Thread: Deshon Crawford, 16 from Lebanon TN since 30 Aug 2013

Deshon Crawford, 16 from Lebanon TN since 30 Aug 2013

Deshon Lynn Crawford, 16, from Lebanon, Tenn and a student at Lebanon High School has been missing since Friday, Aug. 30. The police have labeled Deshon as a runaway although Melissa, Deshon's mother stated that she left a note saying she was going for a walk/run and would be back in a little while.Her mother told authorities she was last seen around 11 p.m. leaving 613 North Greenwood Extension.

The news article does make it sound more voluntary? Doesn't mean she didn't run into trouble though she's a gorgeous looking girl.

Police are looking for a missing Lebanon teenager.

Deshon L. Crawford, 16, of Lebanon, was last seen at her home late Aug. 30.

The girl’s mother, Melissa Crawford Holdeman, told police her daughter climbed out of a bathroom window sometime between 11 p.m. Friday and 1 a.m. Saturday and she has not seen or heard from her since.

Crawford has brown hair and hazel eyes and is 5-feet-two-inches tall, weighing 123 pounds.

She was last seen wearing yellow basketball shoes, purple and green Nike capris and a black tank top.

According to Lebanon police Chief Scott Bowen, police could not issue an Amber alert for Crawford because she apparently ran away, but Bowen said police are nonetheless doing “absolutely everything [they] can to find her.”

Mum's fb with search info posted constantly

https://m.facebook.com/melissa.crawf...562965658&_rdr
    Last edited by blighted star; 09-09-2013 at 09:32 PM.

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar
    Someone needs to put *missing* in the thread title.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

It sounds to me like she snuck out, possibly to meet up with a dude. I don't consider that a runaway, my friends used to do that all the time. They would just sneak back in the window before their parents got up.

She left out her window at 11 pm correct? Think the mom forged/lied about the note so the police would look for her daughter. She wouldn't leave through the window to go for a jog.

I want something good to die for, to make it beautiful to live.~Queens of the Stone Age

Quote Originally Posted by neenerneener View Post
    Someone needs to put *missing* in the thread title.

Shit! Sorry! Missing is missing. Brilliant. Talk about leaving out the most important detail. Hopefully being in "Missing" helps with that bit til a mod fixes it?? It was supposed to be in front of "From". I don't know what happened. This tablet leaves the vowels out of every word, but not usually the consonants as well so I guess an entire missing word has to be down to human malfunction.

(hanging head)

She might leave through the window for a jog if she was told no, it's dark out, you're not going for a run or a walk at this time of night. There's gym equipment in her pix taken at home so she might've used it as a stress outlet. I used to jog in the dark as a teen. It was stupid. It was a bad area & I had to run from guys in cars a few times. My mum forbade me, but I did it anyway because I knew everything & thought I could handle myself (hah).

But I'd also just up & walk out to see friends, meet guys etc. I always let her know where I was though, 4am was the longest I did with no contact & I left at 8pm so I was only off the grid 8hrs. Deshon's mum might've made up that note, but if she has I don't blame her. Deshon's been gone 11 days with no word. Her friends & acquaintances seem to know nothing. I hope her friends are covering for her & the worst she gets out of this is a hangover but if she usually takes off like I did then I'd be FREAKING if she was mine because while I did the opposite of what I was told, I ALWAYS kept in touch while I did it, so they didn't think I'd been abducted. It's the 10th Sept, that's a long time to meet with a boy. They usually come back for clothes & food after a few days.

I think you're right Ang, she meant to come back. I hope she just got caught up in fun times. 9/10 times it's a runaway & they're back in a few weeks, but ...
    Last edited by blighted star; 09-09-2013 at 10:21 PM.

Something about her in those pics doesn't scream runaway to me. She looked involved in sports and that last pic, she Looks like she's in some sort of uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    Ron, you done went full retard, son.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    Shit! Sorry! Missing is missing. Brilliant. Talk about leaving out the most important detail. Hopefully being in "Missing" helps with that bit til a mod fixes it?? It was supposed to be in front of "From". I don't know what happened. This tablet leaves the vowels out of every word, but not usually the consonants as well so I guess an entire missing word has to be down to human malfunction.

