body found last week on Lake Hughes Road was thought to have possibly been that of Bryce Laspisa, but was later identified as 35-year-old Lamondre Miles of South Los Angeles, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff?s Department.

Laspisa, of Laguna Niguel, was last heard from on Aug. 30 as he drove south from Northern California after breaking up with his girlfriend.

Later that day, authorities found his Toyota Highlander overturned at Castaic Lake on the main boat launch access road with his cell phone, wallet and laptop inside.

The rear window was broken, which police say was done with an emergency tool kept in the center console. Some blood was also found in the vehicle.

Volunteers and the LASD have been searching the area for Laspisa with few leads.

On Tuesday, K-9 units picked up a scent that may be connected to Laspisa, but he was not found.

A team of divers have also searched Castaic Lake every day since the teen went missing.

Laspisa's disappearance is being investigated by the LASD?s Homicide Division.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013/...llege-student/
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

Wow, didn't realize how local this is to me. I went to Sierra College too.

http://fox40.com/2013/09/11/burned-b...-sheriffs-say/

CASTAIC LAKE—

Southern California authorities have identified the body found burned near Castaic Lake as 35-year-old Lamondre Deon Miles, not missing Sierrra College student Bryce Laspisa.

Three suspects have been arrested for the murder, including two men and one woman.

Sheriff’s say that Lamondre was killed in South Los Angeles back on Sept. 3, then had his body dumped near Castaic Lake.

Lamondre is said to have owned money to the suspects.

The search for Laspisa has continued even after speculation built that it was his body found near the lake, as his car was found near that same lake.

Read more: http://fox40.com/2013/09/11/burned-b...#ixzz2eoPBnVGI

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I am local, too, and went to Sierra College in the early 2000s. Just typing that makes me feel old.

Anyway, I've been following this since he disappeared. I understand why the police didn't release the identity if the burning body but it is sad for Bryce because I'm sure many would-be searchers were "turned off" on searching, thinking the body was his.

Apparently, he went to Chico to break up with his girlfriend, but failed to do so. His friends there thought he was acting weird and his eyes were red so they took his keys. His mom spoke with them and asked them to give they keys back so he could drive to his parent's house in Laguna Nigel (a planned trip, I believe). She offered to travel there but he said no and said they had a lot to talk about.

On his trip, he ran out of gas near Buttonwillow and roadside assistance brought him some. I guess his mom couldn't reach him for hours so she sent the roadside assistance guy back to check on him. He appeared to be fine and said he had been sleeping. His parents also reported him missing because they again could not reach him. The police located him, searched his car, let his parents know and closed the case (his eyes were still red). He stayed in Buttonwillow for like 10 hours total, I believe. He ended up taking a detour and spoke with his parents saying he was lost and that he was going to sleep in his car. Apparently he had plans to spend time with friends in Laguna Nigel before the whole detour thing happened.

According to his uncle, who posts on WebSleuths, you have to drive around a gate to get where his vehicle was found turned over. His cell phone, wallet with all his credit cards, clothes and laptop in his car. His parents fund his bank account - so has no other money. The back window of his SUV was broken, as well, with his bag unzipped a little bit. They found his car driving to the location where his SUV was found on survellience, as well. He made 3 trips to the location before crashing. Another car was seen traveling there after him on the last trip.

There are so many weird aspects to this case... I hope I posted most of them. I can't even begin to wonder what happened.

LOL I went there in 2001 and 2002...

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I've been paying attention to this too. It's such a weird story. I live in so cal and was bummed the news stopped giving updates.
    Jenn

Active search for missing teen at Castaic Lake called off

(Sept. 18, 2013) Authorities have called off an active search at Castaic Lake for Bryce Laspisa, the college student whose sport utility vehicle was found in the area after he was reported missing.

The decision, relayed to Laspisa's family on Tuesday, caps weeks of searching on land, underwater and from the air.

Bryce's friends set up a Facebook page dedicated to the search while relatives rallied around his parents and flew in from out of state. His father has been at Castaic Lake nearly every day to aid the search effort.

