Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Christopher Lane (22) was shot by bored teenagers

Christopher Lane (22) was shot by bored teenagers

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2013...ristopher_Lane

A college baseball player jogging on the streets of Oklahoma was shot to death by three teenagers, one of whom told police they were ?bored and didn?t have anything to do, so we decided to kill somebody,? authorities said.

The ballplayer, Christopher Lane, was visiting the town of Duncan, where his girlfriend lives, the police chief told The Associated Press. He passed a home where the teens were staying and was gunned down at random, the chief said.

Essendon Baseball Club via AP

Christopher Lane was shot and killed while out for a jog in Duncan, Okla., police said. His college baseball coach described Lane as "an extremely well-respected teammate."

?They saw Christopher go by, and one of them said: ?There?s our target,?? the chief, Danny Ford, told the AP. ?The boy who has talked to us said, ?We were bored and didn?t have anything to do, so we decided to kill somebody.??

Lane, 22, is from Australia but was in Oklahoma playing baseball. He was a rising senior at East Central University in Ada, Okla., a catcher who started 14 games and hit .250 for the Tigers this season, according to the school?s athletics website.

Ford told the AP that prosecutors were expected to file first-degree murder charges Tuesday against the three teens, aged 15, 16 and 17. They were to appear in court, and it was not clear whether they would be charged as adults.

Witnesses told Australian television that Lane staggered and collapsed on the road after he was shot in the back with a .22-caliber revolver on Friday afternoon.

Lane?s father, Peter, said that the killing was ?heartless, and to try to understand it is a short way to insanity.?

?The fact that something that shouldn?t have happened has happened ? it?s the fact that somebody we all love so much is not going to come home,? he said from Australia in video aired by KFOR, the NBC affiliate in Oklahoma City.

The girlfriend, Sarah Harper, visited the street where Lane was gunned down. A memorial with flowers had sprung up.

The parents of Christopher Lane, Peter and Donna, speak at a media conference at Essendon Baseball Club in Melbourne, Australia, on Monday.

?I don?t really care what happens to them,? she said of the accused in an interview with 9 News of Australia. ?I feel like if they don?t get what they deserve now and in the present, they will eternally. They?re just evil people.?

Jennifer Luna, who identified herself as the mother of one of the teens being held in the killing, said her son should be punished if he was involved.

In a tearful interview with reporters, she addressed the parents of the dead ballplayer: ?I wouldn?t want to be in that position that they?re in right now. I?m always on my kids. I always tell them: If I lost y?all, I wouldn?t be able to live.?

The autopsy on Lane was pending, the AP reported. A call to the district attorney?s office in Duncan from NBC News on Tuesday was not answered.

The three teens are being held in individual cells at the Stephens County jail, Sheriff Wayne McKinney told NBC News.

He said that there has been an escalation in major crimes committed by people under 18 in recent years in Stephens County, a rural ranching and farming community about an hour and a half outside Oklahoma City.

Also in the jail are a teen accused of murdering his 16-year-old girlfriend and a man just over 18 accused of killing a store attendant, he said.

?That is alarming that we?re seeing those type of crimes,? he said in a telephone interview. ?I don?t think it?s unique. It?s something we?re starting to see nationwide.?

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...-cops-say?lite
    Last edited by Olivia; 08-22-2013 at 01:41 AM. Reason: added article
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

What. The. Fuck

A college baseball player jogging on the streets of Oklahoma was shot to death by three teenagers, one of whom told police they were bored and didnt have anything to do, so we decided to kill somebody, authorities said.

Could it be a gang initiation and they don't want to go the "snitches get stitches" route?

Nope you can't use being bored as a excuse to kill someone. If you are bored it's your own problem, not someone else's. I hope they charge these teens as adults, chances are they will get bored again and other people will die.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Two of the three boys who allegedly shot dead Australian baseballer Chris Lane have been charged with first degree murder.

James Edwards, 15, and Chancey Luna, 16, were charged with first degree murder and face life in prison if convicted.

Michael Jones, 17, was charged with using a vehicle to facilitate the discharge of a weapon and accessory after the fact of murder in the first degree.

One of the accused allegedly danced as he was charged over the murder.