(hanging head)

She might leave through the window for a jog if she was told no, it's dark out, you're not going for a run or a walk at this time of night. There's gym equipment in her pix taken at home so she might've used it as a stress outlet. I used to jog in the dark as a teen. It was stupid. It was a bad area & I had to run from guys in cars a few times. My mum forbade me, but I did it anyway because I knew everything & thought I could handle myself (hah).

But I'd also just up & walk out to see friends, meet guys etc. I always let her know where I was though, 4am was the longest I did with no contact & I left at 8pm so I was only off the grid 8hrs. Deshon's mum might've made up that note, but if she has I don't blame her. Deshon's been gone 11 days with no word. Her friends & acquaintances seem to know nothing. I hope her friends are covering for her & the worst she gets out of this is a hangover but if she usually takes off like I did then I'd be FREAKING if she was mine because while I did the opposite of what I was told, I ALWAYS kept in touch while I did it, so they didn't think I'd been abducted. It's the 10th Sept, that's a long time to meet with a boy. They usually come back for clothes & food after a few days.

I think you're right Ang, she meant to come back. I hope she just got caught up in fun times. 9/10 times it's a runaway & they're back in a few weeks, but ...
    I used to work with a lady whose daughter snuck out just long enough to talk to a guy in their driveway...and disappeared. Turns out the guy she snuck out to talk to was a serial killer, Rosendo Rodriguez. They had no idea what had happened to her for over two years, until he was caught in another murder and eventually told them about killing this other young lady and throwing her remains in the garbage. Even if someone snuck out for 'good' reasons such as a jog, or for other reasons such as meeting up with a guy, if they are missing for a week I would say something is wrong. I agree with the posters that say she doesn't look like a runaway.

I hope they find her safe and sound!

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I used to work with a lady whose daughter snuck out just long enough to talk to a guy in their driveway...and disappeared. Turns out the guy she snuck out to talk to was a serial killer, Rosendo Rodriguez. They had no idea what had happened to her for over two years, until he was caught in another murder and eventually told them about killing this other young lady and throwing her remains in the garbage. Even if someone snuck out for 'good' reasons such as a jog, or for other reasons such as meeting up with a guy, if they are missing for a week I would say something is wrong. I agree with the posters that say she doesn't look like a runaway.

I hope they find her safe and sound!
    Holy shit! That's fucking terrifying!

Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    Ron, you done went full retard, son.

http://www.lebanondemocrat.com/article/lebanon/227666

Missing teen considered runaway

(Sept. 10, 2013) Police are continuing to look for a missing Lebanon teenager, though now it seems as if she has run away.

Deshon L. Crawford, 16, of Lebanon, was last seen at her home late Aug. 30.

According to Lebanon police Chief Scott Bowen, police had heard from a friend of Crawford's who said she saw her last week.

"She told her friend she was fine and 'good luck finding me,'" Bowen said.

The girl's mother, Melissa Crawford Holdeman, told police her daughter climbed out of a bathroom window sometime between 11 p.m. Friday and 1 a.m. Saturday, and she has not seen or heard from her since.

Crawford has brown hair and hazel eyes, is 5-feet, 5-inches tall and weighs 123 pounds.

She was last seen wearing yellow basketball shorts, purple and green Nikes and a black tank top.

Bowen said police could not issue an Amber alert for Crawford because she apparently ran away, but police are nonetheless doing "absolutely everything [they] can to find her."

"It appears she ran away and we're obviously still working on this case, but there's a big difference between being missing and being a runaway," Bowen said.

Bowen said all the information police have gathered points to Crawford not wanting to be found.

"It looks to us like she's fine, and she wants to be gone," Bowen said.

Bowen said at this time police had no reason to believe Crawford was in any danger.

"Her friend said she is fine, so we think she is just purposely avoiding us and avoiding being found," Bowen said.

There will be a poster party for Crawford on Wednesday at noon at Demo's Restaurant in Lebanon. Those who wish to attend should RSVP to Center For Search and Investigations for missing children by Tuesday at 9 a.m. and arrive at Demo's by noon. Lunch will be provided.