But with no results to show for it, authorities say they're calling off the massive field operation and will instead rely on "routine patrols" and new leads.

"When you look at the lengths we've gone to find Bryce Laspisa, we feel terrible for the missing and we feel terrible for the family and friends," said L.A. County sheriff's Capt. Mike Parker. "It's a tragedy he has not been found and the unknowns that go along with that. Frankly, it breaks our hearts too."

Read more: http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...,1979903.story

Parents End Castaic Lake Search for Bryce Laspisa

(Sept. 17, 2013) After two and a half weeks of searching Castaic Lake for their son, Bryce Laspisa's parents said Tuesday they are ending their rescue efforts there.

After speaking with detectives Tuesday, Mike and Karen Laspisa say it appears their son left the area.

"He may be confused, troubled, or even embarrassed," they said on Facebook.

Detectives continue their attempts to search Bryce's laptop and cell phone, which were left inside his wrecked Toyota Highlander when he went missing Aug. 30.

This does not mean the search is over, the couple said.

"We will continue to put up flyers, check shelters, hospitals or groups/organizations where he may have sought help," they said. "We still have hope that Bryce will be found. We love him and just want him home."

http://lagunaniguel-danapoint.patch....-bryce-laspisa
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2013/...ted-in-oregon/

Missing Sierra College student possibly spotted in Oregon

(Oct. 2, 2013) ROCKLIN (CBS13) ? A missing Sierra College student who vanished a month ago may have possibly been spotted twice in Oregon.

Family confirmed to CBS13's sister station in Los Angeles that the teen had been spotted in Port Orford. The city is just over the California border along the southern coast of Oregon, south of Coos Bay.

A police officer in Port Orford said he saw 19-year-old Bryce Laspisa Monday, but was not aware the college student was a missing person.

Laspisa vanished while on his way to his parents' home in Orange County. According to authorities, he was on the phone with his family just before he disappeared. He reportedly said he was going to pull over and rest. Laspisa's SUV was found overturned and damaged in a rural part of Los Angeles County. Both his cellphone and wallet were still inside the car.

Friends and fellow students held a vigil for Laspisa in Rocklin Tuesday night. Vigils were also held in L.A. and Chicago, where Laspisa has extended family, to bring more attention to the case.

When worlds collide.. Bryce and Michael McStay

Wow...Is Michael McStay's family missing?? Where did you see this picture.

Quote Originally Posted by LIgirl View Post
    Wow...Is Michael McStay's family missing?? Where did you see this picture.
    Yes. Michael posted that photo on the mcstay missing fb.

That is really ODD that Michael McStay knows someone else who is now missing under strange circumstances. Do we know the context of this photo at all? Too weird.

Quote Originally Posted by becoming View Post
    That is really ODD that Michael McStay knows someone else who is now missing under strange circumstances. Do we know the context of this photo at all? Too weird.
    Michael said they knew each other from church.

http://scvnews.com/2014/01/01/search...teen-pi-hired/

Search Still On for Missing Teen; PI Hired

(Jan. 1, 2014)[KHTS] ? The family of Bryce Laspisa is asking anyone with information on his whereabouts to contact a private investigator, according to a person hired by the family to help find him.

"What has been a problem from the start with this is that there have been a lot of agencies involved, and a lot of good-hearted people," said Shannon Tulloss, a private investigator. "It has been a blessing to the Laspisa family -- unfortunately, it has resulted in a lot of misinformation," she said.

After Laspisa's 2003 Toyota Highlander was found overturned on the Castaic Lake Main Boat Launch access road at the end of August, a search lasting several weeks was undertaken by Sheriff?s Department officials.

Laspisa, 19, was apparently on his way home from college, when his car ran out of gas.

What happened next is still subject to speculation, but a private investigator hired by his family believes he's still out there, based on her ongoing investigation.

"He likely did not sustain a debilitating injury at the scene," the investigator said, noting the absence of blood that would be associated with such an injury. "Given his physical conditioning, he absolutely had the ability to leave the scene."