The arraignment took place at the Stephens County Courthouse in Duncan, Oklahoma on Tuesday.

The alleged random drive-by shooting has shocked locals.

Mr Lane, 22, who had a scholarship at an Oklahoma college to play baseball and major in finance, was jogging on a Duncan street on Friday.

Police allege the accused killers - aged 15, 16 and 17 - followed Mr Lane in a car, shot him in the back and sped off in a random drive-by, before heading to another house with plans to kill again.

One of the teenagers is believed to have written on Facebook: "Bang. Two drops in two hours."

The youths were arrested before they got to their intended second target.

Danny Ford, the chief of Oklahoma's Duncan Police Department, said there would have been more deaths if police hadn't caught them so quickly in a town that hasn't had a murder in five years.

"They wanted to be Billy Bob Badasses," Chief Ford told AAP.

"I think they were on a killing spree.

"I know everybody thinks there has to be a reason, but I've been in this business for 30 years and there doesn't have to be a reason with these kids."

Edwards and Luna were refused bail.

Bail for Jones was set at $US1 million.

Mr Lane and his girlfriend of four years had only been back in the US for three days after visiting his family in Melbourne.

She paid tribute to him on Facebook, posting photos of their recent trip to Australia.

"This last adventure together I'll always cherish," Ms Harper wrote.

"The past 4 years have been the most amazing years of my life."

His parents and former teammates in Melbourne remembered a man who was motivated, happy and making plans for the future.

"He was just a kid on the cusp of making his life," his father said.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/latest/a/-/...-murder-in-us/
    Last edited by luvit; 08-20-2013 at 01:40 PM.

Man, kids need better hobbies.

Here are the 2 FB profiles of the two who were charged with murder. The first one is open.

https://www.facebook.com/roamingbird...coon44?fref=ts

https://www.facebook.com/#!/chancey.luna?fref=ts

I wonder if they thought prison would give them more entertainment?

What a bunch of asses.

TONY EASTLEY: Well overseas and there's still no answers for Chris Lane's family nor his American girlfriend as to why the young Australian was shot and killed in a drive-by shooting in rural Oklahoma.

The three teenagers accused of his death are yet to appear in court and are expected to face first degree murder charges.

Chris Lane's girlfriend is Sarah Harper, a student at a nearby university. She and Chris had been together for four years.

Sarah Harper told North America correspondent Michael Vincent Chris Lane's killing still doesn't make any sense.

SARAH HARPER: We'd been back after our long journey. The only thing we had done is go to this grocery store 'cause he forgot his toothbrush. Other than sleeping and going to Walmart, that's all we'd done. And then he went for a jog and it all happened.

MICHAEL VINCENT: It's hard to make sense of such a shooting, let alone that they had nothing do with him and he had nothing to do with them.

SARAH HARPER: Never met them, never heard of them. And the fact that it was just they saw him running and chose him as a target is just unbearable, that it was just pointless. There was no rhyme or reason to any of it and it's just not fair.

MICHAEL VINCENT: Do you want to know why?

SARAH HARPER: I don't know if there is a why. I don't think they, they clearly don't have any compassion or any sense of consequence. I want them taken care of. I don't want them ever to see daylight again. I don't, just angry and sad and confused about it all. It's just…

MICHAEL VINCENT: You must have had a wonderful holiday.

SARAH HARPER: Yeah. Yeah I'm really thankful I got to do that before this happened. Spent a lot of time with him and with his family in the place that he really loved being. Him being so proud to show everybody and everything off that he loved.

I got to meet a large portion of his family and see his old high school and all the places he used to go when he was growing up, 'cause I never knew him back when he was there. But I got to see most of his past while I was there and that was really nice.

MICHAEL VINCENT: How do you want Chris to be remembered?

SARAH HARPER: I want him to be remembered by all the great things that he accomplished and amazing heart that he had for everybody and everything. He was the most generous person I've ever met and he would do anything for anybody.

MICHAEL VINCENT: I understand you want to go back to Australia now to be with his family and go to his funeral?

SARAH HARPER: Yeah. There's no better way to say a final goodbye than with the people that he loved most.

MICHAEL VINCENT: I understand the country club and even the university are trying to help out, you know, his family and your family?