Those attending should bring printed CFSI letter-size flyers, clear packing tape, scissors and water bottles.

Anyone with information leading to Crawford?s location should contact the Lebanon Police Department at 615-444-2323, private investigator John Forster at 615-788-8031 or Chuck Foreman at 512-644-9856.

I hope her friend really did speak to her. It seems that in almost every real missing case, at least one person who vaguely knows the missing person says they saw them somewhere ,but it later emerges the sighting couldn't possibly have occurred.

Being bratty & refusing to come home isn't great, but it's a thousand times better than most of the alternatives. I hope it's true, because this is going to make LE treat t even less seriously than they already were..

Ph your Mum Deshon!!

I live in Lebanon and have kids her age, i don't think the kids are telling the truth about talking to her.
    This is a decent size town but so many people are related to each other, went to school etc, find it hard to believe only one "friend" heard from her, and no one has seen her.

She had no money with her, no extra clothes, hasn't posted on facebook or twitter, heck it's her brother's bday and hasn't come home for that??
    14 days and no sign of her except what one kid said about a supposed conversation, if I were the cops I would really push on that kid, what DO they know??

I snuck out as a kid but there isn't much going on in Lebanon, either then or now. I can see sneaking out on a Sat night to go hang out with friends, but she is a beautiful girl, walking around town late night and not coming home. She doesn't seem like the runaway type to me either...

She's not into guys (wrong type) so it wasn't a guy she snuck out to see, and being an athlete I find it hard to think she would give that up to just to give her mom grief. This many days of school missed and she will have to go to the bad kids school and forget about sports, they don't have any there.

Please everyone pray for this poor girl and her family that she makes it home safely!!

Quote Originally Posted by ally7751 View Post
    I live in Lebanon and have kids her age, i don't think the kids are telling the truth about talking to her.
    This is a decent size town but so many people are related to each other, went to school etc, find it hard to believe only one "friend" heard from her, and no one has seen her.

She had no money with her, no extra clothes, hasn't posted on facebook or twitter, heck it's her brother's bday and hasn't come home for that??
    14 days and no sign of her except what one kid said about a supposed conversation, if I were the cops I would really push on that kid, what DO they know??

I snuck out as a kid but there isn't much going on in Lebanon, either then or now. I can see sneaking out on a Sat night to go hang out with friends, but she is a beautiful girl, walking around town late night and not coming home. She doesn't seem like the runaway type to me either...

She's not into guys (wrong type) so it wasn't a guy she snuck out to see, and being an athlete I find it hard to think she would give that up to just to give her mom grief. This many days of school missed and she will have to go to the bad kids school and forget about sports, they don't have any there.

Please everyone pray for this poor girl and her family that she makes it home safely!!
    thanks for the info ally! welcome to MDS.

Quote Originally Posted by SuchAClassicGirl View Post
    whatever. quit acting like you've never had a kangaroo in your bed.

Have LE shared the information from the "friend" wth her mum? Is she allowed to ask for those details? All girls have one or two girls they don't get on with in school & every school has a girl who likes to place herself at the centre of other people's drama. I really hope they checked out the relationship between Deshon & this friend before they started basing their (lack of) investigation on the information she gave.

Hearing about the kind of town it is, & that she is the sport-orientated kind of kid we'd guessed at, & now she's missed her brother's bday. Not good. I dread my girls hitting their teens. I hope the police have started paying attention. Her family & friends should hold any vigils outside their local police station til they get their attention. Having a kid go missing is bad enough but to have the very people who are supposed to DO something react wth no urgency whatsoever? Uggh

http://www.missingpersonsofamerica.c...sing-from.html

Anonymous September 9, 2013 at 2:58 PM
    I agree some standard language should be posted "confirmed runaway" if there's a note or "suspected runaway" if unclear.
    ALSO, in the event it's a child custody or abuse situation, perhaps a seal of endorsement from local police a report has been filed- what if the person reporting the missing is someone a protective order has been filed against & they're merely trying to suss out where the victim/complaintant is?