There were also two sets of dogs that tracked him walking away, she said.

"Logic is usually our best friend," Tulloss said. "All the logical facts surrounding this case seem to indicate that likely he walked away from the scene."

Community members led several search parties for the missing teen, and while there have been several reported sightings, there has no been no positive identification.

Officials are no longer searching, she said, having deemed Laspisa "a willfully missing adult."

As a result, any information about his whereabouts submitted to law enforcement agencies would not be tracked, because he is not being actively investigated as a missing person, she said. Tulloss asked that anyone with information use a private phoneline the family has established.

While Tulloss acknowledges that he's not a minor, she's still seeking Laspisa because Mike and Karen Laspisa want to know their only child is OK, she said.

"Since he is an adult, he has every right to be missing," she said. "He has a legal right to be unavailable, and if that's his choice, then the family will respect that."

However, she's hoping to appeal to Bryce or friends of his on different grounds.

"The moral necessity is that his family be informed that he is alright, and he's OK, ? she said. "They would love the opportunity to rebuild the relationship."

Anyone with information on Bryce Laspisa?s whereabouts is being asked by family members to contact 949-292-4400.

There is a lot of info here about this case - I never knew that he had been reported missing and the cops found him safe at first. And then he had the accident.

http://astrologyincrime.com/2013/10/01/just-one-pill/

Sorry to bump an old thread when I have no updates on the missing persons case. BUT, I stumbled upon a blog on Bryce's disappearance...posted by none other than Rick Baker (of McStay Family fame.) He has no new evidence but uses the blog to basically go after the family of Bryce for shady behavior. And of course he has to bring a McStay conspiracy into the mix. It appears to have been posted this month, so it's quite recent. Just thought I'd share.

http://rickgbaker.blogspot.com/2015/...ed-to.html?m=1

"All pictures of Bryce with Mike McStay have been deleted from the internet!"

Yeah. Cuz we alllllllll know how plausible that is.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBeWithMe View Post
    "All pictures of Bryce with Mike McStay have been deleted from the internet!"

Yeah. Cuz we alllllllll know how plausible that is.
    What? I mean, it's pretty obvious that Mike McStay became friends with Bryce after killing his family, and then he killed Bryce after Bryce gave his business a bad review on FB, and then he erased all evidence of their relationship from the interwebz. Rick Baker is a shining beacon of justice...I can't wait to read the book he's probably writing about Bryce!

Bumping this OLD thread with no new information because I just saw this on "Disappeared" and it has been bothering me. So we know that Bryce appeared to be lucid when he talked to the AAA guy who brought him gas and the police officer. Yet he also appeared to be awake for days before intentionally crashing the car. Can we assume there was some sort of bipolar disease coming in to play? He was at the right age. I also wonder why the parents didn't just come and get him?
    They seem like nice people; I can't imagine they would reject their only child for being gay or having a mental illness. But he certainly did not want to tell them.

Wait, he had substance abuse issues? I don't remember that part.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Wait, he had substance abuse issues? I don't remember that part.
    I believe he was taking ADHD medication that wasn't prescribed for him

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    I believe he was taking ADHD medication that wasn't prescribed for him
    Yes, the days before the disappearance, but the parents alluded to a "small" problem with maybe underage drinking? It was told like it was a one-off and not a continuing issue.

Bryce Laspisa 19 missing since 8

I would Imagine that stuff is on hold until things settle down. They have been pretty much going non stop with a lot of travel since Flite Fest. I would imagine someone will get to it soon though as I think they will be back home and gettin back into the normal routine again soon.

Maybe PM one of the mods here and poke em with a stick to see what they know?

Quote Originally Posted by LizaHasse View Post
    I would Imagine that stuff is on hold until things settle down. They have been pretty much going non stop with a lot of travel since Flite Fest. I would imagine someone will get to it soon though as I think they will be back home and gettin back into the normal routine again soon.

What?

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    ^^^^^ What she said
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by LizaHasse View Post

Are you on the wrong post?

Thread Information