SARAH HARPER: Yeah this town and the towns he played baseball in and everybody has just been so supportive and so gracious,
    wanting to help any way they can, 'cause like this is just such a freak accident.

Fifty people a day probably run up and down this road, our neighbours run it every day, and it's a residential road in the middle of the afternoon. Who does that?

TONY EASTLEY: Sarah Harper, the girlfriend of slain Chris Lane, speaking to our correspondent Michael Vincent.

http://www.abc.net.au/am/content/2013/s3829264.htm

And the michael jones picture up top is not correct. This is Michael Jones.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002624774350

Quote Originally Posted by Pywackett View Post
    And the michael jones picture up top is not correct. This is Michael Jones.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002624774350
    That pic is one, so I uploaded it how it was.

This is also one pic not individual ones

Damn, this is like a carbon copy of that Konrad Schafer kid in Fla. with the "just for the hell of it/thought it would be fun" as a motive. Is this happening more often or is it just getting reported more? (Or am I just paying closer attention?) WTF is with these kids??

Quote Originally Posted by *crickets* View Post
    Damn, this is like a carbon copy of that Konrad Schafer kid in Fla. with the "just for the hell of it/thought it would be fun" as a motive. Is this happening more often or is it just getting reported more? (Or am I just paying closer attention?) WTF is with these kids??
    You should read James Edwards facebook. Well actually, maybe you shouldn't. A whole lot of fuckery, racism and ignorance all rolled into one cyber ball.

"Hey, are you bored?"

"Yhea, man I am."

"How bout we just kill someone?"

"Sure, sounds like fun!"

WTF?????
    "Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; They listen with the intent to reply." ~ anonymous
    "Keep calm and sing Soft Kitty"
    "it is what it is!"

Another question: (besides WTF?--which probably cannot be answered) Why is this case getting national coverage on CNN when the Konrad Schafer murders were ignored except for online coverage? It is exactly the same thing (teenage boys killing because they were 'bored' or 'thought it would be fun.') The only differences that I can see are 1) the victim here was from another country and 2) the victim here is white, while Schafer's were Hispanic and Indian, i.e. 'brown.'

So which is it? This is starting to make me cranky...

Another question: (besides WTF?--which probably cannot be answered) Why is this case getting national coverage on CNN when the Konrad Schafer murders were ignored except for online coverage? It is exactly the same thing (teenage boys killing because they were 'bored' or 'thought it would be fun.') The only differences that I can see are 1) the victim here was from another country and 2) the victim here is white, while Schafer's were Hispanic and Indian, i.e. 'brown.'

So which is it? This is starting to make me cranky...
    The Australian press is all over this. I'm sure that makes a difference. And yeah the victim was white. Also, the Schafer thing was in Florida, and really how shocking is it when stuff goes down in Florida? After KayLee and Travon? Nothing shocking when bad stuff happens in Florida. I suspect the fact that this happened in Duncan, OK pop. 25000 got it more press in Oklahoma and the states than if it had happened in Chicago.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

The harrowing last seconds of murdered Australian Chris Lane's life has been recorded on a 911 emergency call.

The seven-minute call, released by the District Attorney's office in Duncan, Oklahoma,
    begins with local Joyce Smith telling the operator she was driving her Toyota Corolla and spotted a bloodied man at the side of the road.

"There's a young man," Ms Smith tells the operator.

"He's just fell over in a ditch and he's got blood on him."

It is 2.57pm on Friday.

Authorities allege Mr Lane, a 22-year-old Melbourne baseball player who had a scholarship
    with a Oklahoma college and was visiting his US girlfriend in Duncan, was jogging along Country Club Road
    when he was shot in the back in a random drive-by shooting.

Ms Smith, unaware Mr Lane has been shot, has no idea what has happened to him.

"I'm afraid to go over to him," Ms Smith tells the operator.
    "I don't know him."

Ms Smith tells the operator Mr Lane was standing at the side of the road, but then fell over in a ditch.
    "I'm kind of scared to go over by myself," Ms Smith tells the operator.

At 1:42 into the call, Richard Rhodes, a building contractor who was working on a house in front of where Mr Lane was shot,
    on the corner of Country Club Rd and Twilight Beach Rd, came out to investigate.