Replies

Anonymous September 9, 2013 at 8:35 PM
    I get a weird feeling about the step dad. I don't know, I feel he should be blasting that his step daughter is missing all over his face book but he isn't, not accusing but I just get a funny feeling about it. I hope I'm wrong and I hope I don't come across as judgemental. Have they looked into it as foul play at all? Or are they still sticking with the runaway speculation? I swear these laws are all tWisted, it's almost as if they give priority to certain cases. I hope she is found safe and sound and that this family has peace. God is a good God and a loving God. She is in my prayers and I can't get this situation off my mind. Prayers are with the family and beautiful Deshon.

Anonymous September 9, 2013 at 9:20 PM
    Brilliant, just cast aspersions on a man because of your "funny feeling". Perhaps he is trying other methods, as opposed to "blasting it on facebook" which would probably be a waste of time anyway.

deshons momma September 10, 2013 at 5:04 PM
    he doesn't blast it because when he isn't working 10 hours a day he knocking on doors hanging fliers and being an awesome husband and dad the only thing step here is you stepping over boundries he never gets on face book if you haven't been in this situation then you have no clue and God forbid it ever happens to you people like you are sick and should offer prayers not sick oppinions

Anonymous September 12, 2013 at 4:37 PM
    Damn for someone who is so GODLY like you sure are quick to get vindictive huh? Did you not even bother to read the rest of my post? I am not in any way trying to be judgemental, I just feel that as a husband maybe he should be more supportive, and no I would never want to be in that situation if I had kids, but I'm pretty sure my husband would be at my side doing ALL that is needed to be done and work would be the last thing in his mind! Seriously, there is a missing child here! And the focus should be on her, and why the hell would anyone make such a dumb remark as to Facebook being a waste of time? It is and has been a very effective tool at spreading an important message! Like I said God bless Deshon. There's certainly more to the story, but the story only God knows.

Anonymous September 9, 2013 at 4:38 PM
    Go on FB and READ Mellisa Crawford's Posts. This goes back further into May 2013, so something is up. Also look up Deshon Crawford on FB n see her lookin' STONED, n that FB Profile is from 11/22/12. She looks ALOT older than these pix n something is up with her mother. Too many things son't make any sense!!!

Replies

Anonymous September 9, 2013 at 4:52 PM
    Don't see on her Fb page where this goes back to May

Anonymous September 9, 2013 at 7:39 PM
    You know how she looks on a social site picture, whether she has used marijuana or what you think her relationship with her mother is like is pretty irrelevant when a 16 year old girl is missing. Especially with sex-trafficking being what it is. Why don't you lay off suggesting something that you have no proof of and offer up concern, prayer and hope?

ceshons momma melissa September 9, 2013 at 7:47 PM
    thank you and to add to it our relationship is great she will be 17 in a few weeks this is the first time I have never spoke to her for more then 24 hours and in may they found lumps in my brest and we moved into a new home deshon doesn't even take medication for her tourettes so people can assume and be evil and cruel if they want because the devil is a liar and people like that are pathetic

Anonymous September 9, 2013 at 5:15 PM
    Tried to go to Tennessee news on this young lady and saw AN ALERT WAS ISSUED....but it was for a DIFFERENT GIRL 1 YEAR YOUNGER than Deshon missing since only FRIDAY - WHAT THE HECK????
    http://www.wsmv.com/story/23381033/a...lewisburg-teen

**I also went to that Deshon Crawford on Fbook, I was battling whether that was her or not...I think it is.

Replies

deshons momma melissa September 9, 2013 at 7:25 PM
    well seeing deshon didn't have a face book in November your rong and the picts she took were on a camera that is broken as far as may goes it was and had nothing to do with anything like this I am the mother and deshon is a great funloving child with tourettes syndrome shes a good student awesome daughter and amazing big sister im so sorry that people gotta twist things and be negative but let me tell you Gods got this and Hes a mighty God and I pray he has mercy on your sick demented twisted blame throwing life God be with you

Anonymous September 9, 2013 at 7:36 PM
    I am sorry you are forced into defending yourself and your daughter at a time like this. Try to ignore the negatives and focus on Deshon! Good luck and prayers your way.

Anonymous September 9, 2013 at 7:37 PM
    Don't get all bent out of shape. .just trying to get the FACTS ... You never said b/4 she has Tourettes. Did she leave a note saying she was running away, or could some one have taken her?

deshons momma melissa September 9, 2013 at 7:51 PM
    she left a note saying she was going for a walk /run would be back in a little while and didn't come home the police classified her as a runaway not me

Jerrie Dean September 9, 2013 at 8:06 PM
    Thank you for clarifying that. The media sometimes gets it wrong. Teens are the ones most ignored by the police BECAUSE they label them runaway, not the parents.

Anonymous September 9, 2013 at 8:41 PM
    To: "Deshon's Momma Melissa" - The Person You're calling sick & demented - Is the one that was actually UPSET about an Alert issued in YOUR STATE for a Young Girl recently - but it wasn't for Deshon. I NEVER DID ANY BLAME THROWING? I've POSTED on my Fbook a Notice so everyone can look for Your Baby and it's been shared (as many others are doing as well). *In the meantime..If You're reading this - Please TRY and get some SLEEP, don't put Yourself Out Like this Girl. You can continue searching in the Morning if she's not home by then. Blessings - Praying.

Anonymous September 9, 2013 at 9:49 PM
    And just to clarify - I didn't mean "Don't put Yourself Out Like this Girl" for you to think I'm talkin 'bout Your Baby. I'm Saying - "Don't put Yourself Out THERE Like this - GIRL" Hope You understand that, and more importantly get your baby back tonight..Blessings

Anonymous September 10, 2013 at 10:09 AM
    So you told the police she left a note, but also that she climbed out of a bathroom Window. So im confused. If she went out the window it wasn't for a run.

Anonymous September 10, 2013 at 10:42 AM
    I did too. So did she climb out of a window or go for a run. I need a strait story!

deshons momma September 10, 2013 at 5:17 PM
    the police said she went out the damn window not me I said the bathroom window was open and front door unlocked that's the story I cant help what the police say I as well as God know and by them doing that they classify her as a runaway and don't have to work as hard better yet work at all

deshons momma September 11, 2013 at 9:33 PM
    the poster party was great got a lot of ground covered and news channel 4 covered the story PRAISE GOD still lots of fliers to get out and I wont stoop till DESHON is home

Replies

I can't screenshot etc but Missing Person's of America say Deshon is back home.

Shit Ani, that post up there ^^ sums up everything that's wrong with the world. People think have the right to say/ask ANYTHING to peopl in crisis. How do they not feel shame?

So WHAT if she did go voluntarily? All that indicates is that she may not be a happy girl right now & that places a kid in vulnerable position - runaways are the most at-risk & abused group of kids out there. It doesn't mean she left to party & doesn't mean she's safe & it definitely doesn't mean anyone at home is the cause either - problems with bullies &/or teachers are just as likely.

Implying her stepdad is suspicious because he's making sure the family doesn't have to deal with unpaid bills & eviction as well as a missing teen instead of posting on fb? Yuk. Some people are so far beyond tactless it makes me feel sick.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    I can't screenshot etc but Missing Person's of America say Deshon is back home.

Shit Ani, that post up there ^^ sums up everything that's wrong with the world. People think have the right to say/ask ANYTHING to peopl in crisis. How do they not feel shame?

So WHAT if she did go voluntarily? All that indicates is that she may not be a happy girl right now & that places a kid in vulnerable position - runaways are the most at-risk & abused group of kids out there. It doesn't mean she left to party & doesn't mean she's safe & it definitely doesn't mean anyone at home is the cause either - problems with bullies &/or teachers are just as likely.

Implying her stepdad is suspicious because he's making sure the family doesn't have to deal with unpaid bills & eviction as well as a missing teen instead of posting on fb? Yuk. Some people are so far beyond tactless it makes me feel sick.

hooray!!!

yeah, like the pops is all about the facebook.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Holy shit that is good news. Whew! Hopefully she can explain what the heck has been going on for the past two weeks.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Now go fuck yourself.

Awesome news! I was expecting the worst. It's nice to hear good news on these stories.

Thread Information