"The man that has come around the corner off Twilight Beach said, 'He has been shot. Tell them to hurry',
    " Ms Smith, panic in her voice, relays to the operator.

"He said, 'He heard the shot and he knows what the car looks like'."

Mr Rhodes will become key to the arrest of the three boys who are accused of the drive-by shooting
    - James Edwards, 15, Chancey Luna, 16, and Michael Jones, 17.

Mr Rhodes told AAP he was working on the house, heard what sounded like a bullet being fired,
    looked down the street and saw a black car with a white sticker on the windshield.

Edwards, Luna and Jones were arrested four hours later in a black 2003 Ford Focus with a white sticker on the windshield.

At 2:45 into the 911 call, Mr Rhodes has some alarming news that Ms Smith relays to the operator.
    "He's turning blue," Ms Smith says.
    Mr Lane is struggling to breath.
    Mr Rhodes told AAP he believed the bullet went through Mr Lane's back and punctured his lungs.

At 3:19 into the call, the operator alerts authorities.
    "We have a male who said he has been shot and is bleeding in the back," the operator can be heard saying.

At 3:37 she informs Ms Smith help is on the way.
    "OK. We have an ambulance and a PD (police) on the way," the operator says.

At 3:54 the operator asks: "Is he breathing? Is he conscious? Is he talking to you?"
    Ms Smith asks Mr Rhodes and the reply is Mr Lane is not conscious and is "barely breathing".
    There's extra panic in Ms Smith's voice.
    About 20 seconds later Ms Smith relays some promising news from Mr Rhodes: "He just took a breath."

At 4:26 an urgent Ms Smith complains to the operator she can't hear any sirens and at
    5:53 she again raises her concerns.
    "I hear no sirens. I see no lights. Oh my gosh how long is it going to be?" Ms Smith says.

At 6:06 Ms Smith says: "I finally see some lights coming."

At 6:20 Ms Smith says an unidentified female passerby was performing CPR on Mr Lane, however the woman delivers an ominous warning.
    The ambulance is yet to arrive.
    "If you don't hurry, he's gone," Ms Smith, relaying the message, tells the operator.
    "Ma'am. They're coming OK. I can't make them come any faster," the operator replies.

At 6:47 Ms Smith says: "Finally I see them coming up the street."
    The operator asks if Mr Lane has stopped breathing.
    Mr Rhodes can be heard in the background saying: "Yes."
    "Yes, yes they said he has," an emotional Ms Smith confirms.

At 7:06 the ambulance pulls up at the scene.
    "Stop right here fella," Ms Smith can be heard telling them.
    Mr Lane was taken to Duncan Regional Hospital where exactly 50 minutes after Ms Smith called 911,
    doctors pronounced the young Australian, who had so much life to live, dead.

Luna, the alleged shooter of a .22 calibre revolver, and Edwards, an alleged passenger in the Focus,
    were charged with first degree murder and face life in prison without parole if convicted.

Jones, the alleged driver, was charged with using a vehicle to facilitate the discharge of a weapon and accessory after the fact of murder in the first degree.
    He faces a maximum 45-year sentence.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/201...ooting-emerges

I have been waiting on this one to post...OMFG....what is wrong with people??

Captain of Fuckery captainjillian's Avatar
    Why did the ambulance take so long?!?
    That seems weird to me.

I never try anything, I just do it. Wanna try me?

I would say its because Duncan is in the middle of nowhere but so is the hospital.

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    Well sure, I get bored and shoot people all the time. What the shit?
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

There's a video of the Edwards kid holding a shotgun and flashing gang signs. The news said it's on social media...don't know where. This is getting insane.

Quote Originally Posted by captainjillian View Post
    Why did the ambulance take so long?!?
    That seems weird to me.
    The hospital is about a mile from the scene of the shooting. Don't know where the ambulance is based. But yeah. Seems like a long ime for the response.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    There's a video of the Edwards kid holding a shotgun and flashing gang signs. The news said it's on social media...don't know where. This is getting insane.

Found it.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Seriously?

This is getting redic.

Bringing Trayvon into every damn thread?
    Last edited by Angiebla; 08-21-2013 at 05:05 PM.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Thread Information